Bruce’s money?
当然,钱会还你的 现在说吧,什么消息?
Sure, you’ll get it. Now, what’s the story?
我会给钱的 我以我妈的坟发誓
I’ll send the money. I swear it on my mother’s grave.
好,这里是…等等,你妈还活得好好的!
All right. Here’s the… Wait a minute, your mother’s alive!
那我以我祖母的坟墓发誓 什么新闻?
My grandmother’s grave. What’s the story?
你把钱送过来
You get that money down here.
好,这是你的报导 这是你做梦都在想的逃狱
All right, here’s your story. The jailbreak of your dreams.
这个从纽约来的专家,艾格贺夫医生
This expert, Dr. Egelhoffer, the thinker from New York…
在警长办公室替威廉斯做精神病测试
…was giving Williams a sanity test in the sheriff’s office.
身上插了很多针 所以能测出他的响应
Sticking a lot of pins in him so he could get his reflexes.
他决定要再造犯罪现场,就像案发时一样…
He decided to reenact the crime as it had taken place…
以便知道威廉斯的协调反应
…in order to study Williams’ coordination.
重要的是 他要有枪才能再造犯罪现场
I’m coming to it. He had to have a gun to reenact the crime with.
你猜猜枪是谁提供的?
彼得·皮·哈特威尔,顽皮的皮
Who do you suppose supplied it? Peter B. Hartwell. “B” for brains.
别开玩笑啦!
No kidding!
我可没有开玩笑 我不太善于编造故事
I’m not kidding. I’m not good enough to make this up.
警长把他的枪给了教授
The sheriff gave his gun to the professor…
他给了厄尔,厄尔又在广♥告♥分类栏里杀了教授
…who gave it to Earl, who shot the professor in the classified ads.
不是啦,是广♥告♥
No, ads.
不是很完美吗?
Ain’t it perfect?
如果他铺开红色的地毯 又借给威廉斯一把雨伞
If he’d unrolled a red carpe and loaned Williams an umbrella…
是再完美也不过了
…it couldn’t have been more ideal.
谁?噢,不,艾格贺佛伤势不严重
Who? Oh, no. Egelhoffer wasn’t badly hurt.
他们带他去了医院 他们怕他恢复意识
They took him to the hospital, where they’re afraid he’ll recover.
做得好,海蒂
That’s great work, Hildy.
别担心钱啦 你十五分钟内就会拿到
Stop worrying about that money. You’ll get it in 15 minutes.
最好快点 布鲁斯在出租车里等我 我们得赶时间
I had better. Bruce is waiting in a taxi for me and we’re in a hurry.
等一等
Hold on a minute.
凡吉,过来
Vangie, come here.
犯罪法庭前有个人在计程车里
There’s a guy in a taxi in front of criminal courts.
名叫布鲁斯鲍德温
Name’s Bruce Baldwin.
他长什么样子? -他看起来像拉尔夫·贝拉米
What does he look like? – He looks like Ralph Bellamy.
是他呀? -你能对付吗?
Oh, him? – Can you handle it?
我从没让你失望过,不是吗?
I’ve never flopped on you yet, have I?
快去,你只有两分钟,快去吧
Come on, get going. You only got about two minutes. Hurry.
抱歉让你久等了 应该多少钱?
Sorry to keep you waiting. How much was it again?
四百五十块 嗯,等一等
$450. Well, just a second.
路易,过来 我需要价值四百五十元的假♥钞♥
Louie, come here. I need $450 worth of counterfeit money.
不能带这么多 老板 -不,只是四百五十元假♥钞♥
Can’t carry that much, boss. – No, just the $450 counterfeit.
我身上有
I got that on me.
真巧啊 拿去给海蒂
Quite a coincidence. Take it over to Hildy.
来了 我叫路易送来
It’s coming. I’m sending it with Louie.
谢谢你的报导,祝你蜜月愉快
Thanks for your story. And good luck on your honeymoon.
不,不,别说谢谢了 钱送来就好了
No, no, never mind the thanks. Just see that money gets here.
海蒂,你怎么还在?-不,我在尼加拉瀑布
Hildy, you still here? – No, I’m in Niagara Falls.
我是麦克尤
McCue speaking.
艾米尔,我有搜捕逃犯的好消息
Emil, I got a good feature on the manhunt.
准备好了吗?菲碧·迪瓦佛女士,
黑人,生了个黑人小孩
Ready? Mrs. Phoebe DeWolfe, colored gave birth to a pickaninny…
在哈特威尔的步兵小队的巡逻车里 像护士一样
…in a patrol wagon with Hartwell’s rifle squad acting as nurses.
菲碧走在街上,当…
Phoebe was walking along the street when…
没错
That’s right.
他们把她骗进了巡逻车
So they coaxed her into the patrol wagon.
当小孩出生的时候 他们仔细检查…
When the pickanninny was born, they checked…
那是不是厄尔威廉斯 他们知道他肯定躲在什么地方
…to see if it was Earl Williams. They knew he was hiding somewhere.
结果是 这小孩叫彼得·哈特威尔·迪佛
Here’s the payoff. They named the kid Peter Hartwell DeWolfe.
记者室
Press room.
布鲁斯?我以为你在楼下…
Bruce? I thought you were downstairs in a…
什么?
What?
你又被逮捕了,这次又是什么?
Arrested again. What for this time?
他们叫“耍流氓”
Well, they called it “mashing”.
不,我没有,海蒂!
No, I didn’t, Hildy!
