You’re breaking up the game. What do you want?
我是来…
I came to…
我来要告诉你我对你们的想法 你们全部
I came to tell you what I think of you. All of you.
别激动
Keep your shirt on.
如果你值得我弄断指甲 我会撕开你的脸
If you was worth breaking my nails on, I’d tear your face open.
你有什么好生气的?
不会是我们那篇夸大的报导吧?
What are you sore about? Wasn’t that a swell story we gave you?
你们这群窝囊废整我够久了
You crumbs have been making a fool out of me long enough.
我从没说过我爱厄尔,还愿意在绞架上跟他结婚
I never said I loved Earl, and was willing to marry him on the gallows.
是你杜撰的
You made that up.
关于我是他的生命伙伴 与他共筑爱的小窝
And about my being his soul mate and having a love nest with him.
从他们判他死刑后,你就在那布谷鸟的旁边
You’ve been around that cuckoo since they threw him in the death house.
这不是真的 -大家都知道你是他的女朋友
Everybody knows you’re his girlfriend. – That’s a lie.
我只见过威廉斯先生一次面
I met Mr. Williams just once in my life.
当他在雨中徘徊,没戴帽子,没穿夹克
When he was wandering in the rain without his hat and coat on…
像只生病的狗,那是开枪的前一天
…like a sick dog, the day before the shooting.
给我一张
Give me one.
我向他走去,其他人都会这么做的
I went up to him like any human being would…
问他怎么了
…and asked him what was the matter.
他告诉我他工作了十四年后被开除的事
He told me about being fired after being on the job for 14 years.
谁要下注? -赌二十分
Who bets? – Bet 20 cents.
我带他到我的房♥间,因为那里很暖和
I brought him up to my room because it was warm.
放在留声机上
Put it on a phonograph.
请你们听我说
Listen to me, please.
他就坐在那里,我们谈了一整夜
I tell you he just sat there talking to me all night.
他碰都没碰我
He never once laid a hand on me.
他一大早就离开了
And in the morning he went away…
直到审判前一天我都没再见过他
…and I never saw him again till that day of the trial.
当然,我是他的证人 -好一个证人
Sure, I was his witness. – And what a witness.
所以你们才这样整我
That’s why you’re persecuting me.
因为厄尔对我很尊重,不像只动物
Because Earl treated me decent, and not like an animal.
我们很忙 -去看看你的男朋友
We’re busy. – Go see your boyfriend.
他有个不错的房♥间 -不会很久了
He’s got a nice room. – Not for long.
他早上七点会离开
He left a call for 7 a.m.
奇怪,闪电怎么没把你们都打死
It’s a wonder lightning don’t come down and strike you all dead.
那是什么?
What’s that?
他们在医治你男朋友脖子上的疼痛
They’re fixing up a pain in the neck for your boyfriend.
你们真可耻
Shame on you.
真可耻!
Shame on you!
小可怜虫根本没想过要伤害别人
A poor little fellow that never meant nobody no harm.
他跟死亡天使坐在一起,你们还开他的玩笑
Sitting with the angel of death, and you cracking jokes.
你出去吧
You’re going to get out of here.
别碰我! – 我们出去吧
Take your hands off me! – Let’s get out of here.
他们不是人
They ain’t human.
我知道,他们是记者 -他们都在说谎
I know. They’re newspapermen. – All they’ve been doing is lying.
他们写的也都是骗人的
All they’re doing is writing lies.
他们为何不听我说?
Why won’t they listen to me?
他们为何不听我说?
Why won’t they listen to me?
谁?
Who?
海蒂强森?
Hildy Johnson?
等等,她马上回来
Hang on. She’ll be back in a minute.
你们还要玩扑克牌吗?
You guys want to play any more cards?
有什么用?我又赢不了
What’s the use? I can’t win anyway.
各位报业的同仁
Gentlemen of the press.
海蒂
Hildy.
你的电♥话♥
Phone for you.
什么?
What?
你在哪里?
Where are you?
你在哪里?
You’re where?
怎么发生的?
Well, how did that happen?
没关系,没关系 我马上下去
Never mind, never mind. I’ll be right down.
抱歉,彼得,抱歉
I’m sorry, Pete. Sorry.
嗨,警长,你好吗?
Hi, Sheriff. How you doing?
我的外胫骨跟背 这里发生了什么事?
My shin and my back. What’s going on around here?
布鲁斯有麻烦了 -母狮子来保护小狮子
Bruce was in trouble. – Lioness rushes to defend cub.
男人忘记带手帕,妈妈要帮他擦鼻涕
Man forgets hankie. Mama goes to wipe nose.
我还是赌这个婚姻只能维持六个月
I still give that marriagesix months.
我不知道你们在说什么
I don’t know what you fellows are talking about.
你要什么,彼得?
What do you want, Pete?
各位,我有观看处死的票
Oh, I got the tickets for the hanging here, boys.
彼得? -什么?
Pete? – What?
你为什么不在五点吊死这家伙而要七点?
Why can’t you hang this guy at five o’clock instead of seven?
