还有这,你是怎么做到的?你从来没上过学
I read a lot.
我读过很多书
Yeah? what do you read?
你读过哪些?
encyclopedia. The laddy upstairs, Eva, she find it in the Dumpster, the whole set … well, except for the Erdos
像大百科全书,是我的邻居伊娃在垃圾桶里捡到的一整套,除了“厄尔多斯”那部分
If you asked me about Erdos, I would have got it wrong. I was just lucky.
如果你问我“厄尔多斯”,我肯定答不上来,我只是运气好罢了
Oh, Lizzy! You have to come to school.
哦,丽思,你一定要来学校
OK

NO, I mean it. Look, it’s ridiculous you’re way too smart not to be here. I don’t understand why don’t you come?
不,我是认真的。你比你想象的要聪明。我只是不明白你为什么不上学
I will.
我会来的
[monologue] How could I tell her that school made me sad.
我怎能告诉她学校让我难过
[monologue] I didn’t know how to talk to her. I didn’t know how to talk to anyone.
我不知道怎样和她说,我不知道怎么和别人说
[monologue] My house wasn’t a place you could come out of and be normal.
我的家庭不是那种能出正常人的地方
We have to come every day. OK? If you don’t, and I will call CHILD WELFARE.That’s not a threat. It’s a promise.
你必须每天来。如果你不来,我会打电♥话♥给福利院。这不是吓唬你,是承诺
Eva, look what I’ve got.
伊娃,看我得到的
100 !
100分
Yes, encyclopedia
多亏了你的百科全书
Good, you gotta make good marks. You don’t wanna be an idot.
好极了,真是个好分数,你可不笨哦
and you keep up now, you hear me? now your mother’s back.
你要继续努力,听见了吗?你妈妈回来了
My mother’s back?
我妈妈回来了?
Well, we had a nice quiet couple of months, didn’t we?
嗯,我们过了两个宁静的月份。不是吗
[monologue] The only good thing about my mother being taking away to the nut house was that when she came back she was my mum again. She cooked and she cleaned more than she even to be a court sonographer.
我母亲从医院回来的唯一好处就是她又是我母亲了。她做饭、打扫卫生甚至尝试做个法庭速记员
[monologue] for me, that was a good quiet couple of months before the drugs came back in.
而对我来说,在毒品回来之前是宁静的几个月
Mummy?
妈咪?
Mummy?
妈咪?
Mummy?
妈咪?
Lizzy.
丽思
Are you ok?
你好吗?
I’m ok.
我挺好的
pumpkin, you look real good.
了不起啊,你变得漂亮了
glad you’re home, mummy.
很高兴你回家,妈咪
you’re glad you’re home?
在家开心吗?
This hospital won’t too bad.
医院也不是很糟
It’s too green, the walls. and there were bars on the windows.
那里树很多,有高墙,窗户上还有栏杆
I’m sorry. you had to say that, you know.
我很抱歉,就像你说的,你知道的
but I’m glad you’re home.
但我很高兴你能回家
Look!

