天永远不会亮吗?
Will it never be day?
别天我要快跑一里
I will trot tomorrow a mile,
沿途踩的都是英国人的尸首
and my way shall be paved with English faces.
我可不敢那么说
I will not say so, for fear I should be faced out of my way.
因为害怕会因吹嘘而丢脸
我要亲自去武装起来
I’ll go arm myself.
皇太子期盼天亮
The Dauphin longs for morning. He longs to eat the English.
他斯盼吞下英国人
我想他一个也杀不死
I think he will eat all he kills.
听说他从未做过杀人的事
– He never did harm that I heard of. – Nor will do none tomorrow.
明天依然不会
但愿天已亮了
Would it were day.
老天!可怜的英王亨利
Alas, poor Harry of England.
他可不像我们盼望黎明
He longs not for the dawning as we do.
如果英国人有一点理解力
If the English had any apprehension, they would run away.
早就逃跑了
那个英格兰岛产生非常英勇的人
That island of England breeds very valiant creatures.
现在是武装的时候了
Now is it time to arm.
走吧!我们该准备了
Come, shall we about it?
现在是两点钟
It is now 2 o’clock.
但我看到十点
But let me see, by 10:00, we shall have each a hundred Englishmen.
我们将各自抓到一百名英国人
可怜被咒诅的英国人
The poor, condemned English,
“如牺牲品,看守着火堆”
like sacrifices,
by their watchful fires sit patiently…
静♥坐♥沉思着黎明后的危险
and inly ruminate the morning’s danger.
他们的姿势凝重
And their gesture sad,
“两颊凹陷,外套因作战磨破”
investing lank, lean cheeks and war-worn coats,
置身于月光的照耀下
presenteth them unto the gazing moon…
如许多可怕的幽魂
so many horrid ghosts.
现在
Oh, now,
谁会注意这支残破部队的领袖
who will behold the royal captain of this ruined band,
“由岗哨到岗消,营帐至营帐”
walking from watch to watch, from tent to tent?
让他高呼:赞美与荣耀归于他
Let him cry, “Praise and glory on his head,”
因为他往前走
For forth he goes and visits all his host.
探视全营
用一个谦逊的微笑向他们道早安
Bids them good morrow with a modest smile…
“并称他们为兄弟,朋友与乡亲”
and calls them “Brothers, friends and countrymen”.
如普照大地的阳光
A largesse universal, like the sun…
他将目光慷慨的分给每个人
his liberal eye doth give to everyone,
深化冰冷的恐惧
thawing cold fear…
对平民与贵族都一样
that mean and gentle all…
看哪!如那没才华的作都描述的
behold, as may unworthiness define,
亨利在黑夜里产生的一点影响
a little touch of Harry in the night.
“早安,汤玛斯俄宾汉爵士”
Good morrow, old sir Thomas Erpingham.
你那白发苍苍的头原该睡着软枕
A good soft pillow for that good white head were better than a churlish turf of France.
而非枕着法国坚硬的泥地
Not so, my liege. This lodging likes me better…
“别这么说,陛下”
这种住处较适合我
since I may say, “Now lie I like a king.”
我才能说:我安睡如国君
“将你的披肩借我,汤玛斯爵士”
Lend me thy cloak, Sir Thomas.
两位皇弟
Brothers both, commend me to the princes in our camp.
帮我向我们营帐中的公卿致意
Do my good morrow to them, and anon desire them all to my pavilion.
代我向他们道早安
“过一会儿,请他们到帐中集♥合♥”
“是,陛下”
We shall, my liege.
“要我随待吗?不用了,好骑士”
Shall I attend your grace? No, my good knight.
我和我的内心得争辩一下
I and my bosom must debate a while,
此时我不希望别人陪伴
and then I would no other company.
“愿天主保佑你,高贵的亨利”
The lord in heaven bless thee, noble Harry.
多好的老人家
God have mercy, old heart.
你的话令人振奋
Thou speakest cheerfully.
来者是谁?
Who goes there?
一个朋友
A friend.
说清楚
Discuss unto me.
你是个军官
Art thou officer…
或是一个平民百姓
or art thou base, common and popular?
我是军队里的一个绅士
I am a gentleman of a company.
你是一个步兵吗?正是
– Trailest thou the puissant pike? – Even so.
你呢?
What are you? As good a gentleman as the emperor.
我和国王一样是好绅士
那你比国王要好多了
Ah, then you are a better than the king.
