a bomb will follow.
咱们的好点子最终都演变至此
That’s what happens to all our good ideas.
料想他们的也是一样
I imagine theirs too.
那机器在哪
Where..where’s the machine?
随时会到 Harrison先生
Any day now, Mr. Harrison.
随时会到 – 是的 长官
Any day now. – Yes, sir.
它叫什么来着
What’s it called?
首字母简称 – IBM
The initials… – The IBM.
国际商业机器
International business machines.
太空成了一桩生意
Space is a business.
我需要个数学家
I need a mathematician.
我会提交这份新申请的 长官 – 又要申请
I’ll put in another request, sir. – Another request.
我的天 在这整幢楼里就没有一个人,
Jesus Christ! We don’t have a single person in this entire building
能算好解析几何吗
that can handle Analytic Geometry?
据我所知没有
That’s what I’ve been told.
你倒是说点好听的啊 Ruth
Well, tell me something else, Ruth.
比如我们能找到胜任的人
Like we’re going to find such a person
最好在苏联人连他妈月球都抢占之前
before the Russians plant a flag on the damn moon.
真的很开心
A real good time.
好了 Gloria
All right, Gloria.
你去工程部 在四号♥楼
You’ll be with engineering, building four.
女士们 女士们
Ladies, ladies
要是拖拖拉拉的 你们就分不到活儿
If you’re tardy, you don’t get an assignment.
如果没活儿可干 你们就会失去工作
If you don’t get an assignment you don’t have a job.
Eleanor 负责数据缩减 去202号♥楼
Eleanor. Data Reduction, Building 202.
数据缩减啊
Data Reduction?
要么 你也可以换去
Well. You’re welcome to join
和磁等离子动力学的那帮人才作伴
the charmers in Magnetoplasma dynamics.
噢 不了 女士
Oh! No, ma’am.
谢谢 数据缩减挺好的
Thank you, Data Reduction’s just fine.
Mary – 到
Mary. – Present.
水星计划的模拟雏形机到了 预备开始测试
The Mercury 7 prototype has arrived for testing.
Zielinski先生点名要你过去
Mr. Zielinski’s requesting you.
并且是长♥期♥任务
For permanent assignment.
你认真的吗 – 快动身吧
Are you serious? – Get moving.
啊 谢谢你 老天啊
Oh! Thank you, Jesus!
感谢 天呐 太感谢了 – Mary
Thank you, Jesus! Oh! Thank you. – Mary
收敛点
Keep it inside.
知道了 对不起 Dor
OK. I’m sorry, Dor.
好了 迟到的这位
All right, Mrs. Late.
你也去协助东区计算组
You’ll also be supporting the east group.
Mitchell女士
Mrs. Mitchell.
今早工资翻倍算 姑娘们
We’re on double time this mornin’, girls.
我需要在午餐前得到这批计算结果
I need these calculations before lunch.
太空任务组需要一个计算员 越快越好
The Space Task Group needs a computer, ASAP.
得是擅长解析几何的
Someone with a handle on Analytic Geometry.
我们东区计算组没有一个入他们法眼的
We can’t fill the position outta the East Group.
长♥期♥的还是临时的
Permanent or temp?
什么都是临时的 Dorothy
Everything’s temporary, Dorothy.
你有人选吗 – 有的 女士
You have someone? – Oh! Yes, ma’am.
Katherine就是不二人选
Katherine’s the gal for that.
和数字有关的都难不倒她
She can handle any numbers you put in front of her.
我去查一查她的资历
I’ll check her credentials.
真没想到我还得大老远跑这儿来
Didn’t think of I’d come all the way down here.
拿着 帮我把这些分完
Here. Finish passing those out.
好的女士
Yes, ma’am.
Mitchell女士
Mrs. Mitchell!
打扰一下
If I could.
有关我担任主管的申请 女士
My application for supervisor, ma’am.
只是想问问
Was just wondering
他们是否还在考虑我接任的可能性
if they’re still considering me for that position.
这件事啊
Yes.
正式决定是 不考虑
Well, the official word is: no.
他们没打算为有色人种小组任命一个长♥期♥主管
They’re not assignin’a permanent supervisor for the Colored Group.
我能问问为什么吗
May I ask why?
我哪知道”为什么”
I don’t know “Why.”
我也没问”为什么”
I didn’t ask “Why.”
