You think I could?
帮我接华特柏斯,快,告诉他我需要他
Get me Walter Burns, quick. Tell him I need him.
布鲁斯,我知道我说过要下楼来,
但有件很棒的事发生
Bruce, I know I said I’d be down, but something terrific has happened.
华特,马上来
Walter, come right away.
等等,布鲁斯 我会解释
Wait, Bruce, I’ll explain.
我在这里找到厄尔威廉斯,在记者室
I’ve got Earl Williams here, in the press room.
老实说 快,我需要你!
On the level. Hurry, I need you!
布鲁斯,我遇到了厄尔威廉斯
你知道,那个凶手
Bruce, I’ve captured Earl Williams. You know, the murderer.
待在这 厄尔,等等 布鲁斯,我马上下来
Stay there, Earl. Wait. Bruce, I’ll be down.
我一把他交给报社我就下来
As soon as I hand him to the paper.
布鲁斯,我不能,你不明白…
Bruce, I can’t. Don’t you realize…
谁?-我,茉莉莫利,开门!
Who is it? – Me, Mollie Malloy. Open the door!
你要什么,茉莉? -我要找…
What do you want, Mollie? – I got to find…
大家都到哪去? -都走了
Where is everybody? – They’ve gone.
告诉我他们去哪里了
Please tell me where.
我不知道,我很忙
I don’t know, and I’m awfully busy.
他们包围他 他们会杀狗一样杀死他
They got him surrounded. They’ll shoot him down like a dog.
他们也在找你
They’re looking for you too.
我不在乎,告诉我 我不怕他们
I don’t care. Tell me. I ain’t afraid of them.
好了,他们在第四街和中♥央♥街口
All right, they’re down at Center Street and Fourth.
那是我曾经… -茉莉,茉莉,别走
Oh, that’s where I used to… – Mollie, Mollie, don’t go.
进来,茉莉,拉椅子坐
Come in, Mollie. Draw up a chair.
嗨 -你怎么进来的?
Hello. – How did you get in here?
从下面的水管,我不是要杀他,真的 我没有
Down the pipe. I didn’t mean to shoot him. Really, I didn’t.
安静点 -你相信我,对吗?
Be quiet. – You believe me, don’t you?
当然,我相信你
Sure, I believe you.
谢谢你的玫瑰花,很美
Thanks for the roses. They were beautiful.
没关系,威廉斯先生
That’s all right, Mr. Williams.
别哭 -你不是有点歇斯底里
Don’t cry. – Don’t you get hysterical.
我要带他出去
I want to get him out.
你不能到下面大厅 – 但是他们会找到他
You wouldn’t get down that hall. – But they’ll find him.
我知道,在那些记者回来前我会想个办法
I know. I’m trying to think before those reporters come back.
让他们抓我,这有什么不同?
Let them take me. What’s the difference?
我不会让他们抓住你的
I’ll never let them.
谁把门锁上了?
Who locked the door?
现在太迟了 -还没有,到桌子里面去
Now it’s too late. – It isn’t. Get in this desk.
有什么用? -快,进去
Oh, what’s the use? – Come on, get in.
我们十分钟内拉你出来
We’ll get you out in ten minutes.
振作点好吗,这里 坐下
Pull yourself together. All right, here. Sit down.
好,好,我来了!
All right, all right, I’m coming!
别把整栋楼踢倒 -我们要打电♥话♥
Don’t kick the building down. – We got phone calls to make.
她在这里干嘛?
What’s she doing up here?
怎么回事?
What’s the matter?
上来这里后就变得歇斯底里
Came up here and had hysterics.
你怎么样,孩子? -不是很好
How do you feel, kid? – Not so good.
帮你拿点水?
Get you some water?
能帮你做什么? -你看起来不严重
Do anything for you? – You don’t look so sick.
你碰到威廉斯了吗? -真好笑!
Did you bump into Williams? – Funny!
他在哪? -走开
Where is he? – Let me alone.
好,帮我接询问台 -问问有什么关系
Okay. Give me the desk. – No harm in asking.
嗨吉姆,对,假警报,他们的确包围了房♥子…
Hello, Jim. Yes, false alarm. They surrounded the house, all right…
但威廉斯不在那里
…but Williams wasn’t there.
外面乱糟糟的,而且有警♥察♥站岗
The Halloween outside has the police standing on its ear.
我以为你走了 -我在等华特的钱
I thought you were gone. – I’m waiting for money from Walter.
追捕真精彩!帮我接艾米尔
What a chase! Give me Emil.
帮我接询问处 -有消息吗,各位?
Give me the desk. – Any news, boys?
有,我这辈子没这么累过
Yeah, I never been so tired in my life.
什么?哪里?梅尔罗斯车站?
What? Where? Melrose Station?
好,跟我联♥系♥ 嗨,茉莉,你好吗?
All right, connect me. Hello, Mollie. How are you?
等等,这看起来不错
Hold it a minute. This looks good.
一个老女士宣称威廉斯藏在她家下面的回廊
An old lady claims Williams is hiding under her piazza.
叫她站起来
Tell her to stand up.
你要出去? -我会料理这边
You want to go out on it? – I’ll cover this end.
我已经花了一块四的出租车费 -不出去了
I spent $1.40 on taxicabs already. – No more going out.
算了,中士 -谁把百叶窗拉下来?
