But you do not know how to use a victory
你有什么建议?
What do you propose?
我们将向罗马提出他们投降的条款。
We shall present Rome with terms for their surrender.
坎尼会战是汉尼拔在罗马领土上的第三次重大战役胜利。
Cannae was Hannibal’s third major battle victory on Roman soil.
从古代战争的规则来看,它本应意味着对罗马战争的最终胜利。
By the terms of acient warfare,
it should have secured the ultermate victory over Rome.
但是罗马并没有准备接受失败。
But Rome was not ready to accept defeat.
我不会指责某些人.
I shalln’t recriminate.
我不会怪罪某些人.
I shalln’t lay blame.
但是我要说的是,如果罗马要生存,
But I shall say this,
If Rome is to survive,
现在我们必须组建一支新军队!
we must raise a new army, now!
我要将服兵役的年龄降低到17岁
I lower the age for Romen to 17
降低服兵役的财产要求。
and reduce the property qualification for military service.
而且更进一步,
And I will go further.
我将赦免所有愿意为罗马而战斗的罪犯和奴隶。
I am declear the amnesty to all criminals and slaves
willing to fight under the Roman standard.
我们从所有能找到兵员的地方征兵。
We will find soldiers anywhere we can.
我们将使用所有可用资源。 就算我们要将神殿里
We will use whatever resouces we have.
And if that means stripping the temples of weapons and armor
奉献给众神的那些盔甲和武器拿走
我们也必须这么做!
those we have dedicated to the gods,
then so be it!
– 这是渎神!
– 这是有理智的决定!
– That ist sacrilege!
– It is sense!
众神不需要那些武器。 但是我们需要!
The gods do not need those weapons.
We do!
从今天开始我们不再进行激烈的战斗!
No more pitched battles.
不再展示无用的姿态
No more grand gestures.
我们将把那些野蛮人,
慢慢地,一点一点地揉碎,
We will grind the barbarians down,
little by little, day by day,
直到化为尘土
until he is but dust.
就像我从一开始就那么建议的一样.
As I’ve advised us to do right from the start.
狂妄和骄傲使我们到了今天这个处境.
Arogence and pride has brought us to where we are today.
但这不是一场关于荣誉或荣耀的战斗
But this is not a battle about honor or glory
或为了升迁
or Promotion
这是一场死战! 为了罗马的生存
This is a fight to the death!
For the survival of Rome.
他们按理说应该投降。
They were supposed to capitulate.
你真的认为罗马♥会♥投降吗?
Do you seriously expect surrender from Rome?
我们在这个国家的疆土上已经畅通无阻了!
We wander this country at will!
我们消灭了他们向我们派出的任何军事力量,
在决定性的战役中击败了他们3次!
We destroyed whatever forces they sent against us,
we defeated them in Battle 3 times!
罗马人没法永远征招到新的部队!
The Roman can not go on producing new troops forever!
也没法在一夜之间培养新的领导人, 新的将军!
根据所有战争规则和惯例,罗马已经被击败了!
Nor raising new leaders over night!
By all the rules and conventions of war, she shall be finished!
我们按常理出牌了吗?
Did we play by the rules?
兄弟…
Brother …
-我要你回到迦太基。
-为什么?
– I want you to return to Carthage.
– Why?
为了说服元老院派来更多的军队,
我们才能结束这场战争.
To persuade the Senate to send more men,
so we can finish the job we started.
我们要一个城市接一个城市地占领意大利
We are gonna take Italy, city by city,
直到罗马城完全被敌对领土包围,他们将被迫投降!
until Rome is so completely surrounded by hostile territory that they will be forced to surrender!
迦太基, 长老会议
公元前216年秋天。
Carthage. The Elder Board.
Autumn of 216 BC.
这些
These are the rings of Roman senators,
是那些死于我们剑下的罗马元老的戒指
who has already fallen, to our sword.
它们是我们对罗马战争的众多胜利的象征。
They are the symbols of our many victories over Rome.
我们现在需要的是更多军队,
What we need now is more men,
这样我们才能一劳永逸地结束这场战争。
so that we will finish this war, once and for all.
那么, 马哥 巴卡, 如果你哥哥的英勇部队
像你说的, 几乎消灭了罗马人,
Well … Mago Barca
If the Romans are vary nearly vanquished by your brothers heroic forces
他为什么现在又在寻求我们的帮助?
why does he now seek our help?
有了新的补给和更多的军队,我们将结束这张战争.
With fresh supplies and more men, this campaign will be over.
我记得你哥哥和我们保证过,
他对罗马的征服会在很短的时间内完成.
I seem to recall that your brother ensured us,
that his conquers will be a quick affair.
现在多久了? 整整三年
How long has it be now?
Three years.
你刚刚展示了什么?
And what have you just showed for it?
我的朋友们, 我说这场战争已经结束了。
This campaign is over, my friends.
汉尼拔在意大利的军队将不再获得这个元老院的进一步援助。
Hannibal’s army in Italy will receive no further assistance from this Senate.
