因为你即使将皇冠藏在心中
For if you hide the crown, even in your hearts,
他都会在其中扫寻
there will he rake for it.
因此他会变得凶残暴怒
Therefore, in fierce tempest is he coming,
“如天神使风云变色,地动山摇”
in thunder and in earthquake, like a Jove,
“若他的要求不成,他会强迫你”
that if requiring fail, he will compel.
“这便是他的要求,他的威胁”
This is his claim, his threatening and my message.
及我的使命
Unless the Dauphin be in presence here,
除非皇太子也在此地
我也得代为向他致意
to whom expressly I bring greeting to.
“关于皇太子,正是本人”
For the Dauphin,
I stand here for him.
英王有何见教?
What to him from England?
拆责与反抗
Scorn and defiance,
“轻视,缈视”
slight regard, contempt…
及任何我们英明圣上认为
and anything that might not misbecome the mighty sender,
“符合你的本质,都一并送给你”
doth he prize you at.
我的皇上如是说
Thus says my king.
即使我父亲有平和的答复
Say, if my father render a fair return, it is against my will,
那也违反我的意志
for I desire nothing but odds with England.
因为我衷心期盼与英国一战
为此目的
And to that end, as matching to his youth and vanity,
同时也为与他的年少轻狂匹配
I did present him with the Paris balls!
我才送他巴黎网球
他会使你的巴黎罗浮宫因而颤抖
He’ll make your Paris Louvre shake for it.
“请相信我,你会发现”
And be assured you’ll find a difference,
一如我们身为他的子民奇异发现
as we, his subjects, have in wonder found,
他年少时及今天身为国君的差异
between the promise of his greener days and these he masters now.
明天你将能获知我们的答案
Tomorrow…
shall you know our mind at full.
“于是,随着想像之翼”
Thus with imagined wing our swift scene flies,
场景以比思想更快的速度变换
in motion of no less celerity than that of thought!
“努力,努力发挥想像”
在其中看见围城
Work, work your thoughts, and in them see a siege!
看大炮在它们的马车上
Behold the ordinance on their carriages,
将致命炮口对着被包围的哈弗勒
with fatal mouths gaping on girded Harflew.
想像大使由法国回来告诉亨利
Suppose the ambassador from the French comes back,
tells Harry that the king does offer him Katherine, his daughter,
法王愿将女儿凯瑟琳下嫁
and with her to dowry, some petty and unprofitable dukedoms.
陪嫁的是一些无用无价值的领地
The offer likes him not.
他不喜欢这个提议
And the nimble gunner with linstock now the devilish cannon touches,
现在敏捷的炮手点燃巨炮的火♥药♥
城墙应声倒塌
and down goes all before them!
“再次冲向城墙缺口,亲爱的朋友”
再次冲刺
Once more unto the breach, dear friends!
否则用我们的英国死尸封闭城墙
Once more, or close the wall up with our English dead!
“太平时,大丈夫就得谦逊宁静”
In peace there’s nothing so becomes a man as modest stillness and humility.
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
但是当战炮声传入耳中时
then imitate the action of the tiger!
便该模仿猛虎的举动
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
“蓄势待发,血脉喷张”
disguise fair nature with hard-favored rage.
用狂暴怒火伪装善良心性
Then lend the eye a terrible aspect.
为双眼灌注可怕的目光
Let it pry through the portage of the head like the brass cannon.
让它如铜炮由眼中射出
Let the brow o’erwhelm it as fearfully as doth a galled rock…
让双眉悬挂其上
如被浪花拍打的岩石
悬吊在受狂野暴♥乱♥的海侵蚀的
o’erhang and jetty his confounded base,
峭壁上一般令人心惊胆颤
swilled with the wild and wasteful ocean.
“现在咬紧牙关,张大鼻孔”
Now set the teeth and stretch the nostril wide,
“凝住气息,将精神提升到最高点”
hold hard the breath and bend up every spirit to his full height!
冲!冲!最高贵的英国人
On, on, you noblest England!
别令你的母亲蒙羞
Dishonour not your mothers.
“让生下你,你稍为父亲的人增光”
Now attest that those whom you called fathers did beget you.
“还有你们,好农民”
And you, good yeoman, whose limbs were made in England,
你们是英国健儿
show us here the mettle of your pasture.
让我们见识你们的身手有多好
Let us swear that you are worth your breeding, which I doubt not!
让我们能说你们未辱没她
这点我毫不怀疑
For there is none of you so mean and base that hath not noble luster in your eyes!
因为没有任何出身低等的人
拥有你们眼中的高贵热爱
我看见你们如被约制的猎犬
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips, straining upon the start.
在起跑点上紧张着
The game’s afoot! Follow your spirit,
“比赛已开始,随你们的意志行事”
and upon this charge, cry, “God for Harry,
在这次冲刺中
“大叫”“天佑亨利”“”
“England and Saint George!”
