在18街和19街之间
It was between 18th and 19th.
你知道那个街区吗
I… Do you know the block?
知道 知道
Yes, yes.
我刚把艾德·西奇送上出租车
I’d just put Ed Hickey into a taxi.
艾德把黑威士忌跟杜松子酒掺在一起喝
Ed had been mixing his rye with his gin, and he…
我只是觉得他需要人送回家
I just felt that he needed conveying.
不管怎么说 我在散步
Anyway, I was walking down along the street
就听到了一个声音 说道
and I heard this voice saying
晚上好 多德先生
“Good evening, Mr. Dowd.”
我转过身去
Well, I turned around
就看到了这只一米八的大兔子
and here was this big six-foot rabbit,
斜倚在路灯旁
leaning up against a lamppost.
我没多想 因为
I thought nothing of that because when you’ve lived in a town
你像我一样在这个小城待了这么长时间的活
as long as I’ve lived in this one
你就会习惯于大家都知道你的名字
you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.
自然而然地 我过去和他聊天
Naturally, I went over to chat with him.
他对我说道
And he said to me, he said
艾德·西奇今晚喝高了
“Ed Hickey was a little spiffed this evening.
要不就是我搞错了
“Or could I be mistaken?”
他当然没有搞错
Of course, he was not mistaken.
我十分喜爱艾德 但是他确实喝高了
I think the world and all of Ed, but he was spiffed.
我们这样聊了一会 然后我对他说
We talked like that for a while and then I said to him
我说
I said
这可不公平
“You have the advantage on me.
你知道我的名字 但我不知道你的
“You know my name and I don’t know yours.”
他立马说道
And right back at me, he said
你喜欢什么名字
“What name do you like?”
我不假思索
Well, I didn’t even have to think twice about that.
哈维一直是我最爱的名字
Harvey’s always been my favorite name.
所以我说 哈维
So I said to him, I said, “Harvey.”
然后
And, uh…
最有意思的事情发生了
This is the interesting thing about the whole thing.
他说 多巧
He said, “What a coincidence.
我的名字就叫哈维
“My name happens to be Harvey.”
多德
Dowd
你父亲叫什么
what was your father’s name?
约翰 约翰·斯图弗森特
John. John Stuyvesant.
告诉我 多德
Tell me, Dowd
你小时候
when you were a child
有玩伴吗
didn’t you have a playmate?
那种你能在一起玩得很开心的人
Someone with whom you spent many happy hours?
有 我有 医生
Yes. Yes, I did, Doctor.
-有吗 -有
– Didn’t you? – Yes.
他叫什么
What was his name?
瓦恩 瓦恩·梅塞希尼
Vern. Vern McElhinney.
你认识姓梅塞希尼的人吗 医生
You ever know the McElhinneys, Doctor?
不认识
No.
真糟糕 有很多这样的人 他们遍布各地
That’s too bad. There were a lot of them and they circulated.
人很好 他们棒极了
Very nice people. Just wonderful people.
好好想想 多德
Think carefully, Dowd.
你会不会在某时某地
Didn’t you know somebody sometime
认识过一个叫哈维的人
someplace, by the name of Harvey?
你认不认识叫这个名字的人
Didn’t you ever know anybody by that name?
不认识
No.
一个都不认识 医生
No, not one, Doctor.
也许这就是我对这个名字有这么大期望的原因
Maybe that’s why I always had such hopes for it.
我们搜查了这两个地方
Hey, we looked in both of those joints
查姆利医生都不在
and Dr. Chumley ain’t in either one of them.
我叫了后援 你们在这干什么
I brought help. What’re you doing out here?
来 我们回疗养院
Come on. We’re going back to the sanitarium.
走 埃尔伍德
Come, Elwood.
很好 莱曼
Very well, Lyman.
恐怕我不能待太长时间 我必须要找到哈维
I’m afraid I won’t be able to stay very long. I must find Harvey.
哪个是多德
Which one is Dowd?
我叫埃尔伍德·P·多德
My name’s Dowd, Elwood P.
让我给你一张名片
Here, let me give you one of my cards.
去你的名片
Never mind the card!
