I’m not paying any of you!
要我吗 – 暂时的 嗯
Me? – Temporarily. Yes.
Glenn升空需要用到IBM机器
We need the IBM for Glenn’s launch.
主任工程师说你懂程序卡
The Lead Engineer says you’re good with the cards,
熟悉编程之类的
programming and such.
那这里的姑娘们怎么办
What about the girls here?
计算人员无法在有限时间内计算出轨道飞行数据
Human computers can’t calculate an orbital flight in the time we have.
她们暂且待命 – 那”暂且”后呢
They’ll stay put for now. – What about after “Now”?
Glenn升空任务结束后 NASA会解散计算员组
After the Glenn launch, NASA’s dissolvin’ the Computing Groups.
恕我不能接受这次调动
I’m not accepting reassignment.
除非 让我带上这些姑娘
Unless, I bring my ladies with me.
你说什么
Excuse me?
我们需要大量的人力才能给那台机器编程
We’re going to need a lot of manpower to program that beast.
我一个人可做不来 这些姑娘随时能开工
I can’t do it alone. My girls are ready.
她们可以胜任
They can do the work.
女士们
Ladies!
我们调职了
We’ve been reassigned.
计算器就丢下吧
Leave your calculators.
我们要去的地方用不着这些
You won’t need them where we’re going.
欢迎 各位女士
Welcome, ladies!
你知道你的工作职责吗 Paul
Do you know what your job is, Paul?
在这帮天才中间 慧眼识出精英
To find the genius among those geniuses.
带领我们所有人迈向高峰
To pull us all up.
我们要么一起登顶
We all get to the peak together,
要么 全军覆没
or we.. don’t get there at all.
好 那晚安了 长官
Yes. Well. Good night, sir.
我不知道我几点能到家
I don’t know what time I’m coming home.
9点才下课
The class ends at 9.
你有话要说吗
You got something to say?
就是想着你能用上这个
Thought you might need these.
可以装不用粗细的铅笔芯
You can refill them with any weight lead you want.
看到吗 你这样按一下上面
See, you just hit the top like this.
笔芯就出来了
Lead comes out.
你装一根新笔芯进去
You put the new lead in..
就 又是一根新铅笔了
And.. New pencil.
你会成为一名出色的工程师
You will make a fine engineer.
真的吗 – 是的
You think so? – Yes.
没人能够阻挡Mary Jackson实现梦想
And nobody dare stand in the way of Mary Jackson’s dreams.
我也不能
Myself included.
别再惹我生气了 – 遵命 夫人
Don’t make me mad again. – Yes, ma’am.
也别害我迟到
And don’t make me late either.
你想迟到吗 我可以配合你呀
You wanna be late, I’m gonna make you late.
你不会迟到啦
You won’t be late.
好了 先生们
All right, gentlemen.
今天要讲普朗克-爱因斯坦关系式
Tonight we discuss Planck-Einstein.
说到波长关系
The wavelength relationships…
有事吗
Yes?
我是Mary Jackson 已经注册入学了
I’m Mary Jackson. I’m enrolled.
但这门课的教学大纲中没有提到如何教
Well. The curriculum is not designed for teaching…
女性
A woman.
我想 和教男人是一样的
Well, I imagine it’s the same as teaching a man.
我没有看到标有色人种的区
I don’t see a colored section.
是随便坐吗
Should I just take any seat?
谢谢
Thank you.
好吧 普朗克-爱因斯坦
Ok. Planck-Einstein…
棘手的是如何能让太空舱
The problem is when the capsule moves
从椭圆形轨道转到抛物线形轨道
from an elliptical orbit to a parabolic orbit.
这时没有可以套用的数学公式
There’s no mathematical formula for that.
我们能计算升空和着陆数据
As we can calculate launch and landing,
但如果不转轨道
but without this conversion,
太空舱将留在轨道上 无法回到地球
the capsule stays in orbit, we can’t bring it back home.
也许一直以来我们都想错了
Maybe we’ve been thinking about this all wrong.
怎么说
How’s that?
也许根本不用新的数学原理
Maybe it’s not new math at all.
也许是老的运算法则
It could be old math.