英国和圣乔治!
“天佑亨利,英国和圣乔治!”
God for harry, England and Saint George!
冲啊!
“到墙洞去,你们这些贱狗”
Up to the breach, you dogs!
Avaunt, you cullions!
滚!呆子!
弗路伦上尉
Captain Fluellen, you must come presently to the mines.
你必须立刻到地道里去
The duke of Gloucester would speak with you.
葛拉斯特公爵有话要告诉你
Tell the duke it is not so good to come to the mines.
“告诉公爵,进地道里不是好主意”
因为地道不是根据战争规则挖的
For look you, the mines is not according to the disciplines of war.
“老天,如果没有好办法”
By Cheshu, I think he will blow up all,
我们全会被炸破
if there is not better direction.
葛拉斯特公爵奉命围城
The duke of Gloucester, to whom the order…
但一切都由一个爱尔兰人在指挥
of the siege is given, is altogether directed by an Irishman.
“是麦莫利斯上尉,不是吗?”
It’s Captain Macmorris, is it not?
我想是
– I think it be. – By Cheshu, he is an ass in the world.
老天!他是天字第一号♥大混♥蛋♥
在真正的战争规则中
He has no more directions…
他一点指挥能力都没有
in the true disciplines of the wars than is a puppy dog.
连小狗都不如
他来了
Here he comes, and the Scots captain, Captain Jamy, with him.
而苏格兰的詹米上尉和他在一起
詹米上尉是个英勇无比的绅士
Oh, no, Captain Jamy is a marvellous, valorous gentleman, that is certain.
那可以确定
I say… good day, Captain Fluellen.
“我说啊…你好,弗路伦上尉”
“你好,詹母斯上尉”
Good day to your worship, good Captain James.
怎么样了?麦莫利斯上尉
How now, Captain Macmorris? Have you quit the mines?
不控地道啦?
By Christ, la.
老天!工事太糟了
The workish give over.
号♥角催促我们撤退
The trumpets sound the retreat.
我敢说实在太糟了
By my hand, ’tis ill done.
“麦莫利上尉,我请求你允许我”
Captain Macmorris, I beseech you now,
说些部份与战争规则有关的话
a few disputations as partly touching the disciplines of the war,
部份的满足我的看法
partly to satisfy my opinion…
并部份满足我讨论
and partly for the satisfaction of my mind,
军事规则指挥之事宜
as touching the direction of the military discipline. That is the point.
那才是最重要的
It is no time to discourse, so Christ save me.
“没时间放言高论,老天”
“城已包围,号♥角促我们冲向缺口”
The town is besieged, and the trumpet calls us to the breach.
“而我们除了谈天,一无贡献”
We talk, and, by Christ, do nothing.
天啊!在我的双眼合上之前
By the mass, ere these eyes of mine take themselves to slumber,
我要好好贡献一番
I’ll do good service, or I’ll lie in the ground for it.
否则我就长眼不起
Captain Macmorris, I think, look you,
“麦莫利斯上尉,我想啊…”
under your correction, there are not many of your nation.
不是之处请指正
你们的民族中没有多少人能…
我的民族怎么了?
What is my nation?
你是说我的民族是恶棍
Who talks of my nation is a villain…
“混帐,流氓和无赖吗?”
and a bastard and a knave and a rascal?
“麦莫利斯上尉,你若要将它想歪”
Look you, if you take the matter otherwise than it is meant, Captain Macmorris,
也许我该认为你并未明智的
peradventure I shall think you do not use me…
with that affability as in discretion you ought to use me, now look you,
以应有的态度来对待我
我和你一样都有是个男子汉
being as good a man as yourself.
我倒不知道你和我一样是男子汉
I do not know you so good a man as myself.
So Christ save me, I will cut off your head!
“神保佑我,我要割断你的头”
本城总督有何决定?
How yet resolves the governor of the town?
这将是我们愿做的最后一次交涉
This is the latest parle we will admit.
因此接受我最大的恩惠吧!
Therefore, to our best mercy give yourselves,
否则便知自寻死路的人
or, like to men proud of destruction, defy us to our worst.
与我们对抗到底吧!
For as I am a soldier, if I begin the battery once again,
因为身为军人
只要我再度开战
I will not leave the half-achieved Harflew…
但不会抛下已攻占一半的哈弗勒
直到她化为尘土为止
till in her ashes she lie buried.
“因此,哈弗勒的人们”
Therefore, you men of Harflew,
怜惜你们的城和人♥民♥
take pity of your town and of your people…
在我还能驾驭我的士兵之前
whiles yet my soldiers are in my command,
趁慈悲之风仍清凉温和
whiles yet the cool and temperate wind of grace…
“足以吹走残暴谋杀,掠夺恶行的”
o’erblows the filthy and contagious clouds…
恶臭带传染性的黑云之前
of heady murder, spoil and villainy!