哈维是他的名字
Harvey’s his name.
医生 在说其他事之前
Doctor, before we go any further, I must insist
请你和凯丽小姐允许我
that you and Miss Kelly allow me
隆重介绍我的朋友…
to introduce you to a friend…
请听我讲重点 多德先生
Let me make my point, please, Mr. Dowd.
我认为你姐姐的病是心灵创伤造成的
I think that your sister’s condition stems from trauma.
什么造成的
From what?
心灵创伤 就是心灵受的伤
Trauma. Spelled T-R-A-U-M-A.
其实就是惊吓 没什么不同寻常的
It means shock. There’s nothing unusual about it.
比如产伤 或者说是分娩创伤
There’s the birth trauma, or the shock of being born.
那我们一辈子也理解不了
That’s the one we never get over.
你很幽默 多德先生
You have a very nice sense of humor, Mr. Dowd.
-对吧 凯丽小姐 -没错
– Hasn’t he, Miss Kelly? – Oh, he certainly has.
你们俩也很幽默
May I say the same for both of you.
总而言之 你姐姐的病情很严重
To sum it up, your sister’s condition
但我能帮助她
is serious, but I can help her.
但是 她得暂时留在这里
She must, however, remain out here temporarily.
我希望维塔能得偿所愿
Well, I’ve always wanted Veta to have everything she needs.
没错
Exactly.
但我不想让她住在外面
But I wouldn’t want her to stay out here
除非她自己愿意
unless she likes it out here and wants to stay here.
如果她只是普通的幻视
If this were an ordinary delusion,
比如看到回忆的片段之类的
something reflected on the memory picture,
那也没太大问题
that would be one thing.
但她的情况要严重得多
But this, this is much more serious.
毕竟从来没有人见过
It stands to reason no one
个头有1米8的大白兔
has ever seen a white rabbit six feet high.
是不常见 医生
Not very often, Doctor.
所以她必须暂时待在这里
So she must be committed here temporarily.
这种情况就算是我奶奶我也要把她关起来
Under the circumstances, I’d commit my own grandmother.
你奶奶也酗酒吗
Does your grandmother drink, too?
我就是打个比方
That’s just an expression.
这里一张是住院协议 请你签字
Now here are the commitment papers for you to sign,
一张是访客通行证
and here’s a visitor’s pass.
你可以随时来探望她
You can come and see her whenever you like.
我觉得你最好去找维塔签字 医生
Well, I think maybe you better have Veta do this, Doctor.
这种事通常是她来做 她是我家领导
She always does all the signing and managing for our family.
她很擅长这些
She’s good at it.
我会让你的家庭律师保管
I’ll have your family lawyer take care of it.
加夫尼法官
Judge Gaffney.
我们总是电♥话♥解决这类事
He’s already telephoned us in connection with this matter.
-是吗 -没错
– Is that so? – Yes.
我很欣赏你 多德先生
You know, I like you, Dowd.
我也是 医生
Well, I like you too, Doctor.
凯丽小姐 我也很欣赏你
And Miss Kelly here. I certainly do like you.
谢谢 多德先生
Why, thank you, Mr. Dowd.
既然我们聊得这么开心
You two have been so pleasant,
何不继续下去呢
why don’t we just keep on going with it?
我邀请你们一起去市中心
I’d like to invite you to come downtown with me
我们可以去查理酒馆坐坐
and we’ll go to a charming little place called Charlie’s
一起喝一杯
and we’ll have a drink.
不好意思 我们还得工作
Well, I’m sorry, but we’re on duty now.
改天再约吧
Give us a rain check on it.
有时间我们一定去
Some other time, we’d be glad to.
什么时候
When?
我也不能随便保证
Well, I can’t say offhand.
我和凯丽小姐今晚10点才下班
Miss Kelly and I are on duty until 10:00 tonight.
10点正好 我会等你们的
Oh, 10:00 will be fine. I’ll be waiting for you.
在12街和主大道街口
It’s at 12th and Main.
如果我们能赶到
If we can make it.
我会等你们的
I’ll be waiting.
今晚我们4个可以共度良宵了
The four of us will spend a very pleasant evening together.
我希望你们都能和
I want both of you to become friends
我亲密的朋友交好
with a very dear friend of mine.
-到时候再见对吧 -是的 是的
– But you said later on, didn’t you? – Yes, yes.
那好 说定了 再见
All right, later on it’ll be. Goodbye.
再见 多德先生
Goodbye, Mr. Dowd.
天啊 刚才好险
Boy, that was a close shave!