我们需要一个主管 女士
We need a Supervisor, ma’am.
自从Jansen女士生病 我们就没了主管
We haven’t had one since Ms. Jansen got sick.
如今都快一年了
It’s been almost a year.
目前这里的运作都还正常啊
Things are workin’ just fine as is.
那是因为我正在做主管的工作
I’m doing the work of a Supervisor.
NASA就是这样了
Well. That’s NASA for ya.
火箭制♥造♥势如破竹 调职晋升寸步难行
Fast with rocket ships. Slow with advancement.
把那批轨迹推算结果弄好
Get those trajectories calcs worked out.
红石测试需要用到的
We need them for the Redstone test.
马赫1风洞测试 倒计时1分钟
Mach 1 tunnel test, T-1 minute.
鞋子可没你的命值钱
No shoe is worth your life.
请等一下
One.. One moment!
倒计时 十 九
T-minus ten, nine,
八
eight,
七
seven,
六 五 四
six, five, four…
把它关掉
Shut it down.
如果我们把外层的平滑面改为波纹面
If we alter the exterior from smooth to corrugated,
太空舱或许能更稳定些
the capsule might have more stability.
但是在重返大气层时 摩擦力会变小
But the friction, it’s under during re-entry..
绝大多数被腐蚀的防护罩
Most shield erosion occurs
都是在后端 紧靠倒助推器的部分
on the posterior side abutting the retro-boosters.
有何高见
Conclusion?
离助推器最近的区域 最接近热源
The area closest to the boosters is closest to the heat.
加上重返大气层时温度会不断升高
Coupled with rising temperatures on re-entry,
连接处受热会软化
the contact softens.
我们可以考虑用其他紧固件来代替螺栓
We could consider another fastener other than bolts.
是的
Yes.
没错
Yes.
工程师培训项目还剩一个名额
There’s another opening in the Engineer Training Program.
用平头铆钉可以减小风阻
Flat head rivets would reduce wind drag.
Mary 有工程师的头脑 就该投身工程师行业
Mary! A person with an engineer’s mind should be an engineer.
你不能一辈子都做计算员
You can’t be a Computer the rest of your life.
Zielinski先生
Mr. Zielinski.
我是一名黑人女性
I’m a Negro woman.
我不会去挑战不可能
I’m not gonna to entertain the impossible.
我还是个波兰犹太人 父母都死在纳粹集中营了
And I’m a polish Jew whose parents died in a Nazi prison camp.
此刻我却安然站在一架宇宙飞船下
Now I’m standing beneath a space ship,
它即将载着一名航♥天♥员奔向星辰大海
that’s going to carry an astronaut to the stars.
所以说 我们的生活充斥着不可能
I think we can say, we are living the impossible.
我问你
Let me ask you..
如果你是一名白人男性
If you were a white male,
你会想成为工程师吗
would you wish to be an engineer?
还用想吗 那我一定已经是了
I wouldn’t have to. I’d already be one.
裙子长度必须过膝
Skirts must be worn past the knee.
穿针织衫比罩衫更适宜
Sweaters are preferred to blouses.
不能佩戴饰品
No jewelry.
简单款珍珠项链除外
A simple pearl necklace is the exception.
你的主管是Al Harrision先生
Your supervisor is Mr. Al Harrison.
太空任务组的总监
Director of the Space Task Group.
你就负责写研究报告 验证计算 诸如此类的
You’ll write research, proof calculations, so forth.
不要找Harrison先生说话 除非他来找你
Don’t talk to Mr. Harrison unless he talks to you.
没几个计算员能在这儿待得长久
Not many Computers last more than a few days,
这段时间他基本每月踢出去一个
He’s been through a dozen in as many months.
来吧 快跟上
Come on, keep up.
这里节奏很快的
Things move fast around here.
这是你的通行证
Your clearance.
他们这儿从没招过有色人种 Katherine
They’ve never had a colored in here before, Katherine.
别让我丢脸
Don’t embarrass me.
昨晚的垃圾没有清理
This wasn’t emptied last night.
不好意思 我不是
I’m sorry. I’m not the..
楼管
custodian.
打扰一下 女士 我是Harrison先生的新计算员
Excuse me, ma’am. Mr. Harrison’s Computer reporting.
坐里面那张桌 我一会儿就给你安排工作