Each mention of her name, each page I read, is painful.
这是告别之作
Well, this was the swan song.
用来探索她 才能解放自己
It’s a way to understand her so I could free myself from her.
如今完成了
It’s finished now.
还没有
Not yet.
还得出版才行 -出版?
Now we’ve got to get it published. -Published?
谁会出版 我知道他们会怎么说了
Who will publish it? I know what they’ll say.
我写的东西 连法律都会禁止
There’s even laws against what I’ve written.
不过我现在很舒服了
But I feel good now.
可以庆祝自己的失败了
I’m ready to celebrate my failure.
我不会让你失败的
I won’t let you be a failure.
我会让全世界的人听见的
I’ll make the world listen to you, I promise.
我打算通知教宗、国王
I’m ready now to call on the Pope, on all the kings…
和全世界的出版商支持你
all the editors and publishers in the world, to get them to support you.
是安妮
It’s Anaïs.
是安妮
It’s Anaïs.
Anaïs. Anaïs
艾奎多 -你好 亨利
Eduardo. -Hello, Henry.
休果呢? -出差去了
Where’s Hugo? -Gone on business.
欧斯邦也去了 他发疯了
Osborn’s gone, too. Gone crazy. Really.
整个人疯了 我们在庆祝
Totally. We’re celebrating Osborn’s madness.
他发疯 机会难得呀 不是天天有的
It’s a rare occasion, don’t you know? Doesn’t happen every day.
希望他是真的疯了
I hope he’s really insane and not just faking it.
被人带走了 -他是个怪物
They came and took him away. -He was a monster.
那是他最好的一面
And that was his best side.
这个地方专属我们的了
We’ve got the whole place to ourselves.
没见过这种事吧?
You ever see what a good contortionist can do?
我给你倒杯酒来
Come on. I’ll get you something to drink.
琼!
June.
抱歉没和你连络
Sorry I couldn’t keep in touch.
我天天想你
I thought of you every day.
不过你在书中了解我了 我很可怕
But you know me with writing. I have a terrible time.
我没有你和亨利的才华
I don’t have the gift like you and Henry.
发现你的书放在那
I found your book lying around here.
不介意吧?
I hope you don’t mind.
我偷看了一眼
I took a peek.
“乱♥伦♥之家”
“House of Incest”?
相当好
It’s nice.
莎比娜指的是我?
This character Sabina’s supposed to be me?
一个沉默美艳的女人
“The muffled, close, half-talk of soft-fleshed women.
我们深情地注视对方的眼睛
” Deep into each other, we turned our harlot eyes.
好像是诗呀
Seems like…
感觉很…
poetry, sort of.
不知道 谢谢你写我
It’s so, I don’t know, damn sweet of you to try to write something about me.
我期望的是更… 的
I really expected something more…
更真实
I don’t know, more real.
更真实? -是的
More real? -Yeah.
对 更多生命的事
More about, you know, life.
别生气呀
Hey… Don’t get upset.
有一部分很美的
Some of it’s really beautiful.
我保证会再看的
I promise I’ll read it again.
我最近一直很不顺
Things have been so damn tough for me.
演戏的事没成功 我朋友珍又走了
The acting didn’t pan out, and then Jean, my friend, left.
安妮 亨利怎么样了?
Anaïs, what’s happened to Henry?
他整个人变了
He’s so changed.
我不知道呀
June, I don’t know.
我不知道说什么呀 我一直很忙
I don’t know what to say. I’ve been busy.
偶而见他一次 有时一起研究写作
I’ve seen him occasionally. We work on our writing together sometimes.
不过
But…
我不知道
I don’t know.
我…
I’ve…
交上了一个人
I’ve been seeing someone.
你有情人了? -是的
You mean you have a lover? -Yes.
和你一起来的人 -是的 艾奎多
That man you came with? -Yes. Eduardo.
安妮,
Anaïs…
我替你高兴
I’m so happy for you.
我回来不知道是为了谁
I don’t know who I came back for.
别让她破坏了我们? 安妮 我需要你的信心
Don’t let her come between us, Anaïs. Please. I need your faith.
也可能代表好运
That could be good luck, too.
有可能
Could be.
杰克 你来了
Jack, you’ve come.
最近怎么样?
How are you?
