Perhaps we’d better tell him. Mother’s coming too.
你妈翘辫子了…
Your mother kicked the bucket…
不,我妈
No, my mother.
你妈? 那么,这样我就放心
Your mother? Well, that relieves my mind.
让你这样受苦很残忍♥
It was cruel to let you suffer so.
华特是不是很可爱?一直想要保护我
Isn’t Walter sweet? Always wanting to protect me.
我承认我不是个好丈夫 但你可以永远信任我
I admit I wasn’t much of a husband, but you can always count on me.
我想她不会太需要你 我的目的是要保护我自己
I don’t think she’ll need you much. I aim to do the protecting myself.
柏斯先生,电♥话♥
Mr. Burns, telephone.
找我的?
For me?
真是奇怪
That’s strange.
失陪一下
Pardon me.
他人不坏呀
He’s not such a bad fellow.
不,他能让女孩子真的快乐
No, he should make some girl real happy.
得意忘形
Slaphappy.
我看得出来他对你不适合
He’s not the man for you. I can see that.
但我有点喜欢他 他很有魅力
But I sort of like him. He’s got charm.
他生来如此 他祖父是一条蛇
He comes by it naturally. His grandfather was a snake.
嗨?达菲,听着
Hello? Duffy, listen.
有没有办法阻止四点往奥尔班尼的火车开动?
Any way we can stop the 4:00 train to Albany from leaving?
我们可能要炸掉它 -能吗?
We might dynamite it. – Could we?
也许不可能
Maybe we couldn’t.
好吧,这么办
All right, get this.
马上派史威尼外出休假两星期
Send Sweeney out of town on two weeks’ vacation right away.
坐稳了 海蒂要回来了
Keep your shirt on. Hildy’s coming back.
她还不知道呢,但她会留下来
She doesn’t know it yet, but she’s staying.
叫路易到办公室等着,我也许需要他,再见
Tell Louie to stick around the office. I may need him. Goodbye.
谢谢你,盖斯
Thanks, Gus.
生意真不好 -怎么了?
This is bad business. – What’s the matter?
厄尔威廉斯的案子
The Earl Williams case.
我听说了
I’ve been reading about that.
真的很糟
It’s pretty bad.
有什么内♥幕♥? -很简单,亲爱的
What is the lowdown on it? – Simple, honey.
可怜的小家伙丢了工作,发了狂就对警♥察♥开枪…
Poor little dope lost his job, went berserk and shot a cop…
那位警♥察♥正要安慰他 他们明天就要处死他了
…who was coming to quiet him down. They’ll hang him tomorrow.
真糟糕
What a shame.
你的报纸都站在他一边
Your paper has been taking his side.
如果他真的疯了,法官为何不送他到精神病院?
If he was out of his mind, why doesn’t the state just put him away?
因为是个黑人警♥察♥ 你懂这是什么意思
Because it was a colored policeman. You know what that means.
黑人的选票很重要
The colored vote’s important.
尤其是选举在三四天内就要开始了
Especially with an election in three or four days.
市长会吊死他的祖母以便获得再次连任
That mayor would hang his grandmother to be reelected.
你能证明那个人是无辜的
You could show the man wasn’t responsible.
这不大容易
That’s not so easy.
大概也很不难
Maybe it isn’t so hard either.
你是什么意思,海蒂?
What do you mean, Hildy?
他被处死前,不是应该验名正身吗?
Doesn’t an expert have to examine him before they hang him?
一个叫艾格贺佛的人负责 他的判定会和其他人一样
A bird named Egelhoffer is doing it. He’ll say the same as the rest.
假设他说得一样
Suppose he does.
你的招数是什么?
What’s your scheme?
华特,你要访问厄尔威廉斯
Walter, you get the interview with Earl Williams.
印出艾格贺佛的声明
Print Egelhoffer’s statement.
就在那旁边,要双栏的 放上你的采访
And right alongside it, double column, run your interview.
精神病学家说他疯了 采访也显示他很笨
Alienist says he’s sane. Interview shows he’s goofy.
你就有可能救那穷鬼一命
You could save that poor devil’s life.
你能…
You could…
你要走了,我忘记了 -采访要花多久?
You’re going away. I forgot. – How long would the interview take?
一小时采访 一小时撰稿
An hour for the interview. An hour to write it.
如果能救人一命,我们可以搭乘六点的火车
We could take the 6 o’clock train if it’d save a man’s life.
不,布鲁斯,如果你要救厄尔威廉斯的生命…
No, Bruce. If you want to save Earl Williams’ life…
…你自己写 你是个好记者
…write it yourself.You’re a good reporter.
我写不出那类报道 需要出自女人的手笔
I can’t write that kind of thing. It takes a woman’s touch.
别这么有诗意了 叫史威尼来做
Don’t get poetic. Get Sweeney.
他最擅长撰写感人肺腑的东西
He’s the best man for that sob-sister stuff.
可怜的史威尼,达菲刚告诉我 他太太总算生了双胞胎
Poor Sweeney. Duffy just told me his wife finally had twins.
