Oh, yes, yes, of course.
帮我接海蒂强森,犯罪法庭大楼的新闻室
Get me Hildy Johnson, press room, criminal courts building.
坐下,布鲁斯,接线员会替你转接给她
Sit down, Bruce.The operator will get her for you.
失陪一下,好吗?
Excuse me, will you?
是的,我等着,谢谢你
Yes, I’ll wait, thank you.
开始抱怨,希尔达嘉德
Start hollering. Hildegarde.
谢谢你
Thank you.
我是海蒂强森
Hildy Johnson speaking.
别紧张,好吗?
Take it easy, will you?
你拿到支票了吗?是认证的吗?
Did you get the check? Is it certified?
是认证的 就在我口袋里
Certified and everything. I have it right in my pocket.
在你口袋,那就好
In your pocket. That’s fine.
等等,也许不好 你在哪?
Wait. Maybe it isn’t so fine. Where are you?
柏斯先生的办公室
Mr. Burns’ office.
他在吗?
Is he there?
听着,布鲁斯 不要把支票放在口袋里
Look, Bruce. I don’t want you to carry that check in your pocket.
因为…
Well, because…
是,是,我知道 但是…
Yes, yes, I know all that. But…
旧报业有个迷信的说法
There’s an old newspaper superstition…
你拿到的第一张大支票你应放在帽子的内衬里
…that the first big check you get, you put in the lining of your hat.
在你帽子里,会带来好运
In your hat. It brings good luck.
我当记者二十年从没听说过这个
I’ve been a reporter for 20 years. I never heard that.
我也没听过,我知道听起来很笨 就当是为了我这么做
Neither did I. I know it sounds silly, dear, but do it for me.
对,对,现在
Yes, yes, right now.
好,等等
All right. Just a minute.
好了,我做好了
There, I’ve done it.
还有别的吩咐吗?
Anything else?
好,太好了
Oh, yes.

All right.
好的,我会告诉他,再见
Yes, I’ll tell him. Goodbye.
一切都很好?
Everything all right?
海蒂说她会马上工作
Hildy said she’ll get right to work.
很好 -我要走了
Fine. – I must be going now.
你别忘记 也许会下雨
You don’t want to forget this. It might rain, you know.
谢谢
Thanks.
你介意我不送你出去?我这里很忙
You mind if I don’t show you out? I’m so busy in here.
谢谢这一切
Thanks for everything.
你说什么? -谢谢你做的这一切
What did you say? – Thanks for everything.
别胡说,别谢我,我应该谢你
Nonsense. Don’t thank me. I should thank you.
再见 -再见
So long. – So long.
嗨,寇利
Hello, Cooley.
你在这干嘛?
What are you doing here?
我要见厄尔威廉斯
I want an interview with Earl Williams.
不能见了 -为什么?
No more interviews. – Why not?
警长的命令,而且医生也来了,没办法
Sheriff’s orders. Besides, a doctor’s coming over. Can’t do it.
这是你的钱?
Say, is this your money?
我想不是 -二十元?
I don’t think it is. – Twenty bucks?
我想是 -我也这么想
I guess it is. – That’s what I thought.
快,我赶时间
Come on, I’m in a hurry.
开门
Open up here.
海蒂,别… -我不会待太久
Now, Hildy, don’t be… – I won’t be long.
嗨,厄尔 -嗨
Hello, Earl. – Hello.
我叫强森,能不能跟你谈谈?
My name’s Johnson. Mind if I talk to you for a few minutes?
好,我没别的事好做
No, I haven’t anything else to do.
我想也是
I guess that’s right.
我不能辩称有神经病 我跟大家一样正常
So I couldn’t plead insanity. I’m just as sane as anybody else.
你不是故意要杀那个警♥察♥?
You didn’t mean to kill that policeman?
当然不是,我绝对不会做这种事
Of course not. It’s against everything I stand for.
他们知道是件意外,我没有罪
They know it was an accident. I’m not guilty.
世界就是这样
It’s just the world.
我懂你的意思
I see what you mean.
抱歉我的口红,厄尔 现在,你瞧,你失业后…
Sorry about the lipstick, Earl. Now, look, after you lost your job…
…你做什么?
…what did you do?
我试着另外找工作
I tried to find another job.
我是说,你怎么打发时间?
I mean, how did you spend your time?
我会坐在公园,任何一个地方 我不抽烟
I used to sit around in the park, anyplace. I don’t smoke.
当你在公园里面 你有听到演讲了?
When you were in the park, did you hear any speeches?
你是指那些话很多的家伙?
You mean those fellows that talk too much?
我没怎么注意…
I didn’t pay any attention…
你听见他们说什么?
