跟她说他们在芝加哥见过面
explaining to her that they had once met in Chicago.
然后她的酒伴把查姆利医生送回到哈维和我这里
Then her escort escorted Dr. Chumley back here to Harvey and me
还说查姆利医生
and tried to point out that it would be better for Dr. Chumley
管好自己的风流韵事就行了
to mind his own affairs.
他有吗
Does he have any?
他有什么
Does he have any what?
-他有风流韵事吗 -我怎么知道
– Does he have any affairs? – How would I know?
闭嘴 威尔逊 继续 多德先生
Shut up, Wilson! Go on, Mr. Dowd.
谢谢 克拉格先生
Well… Thank you, Mr. Cracker.
斯摩希尔斯小姐的酒伴一直盯着查姆利医生
Mrs. Smethills’ escort seemed to get more and more depressed
越来越消沉
as he kept looking at Dr. Chumley.
因此哈维和我认为
So Harvey and I felt that we should
我们应该把医生带到别的地方去
take the doctor somewhere else.
哈维说去布兰迪鸡肉店
Harvey suggested Blondie’s Chicken Inn
但是医生想去艾迪鸡肉店
but the doctor wanted to go to Eddie’s.
他们在争论不休的时候
And while they were arguing about it
我去了吧台再点一些酒
I went up to the bar to order another drink.
我回来的时候 他们就不见了
And when I came back here, they were gone.
你们不会相信一个医生坐在这
You don’t believe that story about the doctor sitting here
和一只大白兔聊天的 是吧
talking to a big white rabbit, do you?
为什么不相信 当时哈维就在这
Well, why not? Harvey was here.
一开始 查姆利医生好像有点害怕哈维
At first, Dr. Chumley seemed a little frightened of Harvey
随着夜色渐浓 恐惧就变成了尊敬
but that gave way to admiration as the evening wore on.
夜色渐浓
“The evening wore on.”
这样说真好听 是吧
That’s a very nice expression, isn’t it?
你们要允许的话 我就再说一遍
With your permission, I’ll say it again.
夜色渐浓
“The evening wore on.”
你要是允许的话 我就把你的脑袋打开花
And with your permission, I’m gonna knock your brains out.
不论你对查姆利医生做了什么
Now look, you did something to Dr. Chumley
我都要查出来
and I’m gonna find out what it is.
-住手 -莱曼 威尔逊 老天啊
– Stop it! – Lyman! Wilson! For heaven’s sake!
好 想让我出去是吗 很好
All right! Want me to go outside? All right!
克拉格先生 克拉格先生
Mr. Cracker? Mr. Cracker?
多德先生 请说
Sure, Mr. Dowd.
克拉格先生 我可以为我的朋友说几句话吗
Mr. Cracker, may I intercede for my friends?
年轻人气盛 时间会磨平他们的棱角
Youth and high spirits. Time will take care of that.
当然 多德先生
Sure, Mr. Dowd.
-伙计们 松开他们 -放手吧
– Okay, boys, let them go. – Let them go.
既然多德先生为你们担♥保♥ 那就算了
If Mr. Dowd vouches for you, Okay.
再敢闹事的话
One more peep out of you, wisenheimer
就让你吃不了兜着走
and I’ll butter your necktie.
很好 继续跳舞吧
Yeah, fine. All right, get back to your dancing.
尽管这一切都这么刺♥激♥
Stimulating as all this is
我觉得我们还是应该喝酒
I think we all should have our drinks.
凯丽小姐 请坐
Here, Miss Kelly, sit down.
这里 桑德森医生
Here we are. Dr. Sanderson.
好好盯着他
You keep your eye on him.
我去检查刚刚提到的两个地方
I’m gonna check in those other two joints.
查姆利最好在其中之一 不然要你好看
And Dr. Chumley better be there, pal, or else!
-威尔逊先生 -怎么了
– Mr. Wilson? – Yeah?
再见 威尔逊先生 再见
Goodbye, Mr. Wilson. Goodbye.
对你和你要遇到的人致以最美好的祝愿
My regards to you and anybody else you happen to run into.
多德先生 你想不出任何
Mr. Dowd, can’t you think of anything else
能帮助找到医生的线索了吗
that might help us to find the doctor?
凯丽小姐 我能握住你的手吗
Miss Kelly, may I take hold of your hand?
可以 多德先生 如果你想这么做的话
Yes, Mr. Dowd, if you want to.
我们都十分担心
We’re all so worried.
请努力想想 好吗
Please try to think. Please?
为了你 我愿意做任何事
For you, I’d do anything.
