And then from there we have to, you know,
然后在这个基础之上
we build on, you know, what we’ve established.
我们继续建立社会秩序
We help them,
我们帮助他们
you know, open their schools back up
重开学校
and open their bazaars back up
重开市集
and establish police stations and,
建立警♥察♥局
the local government and,
和地方政♥府♥
um, you know, allow the local government to start,
允许地方政♥府♥也开始
you know, building their projects as well.
建设他们的项目
So that, you know, in the grand scheme, that’s kind of how,
可以说 在宏观上来讲
how counterinsurgency works.
这就是反暴♥乱♥策略的实施过程
Gentmen, thank you all for coming.
先生们 感谢各位的到场
My name’s, er, Captain Ryan Sparks.
我是瑞安·斯帕克斯上尉
We’re very happy, it’s a great day that we can, uh,
我们很高兴 天气也不错
you know, the Taliban are gone and
塔♥利♥班♥被赶走了
we can finally start to open your bazaar back up.
我们终于能让你们的集市重新开张
Get all of your stores repaired,
把你们的店面都修整好
fix anything that’s broken
坏了的都修好
so that you can, uh, start your life again as soon as fast.
这样你们可以尽快开始日常生活
Hey, first store open, baby!
第一家商店开张喽
Taliban will eventually lose their freedom movment
塔♥利♥班♥将最终失去自♥由♥活动的空间
They’ll become rover.
他们将变成过街的老鼠
you know those’re dissipated.
被到处驱赶
They’ll become rover.
人人喊打
We’re gonna move back and
我们准备返回
forth to beef up the security. How copy.
加强保安措施 收到
Sir copy.
明白
When you get here we’ll work through the details, over.
等你到了我们再具体的讨论下 完毕
Have you seen Maclean?
你看见麦克里恩了吗
You’re here for the same meeting?
你也是来开这个会的吗
Alright. You got the?
好的 你有证明吗
I got, I got ID.
我有身份证明
Brower? Yeah.
是叫布罗尔吗 是的
Is he here? No.
他来了吗 没有
Cause he’s the guy who’s actually handling the payments.
他是负责处理赔偿金的
Possible evac 11?
大概有11个跑出来的
So 17 in total.
就是说总共有17人
There were 17 people in the house.
当时这房♥子里有十七人
And four were killed.
炸死四个
Four? Four were killed.
四个吗 四人死亡
we’re gonna talk together.
我们要一起做下来谈一谈
You’re looking at the definition of innocent people.
从无辜平民的定义的角度判断
There’s no question about it. You know, little girls.
这毫无疑问 炸死的是小女孩
I mean there’s, there’s just no, no way to rationalise,
我是说 你没有办法把这件事合理化
um, that this was in any way a good thing or justified, or…
证明这件事是正当的 合情合理的
It’s just, it’s just a terrible feeling at a terrible sight.
面对此情此景 令你坐立不安
I was waiting for you to call me
我那时正在等你们喊我
and take me to a safe place.
带我去个安全的地方
I don’t know what happened.
我不知道怎么回事
Somebody fired something happened in my house.
有人朝我家房♥子开了火
His whole family is almost finished, there’s only one child left,
他家人几乎死光 只有一个孩子幸存
and the other, um,
另外一家
family got two,
死了两个
there’re four deceased,
总共死了四口人
Tell him, I…
告诉他 我
I’m very sorry, and I can feels pain.
我很遗憾 我也很痛苦
I know what he’s going through.
我理解他的感受
We’re really sorry for what happened yesterday.
对昨天的事 我们真的很遗憾
It pained us all here to uh, to know,
得知给您造成的损失
what you must be going through right now,
所带来的痛苦
with the loss that you just suffered.
让我们都感同身受
There’s not,
我们无能为力
there’s nothing we can do
我们无法
to bring back your loss.
挽回您的损失
but we can do is to try to help you out
而我们能做的只有
by giving you the very least that we can
力所能及地发放一些慰问金
with a payment for your losses
来补偿你们的损失
what I will do now is, uh,
我现在要做的就是
I’ll present him with condolence payment.
向他递上慰问金
And, like I said, it’s–
还有 正如我说的
it’s, it’s absolutely the least that we can do, um,
我们所能做的只有这个
because obviously there’s…
因为很显然
…you can’t bring back someone you love.