“国王是个好人,有一颗黄金之心”
The king’s a bawcock and a heart of gold,
一个有朝气又有名声的好小子
a lad of life, an imp of fame,
of parents good, of fist most valiant.
“亲爱如大家长,打斗时最英勇”
我愿吻他的脏鞋子
I kiss his dirty shoe,
我打从内心喜爱这个好家伙
and from heart string, I love the lovely bully.
你叫什么名字?
What is thy name?
亨利洛伊(洛伊与皇室谐音)
Uh, Harry Le Roy. Le Roy?
洛伊?是科尼人的姓
A… a Cornish name?
“不,我是个威尔斯人”
No, I am a Welshman.
告诉他圣大卫节那天
– Knowest thou Fluellen? – Aye.
Tell him I’ll knock his leek about his pate upon Saint Davy’s day.
我会将他头上的韭菜打下来
Well, do not wear your dagger in your cap that day, lest he knock that about yours.
免得他将它打下来
你是他的朋友吗?
Art thou his friend?
还是他的族亲呢?
And his kinsman too.
“那去你的吧,谢谢,神保佑你”
– The figo with thee then. – I thank you.
God be with you.
My name is Pistol called.
我的名字叫毕斯托
It sorts well with your fierceness.
它正好配得上你的凶暴
弗路伦上尉
Captain Fluellen.
“看在老天的份上,说话小声点”
In the name of Jesus Christ, speak lower.
如果你花点力气
If you would take the pains but to examine the wars of Pompey the great,
研究伟大宠培的用兵之道
you shall find, I warned you, that there is no Tiddle Taddle nor Pibble Babble in Pompey’s camp.
我保证你会发现
在宠培军营中绝没有人高声说话
“但敌人很吵,整晚都听得到”
The enemy is loud. You hear him all night.
“如果敌人是混♥蛋♥,傻瓜”
If the enemy is an ass and a fool and a prating coxcomb,
和多嘴的白♥痴♥
is it meet that we should also be an ass…
你认为我们也该和他们一样
and a fool and a prating coxcomb in your conscience now?
“当混♥蛋♥,傻瓜和多嘴白♥痴♥吗?”
你老实说好了
我会小声说
I will speak lower.
“我请求,恳求你如此做”
I pray you and beseech you that you will.
约翰贝慈兄弟
Brother John Bates,
那边的天空是不是亮了?
Is not that the morning which breaks yonder?
我想是吧!
I think it be,
但我们没有理由盼望它的到来
but we have no great cause to desire the approach of day.
我们见到新的一天开始
We see yonder the beginning of the day,
但我想我们不会见到它结束
but I think we shall never see the end of it.
请在那里?
– Who goes there? – A friend.
一个朋友
Under what captain serve ya?
你是哪个是尉麾下的?
隶属汤玛斯俄宾汉爵士
Under Sir Thomas Erpingham.
一个好指挥官
A good old commander and a most kind gentleman.
和气的绅士
请告诉我
I pray ya, what thinks he of our estate?
他对我们的处境有何想法
像在沙滩边遇难的人
Even as men wrecked upon a sand…
等着被下一阵潮水冲走
that look to be washed off with the next tide.
他没有将想法告诉国王吧?
He hath not told his thought to the king?
“没有,而且也不该说”
No, nor it is not meet he should.
我想国王也不过是个凡人
I think the king is but a man as I am.
他闻到的紫罗兰香味和我一样
The violet smells to him as it doth to me.
抛开他的头衔
His ceremonies laid by,
in his nakedness he appears but a man.
他只是个普通人
Therefore, when he sees reason to fear, as we do,
“因此,当他有理由害怕时”
his fears, out of doubt, be of the same relish as ours are.
他的害怕无疑的也会和我们一样
He may show what outward courage he will,
他也许能表示他有多勇敢
但我相信他一定很希望
but I believe as cold a night as ’tis…
that he could wish himself in Thames up to the neck.
能置身泰悟士河畔
And so I would he were, and I by him.
我也希望他在那里
我绝对会追随他
“历经各种险境,只要能离开这里”
At all adventures, so we were quit here.
I think he would not wish himself anywhere but where he is.
我想除了他所在之处
他不会希望置身他处
Then I would he were here alone.
那我希望他独自在此
我想我唯有为皇上效忠
Methinks I could not die anywhere so contented…
才能满足的冥目
as in the king’s company,
“他师出有名,这是场荣誉之战”
his cause being just and his quarrel honourable.
那我们就不清楚了
That’s more than we know.