The good doctor approached me with a piece of broken mirror.
医生手里拿着 镜子的碎片朝我走来
“Try this.”
“试试用这个”
Try peeling off your face
把你脸上的肉割下来
And feeding it to the dogs.
然后拿去喂狗吃
No, I can still see it.
不行 我还是看得到你的笑容
Try again.
再来一次
No, I’m afraid not.
还是不行
That’s entertainment
那就是所谓的娱乐
Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time.
说实话 当时似乎觉得很好玩
You indicated to me that you’d received some kind of new information.
你提到最近又有新的线索
Cordell.
柯德
Where did this come from?
这是怎么来的?
Buenos Aires. I received it two weeks ago.
寄来的 两个星期前到的
Where’s the package it came in?
外面的信封呢?
Good question. There was nothing written on it of interest.
问得好 上面并没有写什么重要的东西
Did we throw it out?
我们是不是扔了?
Yes, I’m afraid we did.
是的 实在很抱歉
Oh, dear. You think it’ll help?
你看这个会有帮助吗?
I hope so.
但愿如此
I hope it’ll help you catch him
希望能帮你捉到他
to help cleanse the stigma of your recent dishonor.
以雪你这次不名誉的耻辱
Thank you. That’s all I need.
谢谢你 我走了
Did you find some rapport with Dr. Lecter
当你在收♥容♥所♥ 和汉尼拔医生谈话时
in your talks at the asylum?
有没有对他产生信赖感?
I know I did while I was peeling.
当我在割自己脸时 曾经有过那种感觉
We exchanged information in a civil way.
我们是用文明的方法交换心得
But always through the glass.
但还是隔着一层玻璃
Yes.
是的
Isn’t it funny? What’s that?
你很奇怪? 为什么?
You can look at my face
你对我的脸无动于衷
but you shied when I said the name of God.
可是一听我提上帝 反儿使你胆怯
Finding what you want? Are you sure this is all of it?
找到你要找的吗? 你确定只有这些?
That’s all there is now.
到目前为止 只剩这些
There was more, but it’s been picked over little by little over the years.
本来不止的 可惜被人一点一点的拿走了
You know, this stuff s worth a lot of money in certain circles.
这些东西在特定市场中 能值不少钱
It’s kind of like the cocaine that disappears around here
就像这里的可♥卡♥因♥一样
little by little.
一点一点的消失掉
Hey, Barney.
嘿 巴尼
Remember me?
还记得我吗?
Would you agree for the record, Agent Starling that I’ve not been read my rights?
史黛琳探员 请你声明 你并没有把权益念给我听
I have not Mirandized Barney. He is unaware of his rights.
我声明巴尼并不知道他的权益
So when you turned Dr. Lecter over to the Tennessee police
在你把汉尼拔医生 交给田纳西警局后
They weren’t civil to him. They’re all dead now.
他们对他无礼 如今都死了
They only survived his company three days.
实际上他们只活了三天
You survived him six years at the asylum.
但是你却活了六年
How’d you do that? It wasn’t just being civil.
你是怎么做到的? 我觉得这和礼貌无关
Yes, it was.
有很大的关系
Did you ever think, after he escaped, he might come after you?
在他逃走后 你有没有想过他可能来找你?
No.
没有
He once told me that, whenever feasible
他曾对我说过在可能的情况下
he preferred to eat the rude.
他宁愿吃无礼之人
“Free-range rude,” he called ’em. What about you?
他叫他们”无礼鼠类” 你呢?
You ever think he might come after you? You ever think about him at all?
你有没有想过他 或想过他可能会来找你?
At least 30 seconds of every day. I can’t help it.
每天都会想上三十秒
He’s always with me, like a bad habit.
就像坏习惯一样 戒也戒不掉
Do you know what happened to his stuff his books, papers, drawings?
他的东西 像书 纸 和图画等等都到哪里去了
Everything got thrown away when the place closed.
收♥容♥所♥关闭时 所有的东西都丢了
Cutbacks.
节省经费嘛
I just found out that Dr. Lecter’s signed copy of TheJoy of Cooking
我发现由汉尼拔医生 签名的那本烹饪之乐杂♥志♥
sold to a private collector for $16,000.
最近被私人收藏家 以一万六千美金买♥♥进
It was probably a fake.
恐怕是仿造品
The seller’s affidavit of ownership was signed “Karen Phlox.”
卖♥♥主切结书上的签名是 “费凯伦”
Do you know Karen Phlox? You should.
你应该认识她
She filled out your employment application, but signed it “Barney.”
她曾替你填过工作申请表 最后签上”巴尼”
Same thing on your tax returns.
还有退税单也一样
You want the book? Maybe I can get it back.
如果你要书 我会试着把它要回来
I want the x-ray of Lecter’s arm you broke in the attack on that nurse
当他攻击护士时 你曾打断 他的手臂 我要那张X光片
and everything else you’ve got.
