Don’t forget that.” To…
“真希望我有枪
“I wish I had a gun
能毙了你的混♥蛋♥教官”
so I could shoot that dickhead drill sergeant of yours.”
我的外公外婆抛下了他们熟悉的一切
My grandparents just left everything they knew behind
只靠外公车上能装下的行李重建生活
and started over with what they could fit in Papaw’s truck.
是啊
Yeah.
我爸也是一样
Yeah, that’s… that’s like my dad.
他一无所有来到这里
He came here with nothing.
他必须自己找出路
He had to just find his way.
我想这就是外婆最让我难过的地方
I think that’s what kills me the most about Mamaw.
我从来都没跟人说过
I never got to tell people.
她对我有多么重要
Just how much she meant to me.
她病了很久
She’d been sick a long time,
但她去世时 我还是无法…
but when it happened, I couldn’t…
我无法相信她真的走了
Yeah, I couldn’t, like, believe she was actually gone.
真希望我能认识她
Wish I could have met her.
我也希望
Yeah, me, too.

Yeah.
你到哪了
Where are you now?
堵车太严重 我只好开下了90号♥公路
I had to get off I-95 because the traffic was so bad.
我在小路上 大概一小时后到
I’m on some side street. I’ll be there in about an hour.
一小时
An hour?
-你赶不上面试了 -我知道
– You’re not gonna make it. – I know.
我也没办法 乌莎
I don’t know what to do, Usha.
你能跑一趟 告诉他们我马上就到吗
Can you go down there and tell him I’m on my way, please?
好 没问题
Yeah, yes, I can do that.
好 我一会再打给你
Okay, I’ll call you right back.
好吗 没问题的 小心开车
Okay? It’s gonna be fine. Drive safe.
我曾经两次需要拯救
Twice I’ve needed to be rescued.
第一次是外婆救了我
The first time it was Mamaw who saved me.
JD·万斯
J.D. Vance?

Yeah.
第二次是她的教诲救了我
The second, it was what she taught me.
我们的出身决定我们的身份
That where we come from is who we are,
但我们每天都在为自己的人生做选择
but we choose every day who we become.
我的家人并不完美
My family’s not perfect,
但他们成就了今天的我
but they made me who I am
为我提供了他们从未有过的机会
and gave me chances that they never had.
不管我的未来如何
My future, whatever it is,
都是我们共同的成就
is our shared legacy.
很高兴再次见到你
Good to see you again.
谢谢你
Thank you.
很高兴能来这里
I’m glad to be here.
2013年 JD从耶鲁法学院毕业
2016年 他出版了回忆录《绝望者之歌♥》
2014年 他与乌莎结婚
为了离家人近些 搬回了俄亥俄州
现在他们和两个儿子住在辛辛那提
琳赛与丈夫凯文和三个孩子住在米德尔顿
他们结婚已有二十二年
贝弗也住在米德尔顿
她是一名清洁工和簿记员
她尽量多抽时间陪伴孙辈
她已经戒毒六年

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!