但有共♥党♥同情者,我想
But there’s Communistic sympathizers and I thought…
如果我有这样的标语,我能…
…if I got a slogan like that I could…
他跟这个案子没关系
That’s got nothing to do with this case.
事关二十万的投票,
如果不吊死他,选票就没了
There are 200,000 votes at stake. If he don’t hang, we’ll lose them.
我们要吊死他
We’re going to hang him.
他不能逃走
He can’t get away.
你说什么?他的确是逃走了,不是吗?
What do you mean? He did get away, didn’t he?
你要什么?
What do you want?
你要什么?-你是警长哈特威尔?
What do you want? – Are you Sheriff Hartwell?
我就是,什么事?
I’m him. What is it?
你真难找,我有个从州长来的消息
You’re a hard man to find. I have a message from the governor.
什么?-厄尔威廉斯的缓刑令
What? – It was a reprieve for Earl Williams.
谁? -厄尔威廉斯
For who? – Earl Williams.
你说过没有缓刑令
You said there wasn’t going to be a reprieve.
我想到要对你做的事就害怕 还有谁在那里?
It frightens me to think of what I’d like to do to you. Who was there?
没人,他在钓鱼 -帮我接州长
Nobody. He was fishing. – Get the governor on the phone.
他不在 他去猎雁
He’s not there. He’s duck shooting.
该死的猎人!钓鱼,猎雁
Blasted nimrod! Fishing, duck shooting…
过去四十年什么都没做的家伙
A guy who’s done nothing for the last 40 years…
当选为州长,还是个泰山
…gets elected governor and he’s a Tarzan.
看看这个“疯了” 他非常清楚威廉斯没疯
Read that. “Insane”. He knows very well Williams isn’t insane.
我从没见过那个人
I never met the man.
道地的政客 -企图要毁了我们
Pure politics. – It’s an attempt to ruin us.
我们要对记者说什么?
What do we tell the reporters?
告诉他们,因为你,本党全完了
Tell them the party is through on account of you.
还要补充说明,告诉他们我要你现在就辞职
As an afterthought, tell them I want your resignation now.
嗨,是,是,我是哈特威尔
Hello. Yes, yes, this is Hartwell.
什么?哪里?
What? Where?
老天!别挂!
Holy Moses! Hold the wire!
他们抓到威廉斯!
They’ve got Williams!
步兵小队在他家抓到他
The rifle squad has him at his house.
叫他们别挂 -别挂
Tell them to hold the phone. – Hold the wire.
盖上发报机 -不,现在,听着
Cover up that transmitter. – No. Now, listen.
你从来没到过这里来
You never arrived with this.
不,我到了的,我走过那扇门…
Yes, I did. I came through that door…
你赚多少钱? -我以为他是警长…
– I thought he was sheriff…
你的薪水多少?- 一周四十元
What’s your salary? – $40 a week.
你想要一个月赚350元吗?几乎一星期100元
How’d you like to make $350 a month? That’s almost $100 a week.
我负担不起,谁?我?
I couldn’t afford that. Who? Me?
他们需要像你这样的人在市政♥府♥检验室
They need a fellow like you in the city sealer’s office.
什么? -市府检验室
The what? – City sealer’s.
你是说我应该在检验室工作–
You mean I should work in the sealer’s…
我太太不会喜欢这样,她和我家人住在乡下
My wife wouldn’t like that. She lives in the country with my family.
没关系,把她搬过来 所有的花费我们出
That’s all right. Bring her in. We’ll pay all the expenses.
不好 -为什么不好?
I don’t think so. – Why not?
我有两个小孩在上学 如果换地方,他们会降一级
I got two kids in school. If they change towns, they’ll lose a grade…
不,他们会跳级
No. They’ll skip a grade.
我保证你他们会毕业
And I guarantee you that they’ll graduate…
等一下,奥森 快,佛莱德
Hold your horses, Olsen. Hurry up, Fred.
你怎么说?
Now, what do you say?
你让我犯难了
That puts me in a peculiar hole.
不,不会,你从没有送过这个来
No, it doesn’t. You never delivered this.
你遇上了堵车或是其他原因
You got caught in traffic or something.
不,我来… -假装你没有
No, I came… – Pretend you didn’t.
现在出去,别让别人看见你
Now get out and don’t let anybody see you.
但我怎么知道… -明天到我办公室
But how do I know… – Come to my office tomorrow.
你叫什么名字? -彼得包恩
What’s your name? – Pettibone.
彼得包恩? -不是
Pettibone? – Not really.
别声张,闭上你的嘴
Lay low and keep your mouth shut.
我已经很累了 -去到这个地址
I’m tired anyhow. – Go to this address.
很舒适的家
Nice homey place.
他们会照顾你 告诉他们佛莱德让你来的
They’ll take care of you. Tell them Fred sent you.
这里是五十元定金 -等等,我马上告诉你
Here’s $50 on account. – Wait, I’ll tell you in one minute.
你忘记告诉我市府检验员要干嘛
You forgot to tell me what a city sealer does.
很难吗? – 容易,非常容易
– Easy. Very easy.
