是加州
It’s California.
他们睡在中间我看不见你
How can I even see you across all these bodies?
孩子自己睡更能独♥立♥
Kids sleep alone. Makes them more independent.
史蒂夫 你是黎里的英雄 今晚你保护了黎里
You Le Ly hero. Tonight, you protect Le Ly.
你是好人
You good man.
就是喝多了
Just too much whiskey.
史蒂夫
Steve?
史蒂夫
Steve.
我要工作 要挣钱
I want to go work. I want make money.
我要搬出去
I want get out of here, out of house.
你家人爱她们的狗多过爱我们的孩子
Your family like their dogs better than our boys.
那你想做什么
What will you do, anyway?
去工厂
Work factory.
或餐馆工作 这里开了好多东方餐馆
Restaurant. There plenty Oriental restaurant growing here.
我想回越南
I’d like to go back to Vietnam.
挣大钱
Make a bundle.
老实说 我真有点怀念那里了
I’ll tell you the truth, I kind of miss it, in a way.
人家出大钱要你做什么
What this job they want you do for so much money?
不许跟别人说 好吗
It’s just between you and me, okay?
政♥府♥有规定限制我这类人的职业
Government has rules about what jobs you can do after what I’ve done.
什么工作 – 武器
What this job? – It’s arms.
卖♥♥军♥火♥
Selling arms.
我不懂
I don’t understand.
你懂的 枪呀 我卖♥♥枪
You know, guns? Sell guns.
你在开玩笑吗
You joking?
你以为我这十七年在干什么 军事顾问是干什么的
What do you think I did the last 17 years? What do military advisors do?
我被派到美援国家训练他们
I go to countries and teach them how to use weapons…
使用美国公♥司♥卖♥♥的武器
…that our corporations sell.
你怎能卖♥♥枪炮给一个残杀妇女儿童的政♥府♥
How can you go sell guns to government that blow up women and children?
我们不卖♥♥… 共♥产♥党也会卖♥♥
If we didn’t sell them, the Communists would.
他们 我们 谁更好点
And how would they or we be better off?
枪炮 共♥产♥党
Guns! Communists!
美国人只会想这些吗
Is that all Americans think about?
我只会做这种工作 至少能靠它挣钱
It’s the only thing I know how to do. At least I’ll make money doing it.
难道你根本听不进黎里的话
Do you ever listen to anything Le Ly tell you?
要命
Oh, shit.
你是说佛教那一套
You mean the Buddhist stuff.
不仅仅是
Not just that!
我说的是我的家人 我的人生
I mean my family, my life.
史蒂夫 我们彼此根本不了解
We don’t know anything about each other, Steve.
你在越南骗了我
You lied to me in Vietnam.
不 那不是骗
No, it wasn’t a lie…
实际上
…exactly.
那是善意的谎言
It was a white lie. A good lie.
亲爱的 别这样
Come on, baby, don’t do this.
我爱你 亲爱的
Come on, please. I love you, darling.
我没听史蒂夫的 找了一份工作
Much against Steve’s wishes, I found a job…
在电路板厂上班
…working in a circuit board factory.
我跟工友们处得很好 借到五千
I know the girls well, so I borrowed 5000.
我需要一万 在移♥民♥区开一间熟食小店
I need 10,000 to open a little deli in a neighborhood with many immigrants.
越南人从不信任银行 习惯彼此互相借贷
Vietnamese never trust bank. Loan money to each other.
你能行吗 – 当然
You winning? – Of course.
我可以借钱吗
Can I borrow money?
我一个月大概能挣一千四
I think I’ll make a $1400 profit a month.
我没告诉史蒂夫 怕他生气
I did not tell Steve. He would be angry.
他不喜欢我自己有事业
He didn’t like my starting a business.
这个就难说了
This one, I don’t know about.
我在越南花了五千买♥♥的
Those cost me 5000 in Vietnam.
那你拿回越南去
Take it back to Vietnam.
我要开餐馆
I’m opening a restaurant.
史蒂夫想给我钱 控制我 但我习惯工作
Steve want to give me money, control me. But I used to working…
自己挣钱 在美国 他却要我当家庭妇女
…having my own money. But in America, he want me be housewife.
所以我耍两面派
So I wear two hats.
说我走运 什么意思
I’m lucky? What do you mean?
