上帝保佑你,孩子
spare some change?
给点钱吧
[monologue] but some times I felt like I never had a home in my life.
但有时候我觉得自己从没有个家
Let’s go
我们走
come back!
回来
[monologue] and another times I knew where ever my mom was, that’s where my home was.
后来我终于知道我母亲在哪,我的家就在哪
[monologue] Month by month, she was fitting away.
一月又一月,她日渐衰竭
Liz?
丽思?
Where did you go?
你去哪了啊?
I’ve … I’ve been staying with friends.
我和朋友们呆在一起
I miss you.
我想你
pops… he hated me and I couldn’t stay here.
爷爷,他讨厌我,我没能呆在那
Lisa said you stop going to school.
丽萨说你又没上学了
I’m gonna go back.
我会回去的
When?
什么时候?
When you get better.
你好了的时候
This is me… This is me. I at the bars, ’cause I shake. I can’t stop shaking.
他们笑我,他们在酒吧笑我,因为我颤抖…不停地颤抖
I think that’s… that’s because of the drinking. you should probably stop.
我想那是喝酒造成的,我想你应该戒掉了
OK OK
好 好
You’re gonna get better, you know.
你会好的
I love you mom. mom I love you .
我爱你妈咪,我爱你
get over there.
过去
Hey guys wait up. I’ll catch you later. I’m just gonna… bye
嗨伙计们慢点,我得去找他们,我得……再见
mom
妈妈
we took up a collection.
我们在募捐
She isn’t coming here anymore, ’cause she thinks we always laugh at her.
她不会再来这了,她不想别人再嘲笑她
She’s dead honey. she died yesterday morning.
她死了,她昨天早上死的
[monologue] Sometimes I feel like there’s a skin on the world. and those of us who were born under it
有时候我觉得世界外有一层外壳,我们所有人都在它的里面
[monologue] can see throw it. We just can’t get throw it.
你能看到外面,却不能出去
[monologue] My mother’s being buried under section 51, the charity plot.
我母亲葬在51区,一个慈善墓区
[monologue] My mother was in there. strangers had put her in there.
我母亲在里面,陌生人把她放在里面
[monologue] Was she naked? was she frightened?
她穿衣服了吗?她害怕吗?
[monologue] No, she was gone.
不,她离开了
come on. let’s go.
来,我们走
no wait a minute. there should be a service. there should be a priest what’s supposed to happen.
不,等一下,应该有个仪式,应该有个牧师祈祷的
When you go, we’re gonna bury him. that’s all.
你走后我们就埋了它,就这样
It’s a SHE!
是“她”
That’s my mother.
那是我母亲
There’s no priest?
没有牧师吗?
not these cases. you didn’t know that?
这里没有,你不知道吗?
She’s dead. put her into the ground
她死了,把她埋了吧
[monologue] priest no priest. what did it matter. she was gone.
有没有牧师有什么关系呢,她已经不在了
[monologue] She was already rotting.
她已经开始腐烂
sorry
抱歉
[monologue] Was I supposed to believe she found eternal peace?
我应该相信她找到了永恒的安宁吗?
so you come with us?
你和我们一起吗?
just go
先走吧
Hey wait
等等
[writing] Jean Murray, beloved.
[writing] Mother of Elizabeth and Lisa Murray 1954-1996
OK
好了
Listen, I’m gonna out of here ok?
我要离开了,好吗?
Liz, just I can’t… I can’t… I can’t do this anymore.
丽思,我只是不能…不能…不能在这做任何事了
you know, so, I’m going.
那么我走了
Where?
去哪?
Group home?
教♥养♥院♥
crazy house?
疯人院…
This? This is crazy!
不,这里才叫人发疯
You should come with me.
你应该和我一块去
yeah, so, see you around.
好吧,后会有期
[monologue] People die. Things decay. Everything that seemed so solid is meaningless.
人们死去,东西腐烂,所有有价值的东西没有了意义
[monologue] All that left is gestures we make. gestures and air
留下的只有我们过去的影像,那些影像还有空气
[monologue] that’s what we remember. I remember riding with my mother through the slips.
我记得和母亲一起从斜坡上滑下来
[monologue] The year ending. but her arms were warm around me when I was little and she was well.
那一年结束的时候,她用臂膀温暖着我,当时我还小,她也很健康
[monologue] That was long ago. maybe it only happened once.
那是很久以前了,也许就只有那么一次
[monologue] Maybe she betrayed me a thousand times. it didn’t matter.
也许她背弃了我上千次,但没有关系
[monologue] math was always a weak subject. we remember what we choose.
数学是我最差的功课,我们都记得我们的选择
get out of there
快出来
Where are you gonna put the stone?
你们在哪里放墓碑?
It’s no stone here. There’s no room.
没有墓碑,没有地方放
[monologue] In a week, there would be no trace of her. but what did it matter?
一星期内就再也找不到她的痕迹了,但那又怎样
[monologue] This wasn’t the real world. we really only lived in each other’s hearts.
这不是一个真实的世界,我们都活在彼此的心中
[monologue] She lived in my heart. but I lived no where. I was all alone in the world.
