可是 查姆利医生 我刚才查了…
But, Dr. Chumley, I was looking…
快点 市中心 上车
Quick, downtown. Step on it.
你妈妈呢 她在哪儿
Where’s your mother? Where is she?
她带埃尔伍德舅舅去疗养院了
She took Uncle Elwood out to the sanitarium.
我以为你知道
I thought you knew.
她刚才给俱乐部打了电♥话♥
She just called me on the phone at the club.
歇斯底里的
She’s hysterical.
-你家的电♥话♥在哪儿 -在书房♥里
– Where’s your phone? – In the library.
我妈妈为什么歇斯底里
What on earth was Mother hysterical about?
不知道 我没听清她说什么
I don’t know. I couldn’t make out what she was talking about.
她刚刚都要抓狂了
She was carrying on something fierce.
那个疗养院的电♥话♥在哪里
Where’s the number of that sanitarium?
我查查看 不过我也不清楚
I’ll look it up, but I don’t know
我妈有什么好抓狂的
what Mother had to carry on about.
她只要把埃尔伍德舅舅关起来就行了
All she had to do was have Uncle Elwood locked up.
也许就是那样
Maybe that’s it.
把埃尔伍德关起来让我觉得很难过
I feel bad about having Elwood locked up.
我一直很喜欢他
I always liked that boy.
他本来可以成大事
He could’ve done anything, been anything,
让他自己融入到社交圈里
made a place for himself in the community.
结果他却只是带着一只大兔子
And all he did was get a big rabbit.
我懂
Yeah, I know.
他有好几次把那只兔子带到我的办公室来
He’s had that rabbit up in my office many a time.
我老了 不过我没错过太多
I’m old, but I don’t miss much.
这地方叫什么名字 查姆利什么
What’s the name of this place? Chumley’s what?
查姆利疗养院
Chumley’s Rest.
是啊 埃尔伍德什么都不缺
Yeah, Elwood had everything.
头脑 人品和朋友
Brains, personality and friends.
无论男女 都喜欢他 我也喜欢他
Men liked him. Women liked him. I liked him.
女人喜欢他吗 那个埃尔伍德舅舅吗
Women liked him? Uncle Elwood?
-妈妈 -默多
– Mother! – Myrtle!
维塔·路易丝
Veta Louise!
出什么事儿了
What’s wrong, girl?
我还以为再也见不到你们了
I thought I’d never see either of you again.
扶着点她 法官 她看起来快晕倒了
Take hold of her, Judge. She looks like she’s going to faint.
还不至于 别催她
Not so fast. Don’t rush her,
默多 慢慢扶她进来
Myrtle. Ease her in.
扶我到坐的地方
Get me where I can sit down.
来这儿 亲爱的 给她倒点茶
There you are, girl. Get her some tea, Myrtle.
给我找个地方坐
Let me sit down somewhere.
我给你倒点茶 妈妈 你想喝茶吗
I’ll get you some tea, Mother. Do you want some tea?
不用了 我不想喝茶
No. I don’t want any tea.
他们刚一转过身去
The minute their backs were turned,
我像只受惊的兔子一样撒腿就跑
I ran like a frightened rabbit.
天啊 我没想那么说
Oh, I didn’t mean to say that!
我不知道我在说什么
I don’t know what I’m saying.
让我坐在这儿 让我喘口气
Just let me sit here. Let me get my breath.
让她喘口气
Let her get her breath.
让我喘喘气
Let me get my breath
然后让我上楼在自己的床上躺一会儿
and then let me get upstairs to my own bed where I can let go.
妈妈 你发生了什么事
Mother, what happened to you?
奥马尔 我想起诉他们
Omar, I want you to sue them.
他们把我关起来却把埃尔伍德放了
They put me in and let Elwood out.
-这是怎么回事 -妈妈
– What’s this? – Mother!
当我下楼去出租车里
As I was going down to the taxi cab
取埃尔伍德的东西的时候
to get Elwood’s things,
有个可怕的男人走出来了
this awful man stepped out.
他是个奴隶贩子 我知道
He was a white slaver, I know he was.
他穿着那种白色的制♥服♥
He was wearing one of those white suits.
好吸引买♥♥家
That’s how they advertise.
那个男人干了什么
The man, what did he do?
他干了什么
What did he do?
他抓住我 把我带到那里面 然后他…
He grabbed hold of me and he took me in there, and he…
接着说 维塔 继续 亲爱的
Go on, Veta. Go on, girl.
妈妈 说啊
Mother… Go on, Mother.
他年轻吗
Was he a young man?