琼 过来见见杰克 他要出版我的书
June, I’d like you to meet Jack, the man who wants to publish my book.
我太太琼 -你好 杰克
My wife, June. -Hiya, Jack.
幸会 米勒太太
Nice to meet you, Mrs. Miller.
从亨利的书上已经很了解你了
I feel I know you intimately from reading Henry’s book.
是吗? 你认为如何?
Oh, yeah? What do you think?
我认为市场很看好 我们打算促销
I think it’s strong meat. That’s how we’ll market it.
我们占多大利? -占利?
What’s our cut? -Cut?
一共是5% -只有5%?
Well, it’ll be five percent. -A crummy five percent?
亨利用了好多年的时间
You mean, Henry spends years writing the book…
写这本书 命都不要了
lives like a bum, busts his nuts…
你别管事 -而我也省吃俭用的
Stay out of this, June. -And I scrape by and do without…
我全心全意地让他去做杜斯妥也夫斯基
and pour my heart and soul into making him some kind of Dostoevsky…
却只拿到5% -我说的5%绝不少
and all we get is five percent? -With me, the percentage will mean something.
不少是什么意思? -我相信是一大笔款子
What does “mean something” mean? -I believe it’s a fair deal.
Well, I’ll be.
那当然了 如果你不想出版的话… -不是的 不是…
‘Course, if you don’t want to publish it… -No. No, no.
亨利他不懂生意
Henry just doesn’t get business.
我们来谈谈吧
Let us talk.
那就请吧
By all means.
在谈任何事之前
But as I’ve said, before we can do anything…
先得有出版的钱才行
it’s absolutely necessary to have the money to print it.
我想… -杰克 我说过我会弄钱的
I think… -Jack, I’ve told you, I’ll get the money.
Jack…
我对你这一行的经营法不了解
I guess I was naive about how things work in your business.
希望没惹你生气 杰克
I hope I didn’t upset you, Jack.
不知道是否可以先预付一点?
I was wondering if some sort of advance might be possible.
不 -或者百分比稍加一点
No. -Maybe there’s room to improve on the percentage.
别在这里谈了 这地方不合适
Let’s not discuss it now. Here is not the place.
找个地方吃午饭?
Maybe you know a place where we could have lunch?
我知道一个相当棒的地方 -真的?
I do. I certainly do. A marvelous place. -Do you?
一言为定了
Well, it’s done, then.
认识你太好了 真的
It’s been so good to meet you, Jack. Really.
好极了 -认识你也是
It’s been wonderful having you. -You, too.
晚安
Good night.
Night.
Yes… -See you.
Good-bye.
他想唬谁呀?
Who was he trying to kid?
区区5%?
Crummy five percent.
他还没见识过我的厉害呢
He hasn’t dealt with this Brooklyn girl yet.
亨利 我们去圆顶咖啡坐坐 -你们先去 我待会去
The Dome for nightcaps, Henry? -Go ahead. We’ll join you later.
永远快乐光明 -对 你也一样
Always merry and bright. -To you, too.
再见 -我该走了
Bye. -I should go now.
不要 安妮 别走
No. No, Anaïs, don’t go.
你待会再跟上艾奎多 可以吧? 艾奎多
You can catch up with Eduardo later. All right, Eduardo?
知道吗?
Say, you know…
我不知道
I don’t know.
我觉得或许现在 不是替亨利出书的时候
I was thinking, maybe it’s not time to publish Henry’s book just now.
不出书?
Not publish?
你胡说什么? -我说的是那么点版税
What the hell are you talking about, June? -What I’m talking about is a crappy deal…
还有你占安妮的便宜
and the fact that you’re taking advantage of Anaïs…
还有休果
and Hugo, too.
他们不是开银行的 亨利
They’re not made of gold, Henry.
我说的对吗? 安妮
Am I right, Anaïs?
对 可是… 不对 我们非出书不可
Yes, but… No. We really believe we have to publish it.
我来想办法 正当方法
I’ll get it published. The right way.
用我过去的方法
Just like I always have.
我们的生活一向过得去的
We’ve always managed to survive, you and me, Henry.
再说…
Besides…
书还得修改
it needs work.
什么? -还没准备好
What? -It’s not ready.
比第一次稿子好多了 还可以改得更好