I’m sorry.
锁门干嘛?
What’s the idea of locking this door?
是谁? -班辛格,这是他的桌子
Who’s that? – Bensinger. That’s his desk.
开门好吗?
Open the door, will you?
他叫什么名字? -班辛格,护民报的
What’s his name? – Bensinger, of the Tribune.
护民报? -谁在里面?
The Tribune? – Who’s in there?
你没有更好的主意…?
Haven’t you any better sense…?
嗨,嗨,柏斯先生,很荣幸看到你来
Hello. Hello, Mr. Burns. Quite an honor having you come over here.
嗨,班辛格 -你知道我…我只是要拿我…
Hello, Bensinger. – You know my… I just want to get my…
真巧今晚碰到你了,是不是啊海蒂?
It’s quite a coincidence seeing you tonight, isn’t it Hildy?
是啊 -什么意思?
Yes, yes. – How do you mean?
我今天下午跟达菲先生谈到你
I was talking to our Mr. Duffy about you this afternoon.
真的?希望不是什么坏话
Really? Nothing detrimental, I hope.
正好相反,正好相反
On the contrary. On the contrary.
在今天早上的报纸上,你的一篇报导很不错
That was one swell story you had in the paper this morning.
你喜欢诗吗,柏斯先生?
Did you care for the poem, Mr. Burns?
诗?诗很棒
The poem? The poem was great.
我特别喜欢结尾
I liked the ending especially.
他的外貌看起来很好
“And all is well outside his cell…
但在他心里,他听见行刑的人正在召唤
…but in his heart he hears the hangman calling…
绞刑架掉下来
…the gallows falling…
还有他那白发高堂的眼泪
…and his white-haired mother’s tears”.
心碎? -很好
Heartbreaking? – That’s fine.
你想要替我工作吗?
Would you like to work for me?
我们需要像你这样的人
We can use a man like you.
我们现在只有像强森这样低水平的人
All we got are lowbrows like Johnson here.
你说真的吗,柏斯先生? -认真?等等
Are you serious, Mr. Burns? – Serious? Wait a minute.
达菲,我请班辛格先生来看你
Duffy, I’m sending Mr. Bunsinger over to see you.
班辛格 -摩文是吗?
– Mervyn, isn’t it?
是,不…罗伊,罗伊夫 -当然
Yeah… No. Roy. Roy V. – Certainly.
诗人罗伊夫·班辛格
Roy V. Bensinger, the poet.
你能知道什么 你可能也没听过莎士比亚
You wouldn’t know. You probably never heard of Shakespeare either.
立刻聘请班辛格先生,你在护民报的待遇多少?
Put Mr. Bensinger on staff. How much you getting on the Tribune?
七十五元 -我给你一百元外加一个专栏
$75. – I’ll give you $100 and a byline.
你要给他所需要的一切 明白了吗?
Now you give him everything he wants, you understand?
罗伊,以逃犯的视角写一首诗
Roy, write me a story from the point of view of the escaped man.
他躲起来,惧怕每一点声音,每个灯光
He hides, afraid of every sound, every light.
他听见渐渐逼近的脚步声
He hears footsteps, they’re closing in.
仍想作困兽之斗 -有点杰克伦敦的风格?
Get the sense of the animal at bay. – Sort of Jack London style?
我要去拿我的押韵字典 -不需要有押韵
I’ll get my rhyming dictionary. – It doesn’t have to rhyme.
我非常感激,柏斯先生
I’m deeply grateful, Mr. Burns.
如果有个战地报导的职位
If there’s an opening for a war correspondent…
我还会一点法文
…I parler a little French.
我记住了 -再见了,我的长官
I’ll keep you in mind. – Au revoir, mon capitain.
再见
Bonjour.
“他白发高堂的眼泪” 这句最棒
“His white-haired mother’s tears”. That’s the tops.
听好,班辛格这家伙现在正在路上
Listen, that fellow Bensinger is on his way right now.
小心应付他,叫他写诗
Handle him with kid gloves. Have him write poetry.
我们不要他 拖延他直到号♥外出来为止
We don’t want him. Stall him until the extra’s out.
说他的诗一点也不好 然后把他踢下楼
Say his poetry smells and kick him downstairs.
黑吃黑的家伙 -这样可以给他教训
Double-crosser. – That’ll teach him.
他以后不会就这么随便的辞职
He won’t quit his paper without giving notice after this.
我是说你 -我?
I mean you. – Me?
你会出♥卖♥♥♥任何人… 等等
You’d double-cross anybody… Wait a minute.
布鲁斯不会回来了,他说他要搭九点的火车
Bruce isn’t coming back. He said he was taking the 9:00 train.
依照这个状况,他已经走了
In that case, he’s gone by now.
别像只冻僵的知更鸟一样坐着,继续写报导
Don’t sit there like a frozen robin. Get on with the story.
布屈来的时候我们就该写完了
We ought to be finished when Butch gets here.
你看你怎么把我的生活搞乱 现在我该怎么办?
How you have messed up my life. What am I going to do?
窗子太小了,我们得扛桌子出去
Window’s too small. We’ll carry the desk out.
我现在本应该在火车上,
我是个笨蛋,掉入你的陷阱
I’d be on that train right now. I’m a sap, falling for your line.
他们会以我之名命名一条街… -是的,赶快工作
They’ll name streets after me… – Yes, well, get back to work.
我想继续写了 华特,什么…?