要从某种数字的层面来解读
Something that looks at the problem numerically,
而不是理论
and not theoretically
数学永远是可靠的
Math is always dependable.
是对你而言
For you it is.
用欧拉法
Euler’s Method.
欧拉法 – 没错
Euler’s Method? – Yes.
太古老了吧 – 但是有用
That’s ancient. – But it works!
在数字上能行得通
It works numerically.
就是这个没错
That’s it!
把它打出来吧
Let’s type it up.
Dorothy
Dorothy.
Mitchell女士
Mrs. Mitchell.
您今天加班吗
You’re working late today?
好像总得加班
Seems always happened that way.
是啊 好像
Yes. Seems to.
谢谢
Thank you.
我听说IBM已经全面运转了
I hear the IBM is up to full capacity.
你真的有两把刷子
You certainly have a knack for it.
我父亲教过我一些机械知识
My father taught me a thing or two about mechanics.
其实 我们东区组有几个姑娘
You know, I have a few girls in the East Group
有兴趣多学学这方面的知识
that have an interest in learnin’ more about it.
这确实是大势所趋
It is the future.
如果你不介意 我可以带她们过去
I may bring them by, if it’s all the same to you.
这事我做不了主的 女士
That’s not my decision. Ma’am.
要主管才能决定
That would be the supervisor’s.
嗯 没错
Yes. That’s true.
那么 晚安Mitchell 女士
Well. Good night, Mrs. Mitchell.
听我说 Dorothy
You know, Dorothy…
你或许有所误会
Despite what you may think..
我对你们并没有偏见
I have nothin’ against ya’ll.
我知道
I know.
我知道你可能真的这么以为
I know you probably believe that.
晚安 Katherine
Good night, Katherine.
晚安
Good night!
妈妈 – 嘿 宝贝
Mamma. – Hey, baby.
妈妈 – 你们好呀
Mamma. – Hi! Hey!
千万别告诉我 我错过了谁的生日
Please don’t tell me I miss someone’s birthday.
不 你没有 – 不 你没错过 妈妈
No, you didn’t – No, you didn’t, mamma.
女士 您的座位
Madame… Your seat.
感谢宝贝 等等 是我过生日吗
Thank you. Well, wait, is it my birthday?
不是啦 妈妈
No, mamma.
你们看着都好漂亮啊
You’re all look so pretty.
妈妈 怎么回事嘛
Mamma, What’s going on?
晚上好 Katherine
Good evening, Katherine.
所以你不说点什么吗 – 轮不到我开口
So, you are not gonna say anything? – It’s not my place.
你们也不说吗
You, either?
好吧 我可不打算这样耗一晚
Okay, I’m not going to do this all night…
哦 我的妈妈呀 这是给我的吗
Oh, mother of mercy. That’s for me?
你不开心吗 妈妈 – 没有
Are you sad, Mamma? – No!
没事的 妈妈 – 他是个好男人
It’s okay, Mamma. – He’s a good man.
我知道 我知道 我只是 有点忍♥不住
I know. I know. I just. I can’t help it.
他还没有问你呢
He hasn’t even asked you yet.
我知道 但是他要问 你要问的 对吗
I know, but he is.. You are, right?
如果你们让我开口
If ya’ll let me.
继续呀 她都哭了呢 – 嘘
Go on. She’s already crying. – Harsh!
这是我母亲的戒指 – 它真美
This was my mother’s ring. – It is beautiful!
她跟我父亲结婚已经 – 52年了
She and my father were married for.. – For 52 years.
我想着这该是世上最幸运的戒指了
I figure it’s about as lucky as a ring as you can get.
我遇见你的那天 我打电♥话♥给我母亲
The day I met you, I called my mother…
我说 妈 我遇到了我想要娶的女人
I said mom, I met the woman I want to marry.
你母亲说什么
What’d she say?
她说 那女孩不一般吧 Jimmy 一定很特别
She said, she must be something, Jimmy. Really something.
那你怎么说呢
Then what’d you say?
我说 不 她岂止不一般 她胜过一切
I said no, she is more than something, she is everything.
我本来想搞浪漫一点的
Now, I planned on this being more romantic.
我晚点补偿你 – 没关系的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!