不让她跟任何人说话
See that she doesn’t talk to anyone.
告诉他们这是地方检察官的案子
Tell them it’s a case of D.T.’s.
别担心,妈,只是暂时的
Don’t worry, Mother. It’s only temporary.
放开我
Let go of me.
你要去哪? -把布鲁斯救出监狱
Where are you going? – To get Bruce out of jail.
你为什么对我这么做? -把布鲁斯救出监狱?
Why did you do this to me? – Get Bruce out of jail?
你怎么能担心一个在警♥察♥局休息的人?
How can you worry about a man who’s resting in a police station?
这是战争!你不能抛下我 -别跳来跳去了
This is war! You can’t desert me. – Get off that trapeze.
你拿到你的报导
You’ve got your story.
“厄尔威廉斯被早报抓到”
“Earl Williams captured by the Morning Post”.
我替你做了报导,现在我要退出
I covered your story for you, now I’m getting out.
你这笨蛋,你一年365天随时都可以结婚
You drooling idiot, there are 365 days in a year one can get married.
你一辈子能遇到几回凶手被锁在桌子里?
How many times you got a murderer locked up in a desk?
你有整个城市的注意力
You got the whole city by the seat of the pants.
你是个聪明人
You’ve got the brain of a pancake.
这不只是个报导,这还是革命
This isn’t just a story. It’s a revolution.
这是自利文斯通找到史坦利后最伟大的报导
The greatest yarn since Livingston discovered Stanley.
利文斯通是非洲探险家,在与外界失联后于1871年与记者亨利·史坦利会面
你弄反了 -在这时候别这么专业
The other way around. – Don’t get technical at a time like this.
这城市已经有四十年收贿的历史
You’ve taken a city that’s been graft-ridden for 40 years…
而现在我们有机会拥有同样优秀的政♥府♥
…and given us a chance to have the same kind of government…
就像拉瓜迪亚治下的纽约一样
…New York has under La Guardia.
如果我不是为了你着想,我何必多费口舌
If I didn’t have your best interest at heart, I wouldn’t argue with you.
你做了一件大事 已经踏进新的阶层
You’ve done something big. You’ve stepped up into a new class.
我们会让这些政客出丑 没有人会投他们的票
We’ll make such monkeys of those ward healers nobody’ll vote for them.
揭发他们? -惩治这帮乌合之众
Expose them? – Certainly, we’ll crucify that mob.
我们要保护威廉斯,直到我们把报导宣世…
We’ll keep Williams under cover, until we can break the story…
…然后跟州长分享荣誉
…then share the glory with the governor.
我懂了,我懂了 -你能扳倒市政厅
I get it, I get it. – You’ll kick over City Hall.
你让市长和哈特威尔无处可逃
You got the mayor and Hartwell backed up against the wall.
这不只是新闻报导,这是事业!
This isn’t just a newspaper story. It’s a career!
而你却抱怨要赶八点还是九点的火车
And you bellyache about catching the eight or nine o’clock train.
但我从不会这么认为 -因为你是个乡巴佬
But I never figured it that way. – Because you’re a doll-faced hick.
他们会用你的名字当作街名,会有你的雕像
They’ll be naming streets after you. There’ll be statues of you.
会有人把你拍成电影,还有海蒂强森牌雪茄
The movies will be after you. There’ll be a Hildy Johnson cigar.
我现在就能看到广♥告♥板写着: “点亮海蒂强森…”
I can see the billboards now: “Light up with Hildy Johnson…”
我们还有很多事要做 -这就对了嘛
We got a lot to do. – Now you’re talking.
我们不能把威廉斯丢在这里 -我们会带他到我私人办公室
We can’t leave Williams here. – We’ll take him to my private office.
你怎么带他去? -我们搬桌子过去
How are you going to take him? – We’ll carry the desk over.
这样太慢了,外面还有警♥察♥
It’s crawling with cops outside.
