Stop quoting your slogans at me.
达成目的的方法并不只有一种
There’s more than one way to achieve something.
我不想吃蔬菜
I don’t want any greens.
嘿 不是教过你不许插嘴吗
Hey, I tell you about interrupting?
来 尝尝这个 宝贝
Here, try this, baby.
蔬菜你也得吃
You gonna eat them greens too.
小孩子得吃蔬菜
Kids need to eat their vegetables.
你要是顾着点家就会知道了
You’d know that if you was ever home.
你最好消停一下 Levi Jackson
You better settle down, Levi Jackson.
除非你想让本妇人在这抒发一下感想
Lest you want this female’s mind right here,
当着所有人的面
in front of everybody.
我只是想说
All I’m saying…
别犯傻
Don’t play the fool.
我不想看见你受伤害
I don’t want to see you get hurt.
NASA就没把你们女的当回事
NASA’s never ever given you gals your due,
拿再多学位你也改变不了这一点
having a couple of extra degrees ain’t gonna change that.
公民权利并非永远公正民♥主♥
Civil rights ain’t always civil.
我也不想吃蔬菜
I don’t want any greens either.
不准顶嘴 娇小姐
No lip, little miss.
你哥哥要吃蔬菜 你也得吃
Your brother gets them, and so do you.
我听说他打算扎根在这了
I hear he’s planning on staying in the area.
是嘛 那很好啊
Well. That’s good for him.
Katherine 找个由头凑上去啊
Katherine, go find your way over there.
这个Jim上校真是高大英俊
That Colonel Jim is a tall glass of water.
可不是 人长得挺高 也强壮 还很有威严
That he is. Tall. Strong. Commanding.
我敢打赌他白天黑夜都如此孔武霸道 – Mary拜托
And I bet he’s like that day and night. – Mary.
今天可是圣洁的周日 你能有点羞耻心吗
It’s Sunday. Please, have some shame.
我偏不
I will not.
哟 我觉得他在朝着这边笑呢 – 对着你哦
Mm. I think he’s smiling over here. – At you.
那我也不能对他笑回去
I’m not smiling back.
明明笑眯了 – 妞儿 你早就笑得见牙不见眼了
Yes you are. – Child, you’re all teeth right now.
我才没有
I am not.
他往这边来了 – 什么 他为什么要过来
He’s coming over. – Now, why would he be doing that?
因为Mary在对他招手啊 – 别呀 姐♥妹♥们♥ 我还没
Because Mary’s waving at him. – No! Ladies, I’m not..
太晚了 把你耳边的头发理理
Too late. Fix your hair on the side.
你好啊 上校
Hello, Colonel.
我是Dorothy Vaughan 这位是Mary Jackson
I’m Dorothy Vaughan. That’s Mary Jackson.
你应该已经见过她丈夫Levi了
I believe you met her husband, Levi.
是的 太太 很高兴见到你们
Yes, ma’am. Good to meet you all.
这位是Katherine Goble女士
And Mrs. Katherine Goble.
她是单身 是个寡妇
She’s not married. She’s a widow.
生了三个美丽的女儿 教养得很优秀
With three beautiful little girls, so well-behaved.
就像是在人间的天使 大家都这么说
Angels on earth, is what we’d like to call ’em.
Dorothy 去吃块派怎么样 – 乐意之极
Dorothy, slice of pie? – I’d love one.
不好意思
Excuse me.
你已经有一块派了 Doro
You already have a slice of pie, Doro..
嗯 我就是在给我三个宝贝女儿弄点吃的
Well, I was just fixing my three babies some plates.
我能帮忙吗
May I help you?
好啊 那个水果沙拉
Sure. Ah! Fruit salad!
神父提到你是在NASA当计算员
Pastor mentioned you’re computer at NASA.
没错 – 都做些什么啊
Yes. – What’s that entail?
我们负责计算核查重要的算式
We calculate the mathematics necessary
确保太空计划中升空与着陆的成功
to enable launch and landing for the Space Program.
这么重要啊 – 是啊 没错
Pretty heady stuff! – Yes, it is.
他们居然让女人来处理这种
They let women handle that sort of..
我不是那个意思
that’s.. not what I mean.
那你是什么意思
What do you mean?
我只是 只是惊讶 毕竟这事特别艰巨
I am.. just surprised something so.. taxing.
Johnson先生
Mr. Johnson.
我要是你 就赶紧闭上嘴
If I were you, I’d quit talking right now.
我无意出言不逊
I don’t mean any disrespect.
你听好了 我是西弗吉尼亚大学研究生院
I’ll have you know, I was the first Negro female student
首位黑人女学生
at West Virginia University Graduate School.
