In fact, use the big hammer.
好的 长官
Yes, sir.
赶紧的 用大锤 领导都说了 行动起来
Come on, use the big hammer. You heard the man. Let’s go.
小心点
Watch out.
女士
Ma’am.
我们的传达人员可以把你的文件取来的 Dorothy
Our runner can pick up your work, Dorothy.
你应该好好工作 用不着浪费时间跑腿
You need to be working, not walking.
现在是休息时间 女士 没关系的
Oh, it’s break time, ma’am. No trouble at all.
既然你都来了
Since you made the trip…
就把那批资料带回去吧
you can take that batch over there.
好啊 Mitchell女士
Sure thing, Mrs. Mitchell.
你还有别的需要吗 – 是的 女士
You need something else? – Yes, ma’am.
我想问问您知不知道
I was wondering if you know
技术区那边在装配什么
what they’re building over in the tech wing.
那叫IBM
It’s called an IBM.
大型服务器主机
A mainframe machine.
据说 它可以在一瞬间
Apparently, it can do our calculations
完成我们的计算工作
in a fraction of the time.
哦
Hmm.
那对NASA来说真是好事了
I guess that’s good for NASA.
还等什么 最好一趟都搬回去吧
Hurry on, now. Best if you do it in one trip.
借过一下
Excuse me.
你好
Hi.
你在看什么 Paul
What are you looking at, Paul?
算得对吗
Is that correct?
对
Yeah.
那是谁算的
Whose work is that?
我说 那是谁算的
I said, whose work is that?
Katherine Goble 长官
Katherine Goble, sir.
你好 – 你好
Hello. – Hi.
你怎么会知道红石
How did you know the Redstone
无法支撑轨道飞行
couldn’t support orbital flight?
那是机密信息
That’s classified information.
是最高机密
It’s top secret.
红石测试一直失败的原因算不上机密啊
It’s no secret why the Redstone tests keep failing.
亚轨道飞行没问题
It’s fine for sub-orbital flight
但红石无法承住太空舱的重量
but it can’t handle the weight of the capsule
再推它入太空
and push it into space.
数字不会撒谎
Numbers don’t lie.
你就是靠这些算出来的吗
And you figured all that out with this?
一半数据都被涂改过了
Half the data is redacted.
但还是有迹可循的
But what’s there tells a story
只要字里行间细细推敲
if you read between the lines.
升空地点到环形轨道的距离 是已知的
The distance from launch to orbit, we know.
红石火箭的质量 是已知的
Redstone mass, we know.
水星太空舱的重量 是已知的
Mercury capsule weight, we know.
而相关速度都包含在这份数据中
And the speeds are there in the data.
你推算出来的
You did the math.
是的 长官
Yes, sir.
我没有拘泥于眼前所见
I looked beyond.
你怎么发现擎天神火箭的
How do you know about the Atlas rocket?
那跟数学无关
That’s not math.
擎天神的信息不在这上面
That data is not here.
如你所言 那是机密信息
Like you said, it’s classified.
我对着灯光看见了被涂的信息
I held it up to the light.
你对着光看的
You held it up to the light?
是 长官
Yes, sir.
还真的能看到
Well, there it is.
嗯
Mmm-hmm.
擎天神
Atlas.
你叫什么名字
What’s your name?
Katherine Goble
Katherine Goble.
你是间谍吗 Katherine
Are you a spy, Katherine?
什么
Am I what?
我问你是苏联间谍吗
I said, are you a Russian spy?
不 长官
No, sir.
我不是苏联人
I’m not Russian.
她不是苏联人 长官
She’s not Russian, sir.
好 那我们就没什么好怕的
All right then, we have nothing to lose here.
给她所有她需要的数据
Give her everything she needs
让她计算Shepard的飞行轨迹
to work on Shepard’s trajectories.
不要涂改数据 清楚了吗
Without redaction. Are we clear on that?
确定要这么做吗
Are we sure about this?
有什么问题吗 Paul
What’s the issue, Paul?
她都说了
You heard her.
她不是间谍
She’s not a spy.
我只是觉得这么做不太好
I just don’t think it’s a good idea.
你知道应该怎么做才好吗 用更深的墨水
You know what I think’s a good idea? Darker ink.
既然要用墨水颜色就得更深才行
I think darker ink’s a good idea.
Ruth 你能帮忙交接吗
Ruth, could you pass it along?
好的 长官
Yes, sir.
谢谢 Katherine
Thank you, Katherine.
谢谢 长官
Thank you, sir.
审问到此结束
This interrogation’s over.
有了它你可以大展身手 出入自♥由♥了
You can probably get to the moon and back with this.
可还是不能乱进洗手间
Just not the bathroom.
至少他们没有对你的功劳视而不见
At least they’re not blind of what you do.
很快我们的工作就不重要了
It’s not gonna matter soon.
那个IBM会让我们集体下岗的
This IBM’s gonna put us all out of work.
你好吗 – 我们该怎么办
How you doing? – What can we do about it?
只有一个办法
Only one thing to do.
尽可能多学习 提高自身价值
Learn all we can, make ourselves valuable.
无论如何
Somewhere down the line,
掌握最终决定权的还是人类
a human being is gonna have to push the buttons.
没错
That’s right.
我的天
Oh, mercy.
这位肯定是迷路了啰
Well, she must be lost.
NASA不会特许女性
NASA doesn’t commission females
参与工程师培训项目
for the Engineer Training Program.
任何符合条件的申请人都有资格申请那个名额
That position is available to any qualified applicant.
对 但是你的学历背景不符合要求
Right. Except, you don’t have the educational requirements.
我有双硕士学位
I have a bachelor’s degree
数学和自然科学
in mathematics and physical science.
和这里绝大多数工程师是一样的
It’s the same as most engineers around here.
可我们现在要求额外进修课程
Well, we now require advanced extension courses
还得在弗吉尼亚大学完成进修
through the University of Virginia.
员工手册里注明了 在附录部分
It’s in the employee handbook. In addendum.
之前没注意的话 现在可以看看
In case you haven’t read it.
每当我们有机会领先
Every time we have a chance to get ahead…
他们就把终点线挪得更远
they move the finish line.
我只是按规定办事
I just follow the rules around here.
我也希望我的每一个下属
And I expect everyone who works for me
都能遵守规定
to follow them as well.
没人享有特殊待遇
There are no special circumstances for anyone.
有份工你们就应该感恩了
Y’all should be thankful you have jobs at all.
“如若申请人无法前往”
“For those that cannot attend classes”
“弗吉尼亚大学修习课程”
“at the University of Virginia…”
“此进修课程同样开设于”
“advanced extension courses are available”
“汉普顿高中”
“the Hampton High School.”
那还是一所种族隔离学校 Mary
That’s still a segregated school, Mary.
在弗吉尼亚 布朗告赢教育局的案子
Virginia acts like Brown versus Board of Education
布朗诉托皮卡教育局案 此案判定种族隔离学校政策违反了宪法
好像没发生一样
never happened.
他们永远不会让一个有色人种女性
They are never gonna allow a colored woman
到白人专属的校园里上一节课
to just take classes at an all-white school.
可不是嘛
Well, sounds about right.
你就没别的话说吗
That’s all you gonna say?
我总不能坐在这里一整天
I’m not gonna sit here all day
听你不停抱怨既定现实吧
and listen to you complain about the way things are.
我们在打牌呢
We’re trying to play cards.
向法庭请♥愿♥ 想要就去争
Petition the court. Fight for what you want.