更进一步, 我提议, 由你, 马戈 巴卡,
And furthermore I move, that you, Mago Barca,
来指挥我们正在派往西班牙的增援和补给
to be appointed to command those reinforcements,
that we are dispatching to Spain.
我们赢了一场又一场的战斗,
We won and won and won again.
但是元老院, 他们把军队和补给派往各处,
But they send troops and supplies
唯独不增援汉尼拔
anywhere but to Hannibal.
他的在元老院的敌人现在比之前势力更大,
His enemies are more powerful.
他们对他的嫉妒也比以往任何时候都要多。
Their jealousy against him is more than ever.
我向你保证, 一旦西班牙的局势安定下来,
As soon as the situation stablizes in Spain,
我将立刻带着所有我能带上的部队, 回到汉尼拔那
I will return to Hannibal and take with me all the troops I can
现在, 汉尼拔节节胜利, 他们却因为他的成功想抛弃他
Yet they are ready to abandon him because of his success.
如果他真的失败了,他们会怎么做?
What will they do if he really fails?
我们只能祈祷汉尼拔不要战败.
Pray that he does not fail.
没有增援,汉尼拔的军队无法迫使罗马正面作战
Without reinforcements, Hannibals army couldn’t force Rome into battles
在接下来的七年中,他被迦太基抛弃在罗马
For the next seven years he was left isolated
罗马
公元前210年。
Rome.
210 BC.
而罗马, 正在一步一步增强实力,
While Rome grew stronger
一个结束这场与汉尼拔之间的战争的计划正在成形.
and emerge with a plan to try to finish the war with Hannibal.
– 西庇阿, 你有什么事不能等到明天?
– 我有个提议.
– 我知道,
– So, what is that can not wait till tommorow, Scipio?
– I have a proposal.
– And so I gathered.
我们已经与汉尼拔战斗了9年。
We’ve been fighting Hannibal for 9 years.
你给了罗马一个敌人无法打破的盾牌,
And you have given Rome a shield which the
enemy can not seem to break,
– 你将罗马的敌人阻挡在….
– 是的, 没错, 你想说什么
– you have held,..
– Yes, yes, what’s your point?
但是胜利不是来自盾牌的,而来自于剑锋.
Victory comes not by the shield,
but at the point of the sword.
西庇阿, 你说的很好,
但是我记得我们上次就是犯了一个这样的错误,
然后被推向了毁灭的边缘
Those are very pretty words, Scipio.
But we made exact the same mistake before and it brought us to the edge of destruction.
只有傻瓜才会犯两次相同的错误。
Only a fool would make the same mistakes twice.
我建议, 我们在保留你给我们的盾牌的同时,
I say, we keep the shield you have given us
派出一支进攻部队, 入侵西班牙
But we take an invasion force, to Spain.
当汉尼拔正在这里无法抽身的时候,
我们在西班牙打击迦太基人
While Hannibal is occupied here, we rip the Carthaginians there.
这正是他对我们所做的。
It is exactly what he did to us.
那么谁来领导这支军队呢?
And who will lead this new army?
要领导罗马军队你难道不是还太过年轻吗?
你知道规定.
Aren’t you a little young to lead an army under the standar of Rome?
You know the rules.
但是你, 费边,
知道如何打破陈规.
And you, Fabius, know how to break them.
对不起, 西庇阿,
我认为罗马不可能会冒这种风险。
I’m sorry, Scipio. I don’t think
for one moment Rome will take that risk.
但是费边低估了罗马想结束这场与汉尼拔的战争的决心。
But Fabius underestimated Rome’s desire
to resolve the war with Hannibal.
而西庇阿, 在观察了汉尼拔10年后,
也将要在实践中证明
And having observed Hannibal for more than 10 years,
Scipio was about to prove,
他到底在汉尼拔身上学到了多少.
just how much he’ve learnt.
我们必须一直自问:敌人最不能预料到的是什么?
We must always ask ourselves:
what does the enemy least expect?
然后就应该这么做.
and then we should do it.
汉尼拔的弟弟预料到我们会在原野上和他们举♥行♥会战, 就像我们往常做的那样.
His brothers will expect us to engage them in open battle, as we have always done.
那么我们就不要这么做,
But we shall not.
相反,我们要做到汉尼拔在意大利没能做到的事,
Instead, we shall do exactly what Hannibal failed to do in Italy
我们直取他们的地区首府.
We will go straight to the capital.
新迦太基是我们的目标。
New Carthage is our goal.
我们将把他们的守卫力量引诱出来,然后伏击他们。
We will lure their defences away,
and ambush them.
我们要劫掠这个城市
We shall sack the city.
不留一丝怜悯
There will be no mercy.
当西庇阿洗劫西班牙的时候,
While Scipio ransack Spain,
唯一一个可能成功防卫西班牙的人,
the one man who might have mounted a secessful defence,
被命令留在意大利, 无能为力
was ordered to remain in Italy.
Powerless to help.
将军, 我在这个野兽的肠子里看不到好兆头
General, I do not see the good partterns in these entrails of this beast.
那就仔细看!
我受够了你一直…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!