of the changes..we we can’t keep up.
我需要第一时间得知一切变数
I need those changes as they occur.
正如你所说 临界点是关键
As you said, it’s a pin head.
Katherine 这活儿就是这样
Katherine, that’s the job.
是你自己申请要参与这个项目的
And you asked for this assignment,
手头有什么 你就算什么
so just calculate with what you have.
否则我们会另请高明
Or we’ll find someone who can.
好了
Okay.
这才像话
Atta girl.
你在这儿干什么呢 你不能进来
What the hell are you doing? You can’t be in here.
你是什么人
Who are you?
我是西区计算组的
I’m with the West Computing Group.
我叫Dorothy Vaughan 先生
Dorothy Vaughan, sir.
这可是非常精密的设备
This is a very delicate piece of equipment.
抱歉 先生 我只是想帮忙
I’m sorry, sir. I’m just trying to be helpful.
得了吧 – Bill 出来数字了
Uh-huh. – Bill, we’ve got numbers.
什么数字
What kind of numbers?
哟 真他么
Well, I’ll be…
你叫什么名字来着
What’s your name again?
Dorothy Vaughan
Dorothy Vaughan.
Dorothy Vaughan
Dorothy Vaughan.
长官 这是友谊7号♥的参数
Sir, the parameters for Friendship 7.
这些已经没有意义了
Oh, this is all moot.
我们要调整太空舱的窗户
We’re altering the window on the capsule.
什么时候决定的
When did this happen?
6分钟前 质量有变 重新开始做吧
6 minutes ago. The mass is changing. Start over.
长官 如果我能出席简报会的话 我就能跟进
Sir.. If I could attend briefings.. I could stay current..
Katherine 我们都讨论过了 不可能的
Katherine, we’ve been through this. It is not possible.
没有女性出席简报会的章程可循
There’s no protocol for women attending.
也没有人类环绕地球的章程可循啊 长官
There’s no protocol for a man circling the Earth either, sir.
好吧 但现实就是如此
OK. That’s just the way things are.
Glenn上校的升空坐标
Colonel Glenn’s launch coordinates
根据太空舱窗户的变化修改好了 长官
accounting for the window change, sir.
我告诉过你 计算员不能在报告上署名 去改掉
I’ve told you this: Computers don’t author reports. Fix it.
这些是我的计算数据 署上我的名字理所应当
Those are my calculations. My name should be on it.
不是这么规定的
But it is not the way this works.
Paul 怎么回事
Paul. What’s happening here?
Harrison先生 我希望能出席今天的简报会
Mr. Harrison, I’d like to attend today’s briefing.
为什么 – 长官 数据的变动太过频繁
Why’s that? – Well, sir, the data changes so fast.
太空舱在改变
The capsule changes.
它的重量和着陆区域每天都在改变
The weight and the landing zones are all changing everyday.
我算好数据 你们不断出席简报会
I do my work, you attend these briefings.
我就又得重头来过
I have to start all over.
Glenn上校再过几周就要升空了
Colonel Glenn launches in a few weeks.
我们到现在连计算方式都没能确定
We don’t have the math figured out yet.
她为什么不能出席啊
Why is it she can’t attend?
因为她没有通行权限 Al
Because she doesn’t have clearance, Al.
这样我没办法高效工作
I can not do my work effectively
我需要掌握全部的数据
if I do not have all of the data,
还要获得实时更新的信息
and all of the information as soon as it’s available.
我得进到那个房♥间 和你们一起听简报
I need to be in that room, hearing what you hear.
国防部简报会不对平民百姓开放
Pentagon Briefings are not for civilians.
要持有最高权限许可才准入的
It requires the highest clearance.
我觉得我才是讲解我的数据的最佳人选
I feel like I’m the best person to present my calculations.
你不进去是不会罢休的是吗 – 对 不罢休
You’re not gonna let this go are you? – No, I’m not.
让她进去 她可是个女人啊
Let her in? She’s a woman.
没有女性出席这种简报会的
There’s no protocol for a woman attending…
章程可循 – 好好 知道了 Paul
these meetings. – Okay, I get that part, Paul.
但在这种场合 由谁做主
But within these walls, who… makes the rules?
您做主 长官 您最大
You, sir. You’re the boss.
您只需要表现出做主的气势 长官
You just have to act like one. Sir.
你得保持安静
You keep quiet.
谢谢您
Thank you.
早安
Good morning.
各位先生早
Gentelmen.