我们用窗外的滑车放他下去
We’ll lower it out the window with pulleys.
别拖延了,马上行动起来!
Now quit stalling, start pounding out a lead!
你要我怎么写? -使出全身解数
How much of this stuff do you want? – All you the words you got.
我能叫市长是掠食飞禽吗? -随你爱怎么叫就怎么叫
Can I call the mayor a bird of prey? – Call him anything you like.
给他全套,嗨 达菲? 我们有年度最大的新闻
Give him the works. Hello, Duffy? We got the biggest story in years.
“厄尔威廉斯被早报抓到 独家报导! ”
“Earl Williams captured by the Morning Post. Exclusive!”
拿掉整个前页
Tear out the whole front page.
整个前页,不要了!别管欧洲战争
The whole front page. Out! And never mind the European war.
我们有比那件更大的事,海蒂强森正在写头条
We got something bigger than that. Hildy Johnson’s writing the lead.
接布屈欧康纳
And get hold of Butch O’Connor.
叫他带着他的弟兄来这里
Tell him to come up here with his wrestlers.
对,布屈欧康纳
Yeah, Butch O’Connor.
什么?我有张桌子 我要把它搬走…
What? I’ve got a desk I want moved…
你到底要什么?
What the deuce do you want?
嗨,布鲁斯 -海蒂
Hello, Bruce. – Hildy.
别管中国地震
Never mind the Chinese earthquake.
我只要问你… -你怎样逃出监狱?
I just want to ask you… – How’d you get out of jail?
不是靠你的帮忙
Not through any help of yours.
我不是在跟你说话
I’m not talking to you.
我汇给家乡艾尔邦尼一百元,好让我保释出狱
I had to wire Albany for $100 so I could get out on bail.
他们在艾尔邦尼会怎么想?钱进了警♥察♥局
What will they think in Albany? The money went to the police station.
我们在等报导 -我们会跟他解释
We’re waiting for that story. – We’ll explain everything to them.
妈在哪里? -她走了
Where’s mother? – She left.
我听不见你说话
I can’t hear you, Duffy.
她去哪里? -外面某个地方
Where’d she go? – Out someplace.
不要管波兰走廊了! -告诉我妈去哪里
Junk the Polish Corridor! – Tell me where my mother was going.
她没说 -这比较重要
She couldn’t say. – This is more important.
她拿到钱了吗? -她很匆忙的离开
Did she get the money? – She left in a hurry.
我要拿钱 -在我的皮包里
I’ll take that money. – In my purse.
我能处理,我要拿那张认证过的支票
I can handle things. I’ll take that certified check too.
我给你火车票,你能在皮夹里找到你的钱
I’ll give you the tickets. You’ll find your money in the wallet.
我的皮夹?这是我的皮夹
My wallet? This is my wallet.
说,有件很好玩的事发生… 你在干嘛?
Say, there’s something funny going on… What are you doing?
只想看一下
Just wanted to look at it.
海蒂,我要搭…
Hildy, I’m taking…
我要搭九点的火车 -当然,当然
I’m taking the 9 o’clock train. – Sure, sure.
你听到我说的话? 我说我要搭九点的…
Did you hear what I said? I said I am taking the 9 o’clock…
布鲁斯,我打进稿子里了!
Oh, Bruce, I put it in here!
别吵她好吗,老兄
Let her alone, will you, buddy.
帮我个忙… -回答一个问题就好
Do me a favor… – Just answer one question.
你不想跟我走,对不对?
You don’t want to come with me, do you?
回答我,你不想 对不对?
Answer me. You don’t, do you?
不,把第六页美国小姐的照片拿掉
No. Take the Miss America pictures off page six.
海蒂,告诉我,告诉我实话
Hildy, tell me. Tell me the truth.
等等,听着,我的好伙计…
Wait a minute. Now look here, my good man…
你闭嘴,柏斯
You shut up, Burns.
你故意对她这么做
You’re doing all this to her.
她要离开你
She wanted to get away from you.