默多·梅 你最好离开这里
Myrtle Mae, perhaps you’d better leave the room.
现在吗 我不要
Now? I should say not.
妈妈 继续说啊
Go on, Mother.
他干什么了 维塔
What’d he do, Veta?
他把我带到楼上 然后扒掉了我的衣服
He took me upstairs and he tore my clothes off.
你听到了吗 法官 妈妈 然后呢
Did you hear that, Judge? Go on, Mother.
然后他把我推进浴缸 泡在水里
And then he dumped me down in a tub of water.
我的天啊
Oh, for heaven’s sake!
我一定会起诉他们
By Godfrey, I’ll sue them for this!
我一直以为看人外表就能知其内里
I always thought that what you were showed in your face.
你不觉得吗 法官
Don’t you believe it, Judge,
你不觉得吗 默多·梅
don’t you believe it, Myrtle Mae.
那个男人紧紧的抓住我
That man grabbed hold of me
就好像我是个妓♥女♥一样
as though I was a woman of the streets.
不过我挣扎了
But I fought.
我一直都说如果有个男人想抓住我
I always said that if a man jumped at me,
我一定会挣扎
I’d fight.
我是不是经常说 默多·梅
Haven’t I always said that, Myrtle Mae?
对 她总是这么说 法官
Yes, she’s always said that, Judge.
那也是妈妈经常教育我的事情
That’s what Mother’s always told me to do.
他硬把我带进疗养院
Well, he hustled me into the sanitarium
还把我扔进了放满水的浴盆
and dumped me down in that tub of water
他那样对待我 就好像我是一个…
and treated me as though I was a…
什么
A what?
一个疯女人 他是故意那么做的
A crazy woman. But he did that just for spite.
我会替你讨回公道的
Well, I’ll be swizzled!
然后 其中一个医生
And then one of those doctors
上楼来 还问了我好多问题
came upstairs and asked me a lot of questions.
全是关于性♥欲♥和一些猥亵的东西
All about sex urges and all that filthy stuff.
那个地方应该被清理掉 法官
That place ought to be cleaned up, Judge.
你应该让当局去清理那里
You ought to get the authorities to clean it up.
千万别去那 听到了吗 默多·梅
Don’t you ever go out there. You hear me, Myrtle Mae?
那地方可真是臭气熏天 真是坏透了
This stinks to high heaven, girl. By Godfrey, it stinks.
加夫尼法官 所有的医生都是这样吗
Judge Gaffney, is that all those doctors do in places like that,
-满脑子都是性 -我不知道
– think about sex? – I don’t know.
如果是那样的话 他们应该感到羞耻
Because if it is, they ought to be ashamed of themselves.
不管怎样 他们满脑子装的都是那些事
It’s all in their heads anyway.
他们为什么不出去走走
Why don’t they get out
呼吸一下新鲜空气
and take long walks in the fresh air?
加夫尼法官这些年走遍四方 是不是
Judge Gaffney walked everywhere for years, didn’t you, Judge?
是吗
Did you?
我最好记下来
I better take some notes on this.
你说有一个医生上楼和你谈话了
You said one of the doctors came up to talk to you?
是的 是桑德森医生
Yes. Dr. Sanderson.
不用在意他说的任何话
But don’t pay any attention to anything he says.
他是个骗子 他双眼离的很近
He’s a liar. Close-set eyes.
那样的人♥大♥部分都是骗子
They’re always liars.
另外 我告诉了他一件严格保密的事
Besides, I told him something in strictest confidence
结果他泄露出去了
and he blabbed it.
你谁都不能相信
You can’t trust anyone!
你都告诉他什么了 妈妈
What did you tell him, Mother?
我…这有什么区别吗
Well, I… What difference does it make?
我不想再想了
I don’t want to think about it.
也不想再说了
I don’t want to talk about it.
你告诉桑德森医生的事情
Anything you told Dr. Sanderson,
都能告诉我们 维塔·路易丝
you can tell us, Veta Louise.
她是你女儿 而我是你的律师
This is your daughter, and I’m your lawyer.
我知道
I know which is which.
我就是不想再说了 我要起诉他们
I don’t want to talk about it. I want to sue them.
我要上楼躺回我自己的床上去
And I want to get upstairs to my own bed.
我真不应该打埃尔伍德的主意
I should never have tried to do anything about Elwood.
有些东西在保护着他 那个可怕的精灵
Something protects him. That awful pooka.
埃尔伍德舅舅在哪儿
Where is Uncle Elwood?
我怎么会知道 是他们把他放走的
How should I know? They let him go!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!