这位是Katherine Goble
This is Katherine Goble
就职于NASA轨迹及升空时机规划部
with our Trajectory and Launch Window Division.
她的工作与今天的会议内容密切相关
Her work is pertinent to today’s proceedings.
过来吧 给她找个座吧
Come on. Wanna get her a chair?
我们已经确定了升空时机
We have a confirmed launch window..
给她找个座 – 好的 长官
Get her a chair. – Yes, sir.
我们已经确定了友谊7号♥的升空时机
We have a confirmed launch window for friendship 7.
我们接着讨论它的着陆区域
Let’s discuss a landing zone.
海军方希望能定下单个着陆区
The Navy needs a singular landing zone.
我们能够帮助回收打捞的范围只有20平方英里
20 miles square is what we can service for retrieval.
超出了这个范围 舱体回收就会有风险
Outside of that, we risk the capsule’s recovery.
我们希望能定三个可能的接应区
We’d like 3 possible recovery areas.
我们的打捞面覆盖不了半个海洋
We can’t cover half the damn ocean.
无意冒犯 但我们的太空舱每天都在调整
With all due respect, our capsule’s being altered daily.
舱体绕地飞行时 目前速度预测是多少了
We’re orbiting the Earth at… what’s the speed now?
每小时17544英里
17,544 miles per hour.
这是火箭将舱体推进低轨道时的速度
At the time the rocket delivers the capsule into low space orbit.
这么快 超速罚单可不得了
That’s one hell of a speeding ticket.
好 现在我们掌握了时速和升空时机
OK. So we have the vehicle’s speed, the launch window and…
眼下为了方便讨论 着陆区域就暂定于巴哈马群岛
for argument’s sake, the landing zone is The Bahamas.
这样应该可以推算回程临界点了吧
Should be enough to figure the Go/No Go?
嗯 理论上来说可以 长官
Yeah! In theory, sir.
都到了这份上 不能再空谈理论了
We need to be past theory at this point.
我们会通过以上信息来计算回程的临界点的
We’ll be able to calculate a Go/No Go with that information.
那什么时候才能算好
When exactly is that gonna happen?
Katherine
Katherine.
露一手吧
Have a go at it?
太空舱重返大气层的临界点
The Go point for re-entry is 2,990 miles
和Glenn上校的预期着陆点相差2990英里
from where we want Colonel Glenn to land.
假设着陆点位于巴哈马群岛的话
If we assume that’s The Bahamas.
届时舱体以每小时17544英里的速度 进入大气层
At 17,544 miles per hour…upon re-entry..
370英尺
…370 feet..
下降角度
At a descent angle..
约为46.56度
of 46.56 .. degrees..
距离
Distance…
速率的平方 正弦
Velocity square, sin…
重力的平方
Gravity square…
正弦 32 英尺
Sin… 32 feet…
那么距离就是
And the distance will be…
20530372英尺
20,530,372 feet,
或2990公里
or 2,990 miles,
或46.33度
or 46.33 degrees.
好 那着陆区域的坐标就是
Okay! So, that puts the landing zone at…
北纬5.0667度
5.0667°North,
西经77.3333度
77.3333°West.
也就是这
which is here…
就这块儿 方圆20平方英里左右
Right here. Give or take 20 square miles.
我喜欢她算的数
I like her numbers.
谢谢
Thank you.
当然这是假设太空舱能够在准确时间点
That of course is assuming the capsule
重返大气层的情况下
hits the re-entry point exactly.
我们如何才能确保这一点
How do we insure that?
这一点我们还无法计算 先生们
That’s the math we don’t have yet, gentlemen.
我们在努力了
We’re working on it.
Katherine跟上
Katherine.
怎么这天价机器还没体现出价值啊
What’s it gonna take to make this thing worth the price tag?
我们就快弄好了 Harrison先生
We’re just getting up to speed here, Mr. Harrison.
我需要更多人力
I need more man power.
我需要编程人员 处理程序卡的人
I mean Programmers. Folks to feed the cards.
那就去找啊 赶紧的 行不行
Then get them, for crying out loud. All right?
你是管IBM的人吧 – 是的 先生
You’re the IBM man, right? – Yes, sir.
不惜一切代价把人找到
Pull them out of the sky if you have to.
赶紧把这玩意搞定
Let’s get ahead of this thing.
否则扣工资 – 明白了
Or I’m not paying you. – understood
我来 这个我来
I got one, I got that one.
你们都别想要工资

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!