It started at some point in the night
10月22日的一个晚上
of the 22nd of October, 4004BC.
-真老啊 -真老
– So old. – So old.
我有件事想问你
Something I want to ask you.
我在站台遇见你时正准备去哪吗
Where was I going when I saw you at the station?
不是
No.
史蒂芬 你没事吧
Stephen? Are you all right?
挺好
Fine.
事实上…我在想…
The thing is… I was wondering…
你愿不愿意嫁给我
Whether you consider marrying me?
你可能需要些时间
You probably want time to think about it.
我爱你
I love you.
这话的意思是你要拒绝我吗
Does that mean you’re about to say no?
还要点时间,我还要再考虑一下
Time. Time to think.
史蒂芬
Stephen.
现在没空 乔治
Not now, George.
这是我原创的论文 史蒂芬·霍金
This dissertation is my original work,S.W.Hamking
我在思考关于时光倒流的问题
I’m thinking about time going in the oppsite direction.
什么
What?
奇点
Singularities.
坍缩 是万物化为虚无
A collapse, everything into nothing, yes?
那么反过来 它就成了爆♥炸♥
So reverse the time so the collapse is an explosion.
虚无变为万物
Nothing into everything!
你是说恒星吗
You’re talking about stars?
不 不 我不是在说恒星
No! No, I’m not talking about stars!
我是说宇宙的起源
I’m talking about the beginning of the universe.
罗杰·彭罗斯 我找他真是太明智了
That Roger Penrose, clever of me to find him.
我就说你能帮到他
I’ve told you that you could help him.
我想他是自己做到的
He helped himself, I think.
这是你的另一个优点
That’s your other talent.
-什么 -你过分的谦虚
– What? – Your preposterous modesty.
你在这儿啊 你跑哪儿去了
There you are. Where have you been?
丹尼斯·夏马要见你 他表情很严肃
Dennis Sciama wants to see you. He seemed very serious!
前三章 并无新意
The first three chapters, nothing special.
第四章
The forth…
莫扎特(神来之笔)
Mozart.
哦 你好啊
Oh, hello.
简 女人是不被允许…
Jane, women are not allowed…
不能进去 违反规则
No, not allowed, against the rules.
我…我还是走吧
Ah, I’ll go.
再见
Good-bye.
我要去找财务主管要钥匙
I, er, I have to go and see the bursar for the keys.
我赢得奖学金了
They’ve given me a fellowship.
一起来吗
Are you coming?
钥匙分配的规则一视同仁
And the same rule for everyone are keys.
分房♥不给任何人特别待遇
No special treatment when it comes to housing.
我跟他们不一样
I am not like all the rest.
谁都这么说
That’s what they all say.
请你听我说 你听好了
Please listen to me, and you listen very carefully.
这个人不能上楼梯
This man cannot walk upstairs.
这是他疾病所致 而且他的情况还会更加糟糕
His illness will not allow it, his illness will get worse.
他需要分到比较好走的房♥间
He needs housing with easy access,
不管你去不去,你总会给他找一个比较好走的房♥间的
and you are going to find it for him because if you don’t,
不然所有报社.这所学校的财务主管都会被告知这所学校
all the newspapers will hear about how the bursar of this college
是怎么对待一个非常勇敢 天赋异禀
treats a man of huge courage, brilliant mind
并能对命运的不公不屑一顾的人
and capacity to imagine fates like a piece of nothing,
你听懂了吗
You understand me?
而且他将成为我丈夫
And he is going to be my husband.
他做的是爱因斯坦的工作
What he’s done is to make Einstein work.
他让爱因斯坦…
He has made Einstein…
有个词物理学家都喜欢
There’s a word that physicists like to use
但是很罕见— 美
very occacionally – beautiful.
他让爱因斯坦的理论很美
He has made Einstein beautiful.
是的 但是他到底做了什么
Yes, but what, what has he done?
你的儿子打开了一扇
Your son has opened up something
我以为 我们都以为是关闭着的门
which I thought, we all thought, was closed.
爱因斯坦似乎是预言到了它 但他放弃了
Einstein appeared to be predicting it and then, he turned away.
那可能是宇宙的开端
That could be the beginning.
