Take the desk in the back. I’ll get your work in a bit.
Harrison先生不会在你身上费心的 别多想
Mr. Harrison won’t warm up to you, don’t expect it.
埋头工作 低调做事
Do your work, keep your head down.
谢谢
Thank you.
去吧 安置下来
Go on. Get settled.
Paul
Paul,
怎么隔热罩的隔板还在往下掉
Why are we still losing shingles off the heat shield?
是这样 我们是根据太空舱的模拟雏形在调整 Al
Well, We’re working with a prototype of the capsule, Al.
舱盖尺寸只有实际大小的三分之一
Its lid is one third the size of what it’s going…
这我都知道 那么
I get that. So..
咱那价值百万的风扇怎么办好呢 Karl
What do we do with our million dollar fan, Karl?
风力调小吗 – 不 Al 那可不行
Turn it down? – No, Al I don’t think…
嘿 刚刚只是个玩笑
Hey! That was a joke.
Paul 要是隔热罩脱落了
Paul, if the heat shield comes off,
你说咱们的航♥天♥员会是什么下场啊
what do you think happens to our astronaut?
我明白的
I know.
那么我们得
So we’re gonna..
我们就得想出解决方案 对不对
we’re gonna come up with a solve, right?
是的 长官 我们正在努力
Yes, sir. We’re working on it.
Ruth 那计算员找得怎么样了
Ruth, what’s the status on that Computer?
她就站在你身后 Harrison先生
She’s right behind you, Mr. Harrison.
她会算解析几何吗
Does she handle Analytic Geometry?
当然了 而且她自己会说话
Absolutely. And she speaks.
是的 长官 我会
Yes, sir. I do.
会哪样 – 两样都会
Which one? – Both.
几何和说话
Geometry and speaking.
Ruth 把那个给我
Ruth. Give me that.
你觉得你能
Do you think you..
你能帮我算出这组数据的弗莱纳标架吗
You think you can find me the Frenet frame for this data,
就用格拉姆-施密特 -正交化算法是吗
using the Gram-Schmidt – With Orthogonalization algorithm.
没问题 长官
Yes, sir.
比起欧式坐标 我也更倾向于弗莱纳标架
I prefer it over Euclidean coordinates.
好 那就好
OK. Good.
很好 这样的话 你今天下班之前交过来给我
Good. Then, I’m going to need it by the end of the day.
好的
Yes.
我还想你来负责检查Stafford先生的运算
I’m also going to ask you to check Mr. Stafford’s math
这里其他人的也一样 都需要时不时检查
as well as others on this floor from time to time.
我能 那个我能搞定的 Al
I can.. I can handle that, Al.
你当然能搞定啦 Paul 大家都觉得能搞定呢
I’m sure you can, Paul. I’m sure they all can.
要真是这样的话
But if that were the case,
隔热罩的隔板就不会掉个没完了 不是吗
Shingles wouldn’t be flying off the heat shield now, would they?
不好意思 大家能听我说几句吗
Excuse me, could I have everyone’s attention for a moment?
谢谢大家 就是
Thank you. Just a..
就声明一下
Just to be clear..
最多再过14天 水星计划的7名成员就要来受训了
In 14 days the Mercury 7 will be here for training.
我不用想也知道
And I have no doubt in my mind that
他们会就我们的工作提出一堆问题
they’re going to be asking us questions about our work.
我觉得问再多问题也是人之常情
I think that’s a pretty reasonable,
毕竟我们是要将一个大活人
giving we’re putting a human..
绑在一颗导弹上 将他发射到太空
on top of a missile and shooting him into space,
可以说是开天辟地头一回了
and it’s never been done before.
正是因为史无前例
And because it’s never been done.
此刻和届时我们的一举一动都至关重要
Everything we do between now and then is going to matter.
这事关系到他们的妻子
It’s going to matter to their wives.
他们的孩子
To their children.
依我看 这他妈还将关系到全国上下
I believe it’s going to matter to the whole damn country.
所以我们太空任务组要做到名副其实
So this Space Task Group will be as advertised.
作为全美国最好的工程师与科学家
America’s greatest engineering and scientific minds
你们绝不会介意自己的工作被人检查几遍的
are not gonna have a problem with having their work checked,
对不对 Paul
are they, Paul?
没错 长官
No, sir.
