进来吧 甜心
Come on in.
你瞧瞧
Look at this!
不错吧 农场风格 先在这里住一阵子
Not bad, huh? It’s ranch style. We’ll be here for a while.
自己的住处很快就有
But soon we’ll get our own place.
你什么时候回国的 – 昨晚 搭运输机
When did you get back? – Last night. We got a C-130…
路上怎么样 – 漫长
How was the flight? – Long, you know.
越南情况很惨吧 – 现在别说这些
Must’ve been terrible there. – We don’t wanna talk about that now.
以后再说
We’ll talk about that later.
我准备了牛排跟烤土豆
I’ve got steak and baked potatoes all planned, sweetie…
你喜欢的口味
…just like you like it.
还有巧克力冰淇淋
And chocolate ice cream.
不错吧 你也吃吗
Does that sound nice? Do you eat that too?
厨房♥在哪 我去泡茶
I prepare tea if you show me kitchen.
我来 你是客人
No, I’m supposed to do that. You’re the guest.
来 这边
Come on, this way.
饿吗 不介意叫你黎吧
You hungry, Ly? You mind if I call you Ly for short?
我们晚餐吃
Let’s see, for dinner we have…
牛排 土豆
…steak, potatoes…
豌豆
…peas.
甜点吃草莓
For dessert, strawberries.
很快就让你们恢复正常体重
We’ll have you back to normal in no time.
肉稍微麻烦点 不过有利器
The meat will take more work, but we’ve got that under control.
很神奇吧
Isn’t that magic?
我们所获之一切皆主所赐
Bless us, O Lord, and Thy gifts which we are about to receive.
因父及子及圣神之名 阿门
In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. Amen.
那边蚊虫多吧 – 是呀
Were the bugs bad? – Oh, yeah.
毒品呢 – 有吸毒的 也有不吸的
What about drugs? – Some guys got involved, some didn’t.
我的史蒂夫绝不做坏事的 – 没错
My Stevie wouldn’t do anything bad. – No way.
强尼死了
Johnny got killed.
黎里 你的头发真漂亮
Le Ly, you got such pretty hair.
休假去了澳洲 澳洲海滩真好
Then we got an R and R in Australia. You should see those beaches.
收入真的像传说的那么高吗
Was the money as good as they say?
我存了一万四
$14,000, I socked away.
免税作战津帖 海外津帖 太好了 可能的话 真想再干一年
Combat pay, overseas pay, the best. I’d go for another year, if I could.
但我看没戏了
I guess it’s over, though.
贝芙丽打过电♥话♥来
Beverly’s been calling.
她肯定想全要
I’m sure she wants it all too.
再干三年
Three more years.
我就发了
Then I’m in fat city.
孩子怎样了 – 很好 你得给他们去电♥话♥
How are the kids? – Great. You gotta call in.
是呀
Oh, yeah. Yeah.
约翰在学校有麻烦
John’s having trouble in school…
我马上打 行吗
Yeah, look, I’ll get right on it, okay?
大家放轻松一点行不行
Can we just relax here?
李蕾还得倒时差
I’m sure Lee Lay’s really jet-lagged out.
是吧 亲爱的
Aren’t you, honey?
你喝多了
You drink too much.
忘了我的名字了
You forgot my name.
对不起 黎里
I’m sorry, Le Ly.
上学经常迟到
He was always slow in school.
租来的 就当是西贡的士吧
Just think of it as a Saigon taxi. Just a rental.
我的车还在店里呢
My personal vehicle’s in the shop.
钱的事我懂
You know, I understand about money.
你在陆战队干那么久了
You in Marines a long time now…
但还跟你母亲住一起
…and you live with your mother.
问题出在贝芙丽 她拿走我一半薪水
The problem is Beverly. She gets half my paycheck.
加子女养育金 她还不满意
Plus child support, and she’s still pissed.
我67年向信用合作社
I’m in debt to the credit union…
贷款了 我实际上等于破产了
…for a loan they made me in ’67. I’m practically bankrupt.
再干三年 就有大笔退休金
I got three more years, I’ll get out with a good pension.
再在社会上找份工作 挣大钱
Then I got a civilian job waiting for me. Big bucks.
全是你和我的 我们回远东去
Just you and me. We’re gonna be back in the Far East.
印尼
Indonesia…
新加坡
…Singapore.
保证一年挣六万五
Could be making 65,000 bucks a year, guaranteed.
人家跟我说好了
Promised to me.
什么工作
What this job?