不会有事的,而且可以赶得上城市早间版
It won’t hurt you, and we can make the City Edition.
罗伊,这样有点不公平
That’s kind of raw, Roy…
…在他睡的时候吊死他好取悦报社媒体
…hanging a man in his sleep to please a newspaper.
你们可以判两次缓刑所 以让他在选举前三天被处死
But you can reprieve him twice so he hangs three days before election.
你可以继续维持社会安宁
And you can run on a law-and-order ticket.
我跟这些缓刑毫无关系
I had absolutely nothing to do with those reprieves.
我们怎么知道今晚不会再来一次?
How do we know there won’t be another tonight?
要是艾格贺佛发现威廉斯有病了呢?
What if Egelhoffer finds Williams insane?
他不会发现的,因为他没病,他跟我一样正常
He won’t find him insane, because he isn’t. He’s just as sane as I am.
非常健全!
Saner!
各位,正经一点,毕竟这是个死刑
Be serious, boys. After all, this is a hanging.
而且会按时行刑
And it’s going to go according to schedule.
早上七点,一分都不会提早
Seven o’clock in the morning and not a minute earlier.
要知道有种东西叫做人性
There’s such a thing as being humane, you know.
好啦,桃红 等到你需要帮忙的时候
All right, Pinky. Wait until you want a favor.
拜托别叫我桃红 -为什么不?
And please don’t call me Pinky. – Why not?
因为我有名字,叫彼得皮哈特威尔
Because I got a name, see, and it’s Peter B. Hartwell.
中间的“皮”代表什么? -痞子
What’s the “B” for? – Bull.
但我是无辜的,不是我♥干♥的 我这辈子没偷过手表!
But I’m innocent. I didn’t do it. I never stole a watch in my life!
我知道不是你,布鲁斯 麦克,让他出来
I know you didn’t, Bruce. Mike, let him out.
不行 他被控告偷窃手表,他们从他身上发现的
I can’t. He’s accused of stealing a watch they found on him.
但我没偷… -拜托,布鲁斯
But I never stole… – Please, Bruce.
谁告他? 戴蒙路易,一个骗子
Who accused him? Diamond Louie, a crook.
我知道这样不好 -你要不要让他出来?
I know. It’s no good. – You going to let him out or not?
我从不偷窃… -拜托
I never stole… – Please.
好啦,好啦,你没有 早上看看邮报
All right, you’re not. Read the Post in the morning.
我不敢想像是谁对我做这种事
I can’t imagine who’d do a thing like that to me.
我想不到有什么仇人 -我确定你没有…
I can’t think of any enemies. – I’m sure you haven’t any…
你拿到支票了吗? -有,在这里
Have you got the check? – Oh, yes, I have it right here.
你们这些报业人的这种迷信真奇怪
That’s a funny superstition you newspaper people have.
的确是,不是吗?
Yes, isn’t it?
关于被逮捕的事,我想
About being arrested, I thought…
也许华特柏斯跟这有关
…maybe Walter Burns might have something to do with it.
当然,我知道他不可能
But then, of course, I realized he couldn’t have.
为什么? -他是个好人
Why? – He’s a very nice fellow.
噢,是的,我会查出真♥相♥
Oh, yes, I found that out.
怎么了? -我的皮夹不见了
What’s the matter? – I’ve lost my wallet.
是吗?布鲁斯,没关系 我有钱
Yes? Well, Bruce, never mind. I have the money.
最好把那张支票也给我
Better give me the check too.
还有我们在百慕大的照片
And that picture of us in Bermuda.
别找了,布鲁斯 你会发现很多东西不见了
Don’t bother, Bruce. You’ll find lots of things missing.
在这里等着 我不能再冒险了
Wait here. I’m not taking any more chances.
我三分钟以后马上下来 我们搭下一班火车
I’ll be down in three minutes. We’ll take the next train.
抱歉
Sorry.
在这小小受害的心灵里面
“And so into this little tortured mind…
枪是实用的想法就出现了
…came the idea that that gun had been produced for use.
他就这么开了枪
And use it he did.
但本州也有应付实用的计划 有绞刑台
But the state has a production for use plan too. It has a gallows.
早上七点,除非奇迹发生,绞刑台会被用来…
And at 7 a.m., unless a miracle occurs, that gallows will be used…
把厄尔威廉斯的身体和灵魂分离
…to separate the soul of Earl Williams from his body.
离开茉莉莫利的生命
And out of Mollie Malloy’s life…
是她看过最善良的灵魂
…will go the one kindly soul she ever knew”.
这是她所能了解的
That’s as far as she got.
那个女孩能写采访报导吗?
But can that girl write an interview?
别人劝她才肯做
She’ll do till somebody else comes along.
这样不道德,看别人的东西
It’s not ethical, reading other people’s stuff.
你什么时候也有道德了?
Where you get that ethics stuff?
你是唯一偷拿别人东西的人
You’re the only one who’ll swipe any of it.
我敢说能这么写的人决不会委身…
I say anybody that can write like that won’t give it up to sew socks…