Look! Here’s the TV crew!Clap your hands!
看呐,电视台都来人了!赶紧把小手牵起来!
-Look’s like Ms Phlegm’s on another one of her crusades.
看来弗莱明老师又发动了一场圣♥战♥
Usual success, of course.
当然了,她一般都会赢的
-Hi, what’s your name?
嗨,请问你的名字是?
-Hi, I’m Heather Duke.
你好,我叫希德.杜克
-Is this as good for you as it is for me?
这对你我都有好处啊
-Greetings and salutations!
向您致意
-I need a copy of all this by Monday for my Princeton application.
下周一前我要拿到视频的拷贝作为普林斯顿的申请材料
-That thing this afternoon!
今天下午搞的那些事
I’m so angry! It was chaos, fucking chaos.
我真的很气,这他妈完全就是一片混沌!
-What are you talking about?
你在说什么呀?
-I mean, today was great! Chaos is great!
我的意思是,今天真是棒极了!混沌即伟大!
Chaos is what killed the dinosaures, darling.
混沌是恐龙灭绝的原因啊,宝贝儿
Face it, our way is the way.I mean, we scare people into not being assholes!
直面现实吧,我们走的才是正道,我们吓得人们都不敢做恶人了!
Our way is not ‘our’ way!
这不是”我们”的路
-Tell that to the judge, alright.Tell it to Kurt Kelly!
好吧,去找法官说啊,去和柯尔特.凯利说吧
-“噢,天哪,维罗妮卡”
-我是在对你说!
God, you can be SO immature!
天哪,你居然这么幼稚
-Oh, you kids are making too much damn noise!
嘿,你们这俩小屁孩太吵了
-We beat the bitches.
我们打垮了那群贱♥人♥
-Beautiful. The Beaver is home.
好极了,大老板回家了
-The judge told them to slurp shit and die.
法官叫他们去吃屎
I put a Norwegian in the boiler room.
我往锅炉房♥里放了个”挪威人“(爆破行业对炸♥弹♥的一种称呼)
Masterful!
熟能生巧嘛
And then, when that blew…
等它爆♥炸♥
it set off a pack of thermals I stuck upstairs.
它就会点燃我堆在楼上的焦炭
Some days it’s great to be alive.
有时生活还是挺美好的
-Do you like your father?
你喜欢你♥爸♥?
-I’ve never given the matter much thought.
我从来没有认真地想过这个问题
I liked my mother.
我喜欢我妈妈
They said her death was an accident,but she knew what she was doing.
他们都说她的死是场意外,她但很清楚自己在做什么
She walked into the building two minutes before my dad blew the place up.
她在我爸炸掉那栋楼前的两分钟走了进去
She waved at me, and then…
她朝我挥手,然后…
Boom.
Boom
-Dudes, if I’m getting one more request for that Big Fun song,I am gonna commit suicide!
老弟,要是还有人点big fun的这首歌♥,我就得去自杀了
-Hey, they’re playing our song!
嘿,他们在放我们的歌♥
-Here it is: “Teenage Suicide, don’t do it”.
来了:”青少年请勿自杀“
-That’s it! We’re breaking up!
就这样吧,我们结束了!
-What?
什么?
-You you can’t bring them back, you must know that.
要知道你可不能让他们重生!
-I am not trying to bring anybody back except maybe myself.
我并没有要让谁重生,或许只是我自己
-And to think there was a time when I actually thought you were cool!
有一段时间我的确认为你很酷
Man, if you can’t deal with me now, hen just stay home and shoot your TV.
要是你现在拿我没办法,就待在家里,射穿你的电视
Blow up a couple of toasters or something.
炸掉你的烤箱什么的
Just don’t come to school, and don’t mess with me!
只是不要回学校,也别来烦我!
-You’ll be back!
你会回来的!
-Me and Martha Dumptruck?
我和垃圾车玛莎的合照?
Where did you get this?
你从哪里搞来的?
-Ah, I just had the nicest little chat with Ms Dumptruck.
啊,我只是和垃圾车小姐聊了会儿天
We got along famously.
我们很聊得来
Kind of scary though that everybody has got a little story to tell.
虽然有点吓人,但看来每个人都有点不可告人的小秘密嘛
Do you wanna see the canoeing shots?
想看看你们一起划独木舟的照片吗?
-What is this? Blackmail?
你什么意思?想敲诈我?
I’ll give you a weeks lunch money.
我给你一星期的午餐费
-I don’t want your money.
我不稀罕你的钱
I want your strength.
我想要你的权势
Westerburg doesn’t need mushy togetherness, it needs a strong leader.
韦斯特堡中学需要的不是矫揉造作的团结,而是一个强大的首领
Heather Chandler was that leader, but…
希德钱德勒曾经是这里的首领,但是…
-But she couldn’t handle it.
但是她没那能力
-I think you can.
我认为你可以
Moby Dick is dunked.
莫比迪克已身葬大海(《白鲸》中与主人公亚哈船长缠斗了一生的白鲸)
The white whale drank some bad plankton and splashed through a coffee table.
