“什么宝物,叔父?”
What… treasure, uncle?
“网球,陛下”
Tennis balls, my liege.
很高兴皇太子如此有雅兴
We are glad the Dauphin is so pleasant with us.
我们很感谢他的礼物和你的辛劳
His present and your pains we thank you for.
当我们举拍打这此球时
When we have matched our rackets to these balls,
地点将会在法国
we will in France, by God’s grace,
愿神庇佑
play a set shall strike his father’s crown into the hazard.
那场球赛将使他父亲头上的王冠
摇摇欲坠
And we understand him well,
我们很了解他的用意
how he comes o’er us with our wilder days,
他只是在取笑我们年少时的放浪
却未想到我们能如何运用它
not measuring what use we made of them.
“但是,告诉皇太子”
But tell the Dauphin I will keep my state,
我会留意我的身份
当我登上法国王位
be like a king and show my sail of greatness…
将会神气如威严堂皇的国君
when I do rouse me in my throne of France.
并告诉心情愉快的皇太子
And tell the pleasant prince this mock of his…
他的嘲弄将使这些球变成炮弹
hath turned his balls to gun stones,
他的灵魂将因随之飞来的
and his soul shall stand sore charged…
毁灭性复仇而倍受责难
for the wasteful vengeance that shall fly with them.
因为有成千的寡妇
For many a thousand widows shall this his mock,
将因此嘲弄而失去亲爱的丈夫
mock out of their dear husbands,
“使母亲失去爱子,使城♥堡♥摊塌”
mock mothers from their sons, mock castles down.
一些尚未受胎出生的孩子
And some are yet ungotten and unborn…
将有理由诅咒皇太子的轻狂
that shall have cause to curse the Dauphin’s scorn.
“因此,祝你归途平安”
So get you hence in peace,
告诉皇太子
and tell the Dauphin…
他的嘲笑只不过是浅薄巧智
his jest will savour but of shallow wit…
带来的悲泣将远胜于大笑
when thousands weep more than did laugh at it.
好好的护送他们走
Convey them with safe conduct.
再会吧!
Fare you well.
真是一段令人欣喜的话
This was a merry message.
我们希望送球的人闻之色变
We hope to make the sender blush at it.
“因此,各位大人们”
Therefore, my lords, omit no happy hour…
别错失让我们远征的大好良机
that may give furtherance to our expedition.
因为现在除了法国
For we have now no thought in us but France,
我们已经没有别的念头
save those to God that run before our business.
将它交给为我们引导致神吧?
让每个人都心有一同
Therefore, let every man now task his thought…
将此行动付诸实行
that this fair action may on foot be brought.
现在全英国的青年都热血沸腾
Now all the youth of England are on fire…
锦衣华服尽束之高阁
and silken dalliance in the wardrobe lies.
因为现在有股期待的气氛
For now sits expectation in the air…
由剑柄到剑尖包被着家族饰征
and hides a sword, from hilts unto the point,
with crowns imperial, crowns and coronets…
promised to Harry and his followers.
宣誓效忠亨利和他的随从
“幸会,尼母伍长”
Well met, Corporal Nym.
“早安,巴道夫少尉”
Good morrow, Lieutenant Bardolph.
毕斯托旗官和你重修旧好了吗?
What, are you and Ancient Pistol friends yet?
“对我而言,风才不在乎呢?”
For my part, I care not.
我说的很少
I say little,
“但在恰当时机,我会发笑的”
but when time shall serve, there shall be smiles.
不过也只好等着瞧了
But that shall be as it may.
Come, I will bestow a breakfast to make you friends,
“好了,我请你们一顿为你们缓颊”
我们三个结拜去法国去
and we’ll be all three sworn brothers to France.
“就这样办,尼母伍长”
– Let it be so, good corporal. – I will do as I may.
我自有打算
“伍长,不错,他是娶了奈儿魁利”
It is certain, corporal, that Ancient Pistol is married to Nell quickly.
她的确对不起你
For certainly she did you wrong, for you were betrothed to her.
你早已和她订婚了
“怎么了,我的店主毕斯托”
How now, mine host Pistol?
下♥贱♥的狗
Base tyke!
竟叫我店主?
Callest thou me host?
Now, by this hand, I swear I scorn the term!
我以这只手发誓反对这个称呼
我的奈儿也不再收房♥客了
Nor shall my Nell keep lodgers!
“对,我发誓,为时不久了”
No, by my troth, not long.
“因为我们不能再让十三,四个”
For we can’t lodge or board a dozen or 14 gentlewomen…
靠针线活正经谋生的妇女借住
who live honestly by the prick of their needles,
免得我们立刻被认为是开窍子的
but it shall be thought we keep a bawdy house straight.
