Bob Sneed, ATF.
武器管制局的包勃
Benny Holcombe, assistant to the mayor. And Paul Krendler.
市长助理班尼 还有司法部的保罗
You know Paul. Paul’s come over from Justice
你应该认识他
unofficially, as a favor to us.
他以非官方身份来协助我们
In other words, he’s here, and he’s not here.
换句话说 他并不在这里
So I take it you’ve seen the coverage in the papers and on television?
我想你已经看过 报纸和电视的报导吧
I have nothing to do with the news, Mr. Krendler.
那些新闻和我无关
The woman had a baby in her arms.
那个女人手中抱着婴儿
There are pictures. You could see the problem, I would think.
照片就在这里 你应该知道问题有多严重
Not in her arms. In a carrier across her chest.
婴儿是在她胸前挂的婴儿袋里
In her arms she had a MAC-10.
她手里拿的是冲♥锋♥枪♥
Look, we’re here to help you, Starling.
我们是来帮你的
It’s gonna be a hell of a lot harder to do with a combative attitude.
你这样怒气冲冲的态度 只会使事情更难办
Can I speak freely, Mr. Pearsall?
我能自♥由♥发言吗?
Your agency called this office to get me assigned to help you on this raid.
我是应你们的要求 来协助做这次突击的
I tried to do that.
我的确尽力去做
I clearly expressed my judgment and was ignored.
但有人却不遵守我所做的判断
And now a good agent and a friend is dead.
以致牺牲了一位好朋友探员
You shot and killed five people out there, Agent Starling.
别忘了你还杀了五个人
Is that how you define good judgment?
难道能说这是好的判断吗?
This raid was an ugly mess.
这是一场丑恶的突击
I ended up in a position where I had a choice of dying
我被迫在被杀
or shooting a woman carrying a child.
或射杀身挂婴儿的女人中做选择
I chose.
我做了选择
I shot her.
就是射杀她
I killed a mother holding her child.
我杀了带着婴儿的母亲
And I regret it. I resent myself for it.
我很后悔 也恨我自己
Gentlemen, I’m going to call a halt to this meeting
对不起 现在要终止这个会议
and get back to you individually by phone.
我会个别打电♥话♥给你们
That was a waste of time.
真会浪费时间
You have a secret admirer, Starling.
史黛琳 你居然有秘密仰慕者
He isn’t much to look at, but he does have friends in high places.
他本身不怎么样 却有身居高位的朋友
Remember Mason Verger?
你记得马森维杰吗?
Lecter’s fourth victim.
汉尼拔的第四个被害人
The rich one.
他很富有
The only one that survived.
也是唯一死里逃生的人
He says he has some new information on Lecter he’ll only share with you.
他说有些汉尼拔的新资料 但是只愿意告诉你
What do you mean, only share it with me? You want it, seize it.
那是什么意思? 如有需要 就扣押文件呀
I’d rather not. I wasn’t speaking to you.
最好别这么做 我并没有和你讲话
When I speak to you, you’ll know it because I’ll look at you.
当我和你讲话时 自然会看着你
Why would we rather not?
为什么不这么做?
The last time he called was when we took Lecter off the Ten Most Wanted List.
上次他因为我们把汉尼拔从 十大通缉犯中除去而打电♥话♥来
He was upset about that. We said, “Hey, that’s life.”
他很生气 我们对他说”嘿 你最好接受”
He said, “This is a Senate Oversight Committee
他说:参议院的失察委员会”爱序山庄”
to make your life miserable.”
会给你们好看的
His family’s political contributions may not be enough
他家族对政♥治♥上献金一向慷慨
to buy a senator
虽然买♥♥不起参议员
but they are enough to rent them from time to time.
但是绝对租得起
There’s no reason to go through that if he really does have something new.
况且他若真有线索 我们又何必惹他生气
It’s a good deal for you, Starling. You can’t pretend it isn’t.
史黛琳 其实这件事对你有利
Get to go back on a celebrated case.
因为你能再回去侦办知名案件
I’ll take care of the media for your Drumgo killing.
媒体方面 我会替你去和他们交涉
Everyone’s gonna be happy.
大家都高兴
I’m not happy.
我并不高兴
Well, maybe you’re incapable of being happy.
也许你根本就不会高兴
Mr. Krendler
保罗先生
out on the street, you know you might take a bullet in the line of duty.
我们都知道做为一个探员 随时都有死亡的危险
You accept it or you get out.
如果怕死 那就不要做
You live with it.
所以我们接受这个事实
What you don’t expect or accept
但所不能接受的是
is taking one in the back in your boss’s office
你按照所受过的训练 和上级的指示去做
for doing your job exactly as they’ve taught you.