Did you hear anything they said?
有啊
Yes.
什么是你记忆最深的?
Is there anything in particular you remember?
有个家伙 -他说了些什么?
There was one fellow. – What did he talk about?
他说生产实用的产品
He talked about production for use.
实用?
Production for use?
是,他说每件东西都要很实用
Yes, he said everything should be made use of.
很有道理,对不对?
Makes sense, doesn’t it?
对,我喜欢他 他说得很好
Yes, I liked him. He was a good speaker.
当你发现你手上有枪
When you found yourself with that gun in your hand…
然后警♥察♥向你走过来时 你在想什么?
…and that policeman coming at you, what did you think about?
我不是很清楚
I don’t know exactly.
有没有可能是“实用”?
Could it have been “production for use”?
我不知道,我… -厄尔,枪是干什么用的?
I don’t know. I… – What’s a gun for, Earl?
枪?
A gun?
为什么问,当然是射击了
Why, to shoot, of course.
也许这是为什么你用它
And maybe that’s why you used it.
也许 -听起来很合理
Maybe. – It seems reasonable.
对,对,没错
Yes, yes, it is.
我从来没拿过枪
I’ve never had a gun in my hand before.
这就是枪的用途,对不对?
And that’s what a gun’s for, isn’t it?
也许这是为什么… -当然没错
Maybe that’s why… – Sure, it is.
这是我想的“实用” 很简单,对不对?
That’s what I thought of. “Production for use”. It’s simple, isn’t it?
很简单 -一点也不疯狂
Very simple. – There’s nothing crazy about that.
一点也不
Nothing at all.
你会在你报纸里这么写吗?
Write about that in your paper, would you?
我会的 谁送你的玫瑰花?
You bet I will. Who sent you the roses?
茉莉莫利小姐 她很好…
Miss Mollie Malloy. She’s wonderful…
这是她的照片吗?
Is that her picture?
是,她很美,不是吗? -时间到了,海蒂
Yes. She’s beautiful, isn’t she? – Time’s up, Hildy.

All right.
我想就这样了
Guess that’s all.
我喜欢跟你交谈 再见,强森小姐
I liked talking to you. Goodbye, Miss Johnson.
再见,厄尔
Goodbye, Earl.
祝你好运
Good luck.
三位女房♥东,各位 -很好,不是吗?
Three landladies, boys. – Got well, didn’t you?
我不知道没有海蒂 邮报怎么办?
I wonder what the Post will do without Hildy?
你想华特柏斯会放她走?
You suppose Walter Burns will ever let her go?
记得费登要去好莱坞吗?
Remember when Fenton wanted to go to Hollywood?
让他因纵火被关起来 -伪造文书
Had him thrown in jail for arson. – Forgery.
那是什么? -太好了,给我一些零钱
Was that it? – Yeah, give me some change.
嗨,麦克
Hey, Mac.
好,史戴威·山姆
Hey, Stairway Sam.
你把灯开开好吗?
Would you mind turning on some lights?
很黑,什么都看不到
It’s so dark, you can’t see anything.
要跟海蒂结婚的人是谁?
Who’s this guy Hildy’s marrying?
我不知道,叫布鲁斯什么的
I don’t know. Bruce something.
我赌这婚姻只会维持六个月 -为什么?
I give the marriage six months. – Why?
她离不开报业
She won’t be able to be away from the paper any longer.
铃响的时候你看见她了吗?
Did you see her when that bell went off?
能从一个地方辞职一定非常棒
It must be pretty nice to be able to walk out of a place and quit.
去年我有个公♥关♥工作的机会,我应该接受的
I had a publicity job offered to me last year. I should have taken it.
这才是我喜欢的 第二份工
That’s what I’d like, a job on the side.
一张桌子和一位速记员 我不介意是个金发辣妹
A desk and a stenographer. I wouldn’t mind a nice, big blonde.
大大的棕色眼睛
With big brown eyes.
我跟你打赌十倍 不会超过六个月
I’ll bet you ten to one it don’t last six months.
她就像我们一样 不然我们不可能等着被邀请跳舞
She’s just like us, or we wouldn’t be waiting for that guy to dance.
茉莉莫利小姐 -嗨,茉莉,你好吗?
Miss Mollie Malloy. – Hello, Mollie. How’s tricks?
我到处找你 -过来拜访威廉斯?
I’ve been looking for you tramps. – Come to pay a call on Williams?
你送厄尔的玫瑰很漂亮 你明天想怎么处理它们?
Nice roses you sent Earl. What do you want done with them tomorrow?
有很多聪明人,你不是吗?
A lot of wise guys, ain’t you?
你破坏了游戏规则 你要干什么?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!