他看起来是个通情达理的人
But he seemed like a reasonable sort of a fellow.
干得漂亮 医生 你真棒
You handled him beautifully, Doctor. You were wonderful.
用了点心理学 这么多年不是白练的
Psychology. Specialized training. Takes years of it.
下午好 查姆利太太
Good afternoon, Mrs. Chumley.
下午好 赫尔曼
Good afternoon, Herman.
停车 莱斯利
Stop the car a moment, Leslie.
需要我帮忙吗
Is there something I can do for you?
你想帮我什么
What did you have in mind?
你踩了我老公的宝贝大丽花
You were walking on my husband’s prized dahlias.
我是查姆利太太 查姆利医生的太太
I’m Mrs. Chumley, Dr. Chumley’s wife.
我叫埃尔伍德·P·多德 这是我的…
Dowd’s my name. Elwood P. Let me give you one of my…
你在找人吗
You looking for someone over there?
对 我在找我的朋友哈维
Yes. I’m looking for my friend Harvey.
我一转身的工夫
I turned my back for an instant
他就不知道溜达到哪了
and he seems to have wandered off.
希望你能遇到他 查姆利太太
I wish you could meet him, Mrs. Chumley.
他一定会喜欢上你的
I’m sure he’d be quite taken with you.
谢谢
Oh, thank you.
你的嘴真甜啊
You’re very nice to say so.
不客气 不客气
Not at all. Not at all.
查姆利太太 能邀你一起去市中心吗
Mrs. Chumley, would you care to come downtown with me?
我很乐意请你喝一杯
I’d be happy to buy you a drink.
我不能去 我要和老公参加鸡尾酒会
Oh, I can’t. My husband and I are going to a cocktail party.
麦克卢尔医生为威奇托的妹妹举办的宴会
Dr. McClure is giving a party for his sister from Wichita.
我不知道麦克卢尔医生还有个威奇托的妹妹呢
Oh. I didn’t know Dr. McClure had a sister in Wichita.
你认识麦克卢尔医生吗
Then you know Dr. McClure?
不认识
No.
那你…
But you…
你确定你没有时间
But are you sure you wouldn’t have time
跟我到市中心喝一杯吗
to come downtown with me and have a drink?
真的不行 但是我跟你说
No, I can’t. I’ll tell you what I’ll do, however.
什么 我很好奇
What will you do, however? I’m interested.
如果我在宴会上见到你朋友
If I meet your friend inside,
我可以帮你给他带个口信
I’ll be glad to give him a message for you.
你可以帮我吗 真的太感谢了
Would you do that for me? I certainly would appreciate that.
就让他到市中心来见我吧 如果他有空
Just tell him to meet me downtown, if he has no other plans.
市中心哪里呢
Any particular place downtown?
他知道在哪里
No, he knows where.
哈维对这个小镇了若指掌
Harvey knows this town like a book.
但是我怎么知道哪个人是你朋友呢
But how will I recognize your friend?
你不会错过他的查姆利太太 他是个精灵
You can’t miss him, Mrs. Chumley. He’s a pooka.
精灵 这是新的流行语吗
A pooka? Is that something new?
不 据我所知 他是很古老的
No, no. As I understand it, that’s something very old.
但哈维不仅仅是精灵 他还是我的挚友
But Harvey’s not only a pooka, he’s also my best friend.
如果哈维能和我说话
If Harvey’s said to me once,
我敢肯定他会不厌其烦地跟我说
I’ll bet he’s said, oh, probably a million times,
多德先生 我愿意为你做任何事
he said, “Mr. Dowd, I would do anything for you.”
真贴心啊
How sweet.
对呀 他也很喜欢我姐姐维塔
Yeah. He’s also very fond of my sister Veta.
但是维塔好像不太待见哈维
But Veta doesn’t seem to care for Harvey.
你不觉得这很让人难过吗 查姆利太太
Now don’t you think that’s rather too bad, Mrs. Chumley?
我不知道 多德先生
I don’t know, Mr. Dowd.
很早以前我就不抱希望
I gave up long ago
我的家人会喜欢我的朋友了
expecting my family to like my friends.
那是无用功
It’s useless.
可是我们还是得继续努力 不是吗
We must keep on trying though, mustn’t we?
-是啊 -再见 亲爱的
– Oh, yes. – Goodbye, my dear.
再见
Goodbye.
莱斯利 他刚才说的是精灵吗
Leslie, did he say, “Pooka”?
是的 太太 他就是那么说的
Yes, ma’am. That’s what the man said.
您的通行证
Your pass?
在这儿
There you are.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!