还不能说 要保密
I can’t tell you. Not just yet. It’s confidential.
但我保证一定没问题
But I guarantee it’ll work out.
合您口味
For your casserole…
特色8盎司一罐的午餐肉
…we are featuring the 8-ounce can of Spam.
我们去那边看帅哥
We need to go back to aisle three where that cute guy is.
秀色可餐 – 屁♥股♥真好看
He’d make a cute snack. – Yeah, great buns on him!
选一种
Pick one.
就班叔叔牌吧
Uncle Ben, I think.
叔叔值得信任
Uncle trusted man.
又不是整村人吃
No, we’re not feeding the village.
柏妮也不喜欢吃米饭
Bernice doesn’t even like this stuff.
这儿是美国
This is America, baby.
商店二十四小时营业
Store stays open 24 hours.
在美国用不着带现金
You don’t need money in America.
只要把支票给银行 银行付钱
You just give this paper to the bank, and the bank pays.
他们不懂
They don’t get it.
但我懂
I do.
我们一起
We’ll lick them together.
我们一起
We’ll lick them together.
感谢主保佑我们
Thank you, Lord, for watching over us and giving us…
衷心感激你赐予的美食
…these things for which we are grateful.
因父及子及圣神之名 阿门
In the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Amen.
那是在岘港街头
It was on a Danang street.
她朋友想骗我的钱
Her girlfriend tried to rip me off.
我在冲绳也碰见过一次 她的腿粗得像火鸡一样
I had one like that in Okinawa. She had thighs like that turkey.
能夹开椰子
Cracked coconuts with them.
不是这样的
Wait, it’s not what you think.
我追她就像饥饿的南越军找大米
I chased her like a starving ARVIN, hunting a grain of rice.
鬼扯
Horseshit.
别用你的脏脑袋乱想
Don’t run off with your filthy, dirty, salacious mind.
别自讨苦吃 我们是一丘之貉
Don’t give yourself a headache. You and me are peas in a pod.
东方女人听话 顺从
Oriental women will tell you what you wanna hear, do what you wanna do.
你如果相信 我服你
But if you wanna believe that, I’ll salute you.
你在说什么 东方女人非常忠贞
What are you saying? Oriental women are also very fucking loyal.
喝吧 我只想说… 祝福你 兄弟
Have a drink. All I’m trying to say is, more power to you, buddy.
来 黎 今天是感恩节 多吃一点
Come on, Ly, it’s Thanksgiving. You can eat.
想想越南的饥民吧
Think of the starving Vietnamese.
别管她 她一向吃得少
Leave her alone. She always eats like a sparrow.
鱼米 米鱼
Rice and fish, fish and rice…
小孩成天吃这些 他们一定馋死了想吃肉
…that’s all the kids ever get. They’re starving for meat.
别烦她 她又不能替全越南人吃
Give her a break. She can’t eat for her whole damn country.
我要让她知道我们多慷慨 让她感恩
I want her to know we’re being generous. I want her to be grateful.
我告诉你什么叫感恩
Let me tell you about grateful.
我们去到村里 老人妇女见到我们就说
We’d go to villages, and the first thing old men and women said to us was:
大人 求您别杀我
“Please, sir, don’t kill me.”
我们路过岘港的医院时
In Danang, we’d drive past hospitals…
经过被美军炸成残废的人
…past people our bombs had blown to bits.
他们仍挥手致意
And they’d wave.
男孩 女孩
Boys and girls…
缺手缺脚的 就跟在向海滩上的游客致意
…with no arms, no legs, waving at us like tourists going to the beach.
为什么
Why?
因为他们庆幸能活着看到我们
Because they’re happy to be alive and glad to see us.
是我们把他们害成这样的
We put them where they were.
他们的死亡数 是美军的二十倍
And there’s 20 of them dead or mutilated for every one of us.
别期望黎为你的破火鸡激动
So don’t expect Ly to do handstands over your goddamn turkey.
她很清楚得到了什么和失去了什么
She knows exactly what she’s got, and she knows what she’s left behind.
对不起 兄弟 – 史蒂夫说得对
Excuse me, baby brother. – Steve is right.
对不起 柏勒太太
I’m sorry, Mrs. Butler.
可恶
Goddamn.
孩子们该自己睡了
It’s time the kids slept in their own bed.
他们喜欢跟我们一起睡
They more loving when they stay with us.
不然谁帮他们驱鬼呀
Who going to protect them from evil spirits?
这不是越南
Look, it ain’t Vietnam in this bedroom.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!