还有其它被你拿走的东西
We used to talk about a lot of things at night
在夜深人静 尖叫声平息之后
after the screamin’ finally died down.
我们时常聊天
We talked about you sometimes. You wanna know what he said?
有时也谈到你 你想知道他都说些什么吗?
Go get the x-ray.
把X光片给我
I’m not a bad guy.
我不是个坏人
I didn’t say you were.
我没说你是坏人
Dr. Chilton was a bad guy.
奇顿医生才是坏人
After your first visit, he started taping your conversations with Lecter.
在你第一次访问汉尼拔医生后 他就开始录你们的谈话
These are valuable.
它们非常有价值
Go on now.
你走吧
You’ve grieved long enough.
你已经哀吊得够久了
And what’d he say?
他是怎么说的?
What’d he say about me late at night?
在晚上他怎么说我的?
He was talking about inherited, hardwired behavior.
他谈到遗传和内心深处的行为
He was using genetics in the roller pigeons as an example.
他用鹞鸽的遗传来做比方
They fly up in the air, roll backwards in a display, fallin’ to the ground.
它们喜欢高高的飞到天上 然后炫耀的翻着筋斗俯冲下来
There are shallow rollers, and there are deep rollers.
鹞鸽分为肤浅和深沉两种
You can’t breed two deep rollers
但是当两只深沉鹞鸽结合后
or their young, their offspring, will roll all the way down
它们的后代往往会
hit and die.
俯冲撞地而死
Agent Starling is a deep roller, Barney.
巴尼 史黛琳探员是只深沉的鹞鸽
Let us hope one of her parents was not.
只希望她父母中有一个是只肤浅的鹞鸽
Surely the odd confluence of events hasn’t escaped you, Clarice.
你并没有离开正轨
Jack Crawford dangles you in front of me
因为杰克在我面前向你挑战
then I give you a bit of help.
所以我才给你一些帮助
Do you think it’s because I like to look at you…
难道你以为是因为…
and imagine how good you would taste
我喜欢边看你边想着你会有多可口吗?
Clarice?
真是这样吗?
I don’t know. Is it?
我不知道 难道是真的?
I’ve been in this room for eight years now, Clarice.
我待在这个房♥间里已经八年
I know they will never, ever let me out while I’m alive.
我知道在我有生之年 他们是不会让我出去的
What I want is a view.
我只想能看外面的风景
I want a window where I can see a tree or even water.
给我一扇窗户 让我能看到树甚至河流
I want to be in a federal institution far away from Dr. Chilton.
我想转到联邦收♥容♥所♥去 那样才能远离奇顿医生
The Capponi correspondence goes back to the 13th century.
卡波尼图书馆中的书信 可以追溯到十三世纪
Dr. Fell might hold in his hand
至于在费尔博士手中
his non-Italian hand
他那非意大利人的手中
a note from Dante Alighieri himself.
很可能握有但丁的真迹
But would he recognize it? I think not.
但是他能分辨出真伪吗? 我不认为
Gentlemen, you have examined him in medieval Italian
各位 你们已经肯定 他对意大利中叶的辨认能力
and I will not deny that his language is admirable
我也承认对一个外国人来说
for a straniero.
他的文字实在美妙
But is he acquainted with the personalities of the pre-Renaissance Firenze?
但是他是否真正具有 文艺复兴前佛罗伦斯的气质
I think not.
我却有所怀疑
What if he came upon a note in the Capponi library
说不定哪天在卡波尼图书馆中
say from Guido di Cavalcanti?
他会声称找到了 诗人卡瓦澄第的真迹
Would he recognize that? I think not.
难道他真能分辨出真伪吗? 我不相信
They’re still arguing?
他们还在争论吗?
Sogliato wants the job for his nephew.
苏立想让他侄子做这份工作
But the scholars seem satisfied with the temporary guy they appointed.
可是学者们似乎对 他们所指定的人很满意
If he’s such an expert on Dante
倘若他真那么精通但丁
let him lecture on Dante to the Studiolo.
为何不让他 发表一场对但丁研究的演讲
Let him face them if he can. I look forward to it.
好面对但丁的爱好者 好主意
Very well. On the 14th.
那就订在十四号♥好了
Dr. Fell?
费尔博士吗?
Chief Inspector Rinaldo Pazzi of the questura.
我叫帕齐 是警♥察♥总部的督察
Commendatore, how can I be of service?
督察 我能帮什么忙?
Sorry. I’m investigating the disappearance of your predecessor, Signor di Bonaventura.
抱歉 我在调查前任馆长 辛诺的失踪案件
I was wondering if… “Predecessor” implies I have the job.
不知道是否… 你这么说 好像我已做了馆长
Unfortunately, I don’t. Not yet, though I am hopeful.
我是希望如此 可惜他们还没决定
They are letting me look after the library for a stipend.
他们只是支薪给我 让我照顾图书馆而已
The officers who first checked
以前的调查员

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!