我只是测试极限 – 你该测试智商
I’m just trying to test the envelope. You ought to test your IQ.
抱抱熊
Hugabug.
他说什么?
What is that?
抱抱熊?
“Hug…” “Hugabug”?
他从哪学来的?
Where’d he get that?
不知道 我以为是你教的
I don’t know, I thought you taught it to him.
我很好奇 – 怎么了 亲爱的?
I’ve been wondering. – What is it, honey?
为什么我是唯一 能看见你们的小孩?
How come I’m the only kid I know who has invisible friends like you guys?
问得好 汤玛斯
Um, that’s a very good question, Thomas.
上帝自有安排
The Lord must have had some idea.
希望祂能开释我们
I wish he’d let us in on it.
我见到祂一定会问
When I see him, I’ll ask him.
汤玛斯别动 等等
Hold up, Thomas. Hold on a second.
彼得斯曼小姐来了 来吧宝贝 今天穿什么
It’s Miss Petersmann. Come on, baby, teach me something.
太好了
Yes.
不!
No!
该死! – 我们应该阉了他
Damn!
这就是盖兹堡战役是内战的著名战役的原因
And that is why we say the battle of Gettysburg was the most famous battle of the Civil War.
有问题吗?
Any questions?
汤玛斯?很显然 你还想补充
Yes, Thomas? You have something to add, no doubt.
是 老师 – 多加点热情
Yes, ma’am. With enthusiasm.
噢 我好喜欢 他用你的方式来说 好多了
I love it when he tells it Harrison’s way, it’s so much better.
谢了 茱莉亚
Thank you, Julia.
盖兹堡战役
The battle of Gettysburg.
第三天
The third day.
皮克特冲锋
Pickets charge.
空中满布厚重的火♥药♥味
The air hung heavily with the acrid smell of gunpowder
以及尸臭味
and the stench of the dead.
第四场的”银色子弹”?
Silver Bullet in the fourth?
滚开小鬼 这是大人的游戏 去买♥♥汽水吧 下一位
Buzz off, kid. This is for grown-ups. Go buy a soda. Next.
拜托 先生
Hey, kid… Please, mister.
我爹说如果我没下注 就不准回家
My dad said if I don’t place this bet for him, I shouldn’t come home ever.
他会打死我的
He’ll give me an awful beating.
他会打死我的
He’ll give me an awful beating.
拜托让我下注好吗 先生?
So, please take my money. Please. Okay?
好 好
Okay, okay.
我会赢!我会赢!上吧!
I wanna win! I wanna win! Let’s go, let’s go!
来罗!上上上!
He’s coming! Here he comes! Go, go, go!
上上上!
Go, go, go!
这就对了!
Yes! Yes!!
这小牛仔还真会赌
Does this little buckaroo know how to pick a winner or what?
上啊!
Go, go! Move!
没错!就是这样带球
Yes! Yes! That’s how you move the ball.
就是这样 再五码!
That’s how you move the ball. Five more yards!
没错 就是这样
That’s exactly right. That’s it.
太棒了
It’s so great.
这里 听这一段主导动机
Right here, right here. – Listen to this, the leitmotiv.
太美了
It’s beautiful.
真不敢相信
Ooh, yeah, unbelievable.
翻页 汤玛斯 翻页
Turn the page, Thomas. Turn the page.
好 打开摺页
Okay, fold that out for me.
春色满园啊
Mounds of joy.
嘿 可以叫马力欧‧兰萨安静吗?
Hey, could we muzzle this Mario Lanza guy?
这是弗兰科·科莱里啦 不开窍
It’s Franco Corelli, for God’s sakes. You absorb nothing.
随便啦
Whatever.
这一页等等
Hold that page a second.
我的比利今天11岁了
My Billy is 11 years old today.
无论孩子在哪 我相信他们很平安
Wherever those kids are, I’m sure they’re safe.
而且幸福
And happy.
只能如此希望
I just wish I knew.
你还在想着约翰 对吧?
You still think about John, don’t you?
每天都想
Every day.
亲爱的
Sweetie.
去找那些家伙吧
Let’s go get the guys.
你们为什么不去看夕阳?真的…
Why don’t you boys come up and see the sunset? It’s…
哈里森
Harrison.
干嘛? – 干嘛?
What? What?
我们只是在听弗兰科·科莱里
We’re just listening to Franco Corelli.