下♥贱♥的狗!
– Pish! – Pish for thee, Iceland dog!
“好尼母伍长,表现勇气收起剑吧!”
“噢,好尼母队长”
Good Corporal Nym,
你愿跟我走吗?
show thy valour and put up thy sword.
我要杀了你
Will you shog off?
“毕斯托,如果可以我要和你挑战”
Pistol, I will prick your guts a little in good terms, as I may.
那才称我的意
That’s the humour of it.
说大话的恶棍
– Braggart vile! – Ahh, hear me when I say,
听我说句话
he that strikes the first stroke,
“先动手的人,我若不一剑刺穿他”
I’ll run him up to the hilts, as I’m a soldier.
就不算是个军人
An oath of mickle might,
“这话好不厉害,使人怒气大减”
and fury shall abate.
毕斯托店主
My host Pistol!
你得来看看我主人
You must come to my master, and you, hostess!
“她也是,女店主”
He’s very sick and would to bed.
他病得要躺下去了
“好巴道夫,将你的脸伸到床单下”
Good Bardolph, put thy face between his sheets and do the office of a warming pan.
“暖暖他的床吧,滚开,小鬼”
Away, you rogue.
“真的,他病得很重”
Faith, he’s very ill.
“说真的,国王使他心碎了”
By my troth,
the king has killed his heart.
“好丈夫,我很快就回来”
Good husband, come home presently.
“好了,让我使你们尽释前嫌吧!”
Come, shall I make you two friends? We must to France together.
我们得一起到法国去
Why the devil should we keep knives to cut one another’s throats?
为何要汲汲取对方性命?
你会还我上次赌输的八先令吗?
You’ll pay me the eight shillings I won of you at betting?
只有下♥贱♥的奴才才会还钱
Base is the slave that pays.
“凭着这把剑,先动手的我就杀他”
By this sword, he that makes the first thrust,
凭着这把剑我定会如此
I’ll kill him, by this sword, I will.
你们要是娘生的
If ever you come of women, come in quickly to Sir John.
就快来见约翰爵士
他快被每日虐的高热烧坏了
He is so shaked with a burning quotidian fever…
看了就令人哀伤
that it is most lamentable to behold.
“好人儿,来看他吧!”
Sweet men, come to him.
可怜的约翰爵士
Poor Sir John.
一个有自信的胖好人
A good portly man of faith.
我有令人愉快的相貌和双眼
Aye, to a cheerful look, a pleasing eye…
和一部最高贵的马车
and a most noble carriage.
可是我不是缩小了吗?
But do I not dwindle?
我的皮肤松驰如老妇人的宽袍
My skin hangs about me like an old lady’s loose gown.
“同伴,鄙下同伴以前是我的喜爱”
Company, villainous company have been the spoil of me.
– Whoo! – Hey! Hey!
我的美德符合绅士应有的标准
I was as virtuous as a gentleman need to be.
“够有美德了,很少骂脏话”
Virtuous enough. Swore a little.
“不赌博,一周只赌博七天”
Diced not above seven days a week.
每季上妓院的次数不超一次
Went to a bawdy house not above once in the quarter.
欠债必还…
Paid money that I borrowed,
“3,4次”
three or four times.
“生活安适,但不越矩”
Lived well and in good compass.
What? You were so fat, Sir John,
“你真是肥,约翰爵士”
你实在有必要下越矩
that you must indeed be out of all compass.
你若能修正你的脸
Do thou amend thy face, and I’ll amend my life.
我就修正我的生活
如果饮酒偷懒是过失
If sack and sugar be a fault, then God help the wicked.
愿神协助不道德的人
Mmm? If to be old and merry is a sin,
如果年老与愉悦是罪恶
如果肥胖可恨
if to be fat is to be hated,
“不,我的好大人,当你为王时”
then no, my good lord, when thou art king,
“放逐毕斯托,放逐巴道夫”
banish Pistol, banish Bardolph, banish Nym.
放逐尼母
但可爱的杰克弗斯塔夫
But sweet Jack Falstaff,
可恶的杰克弗斯塔夫
Valiant Jack Falstaff,
因而使他更加可恶的
and therefore more valiant being as he is,
老杰克弗斯塔夫
old Jack Falstaff,
“别放逐他,亨利的同伴”
banish not him thy Harry’s company.
放逐了胖杰克便是放逐全世界
Banish plump Jack, and banish all the world.
我会
I do. I will.
我会
“但我们听过午夜钟声,亨利大人”
But we have heard the chimes at midnight, master Harry.
追逐…