that I should have kept walking
and not begun this conversation.
“We all go through life
playing the hand we’re dealt.
我们都是随遇而安的活着
克雷格,你有什么牌?
“Craig…
And what hand were you dealt?
爱梅丽,我有一对
“Emily… I’m two high pair.
也许会有王牌
“Maybe even aces up.
问题是,你有三张二
“The problem is
you’ve got three deuces.”
那是结局
That’s the end.
不,你可坦白对我说,没关系
No, you can tell me straight.
It’s OK.
把想法告诉我
Just tell me what you think.
很不错
It’s great.
我–
I swe… I’m…
I’m speechless. I was…
我无话可说,我–
我现在没心情去听这个了
I was not in the mood
to listen to this thing now.
我不知道该怎说,我感动、我笑
I don’t know what to say.
I’m moved, and I laughed…
and I was on the edge
of my seat.
我紧张得很
我觉得那真不错
I just think it’s wonderful.
我觉得很震惊
I’m totally… stunned.
我非常讶异你可以–
This is not an insult.
I’m amazed that you can…
我就是认为不错
I just thought it was great.
-真的?
-是的,我完全–
Really?
Yes, I was absolutely…
是什么令你想到高♥潮♥那一幕…
And what made you think
of that climax scene…
那建筑师徒步送
当女演员的女朋友回家…
where the architect
is walking home…
with his actress girlfriend…
那精神分♥裂♥的前妻从树丛跳出
将他们俩刺死?
and the ex… wife schizophrenic
jumps out of the bushes…
and stabs them to death?
-我有一天忽然想起
-我认为很精彩
It just came to me one day.
Well, it was just fabulous.
你真的认为我可以写作?
You really think I can write?
也许有一两个地方
的处理方法不同…
There’s maybe one or two things
I’d do differently myself…
但谁在乎呢?
but who cares?
剧本很精彩
It was fabulous.
是真的
真让我印象深刻
I mean it. I’m so impressed.
我是的,你令我很开心
I am. You made my day.
很精彩
It was just great.
之前我还准备会给闷死
I was set to be bored stiff.
你想吃午餐吗?
Would you like to have lunch?
我想跟你谈论剧本
I’d love to talk to you
about that script.
我们可以做点什么的
I think we could
do something with it.
我想听听你何以会突然退出
And I’d like to hear…
what made you suddenly
drop out of life.
-谁在乎呢?
-我在乎
– Who cares?
– No. I care.
你以前是那么有野心和…
You used to be so ambitious,
and…
你真的喜欢?
God, you really liked it?
你是真的经历过危机
Gosh, you really went
through a crisis, you know that?
你怎样克服的?
How did you get over it?
我遇上你时,你看来一切都很好
When I ran into you,
you seemed just perfectly fine.
你现在看来没事了
Well, you seem fine now.
我告诉你
Well, I’ll tell you.
一个月前的某一天,我…
One day, about a month ago,
I really hit bottom.
我情绪极低落
感到在无神的宇宙里…
I just felt that
in a godless universe…
我不想再活下去了
I didn’t want to go on living.
我有枪,我装上子弹…
I happen to own this rifle…
which I loaded,
believe it or not…
我用枪指着前额
and pressed it to my forehead.
我记得在想,我会自杀
I remember thinking,
“I’m going to kill myself.”
之后我想,假如我错了怎么办?
Then I thought,
“Well, what if I’m wrong?
如果然有上帝呢?没人知道
“What if there is a god?
Nobody really knows.”
之后我想,不,也许不够好
Then I thought, “No.
Maybe is not good enough.
我要肯定否则就完蛋
“I want certainty or nothing.”
我清楚记得时钟在走动…
And I remember very clearly
the clock was ticking…
我僵硬的坐着用枪指着头部…
and I was sitting there frozen
with the gun to my head…
扎挣着是否开枪
debating whether to shoot.
突然枪走火
All of a sudden,
the gun went off.
我很紧张,手指错误地扣扳机
I’d been so tense…
my finger had squeezed
the trigger inadvertently.
但我流许多汗…
But I was perspiring so much…
枪从前额滑过
没有打到我
the gun had slid off my forehead
and missed me.
突然,邻居敲打我的门…
Suddenly, neighbors
were pounding on the door…
现场一片喧嚣
and the whole scene
was just pandemonium.
我跑到门前
And, you know,
I ran to the door.
不知道说些什么
我既尴尬且迷茫
I didn’t know what to say.
I was embarrassed and confused.
脑海飞快的盘旋着
My mind was racing
a mile a minute.
我只知道一件事,我要离开屋子
I just knew one thing…
I had to get out of that house.
我要呼吸新鲜空气,清醒一下
I had to get out in
the fresh air and clear my head.
我记得很清楚
我在街上走
And I remember very clearly,
I walked the streets.
我不知道自己在想什么
I walked and walked.
I didn’t know what
was going through my mind.
对我来说一切都是暴♥力♥和不真实
It all seemed so violent
and unreal to me.
我在西区北边闲荡一段长时间
I wandered for a long time
on the Upper West Side.
一定有好几小时
It must have been hours.
我双脚痛楚
头痛,我要坐下
My feet hurt.
My head was pounding.
我走进电影院,不知道放映什么
I had to sit down.
I went into a movie house.
I didn’t know what was playing.
我只需要时间整理思绪
要合逻辑的…
I just needed a moment to gather
my thoughts and be logical…
并且以理性观点看世界
and put the world back
into rational perspective.
我到楼上的座位…
And I went upstairs to the balcony…
坐下来
and I sat down.
放映的是我自童年起…
The movie was a film I’d seen
many times in my life…
看过许多遍的电影
我一直都很喜欢
since I was a kid…
and I always loved it.
我看着银幕上的人…
I’m watching these people up on the screen…
开始投入影片中
and I started getting hooked on the film, you know?
我开始感到:
And I started to feel…
你怎么可以想到自杀?
“How can you even think of killing yourself?
这岂不太笨吗?
“Isn’t it so stupid?
看看银幕上的人
“Look at all the people up there on the screen.
他们很有趣,假如最糟的事是真的又怎样?
“They’re real funny,
and what if the worst is true…
没有神,而你只会活一次,只是这样
“there’s no god, and you only
go around once, and that’s it?
难道你不想成为经验的一部分吗?
“Don’t you want to be part of the experience?
“What the hell?It’s not all a drag.”
并不是那么糟糕的
我在想我不该折磨自己…
And I’m thinking to myself…
“Jeez, I should stop
ruining my life…
去找答案…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!