很好 大家一起说声阿门 管他妈的
Good. So let’s have an amen, damn it.
阿门
Amen.
阿门
Amen.
很好
All right!
我的数据绝对精确
My numbers are spot on.
我保证一定会细心复查 长官 请放心
I’ll double check them, sir. No problem.
我这样没办法 – 能看出多少检查多少
I’m not gonna be able to.. – Work on what you can read.
其余都是机密资料 你没有权限知道
The rest is classified. You don’t have clearance.
不好意思
Excuse me…
我能问一下女士洗手间在哪吗
May I ask you where the ladies’ room is?
抱歉 我不知道你们的洗手间在哪
Sorry, I have no idea where your bathroom is?
好的 先生
Yes, sir.
啊 是的
Ah! Yes.
Ruth – 我在 Harrison先生
Ruth! – Yes, Mr. Harrison.
那个算数的女孩人呢
Ruth, where’s that girl with the numbers?
她在 休息
On a… break.
我们现在还能休息了
We take breaks now?
我的天 你上哪儿去了 都算好了吗
My God, where have you been? Are you finished yet?
差不多了 他不是说下班之前交就行吗
Almost. He said about the end of the day?
这里没有所谓的下班 他们从昨天到现在都没动弹
The end of the day around here was yesterday.
先把那堆给我算好
I need those done first.
他要你先把那堆算好
He wants those done first.
好的 – 赶紧啦
OK! – Get going.
我很抱歉
I’m sorry about that.
现在已经有人在处理了
Somebody is working on it right now.
Harrison先生
Mr. Harrison.
哦 好了 就放那吧 就那
Yeah! Oh, just set up, you know.
Stafford为隔热罩做的运算都对吗
And Stafford’s heat shield calcs?
很难确认 长官
It’s hard to be sure, sir.
很难确认啊
Hard to be sure.
你知道我们这儿是做什么的吗
You know what we’re doing here?
试图把人送上太空 长官
Trying to put a man into space, sir.
是啊
That’s right.
是啊 所以你可以把那沓纸扔垃圾桶了
That’s right. So you can throw that in the trash.
抱歉什么
Excuse me?
我说你可以扔掉那些了
I said you can throw it away.
扔这
Here.
无意贬低你的工作成果 只不过这
It’s not an insult to your work. It’s just..
已经废了 这里的节奏就是这么快
Obsolete. That’s how fast things are moving around here.
如果我为每次无用功道歉 我得说上一整天
If I said I was sorry, I’d be saying it all day.
我希望你 也希望楼下那间房♥的每一个成员
What I’m asking you to do, what I’m asking everyone in that room,
我那帮天才下属 都不要拘泥于一排排数字
all my… geniuses, is to look beyond the numbers.
留心数字以外的原理
To look around them.
参透数字背后的意义
Through them.
为未知的问题寻求解答
For answers to questions we don’t even know to ask.
推演出尚不成立的算法
Math that doesn’t yet exist.
否则 我们哪里都去不了
Because without it, we’re not going anywhere.
你看 我们还被困在地上
I mean, we’re staying on the ground.
我们没能在太空飞翔
We’re not… flying into space.
我们没能绕地球环航
We’re not.. circling the earth.
我们更没能贴近月亮
And we’re certainly not touching the moon.
可我的心
And in my mind..
我的心已经飞到了很远的地方
In my mind, I’m already there.
你呢
Are you?
我也一样 长官
Yes, sir.
那就好
Good.
因为我这里不缺只会戳计算器的聪明姑娘
Because I don’t need another smart girl with an adding machine.
我能走了吗 长官
Can I go, sir?
要走了吗 可以 走吧
Yeah? Go. yeah, Go.
嗯 你能走了
Yes, you can go.
我们等好几个小时了
We’ve been waiting for hours.
下回再这样 你就去搭巴士吧
Next time you take the bus.
她心情不好
She’s in a mood.
过去十年里我一天都没迟到过
I haven’t been late one day in ten years.
从没请过病假
Haven’t been out sick.
从没有过怨言
Haven’t complained.
永远准时交付工作
My work’s on time.
次次都做对 样样都做好
It’s done right. It’s done well.
就是不公平嘛 事实如此
It’s not fair, that’s a fact.
最不公平的是 明明担下了主管的活儿

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!