多可怕呀,不是吗?
Isn’t that terrible?
史威尼回去庆贺 现在我们找不到他
Sweeney went out to celebrate and now we can’t find him.
史威尼去庆生威廉斯要被处死啦
So Sweeney has twins and Williams gets hanged.
现在,华特,你看
Now, Walter, look.
跟她谈谈,不然你们的蜜月会双手沾满鲜血
Argue with her, or you’ll be on a honeymoon with blood on your hands.
在这之后,你怎么能快乐?
How can you be happy after that?
你会记得那个上死刑台的人
You’ll remember that a man went to the gallows…
因为她非常自私 不愿多等两小时
…because she was too selfish to wait two hours.
厄尔威廉斯的命运今晚交付在你们两个手中…
Earl Williams’ face will come between you tonight…
…和你们后半辈子
…and the rest of your life.
别说了,华特 整个地方全都听见了
Stop it, Walter. The whole place will hear you.
多么了不起的行动
What an act.
我刚想起来史威尼才结婚四个月
I just remembered Sweeney was only married four months ago.
海蒂,你赢了 我输了
Hildy, you win. I’m licked.
史威尼太太没生双胞胎?
Then Mrs. Sweeney didn’t have twins?
事实上,没有,双胞胎是华特的,都是他的
No, indeed. The twins were Walter’s, all his.
什么都没有
It was nothing.
哎,别这样,忘了这事吧
Well, come on, let’s forget it.
我们可以重新再来
We’ll start over again.
我提出一个商业意向 -没兴趣
I’ll offer a business proposition. – Not interested.
你会有兴趣
You’ll be interested.
别听他的 我很了解他
Don’t listen to him. I know him from way back.
对不起,好吗?我跟他说话 听着,布鲁斯
Excuse me, will you? I’m talking to him. Now, look, Bruce…
说服她,你可以为我写一份保险单
…persuade her and you can write an insurance policy for me.
不 柏斯先生,我不会利用我太太作为商业手段
No, Mr. Burns. I wouldn’t use my wife for business purposes.
等等,布鲁斯
Wait a minute, Bruce.
多大的保险计划? -二万五千
How big a policy? – 25,000.
五万
Fifty thousand.
十万元的佣金有多少?
What’s the commission on a $100,000 policy?
大概有一千元,不过 海蒂… – 一千元有什么不好?
Around $1000, but Hildy… – And what’s wrong with $1000?
我不能… -我们可能用那笔钱
I couldn’t… – We could use that money.
给他验身需要多久?
How long would it take to get him examined?
我在二十分钟内可以安排医生来
I could get a company doctor here in 20 minutes.
叫他来,叫他来 -你别掺和进来
Get him. Get him. – You keep out of this.
假设柏斯先生在他办公室做检查
Suppose you have Mr. Burns examined over in his office…
看他们对于他这个像尸体的身体怎么说
…and see what they’ll allow on that old carcass of his.
我状况比我过去还好 -没什么好自夸的
I’m better than I ever was. – That’s nothing to brag about.
我回去换衣服,你检查完了打电♥话♥给我
I’ll go back and change and after you get the check, phone me.
我会在犯罪法庭的新闻接待室等你
I’ll be in the press room at the criminal courts building.
华特?我想你最好给我银行认证的支票
Oh, Walter? I think you better make that a certified check.
你以为我是骗子?
Think I’m a crook?
是,没有认证支票,没有报导,懂吗?
Yes. No certified check, no story. Get me?
会有认证支票的 需要我的指纹吗?
It’ll be certified.Want my fingerprints?
不,谢了,我还有那些
No, thanks. I’ve still got those.
盖斯,我欠你多少?
Gus, how much do I owe you?
谢谢你,亲爱的
Thank you, dear.
噢,抱歉 -你有多少钱?
Oh, I’m sorry. – How much money have you got?
我们只有五百元
You know, everything we have, $500.
给我 -我要买♥♥票
Give me it. – I have to buy the tickets.
我来买♥♥票,相信我,他会让你去赌博
I’ll buy the tickets. Believe me, he’ll get you in a crap game.
海蒂,我不赌博
Hildy, I don’t gamble.
当人们遇上华特 他们什么事都会做的
I know people that never did anything till they met Walter Burns.
但记住,这是我们仅有的
But remember, it’s everything we have.
我知道
I know.
你有十块零钱吗?-懂我意思了吧 布鲁斯?
You got change of ten? – See what I mean, don’t you, Bruce?
我刚把所有的给了海蒂,我就剩下…
I just gave everything to Hildy. All I’ve got left…
快啦,海蒂 -不是我,你签名
Come on, Hildy. – Not me. Sign it.
好吧
All right.
给服务生
For the waiter.
快来呀,布鲁斯,真的
Come on, Bruce. Really.
我下一毛钱
I’ll open for a dime.
我加入
I’m in.
我不加入
I’ll stay.
威可斯3400
Wilcox 3400.
多少? -两个
How many? – Two.
接电♥话♥,你们其中一个人 厄尼,你什么都没在做

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!