didn’t find any sort of farewell or suicide note.
没有找到遗书或自杀信
I was wondering if you…
希望你能…
If I come across anything in the Capponi library stuffed in a drawer or book
如果我在抽屉或书中 找到任何有用的东西
I’ll call you at once.
一定会立刻通知你
Thank you.
谢谢你
You’ve been reassigned.
你被改派任务了
Pardon?
你说什么?
You were on the II Mostro case, I’m sure I read.
我记得 你本来在调查莫斯楚的案件
Yes, that’s right. Now you’re on this.
没错 现在却查这个案子
This is much less grand a case, I would think.
就我所知 这不是什么大案子
Well, if I thought of my work in those terms
如果以知名度而言…
yes, I guess I’d agree.
你说的不错
A missing person. Sorry?
调查失踪人口 你说什么?
Were you unfairly dismissed from the grander case, or did you deserve it?
是因为不平等待遇 还是因为你的能力不够?
Regarding this one, Dr. Fell
费尔博士 让我们再回到原题
are the signore’s personal effects still at the Palazzo?
辛诺的私人物品 是否仍在图书馆内?
Packed neatly in four cases with an inventory.
一共装了四大箱 还有清单
Alas, no note.
就是没有遗书
I’ll send someone over to pick them up. Thank you for your help.
我会叫人来取 谢谢你的帮忙
Hey, thanks.
嘿 谢谢你
How’s it going? Any leads?
进行的如何?有线索吗?
Yeah, they’re all leads. They just don’t lead to him.
都是线索 可惜就是找不到他
I don’t know how you live with this stuff.
真佩服你能天天和这些为伍
Oh, God.
天呀
This is from the Guinness Book of World Records congratulating me
这封是世界记录给我的恭贺函
on being the female FBI agent who has shot and killed the most people.
说我创下 女调查员中杀人最多的记录
Would you excuse me, please?
能不能请你离开一下
Sure.
没问题
Dear Clarice
亲爱的史黛琳
I’ve followed with enthusiasm the course of your disgrace and public shaming.
我认真追踪你这次的受辱事件
My own never bothered me except for the inconvenience
我对自己的受辱并不在乎
of being incarcerated.
只对失去自♥由♥有所不满
But you may lack perspective.
但你的眼界 却让我♥操♥心
In our discussions down in the dungeon
从我们在地牢中的讨论中
it was apparent to me that your father, the dead night watchman
我发现 你那位做守夜员的父亲
figures largely in your value system.
在你心目中占有很重的份量
I think your success in putting an end toJame Gumb’s career as a couturier
当初你最得意 能将杰姆绳之以法
pleased you most because you could imagine your father being pleased.
因为你觉得 那会使你父亲引以为傲
But now, alas, you’re in bad odor with the FBI.
可惜如今你却成了 调查局中的老鼠屎
Do you imagine your daddy being shamed by your disgrace?
“调查局探员枪杀五人” 你父亲会不会因此
Do you see him in his plain pine box
而感到丢脸
crushed by your failure
他是否会躺在棺材中 眼见你手刃这份前途无量的工作
the sorry, petty end of a promising career?
而痛心疾首吗?
What is worst about this humiliation, Clarice?
这份耻辱最大的影响是什么?
Is it how your failure will reflect on your mommy and daddy?
是因为你的失败 会影响到你父母的形象?
Is your worst fear that people will now and forever believe
还是你害怕从此以后…
they were indeed just good old trailer-camp
人们认为他们只是 住在活动房♥屋中…
tornado-bait white trash
没用的穷白鬼
and that perhaps you are too?
而你也和他们一样?
By the way, I couldn’t help noticing on the FBI’s rather dull web site
顺便一提 我发现在调查局的网页上
that I’ve been hoisted from the Bureau’s archives of the common criminal
我居然从普通罪犯
and elevated to the more prestigious Ten Most Wanted List.
升级到十大通缉犯
Is this coincidence, or are you back on the case?
是巧合 还是你又开始侦办我的案件?
If so, goody goody, because I need to come out of retirement
果真如此 那好 我将从退隐的地方走出
and return to public life.
再回到公众的生活中去
I imagine you sitting in a dark basement room
我可以想像出 你正坐在黯淡的地下室里
bent over papers and computer screens.
埋首于纸堆和电脑荧光幕中
Is that accurate?
我说对了吧
Please tell me truly, Special Agent Starling.
史黛琳探员 请告诉我实话
Regards, your old pal, Hannibal Lecter, MD.
请珍重 你的老友 汉尼拔医生
PS: Clearly this new assignment is not your choice.
附注 我看得出这不是你的本意
Rather, I suppose, it is part of the bargain.
可能是某种交换
But you accepted it, Clarice.