威尔逊 我跟你说什么来着
Wilson, what did I tell you?
来了 来了
Coming, coming.
-是谁 -是我 快开门
– Who is it? – It’s me. Open the gates quickly.
是你 医生
Oh! It’s you, Doctor!
我还以为你下班了 医生
I thought you’d gone for the night, Doctor. I thought you’d gone.
关门 赫尔曼 快关门
Close them, Herman. Close them. Close the gates.
你还好吗 医生
Are you all right, Doctor?
我被跟踪了
I’m being followed.
谁在跟踪你
Who’s following you?
不关你的事
None of your business.
-你叫我了吗 医生 -没有
– You called me, Doctor? – No.
没有 我没叫你
No, I didn’t. No.
一切都挺好
Everything’s fine.
怎么了
What’s wrong?
怎么了 赫尔曼 怎么回事
What happened, Herman? What’s going on?
警报响了 有人翻窗户
The alarm went off. Somebody must’ve come through a window.
医生
Yes, Doctor.
桑德森 他在追我
Sanderson, he’s after me.
谁在追你 医生
Who’s after you, Doctor?
我谁都没看见
I don’t see anyone.
我看见了 他从窗户翻过来追我
I saw him. He came through the window, followed me through it.
是谁 医生
Who was it, Doctor?
谁翻窗户出来了 医生
Who came through the window, Doctor?
-我不告诉你 -他在说什么
– I won’t tell you. – What’s he talking about?
算了
Forget it.
我回办公室了 不要打扰我
I’m going to my office and I don’t wish to be disturbed.
算了 他说的 不是我
“Forget it,” He says. Not me.
我去周围看看
I’m taking a look around this joint.
我看看怎么回事
I’m gonna see what’s going on.
-门锁上了 -锁上了?
– It’s locked. – Locked?
你有备用钥匙吗 小姐
Have you any extra keys, miss?
有的 等我去拿
Yes. Yes, we have. I’ll get them.
查姆利医生 我围着房♥子转了一圈
Dr. Chumley, I went around the house
从窗户爬进来了
and climbed in through the window.
谁都没看到
I didn’t see anybody.
谢谢你 威尔逊 没问题了
Thank you, Wilson. It’s quite all right.
一切都没问题 谢谢 我很好
Everything’s in order, thank you. I’ll be all right.
查姆利医生 如果你需要我 我会…
Dr. Chumley, if you need me, I’ll…
天杀的 我们忘了那个疯子了
Holy smoke! We forgot about that crackpot.
他可能在到处乱跑
He’s probably roaming around loose!
抱歉
Excuse me.
抓住他了 医生 好了 我们上楼
I got him, Doctor. All right, buddy, let’s go upstairs.
我要给你剪指甲
I wanna do your fingernails for you.
你可真体贴
Very thoughtful of you.
等一下 威尔逊 我带他走
Just a second, Wilson. I’ll take him.
谢谢 医生
Thank you, Doctor.
凯丽小姐
Miss Kelly.
凯丽小姐 也许你会喜欢这朵花
Miss Kelly, perhaps you’d like this flower.
我好像把扣眼弄错位了
I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole.
-谢谢 多德先生 -好了 我们走
– Thank you, Mr. Dowd. – Okay, let’s go.
请等一下
One moment, please.
查姆利医生 能再见到你真好
Dr. Chumley. How nice to run into you again.
跟我说说 你怎么和哈维相处的
Tell me, how are you getting along with Harvey?
多德先生 我希望能和你在办公室单独谈
Mr. Dowd, I’d like to speak to you in my office alone, please.
当然可以 医生
Well, I’d like that too, Doctor,
但我刚刚答应这位先生 让他帮我修指甲
but I just promised this gentleman he could give me a manicure.
你不介意
Of course, if you wouldn’t mind
稍等一会儿吧 威尔逊先生
waiting for few minutes, Mr. Wilson?
不 不介意 多德先生
No, not at all, Mr. Dowd. Not at all.
失陪 你先请
Oh. Excuse me. You first.
好的
Oh. Okay. Fine.
多德先生 请坐
Mr. Dowd, won’t you have a seat?
谢谢
Thank you.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!