In that case…
请容我替你服务
Allow me.
我能看见我太太替她自己选对了丈夫
I can see my wife picked out the right husband for herself.
一定搞错了 我已经结婚了
There must be some mistake. I’m already married.
已经结婚了?
Already married?
你应该告诉我
You should have told me.
再次恭喜你,鲍德温先生
Congratulations again, Mr. Baldwin.
不,我的名字是… -柏斯先生
No, my name… – Mr. Burns.
我很忙 你说什么,鲍德温先生?
I’m terribly busy. What did you say, Mr. Baldwin?
柏斯先生 -我的名字是…
Mr. Burns. – My name is…
我跟鲍德温先生有事要忙 我没听见你说什么
I’m busy with Mr. Baldwin. I didn’t hear what you said, sir.
我的名字是… -柏斯先生…
My name is… – Mr. Burns…
你怎么回事? -我是布鲁斯鲍德温
What is it with you? – I’m Bruce Baldwin.
你看不出来我是… 你是布鲁斯鲍德温!
Can’t you see that I’m… You’re Bruce Baldwin!
那么,他是谁?你是谁?
Well, who is he? Who are you?
我是彼得戴维斯
My name’s Pete Davis.
戴威斯先生 这和你有关吗?
Mr. Davis, is this any concern of yours?
从现在起,我的事你少管
From now on, keep your nose out of my affairs.
别再发生类似的事了
Don’t let it happen again.
出了错,我真的很抱歉 这确实是荣幸
I’m terribly sorry about this mistake. This is indeed a pleasure.
这样不对吧?布鲁斯… 你不介意我叫你布鲁斯吗?
That’s wrong, isn’t it? Bruce… do you mind if I call you Bruce?
我们几乎有亲属关系 -不,不会
We’re almost related. – No, not at all.
你看,我太太…事实上,是你太太
You see, my wife… That is, your wife.
海蒂,你让我以为你嫁给这么一位老头子
Hildy, you led me to expect you were marrying a much older man.
我说什么了?
What did I say?
别担心,我知道你不是说年纪上的老
Don’t worry about it. I realize you didn’t mean old in years.
你总是带着雨伞吗? -今天早上看起来云蛮多的
Do you always carry an umbrella? – It looked cloudy this morning.
对了 我希望,你想到了鞋套
That’s right. Rubbers too, I hope.
老天!男人应该准备好的
Thattaboy! A man ought to be prepared.
我们最好离开吧
We’d better run along.
我们要走了 -我们要去哪里?
We’d better go. – Where are we going?
我要请你们吃午餐 你没告诉他?
I’m taking you two to lunch. Didn’t you tell him?
不,她没说
No, she didn’t.
我想她是要给你一个惊喜,布鲁斯
I guess she just wanted to surprise you, Bruce.
你先请,海蒂
After you, Hildy.
你在浪费时间
You’re wasting your time.
不,我很高兴这么做
No, I’m glad to do it.
嗨,盖斯
Hello, Gus.
这是海蒂!
It’s Hildy!
不是外人 最近好吗?
It’s none other. How are things?
没什么可抱怨的
I can’t complain.
我不好,我饿了 烤牛肉三明治…
I can. I’m hungry. A roast beef sandwich…
抱歉 -…白面包
Sorry. – …on white bread.
那里,布鲁斯
Over there, Bruce.
你是海蒂? -我也来一份一样的
And you, Hildy? – I’ll have the same.
你呢,先生? -好,我也要一样得就好
And you, sir? – Yes, that’s all right for me.
盖斯,给我一些芥末
Bring some mustard too, Gus.
你们两个要结婚?
So you two are going to get married?
感觉如何,布鲁斯? -非常棒
How does it feel, Bruce? – It feels awful good.
你真的遇到了一个好女孩
You’re getting a great girl.
我知道
I realize that.
我遇上海蒂后情况就不一样了
Things have been different since I met Hildy.
我从没遇过像她这样的人
I’ve never met anyone quite like her.
我认识的其他的人…
Everybody else I’ve ever known…
…你总会先猜到他们要做什么说什么
…you could always tell ahead of time what they would say or do.
但海蒂不同 你摸不透她
But Hildy’s not like that. You can’t tell that about her.
很好
That’s nice.
你也得到了其他的:一位优秀的新闻记者
You’re getting something else too: A great newspaperman.
不要废话,华特
No orchids, Walter.
我认识里面最好的一位 很遗憾她辞职了,非常遗憾
One of the best I ever knew. Sorry to see her go. Darn sorry.
我相信你
I’d like to believe you.
我是说真的 如果你还想回来…
I mean it. If you ever want to come back…
我不想回来
Which I won’t.
不管其他的事,他是我唯一的老板
In spite of everything, there’s only one man I’d work for.