可是你仍然接受了
Yourjob is to craft my doom
你的职责是毁灭我
so I’m not sure how well I should wish you
所以实在不知道 在信尾该怎么祝你
but I’m sure we’ll have a lot of fun.
不过我相信 我们将会有很多乐趣
Ta-ta.
回见
“H.”
“汉”
On the letter
在信上
there’s one partial fingerprint here.
找到一个局部的指纹
Not enough to hold up in court. I know it’s him.
可是在法庭上还嫌不够 这一定是他
Where he was when he wrote it is what I need.
我只想知道他在哪里写这封信
Well, the paper isn’t gonna help.
可惜从信纸上看不出来
Yes, it’s linen fibre, yes, it’s on the expensive side
其中有亚麻纤维的成份 应该属于奢侈品
but it’s not so rare that you won’t find it in a thousand stationery stores throughout the world.
但是却不罕见 全球至少 有上千家店会卖♥♥这种信纸
It’s the same with the ink, and the same with the wax.
至于墨水和腊也是一样
And your Las Vegas postmark?
还有拉斯维加斯的邮戳
You can check it out, but I’ll bet you it came from a remailing service.
我跟你打赌 是由重寄邮件服务公♥司♥寄的
Las Vegas would be the last place he’d be.
看来赌城是他最后的停留点
It’d be an assault on his sense of taste.
他的品味不该这么低
Don’t you feel eyes moving over your body, Clarice?
难道你不觉得 有目光在你身上游动吗?
I hardly see how you couldn’t.
你当然会感觉得到
And don’t your eyes move over the things you want?
人的眼光 会在喜欢的东西上游走
All right, then. Tell me how.
告诉我是怎么回事
No.

It’s your turn to tell me, Clarice.
现在轮到你告诉我了
You don’t have any more vacations to sell on Anthrax Island.
难道你想再骗我到那个 布满动物传染病的岛上去?
Quid pro quo, Clarice.
别忘了我们这是公平交易
I tell you things, you tell me things.
我告诉你一件事 你也得告诉我一件事
Not about this case. About yourself.
不谈案子 就说你自己吧
Quid pro quo.
这就是公平交易
Yes or no, Clarice?
史黛琳 你愿意吗?
Hand cream.
手霜
Raw ambergris base.
其中有龙涎香
Tennessee lavender.
田纳西的熏衣草
Trace of something else.
还有一些别的东西
Fleece.
羊毛
Lovely.
不错
What’s ambergris? Ambergris is a whale product.
龙涎香是什么东西? 它来自鲸鱼
Alas, much as we’d like to, we can’t import it.
虽然我们也喜欢但不准进口
Endangered Species Act.
因为这会危害到稀有动物
Where isn’t it illegal? Japan, of course.
在哪些国家是合法呢? 毫无疑问的是日本
Couple of places in Europe.
另外还有一些欧洲国家
You’d almost certainly find it somewhere in Paris,Rome,Amsterdam.
我肯定在巴黎 罗马 阿姆斯特丹可以找到
Maybe London.
伦敦也有可能
This bouquet was hand-engineered to someone’s specifications.
这种香味 是照客人的指示以手工合成的
Is there a way of knowing which shops? Of course. We’ll give you a list.
能知道是出自哪个商店吗? 可以 我们会给你一张名单
It’ll be short.
放心 不会太长
I need opera tickets.
我需要歌♥剧票
I don’t think I got any on me.
我身上没有了
It’s sold out, whatever it’s called.
换句话说是卖♥♥光了
It’s the pretty, young wife with the ever-open beak who needs opera tickets.
是他那个年轻漂亮的太太 吵着要去看歌♥剧
Benetti. What?
班尼第 什么事?
Rewind it.
倒带
I can’t rewind it. I’m making a copy. I’m recording.
不行 我正在拷贝
What is this?
这是什么带子?
Security camera from a perfume shop in Via Della Scala.
是位在斯卡拉大道上 香水店的防盗录影带
FBI, through Interpol, requested a copy.
美国调查局经由国际刑♥警♥组 向我们要求的
Why? They didn’t say.
为什么? 他们没说
They didn’t say? No. It was actually kind of weird.
没说? 他们的态度很奇怪
They were making a point not to say.
摆明了不告诉我们
Are we going to the opera? Yes.
我们仍要去听歌♥剧吗? 是的
Sorry. Yes, we are going.
对不起 当然要去
You got tickets?
买♥♥到票了吗?
No, but I will. In fact, I was just about to look here.
还没有 我正要上网查看 一定会买♥♥到
Please, not the back row. I would like to see it this time.
拜托别买♥♥得太后面 否则又看不到
Nowhere near the back row
绝对不会
no matter what the cost.
这次不管多贵也要买♥♥前座
Tell me, Clarice, would you want to harm
史黛琳 你有没有想过
those who forced you to consider it, though?
去伤害那些迫♥害♥过你的人?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!