我的朋友叫哈维
多德家 348号♥
莱斯特·F·施瓦茨 医学博士 内科医生兼外科医生
查理酒馆
查姆利疗养院
水疗室
查姆利疗养院
查理酒馆
你先请
After you.
这里是348号♥吗
Is this 348?
是的
Yes, it is.
这有份特别快递
I’ve got a special delivery here.
听起来不错
Oh, that sounds interesting.
是寄给多德的
It’s for Dowd.
我就是埃尔伍德·P·多德
Dowd’s my name. Elwood P.
给 先生
Here, sir.
给你一张我的名片吧
Let me give you one of my cards.
不麻烦了 在这签个字就行
That won’t be necessary, sir. Just sign right here.
真是美好的一天
Beautiful day.
每天都很美好啊
Oh, every day’s a beautiful day.
-给你 -谢谢
– There. – Thank you.
这人不错
He was a nice man.
走吧
Come on.
谢天谢地 他终于走了
Thank heavens he’s gone!
默多 能在客人来之前
Oh, Myrtle, it’s a wonderful feeling
让你舅舅出门遛遛真是太好了
to have your relative out of the house before the company comes.
妈妈 你确定埃尔伍德舅舅不会
Mother, you’re sure Uncle Elwood won’t come back
在客人到齐后杀个回马枪来搅局吗
and spoil everything after the guests arrive?
当然不会 亲爱的
Of course not, dear.
你舅舅总是把整个下午
Your uncle always spends the afternoon downtown
耗在闹市肮脏的的酒馆和小酒店里
at those filthy bars and taverns. You know that.
我去告诉女佣可以备餐了
I’ll go tell the cateress to get started.
约翰逊小姐 你这是要干什么啊
Why, Miss Johnson, what are you doing?
走人
Leaving.
约翰逊小姐 你是被雇来准备宴会的呀
Miss Johnson, you were hired to serve as well as cater.
客人随时都会来的
Our guests will be here any minute.
约翰逊小姐 你…
Now, Miss Johnson…
默多 交给我吧 亲爱的
Myrtle, let me handle this, dear.
约翰逊小姐 怎么了
Miss Johnson, what’s wrong?
刚才有个人在这
There was a man here a minute ago
和我聊了几句
and he stopped and he spoke to me.
你没告诉他聚会的事情吧
You didn’t tell him anything about our party, did you?
我什么都没说
I didn’t tell him nothing.
他给了我他的名片 拿去
He gave me his card. Here.
然后他给我介绍了一个人
And then he introduced me to somebody.
谁啊
To whom?
出了这种事我还敢在这待下去吗
Do you think I’d stay in this house after that?
妈妈 每天都有人被卡车压死
Mother, people get run over by trucks every day.
埃尔伍德舅舅怎么就遇不上这种事呢
Why can’t something like that happen to Uncle Elwood?
默多·梅·西蒙斯 我为你感到羞愧
Myrtle Mae Simmons, I’m ashamed of you.
即便大家都说你舅舅是个怪人
Even if people do call your uncle peculiar,
他仍是我的宝贝弟弟
he is still my baby brother.
而且这也不是他的错
And this thing is not his fault.
那是谁的错呢
Whose fault is it then?
只好让厨师来招待宴会了
Now, we’ll get the cook to do the serving.
过来帮把手 亲爱的
Come along and lend me a hand, dear.
时间无多 埃尔维拉
We haven’t got much time. Elvira!
不是他的错是谁的错
If it isn’t his fault, whose fault is it?
我知道是谁的 但我不会告诉你
I know whose fault it is, dear, but I’m not telling.
你不告诉我
You’re not telling?
埃尔维拉
Elvira?
埃尔维拉 可以上菜了
Elvira, you can bring those things in now.
妈妈 为什么咱们不能像别人那样正常生活
Oh, Mother, why can’t we live like other people?
默多·梅 我还得提醒你多少次
Myrtle Mae, do I have to keep reminding you
埃尔伍德舅舅不靠我们过日子
your Uncle Elwood is not living with us,
是咱们靠着他
we’re living with him.
他还有他的好友
Living with him and his pal!
你答应过我的
You promised.
他的朋友哈维
With his pal Harvey!
你居然提了那个名字
You said that name.
你答应永远不提的 结果还是提了
You promised you wouldn’t say that name and you said it.
妈妈 祖母为什么把所有的遗产
Mother, why did grandmother leave
都留给了埃尔伍德舅舅
all of her property to Uncle Elwood?
可能因为她是在他怀里过世的吧
I suppose it was because she died in his arms.