她活在我的心中,我却没有地方去。我在这世界上很孤独
[monologue] you’re 16 years old with 8th grade education,
16岁接受8年级的教育
[monologue] and you run down that *** there were ended a worse place that you ever dreamed.
并且你会顺着下降的螺旋到,梦见过的最糟糕的地方
[monologue] you’ve burned every bridge, you’ve worned out every welcom and everyone who’s ever believed in you. you’ve let down.
断了每一条路,拒绝了每一次友好,你让每一个曾今信任你的人失望了
Eva
伊娃
I don’t wanna be an idot. I wanna go to school.
我不想变成傻子,我要去学校
I’m Liz Murray. I have an appointment.
我是丽思•马里,我约了时间的
at 9:30?
9点30
It’s 10:30
现在10点30了
I’m sorry, the subway got stucked. I’m sorry, too. but it’s really too late.
我很抱歉,地铁晚点了。我也很抱歉,但你太晚了
School started 3 weeks ago. It’s just about full.
3周前就开学了,招生快满了
Kids get here on time, honey.
我们只收守时的学生,亲爱的
I read the br***sure “intensive student participation for the development of a just conmunity. ”
我读过小册子“学生的参与有利于社区的公平发展”
I just need one chance.
我需要一个机会
You can wait and talk to David.
你可以等一下大卫
but he’s got a meeting right after
但是他待会儿还有个会议
[question] What is your dream? For your life? For your school.
你的梦想是什么?生活的梦想?学校的梦想?
[monologue] I knew when at that moment I had to make a choice. I could submit to everything that was happening in living life of excuses
我知道那个时候我必须作出选择。我可以为自己的生活寻找任何借口
[monologue] or I could push myself. I could push myself and make my life good.
或者我可以迫使我自己…迫使我自己让生活好转
Hey, we’ll get you by friday.
我星期五会给你们通知
OK thank you. oh pleasure guys
Elizabeth? Liz
Liz, I’m sorry. We’re making our last decisions now. I’m already late.
我很抱歉我们正在做最后的决定,我快迟到了
Can I just talk to you for just a minute? 30 sesonds?
我能和你谈一分钟吗?30秒?
It’s the application. It’s a whole big essay question, too. I’ve already done the essay. I really want this.
这有申请表还有一大堆问题。我已经完成了,我需要这个机会
I haven’t had a lot grownups improved to be trustworthy or for the long runs, so maybe I don’t know how to talk to you, but …
我没有成年人能证明我从很远过来,所以我不知该怎么跟你说
My parents both use drugs, a lot of them. I won’t go near them, but…
我的父母都吸毒,很严重,我不会亲近他们,但是……
but I guess I, kind of, lived that life style.
我大概就是生活在那种环境
I’m embarrassed now about how layback I’ve been.
我为自己的无知而感到尴尬
I mean, I’ve never even really been school except for the 8th grade. but
我的意思是,我没有真正上过学,除了去过8年级
your grades are very good in elementary school
你小学的成绩很好
I used to show up last week and take the test, that’s how I get promoted.
我都是最后一周去参加考试才得以升级的
I’m smart.
我很聪明,我知道我能成功的
I know I can succeed. I just… I just need the chance.
我只是…只是需要一个机会
I need the chance to climb out of this place I’ve been born in.
我需要一个机会让我从糟糕的环境中爬出来
everyone I know just angry, tired.
我所知道的每个人都是愤怒的、疲惫的
They’re trying to survive.
他们试着活下去
but I know that there’s a world out there that’s better.
但我知道…外面的世界才是更好的世界
That’s better developed. I wanna live in it.
更好的发展,我想要住在那里
why now?
为什么是现在?
My mother died of AIDS. she died a couple of months ago.
我的母亲死于艾滋,她几个月前死了
It was real slap on the face.
就像几个巴掌打在我脸上
I guess I always thought that she was gonna get better and take care of me.
我过去总是以为她会好转,然后照顾我
It’s pretty stupid huh?
很蠢是吗?
she’d never been taking care of me. I took care of her.
她从没有照顾我,是我照顾她
She was my baby. But now she’s gone.
她是我的孩子,但她现在不在了
so …
所以…
now it’s time to take care of yourself
现在是你照顾自己的时候了
Can you get here on time? Liz?
你能按时到校吗,丽思?
I’ll sleep here if I have to.
我可以睡在这里
Ok, you’re in.
好,你被录取了
but you told the others you won’t know until friday.
但是你告诉其他人星期五才有结果
You’re in.
你被录取了
Thank you . He just changes my life.
谢谢,你刚刚改变了我的人生
That’s worth Miss.
那是值得的
you just fulfill the paper work.
你得填一些表格
You got your transcrips and that’s just the easy stuff address, phone number.
我们有你的成绩单,只需要你的地址和电♥话♥
We have to have a meeting with parents or your gardian
我们需要和你的父母或者监护人见一面
get that in. we’re good to go.
都完成了你就可以上学了
dad.

Hey, Lizzy.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!