你无力挽回你亲人的生命
I’m, I’m deep, deeply sorry.
我非常遗憾
Yema, this is for you, for your losses.
亚马 这是给你作为补偿的
Um, you know, the US Marines,
美国海军陆战队
the citizens of Afghanistan
以及阿富汗的人♥民♥
and the government of Afghanistan
还有阿富汗的政♥府♥
together can achieve great things
联合起来可以结出丰硕成果
to make Afghanistan
让阿富汗变得
safer and more prosperous place for all.
更加安全更加繁荣
I’ve been told those by Afghanis before
我之前听阿富汗人说过这样的话
I don’t mind Marines, I don’t mind Taliban,
“我不在乎海军陆战队 也不关心塔♥利♥班♥
I just wanna everyone to leave me alone
请你们离我远一点
and live my, I wanna lead my life.”
我只想过我自己的生活”
And I, I think there’s something be said for that point of view.
我认为这些话死者家属也有同感
And certainly if you’ve lost family members, um,
试想在你失去了家人之后
could stand in front of you and tell you otherwise.
有人在你面前理直气壮地让你顾全大局
That’s, it’s not really my, my place.
我真不该来这地方
Uh, I don’t know. If I was in his shoes…
我也不知道 如果换做是我
It’s almost like there’s two entirely different levels.
这就像两个完全不同的层面
there’s a political level and there’s a level on the ground.
一个是政♥治♥需要 一个是实际状况
I’m not quiet sure
我不知道
I’ve been telling you what I concerned of myself right now
我是否表达清楚了我的感受
So NATO has staked a lot on this operation in Marjah,
北约已在马尔亚的行动中投入巨大
how is it defining success?
行动是否成功呢
This whole Marjah offensive
我们在马尔亚的进攻行动
is all about bringing governance,
目的就在于恢复政♥府♥秩序
as General McChrystal has said, government in a box…
正如麦克里斯特尔将军所说 “箱式政♥府♥”
Bring in, what they’re calling “Government in a box”
引入所谓”箱式政♥府♥”
and show the locals that
并且让当地人知道
the Central Afghan government can try to take over operations.
阿富汗中♥央♥政♥府♥正试图接管此次行动
We need more troops, training and assistance,
需要更多的军队 并提供训练和援助
and that’s why we’re increasing
这就是我们增加
our efforts to train Afghan Security Forces.
对阿富汗安♥全♥部♥队的训练投入的原因
It is slower and harder than we anticipated.
这比我们预期的要缓慢和艰难
I do not wanna underestimate or understate challenge.
我并不想低估或轻视挑战
Very important test case
非常重要的测试案例
to find out if the new U.S. strategy will work.
用以鉴定美国的新战略是否行之有效
三个月后
2010年6月
We refer to whole mosque, put
我们希望整个清♥真♥寺
their fancy middle rep there.
能够恢复昔日的风貌
You gonna see Ganni Tae Park.
你该来看看甘尼塔公园
Which is what they call it, we keep trying change the name,
他们是这么叫的 我们想给它改个名字
we are trying to get it to a Freedom Park.
我们希望它改名叫自♥由♥公园
But they redid this whole…all the walls outside this mosque.
不过他们又重新修建了清♥真♥寺的外墙
Yeah, here’s the park.
公园到了
We’re pretty pround out of this, right here.
这是我们的得意之作
As you can tell, the benches are little slanted right there,
你能看出来 那些长凳有点歪
but, er,we are working on that
不过我们正在修
because these people are using those benches here, so,
因为当地居民都挺喜欢坐板凳
I thought they’ll like ’em.
我想他们会喜欢的
Cause we’re trying
我们在尝试
to create a little local economy here around the bazaar,
围绕市场建立一个小的经济体
it eventually becomes self-sufficient.
最终让市场能自给自足
So we start out with,
于是我们就从
you know, cash, work and quick impact projects,
现金 就业 和一些立竿见影的工程开始
to get the bazaar clean and to get it functioning again.
清理市场 让它恢复运作
And then that injects money into the bazaar.
然后为市场注入资金
That’s kind of the overall…
这差不多就是总体上的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!