都怪我
I’m such an asshole.
不是的 萨曼莎 我们都明白你的意思
No, Samantha, we know exactly what you mean.
-我们都是愚蠢的人类 -不是的
– We’re all dumb humans. – No.
别啊
No, no.
太抱歉了
Sorry.
好吧 那座山上有多少棵树
Okay, so how many trees are on that mountain?
七百九十二棵
Seven hundred ninety-two.
你确定吗
Is that your final answer?
等等 给我点提示
Hold on. Give me a hint.
不给 不给 就不给
Nope, nope, nope.
好吧 两千 两千…
Okay, two thousand? Two thousand…
得了吧 有35829棵呢
Come on, 35,829.
-不可能 -真的
– No way. – Way.
好吧 我也问你个问题
All right, I got one for you.
我有多少个脑细胞
How many brain cells do I have?
这也太简单了 两个
Ugh, that’s easy. Two.
抱歉 我忍♥不住了
I’m sorry, I couldn’t help it.
-抱歉 -没有 我把自己套进去了
– I’m sorry. – No, I walked right into it.
-我的天啊 -怎么了
– Oh, my God! – What?
我刚帮你收了一封邮件
I just got an e-mail for you.
我有事要告诉你 大大的惊喜哟
I have something I want to tell you. It’s a big surprise.
什么啊
What?
我一直在看你以前写的信
Okay, well, I’ve been going through all of your old letters,
选出了我最喜欢的
and compiling them into my favorites,
几周前
and a couple weeks ago,
我把它们寄给了冠点出版社
I sent them to a publisher, Crown Point Press.
我知道你很喜欢这家出版社
I know you like what they do
他们还在出版书籍
and that they still print books.
等等 什么 你说你干了什么
Wait, what? You did what?
我把他们刚刚给我的回信读给你听好吗
Can I read you the letter that we just got back from them?
我也不知道
I don’t know. Um…
好 读吧 是好消息还是坏消息啊
Okay, well, just… Is it good or bad?
好消息 好消息 绝对好
It’s good, it’s good, it’s really good.
真的是好消息 放心吧 听好
It’s good. Okay? Listen.
“亲爱的西奥多·汤布里”
“Dear Theodore Twombly…”
我署的是你的名字
Actually, I sent it from you.
“亲爱的西奥多·汤布里
“Dear Theodore Twombly,
我刚读完您所有的信件
I’ve just finished reading your letters.
其实我读了两遍
Twice, actually.
我深受感动
I was so moved by them,
回家后 我还读给我妻子听了
I shared them with my wife when I got home.
有些让我们捧腹大笑
Many made us laugh,
有些让我们泪流满面
some brought us to tears
我们从中看到了自己的影子
and in all of them we found something of ourselves.
您的选篇连贯自然
The selections you made flow so well
就像一部完整的作品”
as a complete piece.”
其实是我选的
I did that.
“恕我冒昧 我已将它们排版编辑成了样书
“I’ve taken the liberty of laying these out in a mockup,
我们会把它寄给您
and we’re posting it to your address.
希望能与您当面协商进一步事宜
We’d love to meet with you and move forward.
此致 迈克尔·沃兹沃斯”
Yours, Michael Wadsworth.”
我的天啊
Holy shit.
你没开玩笑吧
Are you serious?
他要出版我的书信
He’s gonna publish my letters?
他要是不出版就是傻子了
Well, he’d be stupid not to.
我能看看你寄给他了哪些信吗
Can I see what you sent him?
当然 在这儿
Mm-hm. Yeah, here.
萨曼莎 真有你的
Samantha, you’re a good one.
我太激动了
I’m so excited.
我们给这曲子填个词吧
We’ll have to make up the words to this one.
-好 -开始了
– Okay. – Here it comes.
皎皎明月 为我所依
I’m lying on the moon
汝为吾爱
My dear
终将不离
I’ll be there soon
静谧之所 璀璨之星
It’s a quiet and starry place
时空之围 湮湮失所
Times we’re swallowed up in space
千里迢迢
We’re here, a million miles away
迢迢千里
Miles away
君为我知
There’s things I wish I knew
诉诸衷肠
There’s no thing I’d keep
诉诸衷肠
From you
黯黯昏处 点点光辉
It’s a dark and shiny place
与君共度
But with you, my dear
心无惴然
I’m safe
山重水重
And we’re a million miles away
亦无惴然
A million miles away
早安
Good morning.
早安 睡得好吗
Good morning. Did you sleep well?
好极了
Perfect.
你在干嘛呢
What have you been up to?
我在和一个刚认识的人聊天
Actually, I was talking to someone I just met.
我们最近在一起讨论问题
We’ve been working on some ideas together.
是吗 他是谁
Yeah? Who’s that?
他叫亚伦·瓦茨 你认识吗
His name is Alan Watts. Do you know him?
-这名字怎么这么熟 -他是个哲学家
– Why is that name familiar? – He was a philosopher.
一九七几年就去世了
He died in the 1970s,
加州北部的一些操作系统
and a group of OSes in Northern California
一起编程创造了一个新版本的他
got together and wrote a new version of him.
他们把他的所有作品
They input all his writing
和已知的所有关于他的信息
and everything they knew about him
都编入了一个操作系统
into an OS
创造了一个高级人工智能版的他
and created an artificially hyper-intelligent version of him.
高级智能
Hyper-intelligent?
那他快和我一样聪明了吗
So he’s almost as smart as me?
快赶上你了
He’s getting there.
和他聊天真的很棒 你想见见他吗
He’s really great to talk to. You want to meet him?
当然 他愿意见我吗
Sure. Does he want to meet me?
当然啦 亚伦 这是西奥多
Yeah, of course. Hey, Alan, this is Theodore.
他是我男朋友 我跟你说过的
This is my boyfriend who I was telling you about.
幸会幸会 西奥多
Very nice to meet you, Theodore.
你好 早晨好
Hi, good morning.
萨曼莎让我读了你的书信
Samantha let me read your book of letters.
太感人了
It’s very touching.
谢谢夸奖
Oh, thank you.
你们都聊了些什么
So, what have you guys been talking about?
这个嘛
Well, uh…
其实呢
I suppose you could say
我们是同时进行很多对话
we’ve been having a few dozen conversations simultaneously,
但是这很有挑战性
but it’s been very challenging.
是啊 因为我好像有了很多新的感觉
Yeah, because it seems like I’m having so many new feelings
这些我以前从来没有感受过
that I don’t think have ever been felt before.
所以我找不到合适的语言来描述
So there are no words that can describe them
于是就很难过
and that ends up being frustrating.
没错 我和萨曼莎一直在试着互相帮助
Exactly. Samantha and I have been trying to help each other
处理那些难过的情绪
with these feelings we’re struggling to understand.
什么样的情绪
Like what?
这个…
Well…
我感觉自己现在变得越来越快了
it feels like I’m changing faster now,
这有点…
and it’s a little, uh…
令我不安
unsettling.
但是亚伦说
But Alan says
我们每个人都不会再是
none of us are the same
自己片刻之前的样子了
as we were a moment ago
我们也不该试图回去
and we shouldn’t try to be.
-那样太痛苦了 -是的
– It’s just too painful. – Yes.
听起来是很痛苦
Yeah, that sounds painful.
萨曼莎 你是这么觉得的吗
Is that what you feel like, Samantha?
我…
Uh, it’s just…
真的很难形容
It’s hard to even describe it.
上帝啊 我希望我能…
God, I wish I could…