很好,因为我的健康问题,我太太…
Good, because my health isn’t what my wife…
我们也会解决 -我太太?
We’ll fix that too. – My wife?
对,什么都会解决 走吧
Yes, fix anything. Go ahead.
他们还在电♥话♥上
They’re still on the phone.
叫他们开枪射杀 -但是缓刑令!
Tell them to shoot to kill. – But the reprieve!
继续照我说的做 -嗨,奥森
Go ahead and do as I tell you. – Hello, Olsen.
开枪射杀,这是命令 话传下去
Shoot to kill. That’s the orders. Pass the word along.
赏金五百元 -开枪的人赏金五百元
$500 reward. – $500 for the man who does it.
我马上到
I’ll be right over.
嗨,海蒂
Hi, Hildy.
你黑吃黑的土狼
You double-crossing hyena.
这次你让鲍德温先生冠上什么名义?
What’d you pull on Mr. Baldwin this time?
谁,我?-你和那个白子
Who, me? – You and that albino of yours.
伊文琦琳不是白子 -她会一直做到有人来代替
Evangeline’s no albino. – She’ll do, till one comes along.
她在这里出生
She was born in this country.
如果她试过做别的,她就会待在这个国家
If she tries anything else, she’ll have to stay in this country.
你带钱来了吗? -有,四百元
Did you bring that money? – Oh, yeah, $400.
四百五
$450.
好吧,你不能责怪别人去尝试
All right, you can’t blame a guy for trying.
给我收据 -我会给你刀疤
Give me a receipt. – I’ll give you a scar.
你有很多
You got plenty of them.
我还要拿回鲍德温的皮夹
I’ll take Mr. Baldwin’s wallet too.
鲍德温先生的什么? -他的皮夹,拜托,路易
Mr. Baldwin’s what? – His purse. Come on, Louie.
好了海蒂 我因为你才这么做,因为我喜欢你
All right, Hildy. I’ll do it for you because I like you.
告诉你的金主要小心点,明白我的意思?
But tell your financier to be more careful, know what I mean?
我会借他你的铜指扣
I’ll loan him a pair of your brass knuckles.
别这么说,我来拿
Don’t talk that way. I’ll take that.
我会带到车站 -等等!
I’ll take it to the station. – Wait a minute!
带到第二十七区 告诉警♥察♥这怎么发生的
Take it to the 27th Precinct and tell the cops how this happened.
我不能这么做,柏斯会告发我的
I couldn’t do that. Burns would turn me in.
主意不坏 -这里,接住!
Not a bad idea. – Here, catch!
路易!
Louie!
嗨,接线生,海蒂强森 你能不能帮我接…
Hello, operator. Hildy Johnson. Will you get me…
放下电♥话♥!
Drop that phone!
算了
Never mind.
你不会告诉别人我在哪
You won’t tell anybody where I am.
厄尔,把枪放下
Put that gun down, Earl.
你不想杀我的,我是你的朋友,记得吗?
You don’t want to shoot me. I’m your friend, remember?
我在写关于你“实用”的报导
I’m writing the story on you of production for use.
对,“实用”-你不想伤害你的…
That’s right. Production for use. – You don’t want to hurt your…
别动!也许你是我的朋友,也许不是
Don’t move! Maybe you’re my friend, maybe not.
但别再靠近
But don’t come nearer.
在这疯狂的世界,你不能相信任何人
You can’t trust anybody in this crazy world.
我不怪你,我也不相信任何人
I don’t blame you. I wouldn’t trust anybody either.
别这么做 放回去,放回去
Don’t do that. Put it back. Put it back.
如果你什么玩把戏,我就会杀了你,我从这里就行
If you try any tricks, I’ll shoot you. I can do it right from here.
当然,你并不想杀人
Sure you don’t want to do that. You don’t want to kill anybody.
你说得对 我不想杀人
No, you’re right. I don’t want to kill anybody.
我也是这么想 -等等,你要去哪?
That’s what I thought. – Wait a minute. Where are you going?
我要关门,所以没人会看见你
I was going to close the door so nobody’d see you.
才不是这样,你要去找人
No, you weren’t. You were going to get somebody.
但我不要,我只想要静一静
But I don’t want that. All I want is to be left alone.
我不会去叫人 -你会的
I won’t get anybody. – You will.
你会再叫人抓我,我不会让你这么做,我不会…
You’ll get them after me again. I won’t let you do that. I won’t…
给我 -我想我用完子弹了
Give me that. – I guess I fired all the shells.
我真的很累 -那个枪声,他们会知道你在这
I’m awful tired. – That shot. They’ll know you’re here.
我不在乎
I don’t care.
我不怕死,我告诉那个家伙 当他把枪交给我时
I’m not afraid to die. I told the guy that when he handed me the gun.
安静!-半夜叫醒我
Quiet! – Waking me in the middle of the night.
跟我说他们都不懂的事
Talking about things they don’t understand.
闭嘴
Shut up.
我希望他们带我回去把我吊死
I wish they’d take me back and hang me.
如果你闭嘴,他们真会来的
They will if you don’t keep quiet.
我没办法再这样过日子
I couldn’t go through another day like this.
你以为我行?