I’m not going back to work. Walter, what…?
是谁? -是我,老板,我是路易
Who is it? – It’s me, boss. It’s Louie.
路易
Louie.
怎么回事? -鲍德温太太在哪?
What’s the matter? – Where’s Mrs. Baldwin?
发生什么事?
What happened?
在西大道 我们时速六十五哩 你懂我的意思吗?
Down Western Avenue, we was going 65 miles an hour, know what I mean?
那位老女士在哪?
Where’s the old lady?
我们碰到交♥警♥,半路被抓
We run smack into a police patrol. Busted it in half.
她有受伤吗?
Was she hurt?
撞上一堆警♥察♥,你能想象吗?
Can you imagine bumping into a load of cops?
你对她做了什么? -搜我,当我到…
What did you do with her? – Search me, when I come to…
你跟她在一起,你在出租车上
You were with her. You were in the cab.
那司机死掉了 -笨手笨脚!
The driver got knocked cold. – Butterfingers!
你把她交给警♥察♥? -你说什么?
You handed her over to the cops. – What do you mean?
他们站错了街道
They was on the wrong side of the street.
现在好了 她一定在跟警方不断地抱怨
Fine. Now she’s probably squawking to the police.
她不会有太多抱怨 懂我的意思吗?
She’s not squawking much. Know what I mean?
别告诉我… 她死了吗?
Don’t tell me… Was she killed?
她是吗?你注意到了吗?
Was she? Did you notice?
我的情况危急,而且绑♥架♥了一位女士
Me with a gun on the hip and a kidnapped lady on my hands…
我还要回答警♥察♥问题?
…I’m going to ask questions from cops?
你懂我的意思? -死了,死了,结束了!
You know what I mean? – Dead, dead. This is the end!
这是命运
It’s fate.
该来的总会来的
What will be will be.
我要怎么跟布鲁斯说?
What am I going to say to Bruce?
我能跟他怎么说?
What can I tell him?
如果他爱你,你不需要告诉他任何事情
If he loves you, you won’t have to tell him anything.
你要因为一个老女人,把警方叫到这里来?
Would you rather have had the old dame drag the police in here?
我杀了她,我要负责
I killed her. I’m responsible.
我该怎么办?我怎么再面对布鲁斯?
What am I going to do? How can I ever face Bruce again?
看着我,海蒂 -我是在看着你,凶手
Look at me, Hildy. – I am looking at you, you murderer.
如果是我自己的祖母,我会继续
If it was my own grandmother, I’d carry on.
你知道我会,为了报纸 -路易,在哪里发生的?
You know I would, for the paper. – Louie, where’d it happen?
西街三十四号♥
Western and 34th.
我要出去… -我们在这里能做更多事,冷静点
I got to get out of here… – We can do more here. Be calm.
听着…
Listen…
嗨,嗨 -请接缅因4557
Hello, hello. – Maine 4557.
谁?布屈,你在哪里?
Who? Butch, where are you?
教会医院?请接接待室
Mission Hospital? Receiving room.
你在那里干嘛?
What are you doing there?
有没有一个因为严重意外而被送进来的老太太?
Was an old lady brought in from a smashup?
老天,布屈,这是攸关生死的事
For H. Sebastian, Butch, it’s a matter of life and death.
没人? -我听不见
Nobody? – I can’t hear.
请接早安街2469号♥ -你那有谁?大声点说,一个什么?
Morningside 2469. – You got who? Speak up. A what?
你不能为了一个老妇人停下!
You can’t stop for a dame now!
我不在乎你是不是在跟踪她,
现在我们的性命危在旦夕!
I don’t care if you’ve been after her. Our whole lives are at stake!
你要让个女人介入我们两个之间?
Are you going to let a woman come between us?
有没有一个因为很严重的交通意外
而被送进来的老太太?
Was there an old lady brought in in an auto smashup?
布屈,我愿意为你到这里来而赴汤蹈火
Butch, I’d put my arm in fire for you up to here.
你不能出♥卖♥♥♥我
You can’t double-cross me.
请看看
Look around, please.
好,把她接过来,我跟她说
All right, put her on. I’ll talk to her.
晚安,女士,听着,你这个廉价的女孩
Good evening, madam. Now, listen, you ten-cent glamour girl…
你不能阻止布屈工作,什么?
…you can’t keep Butch from his duty. What’s that?
你再说,我就踢得你满地找牙!
You say that again, I’ll kick you in the teeth!
那是哪国语言?
Say, what kind of language is that?
看这里,你…
Now, look here, you…
她挂电♥话♥了,我能说什么?
She hung up. What did I say?
达菲,你怎么说?到处追捕这大的…
Duffy, how do you like that? Mousing around with some big…
你闭嘴好吗?我在听电♥话♥! -达菲!这是合作
Will you shut up? I’m trying to hear! – Duffy! That’s cooperation.
达菲在哪?
Well, where is Duffy?
糖尿病,我早该知道雇人要雇没病的人
Diabetes. I ought to know better than to hire anybody with a disease.
帮我接奥利比亚2136号♥好吗?
Give me Olympia 2136, will you?
是,老板 -路易,你决定吧
Yes, boss. – Louie, it’s up to you.
是的,老板 -找些人来帮忙
Anything you say, boss. – Get a hold of some guys.
任何只要有胸毛的人,把他们找来
Anybody with hair on his chest, get them off the street.
我们要把桌子搬出去
We got to get that desk out.