我的日常 就是分♥析♥压差数值
On any given day, I analyze the manometer levels
包括排气量 摩擦力 速率
for air displacement, friction and velocity.
还要完成上万笔计算
And compute over 10,000 calculations
处理余弦 平方根 最近还用起了解析几何
by cosine, square root and lately Analytic Geometry.
全靠手算
By hand.
有20名聪颖能干的黑人女性
There are 20 bright, highly capable Negro women
效力于西区计算组
in the West Computing Group,
我们为能给祖国做出一份贡献而感到自豪
and we’re proud to be doing our part for the country.
所以 没错
So, yes.
女人在NASA也能派上用场 Johnson先生
They let women do some things at NASA, Mr. Johnson.
并非贪图我们裙下风光
And it’s not because we wear skirts.
而是因为我们有眼界和思想
It’s because we wear glasses.
祝你今天愉快
Have a good day.
Scott 欢迎来兰利
Scott, welcome to Langley.
欢迎来兰利 – 欢迎
Welcome to Langley. – Welcome.
你们能来 我们欢迎之至 先生们
Good to have you here, gentlemen.
谢谢
Thank you.
那是Alan Shepard 美国海军飞行员
That’s Alan Shepard, U.S. Navy pilot.
他可能会成为第一个进入太空的人
He could be the first man in space.
那是Scott Carpenter和Walter Schirra
And that’s Scott Carpenter and Walter Schirra…
也是海军飞行员
also Navy pilots.
他们身高都没到1米8 体重不到80公斤
All under 5’11”, 180 pounds.
智商高于130
IQs over 130.
长相英俊一定也是重要指标
And handsome must be a requirement too.
你怎么对这些白人男性这么有兴致
How could you possibly be ogling these white men?
人人平等
It’s equal rights.
我有权发掘不同肤色下的美
I have the right to see fine in every color.
那是John Glenn 他是唯一的海军陆战队飞行员
And that’s John Glenn. He’s the only Marine Corps pilot.
先生们 时间差不多了 之后还有很多安排
Gentlemen, if we may, much to see around here.
我们都没来得及和大伙都握手呢
Well, heck, we haven’t shaken all the hands yet.
我们日程很紧凑 上校
We have a fairly tight itinerary, Colonel.
Ruth 由他去吧
Ruth, he’s fine.
他朝这边走过来了 – 眼睛直线向前看
He’s coming this way. – Look straight ahead.
我要盯着他看
I’m looking right at him.
各位女士 我不想招呼都不打就走
Ladies, I didn’t wanna run off without saying hello.
好像这边时间安排得挺紧的
Seem to be in a big rush around here.
苏联人可没有慢下来的意思
The Russians certainly aren’t slowing down any.
他们连个冰箱都他妈造不出来
They can’t build a damn refrigerator.
怎么居然早我们一步上了太空呢
How the heck did they beat us into space?
几位女士在NASA负责什么工作
And what do you ladies do for NASA?
计算你们的飞行轨迹 升空和着陆
Calculate your trajectories. Launch and landing.
没有数据 哪儿也去不了
You can’t get anywhere without the numbers.
没错
No, sir.
我是Mary Jackson Glenn先生 工程部的
Mary Jackson, Mr. Glenn. Engineering.
能与你共事我感到无比荣幸
And I’m proud as the devil to be working with you.
谢谢你 Mary
Thank you, Mary.
John
John.
John 进去再说吧 – 好的 长官
John, let’s take it inside. – Yes, sir.
伙计们 – 很高兴认识你们
Guys. – Nice meeting you guys.
谢谢 上校 – 好运 先生
Thank you, Colonel. – Good luck, sir.
上帝保佑你们
God bless you all.
谢谢 棒极了
Thank you. That’s wonderful.
谢谢
Thank you!
Harrison先生要你帮忙确认
Mr. Harrison wants you to confirm
红石火箭测试的升空和着陆安排
launch and landing for the Redstone rocket test.
我无法检验我看不到的数据 Stafford先生
I cannot work on what I cannot see, Mr. Stafford.
看不清啊
It’s illegible.
这些数据已经被人反复核查过了
Those numbers have already been confirmed
包括部门两名工程师 还有我本人
by two engineers in this department and myself.
在你手上基本就是走个形式
This is more or less a dummy check.
门是这么宽 我们需要两个这么宽 扩大两倍 明白吗
You have one, we make it two. Make it double, okay?
必须这样 一定要办妥
We gotta get it. Just make it happen.
就没人想到得先量好尺寸吗
No one thought to measure these things?
恐怕没有 长官
I’m afraid not, sir.
您想我们先停下来吗
Well, would you like us to stop?
不是 只是
No. No, just…
算了 别停 就接着弄吧
Actually, no. Just keep going.
干脆 用这个大锤头吧