那头白鲸被浮游生物毒死了,还撞碎了一张咖啡桌
Now it’s your turn to take the helm.
轮到你来掌舵了
-What about the photographs?
那这些照片怎么办?
-Don’t worry.
别担心
I’ll ask you to do me a favour, it’ll be one you’ll enjoy.
你要帮我办件事,你会乐意的
And you’ll get the negatives and everything back then.
之后你就可以拿回你的黑历史
But in the mean time… strength.
但与此同时…权势
Here’s a little gift.
送你个小礼物
Have a good day, Heather.
祝你好运,希德
-猜猜我是谁?
-希德?
-你好?
-贝蒂?
This is Veronica.
我是维罗妮卡
-I don’t believe it, I’m winning!
真不敢相信,我居然要赢了!
-Don’t you start getting cocky on me now, girl.
别得意得太早了,姑娘
-I’ve really missed you.
我一直都牵挂着你
I know I’m not as exciting as your other friends.
我知道我不像你那些朋友那么酷
-That is bullshit. Shoot.
别胡说了,击球吧
-Do you know I’m still a virgin?
你知道我还是个处♥女♥吗?
Ok, I french kissed Al Springler once.
好吧,我曾湿吻过
Total disaster!
但那完全就是一场灾难
-Shoot the ball!
击球吧!
-You know Betty, your day dreams are much better than my reality, believe me…
知道吗贝蒂,你的白日梦可比我的现实处境要好多了,相信我…
But know, prepare to die.
但现在,受死吧
-Ronnie!
罗妮!
-You’re not gonna go for just those two shots?
你不打算连击两下吗?
Go ahead, knock me out.
来吧,把我打出局
It’s the only way to win.
只有那样你才能赢
It’s not my style.
这不是我的风格
-Nice guys finish last. I should know.
好人总是会输,我早就该知道的
-Bravo.
好哇
-Brav-o!
好-哇!
-I gotta go home, OK?
我要回家了,好吗?
-OK.
好的
-Thanks.
谢谢你
-Bye, Betty.
再见,贝蒂
-Betty, leaving so soon?
贝蒂,这么急着回家呀?
-I’m red.
现在我才是大姐头
“The Westerburg suicides were tough on all of us.
韦斯特堡中学的自杀事件为我们都蒙上了一层阴霾
But we shared the pain of losing three very popular students.
但我们一同分担失去三个人气高的学生的痛苦
I came into the cafeteria and asked them to hold hands, …”
我走进饭堂,要大家都把手举起来…
-Isn’t that the flake we met at the Open House?
这不是我们在学校开放日那天见到的弗莱克老师吗?
“… in a burst of cleansing syncronicity,TV cameras happened upon the scene”
就在我们净化心灵的时候,电视台的摄像机突然出现了
-Cleansing syncronicity?
净化心灵?
-Outpouring of emotion?
倾泻而出的感情?
-Look! There’s Heather!
快看!那是希德!
-And there’s Heather!Where are you, Veronica?
希德在这,那你在哪儿,维罗妮卡?
“Before a teenager decides to kill himself,there are certain facts that he should know.
在青少年决定自杀前,他应明白以下几大真理:
After all, this is a decision that effects all of us.
毕竟,这个决定会影响所有人
And there’s only one chance to get it right.”
现在只有一个机会能让一切回归正轨
-Turn that back on!
把它打开!
-Can’t you see these programs are eating suicide with a spoon?
你们看不出来吗?这些电视节目正在一口一口地消费着自杀
They make it sound like it’s a cool thing to do!
他们把自杀吹捧成一件很酷的事
-Are you telling me this is not a time for troubled youth?
你是想向我证明这不是问题青少年的时代?
Stand up straight.
你给我站好了
-All we want is to be treated like human beings.
我们想要的,不过是被当成人来对待
Not experimented on like guinea pigs, or patronized like bunny rabbits.
而不是被你们当成是实验用的小白鼠,或者是像小兔子一样接受你们的垂怜
-I don’t patronize bunny rabbits!
我可没有垂怜小兔子
-Treated like human beings?
被当成人来对待?
Is that what you said, little Ms. Voice-of-a-Generation?
你要说的就是这个?新一代的代言人?
Just, how do you think adults act with other adults?
只是,你觉得成年人是如何与对方相处的呢?
Do you think it’s just like a game of doubles tennis?
你以为像打双人网球一样简单?
When teenagers complain that they wants to be treated like human beings,
当青少年抱怨说自己没被当成人来对待时,他们通常已经被当成人来对待了
it’s usually because they ARE being treated like human beings.
而且就是因为他们被当成人来对待了
-I guess I picked the wrong time to be a human being.
我想我挑错了时候,现在还不适合被当成人来对待
-You’ll live…
你会有那一天的…
Want some pate?
还想吃肉酱吗?
-Hi everybody, the door was open.
嗨,你们好,你们的门是开着的
Veronica, have you heard?
维罗妮卡,听说了吗?
We were doing chinese at the food fair when it comes over the phone that Martha Dumptruck tried to buy the farm.
我们在集市上做中餐时听到了垃圾车玛莎试图自杀的消息