如果你替别人工作 我会杀了你
I’d kill you if you worked for anybody else.
听到了吗?这是我的证书
Hear that? That’s my diploma.
一定是个很好的行业 如果…
It must be quite a business if it’s…
你确定你要辞职吗?
Are you sure you want to quit?
你是什么意思?
What do you mean?
如果有任何犹豫…
If there is any doubt about it…
或是如果有任何的可能…
…or if there’s anything…
不,这是你成家的机会
No, this is your chance to have a home…
就像你说的,成为个一真正的人
…and to be, like you said, a human being.
我要你抓住机会
I’ll make you take that chance.
当然 为什么,我不能让她留下
Certainly. Why, I wouldn’t let her stay.
她应得到所有的幸福 这些我都不能给她
She deserves all this happiness. All the things I couldn’t give her.
她只想要一个家
All she ever wanted was a home.
我愿意试一试
I’ll certainly try.
我知道你会,布鲁斯
I know you will, Bruce.
你住在哪里? -奥尔班尼
Where will you live? – Albany.
那里有家人吗? -只有我妈
Got a family up there? – Just my mother.
只有你妈 你们要跟她一起住吗?
Just your mother. You’re going to live with her?
只是第一年
Just for the first year.
那不错呀
That will be nice.
当然,跟妈住在奥尔班尼
Yes, a home with mother, in Albany too.
一个很可爱的小镇 是州政♥府♥的所在地
Mighty nice little town. It’s the state capital.
我知道,我们去过一次
I know. We were there once.
你不会忘记那晚你带州长去饭店吧?
Will you ever forget the night you brought the governor to the hotel?
当时我在洗澡
You see, I was in taking a bath.
我出来没…
Well, I came walking out without…
她不知道我到了那里
She didn’t know I was in town.
布鲁斯,那里的生意如何?很好吗?
Bruce, how is business up there? Any better?
奥尔班尼是个做保险的好城市
Albany’s a mighty good insurance town.
很多人很早就保险了
Most people take it out pretty early in life.
我能了解他们为什么保险
I can see why they would.
统计数字上显示大部分…
Statistics show that most of…
我有个感觉,我应该买♥♥点保险
I’ve got a feeling I ought to have taken out a little insurance.
那的确没什么关系 现在海蒂和我…
That really doesn’t matter now that Hildy and I have…
嗯 你知道…的我们… 是吗?
…well, you know, we’ve… Does it?
你觉得如何?
What do you think?
如果我买♥♥点保险 也许是个好主意
It might have been a good idea if I had taken out insurance.
我真的是这么觉得
I honestly feel that way.
我现在的行业是真的帮助了大众
I’m in one business that really helps people.
当然 你活着的时候我们帮不了太多 但死后…
Of course, we don’t help you much while you’re alive, but afterward.
这才是重点 -当然啦
That’s what counts. – Sure.
我不懂这个
I don’t get it.
很好耶
Nice going.
抱歉,盖斯 我的脚一定滑了一下
So sorry, Gus. My foot must have slipped.
没关系 你想要喝什么?
That’s all right. What would you like to drink?
咖啡
Coffee.
要我在咖啡里放点兰姆酒? -可以
Shall I put some rum in the coffee? – Sure.
我也是,盖斯,谢谢
Me too, Gus, please.
我不要 -继续,布鲁斯
Not for me. – Go on, Bruce.
我有很多事要做 我要买♥♥票,检查行李…
I have a lot to do. I have to buy the tickets, check the baggage…
明天再做吧
Do it tomorrow.
我们今天下午四点乘卧车去奥尔班尼
We’re leaving today at four o’clock, taking the sleeper for Albany.
你们今天四点走?
You’re leaving today at four o’clock?
只剩两个小时 -时间不多了
That’s only two hours. – That’s not much time.
我还有很多事要做 我要…
I’ve got a lot to do. I want to…
不是有点傻? 全部都倒在我前面
Isn’t that silly? All down over my front.
没有什么新鲜的,这里 -没关系,我叫盖斯来
That’s nothing new. Here. – Never mind, I’ll get Gus.
盖斯,想想办法,好吗?
Gus, do something about this, will you?
我回到桌子以后跟我说有人打电♥话♥给我
Call me to the telephone when I get back to the table.
谢谢,盖斯,很好
Thanks, Gus, that’s fine.
抱歉,真是愚蠢,不是吗?
I’m terribly sorry about that. That was silly, wasn’t it?
让我弄明白 我一定误会你们了
Let me get that straight. I must have misunderstood you.
你今天乘卧车走 明天就结婚?
You’re taking the sleeper today, then getting married tomorrow?
嗯,不是这样
Well, it’s not like that.
是怎样?
What is it like?
可怜的华特 他要整夜辗转难眠了
Poor Walter. He’ll toss and turn all night.
也许我们该告诉他 妈也会来