说好两年 不是一年 我们有合同
You told me two years! We had an agreement! Not one!
不不不
No, no, no.
两年 不是一万 是两万
Two years, not $10,000. $20,000.
不对
I don’t think so!
我装空调 整修电路
I put in air conditioner! I clean electric wiring!
装潢 钉架子
I remodel! I put up shelves!
一万块应该租两年 你知道的
I should pay 10,000 for two years, and you know it!
告诉史蒂夫后 我们大吵了一架 然后一直吵架
When I tell Steve, we have a big fight, then more fights.
兴改名吉米了
Hung, now Jimmy…
他不肯跟我说越南话让我伤心
…break my heart when he refused to speak Vietnamese with me…
汤米跟小儿子亚伦也一样
…as did Tommy and our new son, Alan.
因为越战的关系 他们在学校自称是墨西哥人
In school, because of the war, they said they were Mexican.
我不签字
I won’t sign it.
不签就不签
Fine. No sign.
我开始像美国人
I was starting to behave like an American…
对丈夫大声呵斥 横眉竖眼
…yelling back at my husband, frowns, scowls.
你老去庙里
And all the time you spend at the temple!
史蒂夫酗酒
Steve was drinking more…
陆战队里的工作似乎也不如意
…and seemed unhappy with his job at the Marine base.
你的佛陀懂个屁
Buddha don’t know shit!
我从未见过史蒂夫这另一面
There was another side to Steve now I had not seen before.
他满口气话 暴♥力♥和恐吓
He speak angry words now. All blood and thunder words.
她是个贱♥货♥ 你让我说什么
She’s a bitch. What do you want me to say?
她还想要钱
She wants more!
无缘无故 家里花钱像流水 我有五个孩子
No reason. Money goes like water around here. I got five kids…
包括你的野种
…including your bastard.
我全身心都给了陆战队 我自己一无所有
Marine Corps owns my body and my soul. I got nothing of my own!
为什么花四百美元又多买♥♥了两支枪
Then why use $400 on two more guns? Why?
还在抱怨钱 黄皮猴子
Still bitching about money like a gook?
你不能这样骂我
Don’t call me that. You have no right!
花得值得 两把枪转手我可以卖♥♥出两倍价钱
These are valuable. I can sell them for twice what I got in them.
说不好只有它能救你的命
They could be the only thing between you and death.
谁要我的命
Death? Death from who?
家里只有你在玩枪
You the only person who waves gun around here…
你喝酒 玩枪
…who drinks and shoots!
用不着你教训我 他们也是我的儿子
Don’t tell me what I should or shouldn’t have. They’re my sons too…
我要教他们打猎射击
…and I’ll teach them to hunt and shoot!
他们要学习求生
They’ll learn to survive.
不行 大哥!不准你教我儿子玩枪
No way, buddy. You will not teach my sons to shoot!
我这辈子看过太多枪了
I see too many guns in my lifetime.
杀戮根本不能保护什么 我家里不许有枪
Killing no way to protect anything! I don’t want guns in my house!
不准再买♥♥ 要枪你就滚
No more. You want them, you get out!
去你的
Fuck you…
你这个满口谎话的小贱♥人♥
…you lying little bitch!
别叫我滚 我看过你的信
Don’t tell me to go. I read your letter.
什么信
What letter?
东方情人来的信 在你皮包里
The one from your dink lover. I saw it stashed in your purse.
你说昂
Anh?
你翻我的东西
You went through my things?
他用越南文写什么
What’s he writing you in Vietnamese about?
他要你回去
He want you back?
没有
No.
问起吉米
He asked about Jimmy.
我寄照片给他
I send him pictures…
回答他的问题
…answer his questions.
仅此而已 – 狗屁
That’s all. – Bullshit!
婊♥子♥ 满口谎话
Lying bitch!
史蒂夫
Steve.
我曾经以为爱你
One time, I think I love you.
我们差异太大 无法成为知己
But I see now we’re too different inside to be soul mates.
我不再错下去了
No more mistake now.
孩子还这么小
Not with children so young.
你是说想跟我离婚
Are you saying you wanna divorce me?
是不是 黎里
Is that it?
我学会了一件事
One thing I learn.
夫妻不可能一个人幸福
In marriage, just one person can’t be happy.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!