而结果却背上黑锅
That makes you unhappy.
这才叫人气愤
Of course you’re right, Starling
史黛琳 你说得不错
but it doesn’t change anything.
但毕竟改变不了什么
It changes everything. It changes me.
它改变了一切 连我在内
Hi, I’m Cordell Doemling, Mr. Verger’s private physician.
嗨 我叫柯德 是维杰先生的私人医生
How do you do?
你好
If you’d be so kind as to park down at the end.
麻烦你把车停到那边
One’s eyes adjust to the darkness.
希望你的眼睛能适应这个昏暗光线
Mr. Verger, Agent Starling is here.
维杰先生 史黛琳探员来了
Good morning, Mr. Verger.
你早 维杰先生
Was that a Mustang I heard out there?
你开的是福特野马吗?
Yes, it was.
是的
Five-liter?
5000c.c.的引擎?
Yes.
是的
Fast.
那好快呀
Cordell, I think you can leave us now.
柯德 你可以离开了
I thought I might stay. Perhaps I could be useful.
如果我留下来可能会有用
You could be useful seeing about my lunch.
你去看我的午餐准备得如何
I’ll attach this microphone to your clothing or pillow, if that’s okay.
你不介意我把麦克风 夹在你的衣服或枕头上吧
By all means.
不会的
Here, this should make it easier.
这样会比较容易些
You know, I thank God
对发生在我身上的事
for what happened.
我必须感谢上帝
It was my salvation.
因为这是赎罪
Have you accepted Jesus, Agent Starling?
史黛琳探员 你信主吗?
Do you have faith? I was raised Lutheran.
你有信仰吗? 我家人信奉路德教派
That’s not what I asked.
那不是我问的问题
This is Special Agent Clarice Starling, 5143690
这是5143690号♥史黛琳探员
deposing Mason R. Verger on March 20, sworn and attested.
我作证在三月二十日 维杰已经发誓会说实话
I want to tell you about summer camp. It was a wonderful childhood experience.
我想说我童年时代 在夏令营里的快乐时光
We can get to that later. We can get to it now.
等会儿再谈吧 我现在就要说
You see, it all comes to bear.
因为这些全有关联
It was a Christian camp my father founded
那是在我父亲所创办的基♥督♥夏令营里
for poor, unfortunate, cast-off little boys and girls
它专门收容孤苦无依的孩子们
who would do anything for a candy bar.
为了一块糖 他们愿做任何事
Mr. Verger, I don’t need to know about the sex offenses.
维杰先生 我对你的恋童癖不感兴趣
It’s all right. I have immunity from the US Attorney.
没关系 在美国律师之前我已免疫
And I have immunity
甚至在上帝面前
from the risen Jesus.
我也免疫了
And nobody beats the Riz.
因为没人禁得起巧克力糖的诱惑
Had you ever seen Dr. Lecter before the court assigned you to him for therapy?
在法♥院♥指派汉尼拔医生给你前 你是否已经认识他?
What do you mean?
你指的是?
Socially?
社交上的认识?
It is what I mean, yes, if you don’t mind talking about it.
是的 你介意谈论它吗?
No, not at all. I’m not ashamed.
不会 我并不引以为耻
I didn’t say you should be. No, we met conventionally
我没这么说 我们认识得很平常
as doctor and patient.
是医师和病人的关系
How did he end up at your house?
那他怎么会到你住处去?
I invited him, of course
当然是我邀他的罗
to my pied-a-terre.
我邀他到我的临时住所去
I came to the door in my nicest come-hither outfit.
我穿着最诱人的衣服去开门
I was concerned…
因为我担心…
that he’d be afraid of me.
他可能会怕我
But he didn’t seem to be afraid of me.
但他似乎一点也不在乎
That’s almost funny now.
现在想起来是很可疑
I showed him my toys
我把我的性玩具拿给他看
my noose setup, among other things.
其中包括那套活结装置
It’s where you sort of hang yourself, but not really.
就是可以把自己吊起来 却又不会窒息的装置
It feels good while you…
那种感觉真好 如果…
well, you know.
反正你能想像得出来
Anyway…
总归…
he said, “Mason,” Mason, would you like a popper?
他说”维杰” 维杰 要不要来点兴♥奋♥剂♥?
And I said, “Would I? Oh, wow!”
我说”哇!当然要”
Once that kicked in, I was flying.
药效出来后 我兴奋到极点
He said, “Mason, show me how you smile
他说”让我看看你那种”
to gain the confidence of a child.”
“能赢得小孩信任的笑容”
When I smiled…
当我笑起来时…
he said, “Oh, I see how you do it.”
他又说”我看出来 他们为什么会信任你”