但你抓到她,改变她的心意…
But you caught her and changed her mind…
把希♥特♥勒♥放在搞笑版面上,现在我来问你…
Stick Hitler on the funny page. Now let me ask you…
你会为了像他这样一个人放弃所有一切?
Will you give up everything for a man like him?
不,但有件事发生了,我来告诉你…
No, but something’s happened. I’ll tell you…
什么都不要告诉他,他是间谍,你个傻子!
Tell him nothing. He’s a spy, you fool.
我不是间谍 -真是荒谬
I am not a spy. – Ridiculous.
你现在就跟我走
You’re coming with me right now.
等等 你没意识到这是我一生中最重要的事吗?
Just a second. Don’t you see this is the biggest thing in my life?
我明白了,我会保留,我像冰箱里的东西
I see. I’ll keep. I’m like something in the icebox.
你就是不爱我
You just don’t love me.
这不是真的,你非但不听我的,还说我不爱你
That isn’t true. Just because you won’t listen you say I don’t love you.
你从来不想体面点 活得真正像个人
You never intended to be decent and live like a human being.
好,如果你是这么认为的话
All right, if that’s what you want to think.
我要集中注意力
I’m trying to concentrate.
你跟他,跟其他的人都一样 -当然,这就是我
You’re just like him and all the rest. – Sure. That’s what I am.
什么?别管那公鸡的新闻,这才是人们的兴趣
What? Leave the rooster story alone. That’s human interest.
如果你有任何的同情心,或是能够体贴了解
If you had any sympathy or understanding…
我了解,好吗… -等等
I understand, all right… – Wait a minute.
还有一个问题我想要知道,
市长第一个老婆的名字
There’s one question I want to know. The mayor’s first wife’s name.
身上有肿瘤的那个吗?芬妮
什么,达菲?
The one with the wart on her? Fanny. What, Duffy?
你从来没爱过我
You never loved me at all.
算了,你不在广♥告♥部做事
Never mind. You don’t work for advertising.
如果你改变心意了 我在九点的火车上
If you change your mind, I’m on the 9 o’clock train.
如果你要我,就接受我的样子,别想要改变我
If you want me, take me as I am. Don’t try to change me.
我不是桥牌玩家 我是新闻记者
I’m no suburban bridge player. I’m a newspaperman.
就这样 你尽快写出来
That’s it. Keep it coming as fast as you can.
快回里面去,你这只乌龟
Get back in there, you mock turtle.
你告诉布屈这是生死攸关的事?
You tell Butch it’s a matter of life and death?
很好,布屈在路上了,我们再撑十五分钟
Good. Butch’s on his way. We just have to hold out for 15 minutes.
那些家伙会回来打电♥话♥的 -我来对付他们
The boys will be back to phone. – I’ll handle them.
老天,月亮出来了
God, now the moon’s out.
很好,三下是我,别忘记,空气足够吗?
Fine. Three taps is me. Don’t forget. Got enough air?
没有很多空气 -这样好多了吗?你坐姿很美
Not very much. – That better? You’re sitting pretty.
怎么样? -很好,布鲁斯呢?
How’s it coming? – All right. Where’s Bruce?
他出去了 -他会回来这里吗?
He went out. – Is he coming back here?
当然 你没听他说的吗?你写到哪了?念我听听
Certainly. Didn’t you hear him? What have you got so far? Let me hear it.
当哈特威尔的雇佣杀手威胁这个城市 开枪射杀旁观者…
“While Hartwell’s paid gunmen stalked the city, shooting bystanders…
…散布恐怖时,威廉斯埋伏在…
…spreading terror, Williams was lurking…”
等等,你不打算提早报?
Wait a minute. Aren’t you going to mention the Post?
我有,第二段 -谁会去看第二段?
I did. Second paragraph. – Who reads the second paragraph?
我以前告诉你该怎么写报导的?
How long have I been telling you how to write a story?
抱歉