Never mind, Sarge. – Who pulled the shades down?
他们把光照射进来
They were throwing those lights around.
你知道,我有预感,威廉斯
You know, I’ve got a hunch Williams…
不在他们要找的地方
…ain’t anywhere they’ve been looking for him.
他也许在这栋建筑物里
He might be here in this building.
当然,当然,像只鸭子,四处在打靶场走动
Sure, sure, hanging around like a duck in a shooting gallery.
从天窗出来,但他怎么到地上?
From the skylight, but how did he reach the ground?
我假装那里没有厄尔 -他可能跳到这个屋顶
I’m pretending there ain’t any Earl. – He could have jumped to this roof.
从屋顶他可以从排水管滑下
From the roof he could slide down the drainpipe.
然后从这些窗户进来
And come in any of these windows.
如果他通过这个窗户…
If the story walks in the window…
智多星 你为什么不回家?也许威廉斯会拜访你
Masterminds. Why don’t you go home? Maybe Williams will call on you.
如果他在这栋建筑物里,那真是好笑了
It’d be funny if he was in this building.
为什么不在这栋建筑物里面找找?
Why not search the building?
我不是到处闲晃 -你们真是一群优秀记者
I am not wandering all over. – A great bunch of reporters you are.
懒到没去追这几年来最大的新闻
Too lazy to go after the biggest story in years.
你好像很急着要甩掉我们
You seem pretty anxious to get rid of us.
你想要压倒我们? -你疯了?利用我自己的时间?
Are you trying to scoop us? – Are you crazy? On my time?
也许茉莉会把威廉斯拿到枪的事说明白
Maybe Mollie’s been giving her the truth on how Williams got the gun.
我什么都没做
I didn’t do nothing.
说实话 -别烦那个女孩,她是…
Come clean. – Let the girl alone. She’s…
是?
Well?
鲍德温太太,母亲
Mrs. Baldwin. Mother.
别叫我母亲,玩猫抓老鼠,然后把我儿子关起来
Don’t “mother” me. Playing cat and mouse and keeping my boy locked up.
让我们错过两班火车,你们明天本该结婚了
Making us miss two trains, and you supposed to be married tomorrow.
我五分钟后就跟你走… -给我布鲁斯的钱
I’ll be with you in five minutes… – Just give me Bruce’s money.
你可以永远呆在这里了,你和你抓到的凶手
You can stay here forever, you and that murderer you caught.
凶手? -这里的哪个人是?
Murderer? – Which one of these men is it?
他们都看起来像凶手 -你抓到什么凶手?
They all look like murderers. – What murderer did you catch?
我从没这么说
I never said any such thing.
我问我的儿子,他从不会骗我
I’m quoting my son. He has never lied to me.
有人在说谎
Somebody’s lying.
我没说过那样的话 -不,你说了
I never said anything like that. – Yes, you did.
我说我想要找到凶手
I said I was trying to find the murderer.
别找借口 -她已经混乱不堪了
Quit stalling. – She’s got it balled up.
你在瞒谁?
Who are you holding out on?
没有,让我走,好吗?
Nobody. Now let me go, will you?
够了,别闹了!
Stop it, stop it!
她不知道他在哪,我是唯一知道他在哪的人
She don’t know where he is. I’m the only one that knows.
威廉斯在哪? -来慢慢问吧
Where’s Williams? – Try and find out.
快,说 -现在你要我说?
Come on, talk. – Now you want me to talk?
说啊 -这不好笑?
Talk. – Ain’t that funny?
你之前不肯听我说,现在你要我说
You wouldn’t listen to me before, and now you want me to talk.
什么都别说
Don’t say anything.
我知道我在做什么 -别牵扯进来
I know what I’m doing. – Stay out of this.
你为什么不听我的? -别胡扯
Why didn’t you listen to me? – Cut that out.
手放下! -他在哪里?
Hands off! – Where is he?
你为什么想知道?这样你可以写
更多谎言来促销报纸?
Why do you want to know? So you can write more lies to sell papers?
别提那个 -好,我给你新闻题材
Never mind that. – All right. I’ll give you a story.
很棒的新闻!
A wonderful story!
只是这次是真的 你将永远找不到我!
Only this time it’ll be true. You’ll never find me now!
有没有人叫救护车,快!
Get the ambulance, somebody!
有没有人叫救护车!
Get an ambulance, somebody!
她死了 -不,她还没死,她还在动!
She’s dead. – No, she isn’t killed, she’s moving!
你看见了吗?她跳下去了 -我知道
Did you see that? She jumped. – I know that.
威廉斯在哪儿?
Where have you got Williams?
藏起来了,他在桌子里
Hidden. He’s in the desk.
她没有自杀
She didn’t kill herself.
你好吗? -让我出去
How’re you doing? – Let me out.
安静,你坐着就好
Quiet. You’re sitting pretty.
那里面有什么? -你是谁?
What’s in there? – Who are you?
这是布鲁斯的母亲 -你在干嘛?
This is Bruce’s mother. – What are you doing?
闭嘴! -你做错了
Shut up! – You’re doing something wrong.
妈,拜托 -带她出去
Mother, please. – Take her out of here.
带这女人到麦克那儿 -我叫路易·帕鲁索
Take the lady to Polack Mike’s. – My name’s Louie Peluso.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!