Look! I…I got 100!
看,我得了100分
NO NO. 100 is good. 100 is perfect.
不,不,100分是好的意思,100分是完美的意思
Didn’t you ever get 100?
你没得过100分吗?
I ain’t go to school. I ran away too young. Don’t you ever run away from home.
我没上过学,我很小时就离家了。你千万不能离家出走啊
I won’t
我不会的
Liz, I’ll always be here for you.
丽思,我会一直在你身边
I know, mummy.
我知道,妈咪
I’ll always be here. ALWAYS.
我一直都在这,一直都在
I know, mummy.
我知道,妈咪
I’m sick. I’m sick.
我得病了 我得病了
Liz, I… I have AIDS.
丽思,我感染了艾滋
No No
不 不
NO NO NO
不 不 不
baby don’t
宝贝
They say… don’t be afraid.
他们说…别害怕
They say… I might… they say I could live forever, ok?
他们说…我可以…他们说我可以生存下去,知道吗?
but I can’t live here. I gotta go home.
但是我不能在这,我必须要回家了
This is home.
这就是家啊
No, home to my pop’s. I wanna take you and Lisa.
不,是爷爷的家. 我会带着你和丽萨
No No mom. you have to stay here.
不,妈妈,你必须呆在这里
I can’t stop the drugs. and I can’t do it when your daddy around.
我戒不了毒,只要你♥爸♥爸在身边
but you’ll be alone.
但他会孤独的
Liz, this is aready gonna over, just pack up your things and let’s go.
丽思,丽萨已经过去了,收拾好你的东西,走吧
No you said pop’s gonna beat you. you said he raped your sister.
不,你说爷爷经常打你,你说过他强♥奸♥了你的姐姐
since what it has to be now.
因为现在不得不这样了
No, stay here
不,留在这
I can’t
我不能
stay mummy!
留下来,妈咪
[monologue] Everything was falling apart. I thought if I could stay I could stop it.
一切都破灭了,我以为我留下来就能阻止这些
[monologue] but if I stayed, everything would somehow stay the same.
我留下来,所有的一切或许都能和从前一样
Just open the door. It’s no use. We know you’re in there.
开门!没用的,我知道你在里面
Where’s your mother and sister?
你的母亲和姐姐去哪了?
They are gone.
他们离开了
Where’s your father?
你父亲呢?
He’s gotta get some food, he’ll be right back.
他去弄吃的了,马上就会回来
Your teacher called.
你老师打电♥话♥来了
You’re still not going to school.
你还是没去学校
You’re never in school.
你从没去学校
We gotta do something about this.
我们要采取一些措施了
Miss Wonder warned you, I warned you, every one year case workers warned you
万德小姐警告过你,我警告过你。所有关心你的义工警告过你
This’s been going out for years
这都很长时间了
We all said clean up this place and go to school.
总说“收拾好这个地方然后去学校”
clean up and go to school
You have done neither one of them, have you?
你都做不到,是不是?
Elizabeth, have you?
伊丽莎白,是吗?
No
不是
So what we gonna do?
那我们该怎么做?
I don’t know.
我不知道
I do.
我知道.
You’re going into the system.
我们要系统办事
I’m taking her.
我要带走她
but but things are better now. My daddy buys me big potatos everyday
但…但事情已经好转了,我爸爸每天都给我买♥♥土豆
You’re not paying the rent. You’re not getting her to school.
你没有交租金,也没让她上学
I tell her to go. I told you to go to school. She’s gotta mind of her own. She’s a feminist.
我告诉过她上学,她有自己的思想,她是个女权主义者
This is not a joking matter.
这不是开玩笑
Pack her suitcase.
准备好行李
Now!
现在!
No No No [father] I’m sorry.
不 不 不
I’ll go to school. Please!
我会去学校,求你了
This isn’t working. We need an adult who’s responsible.
这没用,我们需要一个成年人监护你
My grandpa’s responsible. My grandpa’ll take me. My sister’s there.
我的爷爷可以监护我,爷爷会收留我,我的姐姐在那
Your sister goes to school.
你的姐姐在上学
I’ll go to school, I’ll go to school. Please!
我会去上学,我会去上学,求你了
Don’t make a fass.
别闹了
I’ll talk to him. and if he’ll take you. You’ll be out in 24 hours.
我会和他谈的,如果他愿意收留你,24小时内就放你出来
I’m sorry.
抱歉
and if he won’t?
那如果他不呢?
You’ll have time to figure out how you wanna live your life.
那你就有时间好好规划一下以后的人生了
[monologue] Figure out my life. Do people really do that?
规划我的人生 人们真的会那样做吗?
[monologue] Do they do that while they are falling down into a deep dark hole.
当掉进一个深渊,他们真的会去规划吗?
[monologue] buzzed in, locked in. It was like visiting my mother. only I was in the crazy house now.
门铃♥声♥,反锁声,就像去探望我的妈咪。只是现在是我在疯人院
[monologue] and I didn’t get out in 24 hours, I didn’t get out in 24 days. No one wanted me. They just left me there.
24小时内我没有出去,24天内也没有出去。没人愿意收留我,我被遗弃了
Why don’t you go to school?
为什么不去学校?
That’s the big problem we’ve got here.
这是个很严重的问题
Why don’t you go?
为什么你不去?
From what I can see, you’ve got a discipline problem.
在我看来,你有纪律上的问题
Liz?
丽思?
Hi, pops
嗨 爷爷
You get your mother.
你应该去找你妈妈
Jean, come out here. She’s here.
基恩,出来。她在这
I’m leaving for school, but I wanna see you first.
我得去学校了,但我想先见你
Thanks, Lisa.
谢谢,丽萨
Don’t screw this up. We’re doing ok.
别搞砸了,我们很好
and don’t expect too much. She’s dying.
也不要期望太多,她快不行了
Lizzy!
丽思
mom

[monologue] When I think of my life. This is the time I like to think of.
当我回想我的生活时,这段日子是我记忆最深刻的
[monologue] When I got back. When mother’s mind was clear. There was no cocaine. so her schizophrenic seemed about to working.
我回来了,我的母亲精神愉悦,没有毒品,精神分♥裂♥也没有发作
[monologue] and we go to the cafe, and sit, and talk, and eat hamburgers.
我们去了咖啡厅,坐下来闲聊,还有吃汉堡
[monologue] We were together. Even with her bad eyes, I think she could see me. Well, she could see my outline.
我们呆在一起,虽然她的视力不好,但我认为她能看清我,至少能看见我的轮廓
[monologue] and for a while, I had my mother again.
那段时间,我的母亲回来了
and we went to park. Yeah, I remember. We used to side down that hill, remember? you put down that old card borad we pretend it was slide.
我们去过公园,我记得的。我们还拿旧纸板当垫子从山上滑下来
You remember that?
你有印象啊?
How about the tickle monster.
记得那个怪兽吗?
Well, we screemed and laughed about that one.
是啊,我们当时尖叫了半天

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!