宇宙 可能并不是一直都存在的
The universe, may not always has been here.
即使你是对的 但是也会有冲突
If you’re right, which you are not,
按你这么讲,大爆♥炸♥应该留下一些辐射
there should be left some radiation
而且也应该有人曾接收到了
from the Big Bang and somebody should have heard it.
但是还没人收到 是不是
But they haven’t, have they?
你说这是为什么
I wonder why that could be?
会不会是因为没有大爆♥炸♥呢
Could it be because it isn’t there?
证据在哪里 霍金 证据呢
Where’s the fossil, Hawking? Where’s the fossil?
我们得走了
We have to go on.
这一切息息相关 你明白吗
It connects. Do you understand?
它穿过了黑洞 穿过了童年
It goes right through dark hole, right through childhood,
穿过了蟑螂和行李箱 穿过了美国
right through cockroaches and suitcases and right through America
穿过了我成真的美国梦
and the Ameriacan dream which I have lived.
你懂吗
You understand me?
这些高频噪音
This noise.
这美丽的嘶嘶声
This goddamn beautiful hiss.
他们是相关的
It connects.
这是时间起源的声音
It’s the sound of the beginning of the time.
是大爆♥炸♥留下来的余温
The left over heat from the Big Bang.
我们无法降下来的3级辐射
The three degrees that hasn’t cooled yet.
无所不在 环绕着我们
It’s everywhere. It’s all around us.
有一百五十亿的历史(根据2010年所得到的最佳的观测结果,这些初始状态大约存在发生于133亿年至139亿年前)
It’s fifteen billion years old.
我们找到了它
And we found it.
这就是我们的发现
That’s our discovery.
我们得去领奖了 阿诺
We have to go to get the Prize, Arno.
那么在大爆♥炸♥以前是怎样的?
What was that before the Big Bang?
我们不知道是什么
We don’t know what it was,
不是时间 不是空间 不是物质
it wasn’t time, space or matter.
那是上帝的领域
There’s room for God.
对 理论上来说
Yes, in theory.
那现在做什么
So what now?
我要吃蔓越莓
I’m going to eat cranberry
和一大堆松露巧克力
and a huge number of chocolate truffles.
还要尽我所能给你形容你瓦格纳的作品是多么美妙
And find very hard to get you to see how wonderful Wagner is,
而勃拉姆斯是没那么好
and how Brahms is not so wonderful.
我是经过深思熟虑的!
I meant with work!
我研究的万物的理论都是宏观的
The theories of everything I have been looking at are big.
现在我想研究微观的
And now I want to look at the very small,
看我能不能结合引力和量子力学
and see how I may unify gravity and quantum mechanics.
理论上来说这要多久
How long might in theory everything take?
不会超过二十年
Twenty years no more than that.
这么快啊
That fast.
这么快呢
That fast.
我相信有这个可能性
I believe in the possible.
我们的生命如此短暂,我们如此渺小
I believe small though we are, insignificant though we maybe,
但我们却有能力理解宇宙
we can reach full understanding of the universe.
仰望着碧落星空才知道自己是多么的渺小
You’re right when you said you felt small
你说的没错
looking out the dome down there.
我们是很渺小
We’re very very small.
但我们却能够洞悉那些大家伙的本质
But we are profoundly capable of very very big things.
你去哪儿
Where are you going?
去做该做的事
Things to do.
去做该做的事
Things to do.
你听得到吗?
Can you hear me?
你听得到吗?
Can you hear me?
你听得到吗?
Can you hear me?
1978年12月10日 阿诺·彭齐亚斯
和罗伯特·威尔逊 因他们在1965年发现的
大爆♥炸♥的余热 而荣获诺贝尔奖
弗雷德·霍伊尔爵士一生硕果累累 逝于2001年
他一直没接受宇宙有起点的说法
1994年 罗杰·彭罗斯因对科学做出杰出贡献
而被授以爵位 他的对坍圮恒星的奇点理论
被宇宙中发现的黑洞证实
史蒂芬和简·霍金结婚25年 育有3个孩子
史蒂芬被确诊患有运动神经元病已有四十年
他现任剑桥大学数学系的卢卡斯教授
艾萨克·牛顿曾担任此职位

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!