主导动机 – 没错
The leitmotiv. Yeah.
莱利先生吗? – 我是
Mr. Reilly? Yes.
我是查尔斯‧波利多 儿童福利处
Charles Polito, Child Welfare Department.
你们都没有赌马?
Neither of you bets on the horses?
没有 – 没有 连赛马场都没去过
No. No. I’ve never even been to a horse race.
你可以去问认识我的人
You talk to anyone who knows me.
有人在赛马场看见你的儿子
Well, your son has been seen at the track.
他说如果不帮你下注 你会打死他
He’s telling the story that you’ll give him a beating if he doesn’t place your bets.
你怎能这样想?
How could you even think it?
我们才不要把孩子送去精神病院
We are not putting our son in some mental hospital.
伊娃!没人这么说
Eva! No one is saying that.
比区姆博士是儿童心理专家 只是做些测试
Dr. Beecham is a child psychiatrist. He’s just gonna do some tests.
测试? – 治疗或测试 随便!
Tests? Therapy, tests, whatever it is!
大家都说他需要帮忙 儿服处的人 他的老师
Everyone says he needs help. The guy from Child Welfare, his teacher.
那个老女人?
That old battleaxe?
她哪懂得要如何对待像汤玛斯这样的孩子
She has no idea how to handle a precocious child like Thomas.
汤玛斯有严重的问题
Thomas has a very serious problem.
他把这一切都推给想像的人物
He blames everything on these imaginary people.
该死 你很清楚 这件事我说了很多年了
Damn it, I’ve been saying for years we should get him proper care, and you know it.
就因为他的想像力丰富吗?
Why? Because he has a vivid imagination?
必须阻止他活在幻想的世界
Someone around here has gotta stop living in a fantasy world.
你不能再这样下去 你搞不定的!
You can’t continue that. You can’t play his little games!
你们不懂失去孩子的感受
Not one of you knows what it’s like to lose a child.
我已经失去了三个 我不想再失去汤玛斯
I lost three. I’m not losing Thomas.
潘妮 现在的情况是不对的
Penny, look what’s going on here. This is wrong.
没错 已经失控了
Yeah, it’s gotten way out of hand.
也许我们不该再跟他说话 或是让他见到
Maybe we were never supposed to talk to him or even let him see us.
拜托
Hey, come on.
在孩子面前隐形 这太瞎了
We can’t just go invisible on the kid. It’s stupid.
他会恨我们的
He’s gonna hate us, I’m tellin’ you.
茱莉亚 我们是他的家人
Julia, we’re his family.
我们不是他的家人 我们是…
No, we’re not his family. We’re…
我也不知道我们是什么
I don’t know what we are.
他有父母 要让他的父母成为他的家长
He’s got a mother and a father. We’ve gotta let them be his parents.
离开汤玛斯就好像又死一次
Leaving Thomas would be like dying all over again.
潘妮
Penny,
我没有孩子
I never had any children.
但是汤玛斯 让我有时觉得自己像个父亲
But for a little while with Thomas, I got to feel like a father.
对我们而言都不容易
This isn’t easy for any of us.
等一等
Now, just wait.
如果我们对汤玛斯有不好的影响 为什么还黏着他?
Now, if we’re so bad for Thomas, how come we’re stuck to him? Tell me that.
我们不知道 好吗?
We don’t know, okay?
所以呢?
So, what?
别让他听见或看见?
What, we don’t let him see us or hear us?
也不许对他说话?
What, we never even talk to him?
就这样…悬着?
We just… hang around?
一辈子看着他?
Watch him? For the rest of his life?
像一群游魂?
What, like a bunch of ghosts?
这样糟透了
That’s gonna be hell.
也许就是这样 迈罗
Maybe that’s what this is, Milo.
我们叫醒他道别吧
Well, I guess we better wake him up and say goodbye.
等等!
Wait!
汤玛斯 汤玛斯
Thomas. Thomas. Shh.
汤玛斯亲亲?
Sweetie, Thomas?
干嘛?
What?
干嘛? – 天哪 你长得好大了
What? Goodness, you are such a big boy.
我们爱你 汤玛斯
We love you, Thomas.
我也爱你们
I love you, too.
汤玛斯
Thomas,
很久以前 我们就说过 天下无不散的筵席
you know how we’ve always said we didn’t know how long we were gonna be with you?

Yes.
那么…
Well, um…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!