你要我待在出租车里
I was sitting in the taxi where you left me…
…这位小姐好像发晕了,而我只是…
…and the young lady seemed to have a dizzy spell and I just…
她有点…
She’s kind of…
是,她是金发女郎
Yes, she’s a blonde.
是的,头发颜色很金黄
Yes, very blonde.
算了吧,我知道这是怎么回事 等一等
Never mind. I know how it happened. Just a minute.
帮我接华特柏斯 我是海蒂强森
Get me Walter Burns. Hildy Johnson.
布鲁斯,你在哪里?第二十七区?等等
Bruce, where are you? Twenty-seventh Precinct? Hold on a minute.
华特,你…
Walter, you…
他刚刚还在那里
He was there a minute ago.
但是我要…
But I want…
“我很抱歉,我找不到他” 他这个出♥卖♥♥♥…
“I’m sorry, I can’t locate him”. Why, that double-crossing…
嗨,不是你,布鲁斯,我不能马上过去
Hello, not you. Bruce, I can’t get there right away.
二十分钟行不行?
How about 20 minutes?
我一定要在这里等…
I have to wait here for the…
见面时我再告诉你
I’ll tell you when I see you.
如果我真的碰到华特…
If I ever get my hands on Walter…
我能帮上什么忙吗?- 你有多少钱?
Anything I can do to help? – How much money you got?
一块八 -六毛四
$1.80. – 6♥4♥ cents.
拿去好了 -谢谢,你最好买♥♥养老金
Welcome to it. – Thanks, you better buy an annuity.
那是什么艾米尔?不,我不能给你正式的声明
What’s that, Emil? No, I can’t give you an official statement.
不,等等,这位是市长 要发表声明吗,市长?
No, wait a minute. Here’s the mayor. How about a statement, Mayor?
拜托,现在别来烦我了 -市长阁下什么都不会说的
Don’t pester me now, please. – His Honor won’t say anything.
你见过哈特威尔吗? -这很难说
Have you seen Hartwell? – Hard to tell.
周围有这么多的蟑螂
There’s so many cockroaches around…
等一等 发表声明如何?
Wait a minute. How about a statement?
过二十分钟就要发布新闻 -我没有什么好说的,现在不行
We go to press in 20 minutes. – I’ve nothing to say. Not now.
等等,你有多了解这次逃脱?
Just a moment. What do you know about the escape?
他从哪里拿到枪 -别这么快
Where’d he get the gun? Not so fast.
关于选举… -这会有何影响?
About the election… – What effect will this have?
绝对不会
None whatsoever.
像这样无可避免的不幸怎么会
How can an unavoidable misfortune like this…
影响本市的普通市民?
…have any influence on the upright citizens of our fair city?
拜托,市长,有红色威胁吗?还是没有?
Mr. Mayor, please, is there a Red Menace or ain’t there?
威廉斯怎么逃走的?
How did Williams get out?
你有没有找到负责的人?
Have you picked out somebody to be responsible?
你在史达林的薪水册上的报导是真的吗?
Any truth in the report you’re on Stalin’s payroll?
有议员说你穿着红色的内衣裤睡觉
The senator claims you sleep in red underwear.
不要理睬这些玩笑 别忘了我是市长…
Never mind the jokes. Don’t forget I’m the mayor and…
哈特威尔,我要见你!
Hartwell, I want to see you!
他怎么逃脱的?
How’d he get away?
他从哪里来的枪?
Where’d he get the gun?
对于明天的红色暴♥动♥有任何声明吗?
Any statement on the Red Uprising tomorrow?
红色暴♥动♥? -不会有红色暴♥动♥
Red Uprising? – There will be no Red Uprising.
州长说情况紧急,要召集民兵
The governor says the situation calls for the militia.
任何州长说的一切都是谎言
I say anything the governor says is a tissue of lies.
这里有州长最新的声明
Here’s a red-hot statement from the governor.
他说市长和警长表现得
He claims the mayor and sheriff have shown themselves…
像是一对八岁玩火的小孩
…to be a couple of eight-year-olds playing with fire.
你可以引用他下面的话:
You can quote him as follows:
很幸运下星期二就是选举日
“It’s lucky for the city that next Tuesday is Election Day…
这样市民能省下一笔弹劾
…as the citizens will thus be saved the expense of impeaching…
市长和警长的费用,就这样,再回你电♥话♥
…the mayor and the sheriff”. That’s all. Call you back.
很高兴见到你,市长
Nice to have seen you, Mayor.
对不起,我有很多事要做 -等等,是谁设计的这个逃亡?
Excuse me, I’ve got so much to do. – Wait. Who engineered this getaway?
是红军吗? -是你吗?
Was it the Reds? – Was it you?
我?等等 我告诉你,我找到他了
Me? Just a minute. I’ll tell you. I’ve got him located.
威廉斯? -在哪?
Williams? – Where?
在中♥央♥街上 我刚接到密报
Out on Center Street. I just got a tip.
你为什么不早说?-步兵小队正要出去
Why didn’t you say so? – The rifle squad is going out.
如果你动作快点还能遇上他
You’ll catch him if you hurry.
听着,拜托… -彼得,我要跟你谈谈
Look, please.. – Pete, I want to talk to you.
我有很多事要做
I’ve got so much to do.
看这里,佛莱德… -彼得,你完了
See here, Fred… – Pete, you’re through.
完了?你是说我完了?
Through? You mean I’m through?
我会把你的名字删除
I’m scratching your name off the ticket…
用雪曼代替你
…and running Sherman in your place.
“用绳子改造红军”!
威廉斯不是红军,你明白的!
“Reform the Red with a rope”! Williams isn’t a Red and you know it!