人在这方面总喜欢感情用事
People are sentimental about things like that.
你总这么说 但这完全不可能啊
You always say that and it doesn’t make sense.
她总不可能在死后才立下遗嘱吧
She couldn’t make out a will after she died, could she?
默多 别总对人说教
Oh, Myrtle, don’t be didactic.
这可不是小女孩应有的样子
It’s not becoming in a young girl.
而且男人们也厌恶这样的女士
Besides, men loathe it.
男人 我哪有机会认识他们
Men! A fine chance I’ve got.
默多 亲爱的 你知道
Now, Myrtle, dear, you know the whole idea
办这次聚会是为了…
of this party this afternoon is to…
是为了让你接触社交界
Is to get you started socially,
这样你才能认识一些不错的绅士
so that you can meet some nice young men.
有什么用呢
Oh, what’s the use?
默多·梅·西蒙斯 她舅舅
Myrtle Mae Simmons, her uncle,
埃尔伍德·P·多德是镇上…
Elwood P. Dowd, is the biggest…
最出名的怪人 谁还会娶我
screwball in town! Who’d want me?
默多 亲爱的 你这么可爱又魅力四射
Oh, Myrtle, dear, you’re sweet and you have so much to offer.
不管别人怎么说
I don’t care what anyone says,
每个年轻女孩都有着独特的魅力
there’s something sweet about every young girl.
总有一个男士会对你一见钟情无法自拔的
And a man takes that sweetness and look what he does with it.
自信点 亲爱的
Show some poise, dear.
你一定要给肖维涅太太留个好印象
I want you to charm Mrs. Chauvenet.
她有个和你差不多年纪的外孙
She has a grandson just about your age.
万一埃尔伍德舅舅回来可就有好戏看了
A lot of good that’ll do if Uncle Elwood comes home.
埃尔伍德舅舅下午不会回来的
Well, Uncle Elwood won’t be home this afternoon.
不过也有可能
Or will he?
我得给加夫尼法官打个电♥话♥确保万无一失
I’m going to telephone Judge Gaffney. We can’t take any chances.
妈妈 你最好快点
Mother, you better hurry.
哈尔西太太和图克斯伯里小姐已经到了
Mrs. Halsey and Miss Tewksbury are here already.
好的 亲爱的 我正在抓紧呢
Oh, dear. Yes, dear, I am hurrying.
快点啊 妈妈 她们已经下车了
Well, hurry, Mother. They’re getting out of the car!
请接加夫尼法官 维塔·西蒙斯太太找
Judge Gaffney, please. Mrs. Veta Simmons calling.

Yes?
把电♥话♥接过来
Oh. Put her on.
维塔 能和你通电♥话♥真是荣幸
Veta, my girl, this is a pleasure.
法官先生 时间紧迫
Judge, we haven’t got a moment to lose.
我请了”周三茶会”的女士们作客
I’m having the Wednesday Forum over
是为埃塞尔·肖维涅准备的
for a program tea and reception
宴会和下午茶
for Ethel Chauvenet.
埃尔伍德刚刚出门了 但我担心他会回来
Elwood has just gone out, but I’m so afraid he may come back.
你理解我的顾虑的
You can understand why.
图克斯伯里小姐 哈尔西太太 你们好
Oh, hello, Miss Tewksbury, Mrs. Halsey.
先去客厅坐坐吧
Go right into the drawing room.
默多 亲爱的 帮两位挂一下外套
Myrtle, dear, take their things.
是的 你得帮帮我 法官先生
Yes, you’ve got to help me, Judge.
你得帮帮我 我不能…
You’ve got to help me. I can’t…
大声点 听不见 维塔
Speak up, speak up, Veta.
什么 我听不清你在说什么
What? I can’t make out what you’re talking about.
这样啊
Is that so?
你好啊 斯翠克伯格太太
Oh! Yoo-hoo, Mrs. Strickleberger.
你好 西蒙斯太太
Oh, hello, Mrs. Simmons.
不 不 就这么办
Oh, no, no, no. Yes, that’ll be all right.
交给我吧
You can depend on me.
好的
All right.
明宁格 几分钟后
Minninger, in a few minutes,
有个男人将经过广场
a man will be crossing the square.
他穿着大衣 戴着帽子
He’ll be wearing a hat and coat
手里还拿着另一套衣帽
and carrying another one over his arms.
去跟着他
I want you to follow him.
有必要的话 阻拦他 动静别太大
If necessary, even confront him. Quietly, of course.
好的 先生
Yes, sir.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!