这很自然
It is as natural…
就像
…as the movement…
日月运行
…of the sun…
一样地自然
…and moon.
大♥师♥
Master…
我怎样跟他说 我们必须做朋友 知己
…how can I tell him we must be friends and soul mates…
而非夫妻
…without being husband and wife?
他造了不少恶业
He has created much soul debt for himself.
但你若不给他机会
But if you fail to give him the opportunity…
自我救赎
…to redeem himself…
那只会增加你自己的恶业
…you will only increase your own soul debt.
恨男人
The man-hate…
使你盲目
…that blinds you…
也将蒙蔽你以后所有的男人
…will blind any man you find in a future life.
你如果拒绝史蒂夫
If you turn Steve away…
就是拒绝你自己的自我救赎
…you will be rejecting your own redemption.
孩子
Child…
你宽恕过很多男人
…you have forgiven the men…
强♥奸♥你的
…who raped you…
毁灭你国家的
…destroyed your country…
伤害你家人的
…harmed your family.
这就对了
This is how it should be.
你的命运跟史蒂夫相连再到汤米及亚伦
Your karma is mixed with Steve to Tommy and Alan.
未来
The future…
过去
…the past…
是一样的
…are all the same.
你如果离婚
If you divorce…
以后你还得重来一次
…you will only have to come back again and work it out again.
彼岸之路
The path to nirvana…
绝不好走
…is never being safe…
而是重重险阻
…but tricky and steep.
不经磨难
And if you walk only on sunny days…
你永远不可能到达你的彼岸
…you never reach your destination.
慎重
Choose well…
我的小桃花
…my peach blossom.
孩子没有了父亲
A child without a father…
就没人遮风挡雨
…is like a house without a roof.

Hello?
你听好
Listen carefully.
我姐妹金在美国嫁给了史蒂夫的战友
My sister Kim came to America and married Steve’s military friend.
史蒂夫跟2个孩子在我家 他们在喝酒
Steve and the two boys are here now. They’re drinking.
他准备带他们去加拿大 加拿大
He’s getting ready to take them to Canada. – Canada
孩子很难过
The boys are upset.
他们不想跟着史蒂夫
They don’t wanna stay with Steve anymore.
下周二很好
Oh, fine, next Tuesday.
都听你的 -叫史蒂夫接 我得跟他谈谈
Whatever you want. – Put Steve on. I must speak to him.
找你的
Here. It’s for you. Here.
放手 宝贝
Let go, honey.
史蒂夫
Steve?
我知道你恨我 但我不恨你
Please, I know you hate me. But I don’t hate you.
让我帮助你
Let me help you.
让我试试
Let me try.
我感受到你的痛苦
I feel your pain.
回家吧 不找警♥察♥
You come back home. No police.
只有你 我跟孩子
Just you, me, the children.
我们改正
We make this right.
我跟你去教堂
I’ll go to your church.
我会更尽心 我会把神龛弄走
I try harder. I’ll put the shrine away.
我爱你 史蒂夫
I love you, Steve.
我爱我在越南见到的那个史蒂夫
I love the man I saw in Vietnam.
我要把你找回来
I find you again.
他还在 史蒂夫
He’s still there, Steve.
我仍爱着你
I still love you.
史蒂夫 求你
Steve, please.
你不能进去 – 我的孩子
You can’t go in there. – My children.
孩子没事 史蒂夫
They’re all right! Steve…
他自杀了
He killed himself.
魂来了
The spirits are here.
太好了
Oh, this is marvelous.
你丈夫来了
Your husband is here.
他有点怕
He is a little shy.
他不想进屋
He doesn’t want to come into the house.
他不习惯新环境
He’s not used to this new world.
他很痛苦
He’s in much pain.
但他原谅你了
But he forgive you.
他要求你
He ask for you…
将他的魂带去佛寺
…to take his soul into the Buddhist temple.
他说
He say:
把我供在庙里
“Place me in the temple.”
他安宁了
As he finds peace…
你家人
…so will your family…
跟孩子就都安宁了
…and your children find peace.
就这些了
That’s it.
你确定是史蒂夫
Are you sure that was Steve?
他是虔诚的基♥督♥徒
He was such a strong Christian.
相信我
Trust me.
他变化很大
He change a lot.
还有
And by the way…
这间屋子
This house…
怎样 – 要搬
What? – Have to leave.
不好
No good.
前门正对着后门
Your front door faces your back door.
从前进入你生命的一切
Everything that come into your life…
都会从后面走掉
…the front way will go out the back.
男人
Men…
金钱
…money…
幸福
…happiness…
一切
…everything.
快搬
Move fast.
战后十三年 我首次回到越南
It was 13 years after the war that I first returned to Vietnam.
拜祭先父
To the spirit of my father…
看姐姐们 和大哥三仪他熬过了战争
…to my sisters and brother Bon who had survived the war…
还有多年未有音讯的妈妈
…and to my mother, who I had not spoken to in years.
海洋阻隔了我们母女
An ocean had come between us.
恐怕是孩子们最后一次见外婆了
But I feared it would be the last time for my sons to see her.
我在美国发了 是的
I had prospered in America, yes.
租♥售♥房♥屋 参股餐厅
I buy and rent houses, became partner in a restaurant…
成了工作狂 不是好妈妈了
…working all the time, losing touch as a mother.
交往过不少男人 没有一个让我动心
Affairs with different men, none of whom touched my heart.
第一站是原来的西贡
Stopping in old Saigon first…
现在叫胡志明市
…now Ho Chi Minh City…
我带吉米去见他生身父亲 心情期盼又忐忑
…my heart trembled with anticipation as I took Jimmy to see his father…
二十年前 少女的我疯狂地
…who, as a teenage girl, I’d fallen madly in love with…
爱上他
…twenty years before.
他变了没有
Had he changed?

Ahn.
黎里
Be Ly.
别再提了
Don’t you start that again.
爸爸
Papa.
妈妈
Mama.
黎里
Be Ly.
你气色不错
You look healthy.
你简直像个游魂
You’re a ghost.
见不着你人
I don’t see you.
不知你在哪里
I don’t know where you are.
你姐姐金怎样了
How is your sister Kim?
她很好
Fine.

Fine.
他们是您的外孙 我的儿子
Your grandsons. My boys.
吉米就是兴
Jimmy’s Hung.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!