我连重过人生几乎都能做到
I’d almost be willing to live my life over again.
几乎都能 但是我已经把能说的都说了
Almost. But I’ve told it all.
确定吗
You’re sure?
十分确定
I’m quite sure.
不过再问我一遍 行吗
But ask me again anyway, won’t you?
我喜欢刚才你温柔的声音
I liked that warm tone you had in your voice just then.
我也喜欢
So did I.
也许我们应该去别处看看
Maybe we better go someplace else.
凯丽小姐似乎不开心
Miss Kelly seems to be a little unhappy.
不 我们待在这 凯丽很好
No, let’s stay here. Kelly’s all right.
也许你愿意跳舞 凯丽小姐
Perhaps you’d like to dance, Miss Kelly.
可以 多德先生 只要你想跳
All right, Mr. Dowd, if you’d like to.
我不跳
Oh, not I. No.
我原来过跳舞 但是已经好多年没跳了
I used to dance. I haven’t danced in years.
我确信桑德森医生愿意
I’m sure Dr. Sanderson would love to dance
与你这样可爱的人共舞
with somebody as lovely as you. Hmm?
来跳舞吗 凯丽小姐
Would you, Miss Kelly?
-好吧 -很好
– All right. – There we are.
我们有好长时间没有共舞了
It’s been a long time since we’ve danced together.
确实很长时间了
Yes, a long time.
我都忘了你跳得这么好
I’d forgotten what a wonderful dancer you were.
如果我们不是为了迁就多德先生
If we didn’t have to humor Mr. Dowd
你就一点都记不得了
you wouldn’t have remembered at all.
我可不是为了迁就多德先生才和你跳舞 露丝
I’m not dancing with you to humor Mr. Dowd, Ruth.
我们不该丢下他一人的
We shouldn’t have left him alone!
你要去哪 多德先生
Where are you going, Mr. Dowd?
我只是在找人
I was just looking for someone.
我们进去吧
Why don’t you come back inside?
如果你想让我进去 那就好吧
All right, if you want me to.
外面的感觉真好
It seemed to be so pleasant out here.
你们跳舞跳得很棒
You two look very nice dancing together.
我原来也会很多舞步
I used to know a whole lot of dances.
跑马步
The Flea Hop.
还有那个…
And what’s the…
黒臀舞 木偶舞
The Black Bottom. The Varsity Drag.
不知道 我好像再也没时间了一样
I don’t know. I just don’t seem to have any time anymore.
总有那么多要做的事情
I have so many things to do.
你都做了些什么 多德先生
What is it you do, Mr. Dowd?
哈维和我坐在酒馆里
Harvey and I sit in the bars
喝一两杯酒 玩玩点唱机
and have a drink or two, play the jukebox.
很快 其他人就看着我
And soon the faces of all the other people
冲我微笑
they turn toward mine and they smile.
他们说 我们不知道你的名字 先生
And they’re saying, “We don’t know your name, mister”
但你是个好人
“But you’re a very nice fellow.”
哈维和我
Harvey and I
在那一段黄金时光互暖身心
warm ourselves in all these golden moments.
我们初入这里时谁都不认识
We’ve entered as strangers.
但很快就交到了朋友
Soon we have friends.
他们过来坐在我们旁边
And they come over and they sit with us
陪我们喝酒聊天
and they drink with us, and they talk to us.
叙述他们做过的大坏事
They tell about the big, terrible things they’ve done
筹划打算做的大好事
and the big, wonderful things they’ll do.
畅谈志向与遗憾
Their hopes and their regrets
爱与恨
their loves and their hates
它们都宏大无比
all very large
因为酒馆容不下小肚鸡肠
because nobody ever brings anything small into a bar.
然后
And then
我把他们介绍给哈维
I introduce them to Harvey.
他比他们所说的一切都更加伟大
And he’s bigger and grander than anything they offer me.
然后…
And…
他们走的时候都印象深刻
And when they leave, they leave impressed.
同样的人很少来第二次
The same people seldom come back
但那是嫉妒 亲爱的
but that’s… That’s envy, my dear.
最好的人也会多少心怀一丝嫉妒
There’s a little bit of envy in the best of us.
真糟 不是吗
And that’s too bad, isn’t it?
你怎么会叫他哈维
How did you happen to call him Harvey?
哈维是他的名字
Harvey’s his name.
你怎么知道的
How do you know that?
因为一个有趣的巧合 医生
There was a rather interesting coincidence on that, Doctor.
几年前的一晚
One night, several years ago
我在费尔法克斯大街上散步
I was walking early in the evening down along Fairfax Street.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!