notwithstanding the poor and untempering effect of my visage.
都是责怪我的父亲
Now beshrew my father’s ambition!
他有我时正盘算要发动内战
He was thinking of civil wars when he got me.
因此我才有这付顽强的外表
Therefore was I created with a stubborn outside,
如钢铁般冷硬
with an aspect of iron, that when I come to woo ladies,
“当我追求淑女时,便吓到她们”
I fright them.
“但说真的,凯特,我年事愈长”
But, in faith, Kate, the elder I wax, the better I shall appear.
My comfort is that old age, that ill layer-up of beauty,
会愈好看
can do no more spoil upon my face.
足告慰的是年老能美化容颜
Thou hast me… if thou hast me… at the worst.
而无法再加以破坏我的脸
你接纳我
如果你在最糟的时候接纳我
And thou shalt wear me… if thou wear me…
便是拥有我
“如果你愿拥有我,将会渐入佳境”
better and better.
And, therefore, tell me, most fair Katherine,
“因此,告诉我,最美丽的凯瑟琳”
你愿接纳我吗?
will you have me?
快!用破碎的音乐回答我
Come, your answer in broken music,
因为你的歌♥声便是音乐
for thy voice is music,
而你的英语很破碎
and thy English, broken.
“因此,万后之后,凯瑟琳”
Therefore, queen of all, Katherine,
你愿接纳我吗?
wilt thou have me?
那得由我的父王做主
That is as it shall please the king, my father.

Nay.
“那会使他高兴的,凯特”
It shall please him well, Kate.
“会使他高兴,凯特”
It shall please him, Kate.
那我也同意
Then it shall also content me.
“既然如此,我吻你的手”
Upon that, I kiss your hand, and I call you my queen.
并称你为我的皇后
Leave, my lord. Leave, leave!
“放手,陛下,放手,放手!”
不能让你降尊辱贵的来亲我手
My faith, I don’t want to lower your greatness…
by kissing the hand of one of the unworthy servants of your lordship.
不要为难我吧!
“请原谅我,威严的君王”
Excuse me, I beg you, my most powerful lord.
“那我要吻你的唇,凯特”
Then I will kiss your lips, Kate.
还没有成婚就让人亲嘴
It’s not custom in France for ladies and girls to be kissed before their weddings.
这在法国是不流行的
“翻译官夫人,她说什么?”
Madame my interpreter, what says she?
在法国未成亲的淑女是不时兴
That is not be the fashion for the ladies of France…
我不知道BAISER怎么说
Oh, I cannot tell what is “baiser” in English.
吻?
To kiss?
陛下说的一点也没错
Your majesty entends better que moi.
“在法国,未成婚的少女”
Ah, it is not a fashion for the maids in France to kiss before they are married, would you say?
是不时兴让人亲吻的
她是这么说的?
Yes, correct.
“是,没错”
Oh, Kate.
凯特
过于精密的习俗
Nice customs curtsy to great kings.
不适用于伟大的国王
You and I cannot be confined within the weak list of a country’s fashion.
你和我不该受一国风俗的限制
“我们是礼俗的创造者,凯特”
We… are the makers of manners, Kate.
因此耐心的
Therefore, patiently…
柔顺的
and yielding.
“你的双唇有魔力,凯特”
You have witchcraft in your lips, Kate.
那甜蜜轻触所流露的
There is more eloquence in a sugar touch of them…
比法国议会的长篇大论还多
than in the tongues of the French council.
你父亲来了
Here comes your father.
神保佑陛下
God save your majesty.
我的皇家表亲在教公主英语吗?
My royal cousin,
teach you our princess English?
“我的好表亲,我是要她了解”
I would have her learn, my fair cousin, how perfectly I love her,
我有多爱她
那是句好英语
and that is good English.
我们已答应所有的条款
We have consented to all terms of reason.
“那么,将你的女儿交给我”
And thereupon give me your daughter.
“带走她,好儿子”
Take her, fair son,
从她的骨肉中诞生我的后代
and from her blood raise up issue to me…
由于英法两国的战争
that the contending kingdoms of France and England…
使双方的海岸
whose very shores look pale with envy of each other’s happiness…
因互相嫉妒对方的幸福而苍白
愿他们终止憎恨
may cease their hatred…
让这次的联婚
and this dear conjunction…
plant neighbourhood…
在他们的心中植下敦睦之情
and Christian-like accord in their sweet bosoms…
如基徒般的协和之义
别再让战争挥舞血腥利剑
that never war advance…
his bleeding sword…
‘twixt England and fair France.
指向英国和美丽的法国
阿门
Amen.
“现在欢迎你,凯特”
Now, welcome, Kate, and bear me witness all…
在众人的见证下
我在此吻我的皇后
That here I kiss her as my sovereign queen.
神啊!你成全了普天下的婚姻
God, the best maker of all marriages,
将我们的心合而为一
combine our hearts in one, our realms in one.
疆土合而为一
“如一对夫妻,因爱结为一体”
As man and wife, being two, are one in love,
愿我们的两个王国一如婚姻
so be there ‘twixt our kingdoms such a spousal…
永远不再嫌隙猜忌
that never may ill office or fell jealousy…
它们经常会破坏美满婚姻
which troubles oft the bed of blessed marriage…
刺进两国的协议之间
thrust in between the paction of these kingdoms…
使他们的联盟分离
to make divorce of their incorporate league…
让英国人如法国人
that English may as French,
法国人如英国人
French Englishmen, receive each other.
互相接纳对方
神啊!请如此说…
God speak this.
阿门
– Amen. – Amen.
阿门
“到此,藉着一只无用的秃笔”
Thus far, with rough and all-unable pen…
我们那苦恼的作者写下这个故事
our bending author hath pursued the story…
在小小的屋里充塞着大人物
in little room confining mighty men…
将他们的荣耀事迹切得支离破碎
mangling by starts the full course of their glory.
时间无多
Small time,
但在那短暂时光中
but in that small most greatly lived…
却存在英国最明亮的这颗星
this star of England.
命运为他打造利剑
Fortune made his sword…
“藉此,他征服了世上最美的花♥园♥”
by which the world’s best garden he achieved…
由此诞生了他的皇太子
and of it left his son imperial lord.
“亨利六世,在儿进便被加冕”
Henry the sixth, in infant bands crowned king of France and England
即位成为法国与英国之王
然而国事去受太多人操纵
did this king succeed…
whose state so many had the managing…
最后失去了法国
that they lost France…
并使他的英国溅血
and made his England bleed…
这情节经常在我们的舞台搬演
which oft our stage hath shown,
为了他们的缘故
and, for their sake,
愿这部戏能博得你的赞赏
in your fair minds let this acceptance take.