试图接受无妄之灾
And learn to live with the unimaginable
我在花♥园♥消磨时间
I spend hours in the garden
我独自步行去商店
I walk alone to the store
城郊静悄悄
And it’s quiet uptown
我以前并不喜欢宁静
I never liked the quiet before
周日带孩子们去教堂
I take the children to church on Sunday
站在门前的十字架前
A sign of the cross at the door
我默默祈祷
And I pray
我以前从不祈祷
That never used to happen before
如果你在街上看到他
If you see him in the street
形影单只
Walking by himself
自言自语
Talking to himself
请怀恻隐之心
Have pity
菲利普 你一定喜欢城郊 城郊静悄悄
Philip, you would like it uptown. It’s quiet uptown
他遭遇了无妄之灾
He is working through the unimaginable
他须发渐白
His hair has gone grey
他日日徘徊
He passes every day
人们说他走遍整座城市
They say he walks the length of the city
我无力抗拒
You knock me out
我痛不欲生
I fall apart
你能想象吗
Can you imagine?
看看我们如今的境遇
Look at where we are
想想我们曾阖家幸福
Look at where we started
我知道我配不上你 伊莱莎
I know I don’t deserve you, Eliza
但若你肯听我说
But hear me out
那便已足够
That would be enough
如果我能救他一命
If I could spare his life
如果我能以命抵命
If I could trade his life for mine
那他就会站在这里
He’d be standing here right now
你便会展露笑颜
And you would smile
那便已足够
And that would be enough
我不会假装理解
I don’t pretend to know
我们面临的困难
The challenges we’re facing
我知道我们失去的
I know there’s no replacing
无可替代
What we’ve lost
你也需要时间
And you need time
但我无所畏惧
But I’m not afraid
我了解我的妻子
I know who I married
只要让我陪在你身边
Just let me stay here by your side
那便已足够
That would be enough
如果你在街上看到他
If you see him in the street
伴她左右
Walking by her side
陪她说话
Talking by her side
请怀恻隐之心
Have pity
伊莱莎 你喜欢城郊吗 城郊静悄悄
Eliza, do you like it uptown? It’s quiet uptown
他在接受无妄之灾
He is trying to do the unimaginable
他们漫步在公园里
See them walking in the park
在夜深人静时
Long after dark
看遍城市风景
Taking in the sights of the city
看看如今世事 伊莱莎
Look around, look around, Eliza
他们在接受无妄之灾
They are trying to do the unimaginable
有些时刻难以描述
There are moments that the words don’t reach
有些慈悲难以言说
There’s a grace too powerful to name
我们放下心中困惑
We push away what we can never understand
我们放下无妄之灾
We push away the unimaginable
他们伫立在花♥园♥中
They are standing in the garden
亚历山大陪着伊莱莎
Alexander by Eliza’s side
她握住他的手
She takes his hand
城郊静悄悄
It’s quiet uptown
宽恕
Forgiveness
你能想象吗
Can you imagine?
宽恕
Forgiveness
你能想象吗
Can you imagine?
如果你在街上看到他
If you see him in the street
伴她左右
Walking by her side
陪她说话
Talking by her side
请怀恻隐之心
Have pity
他们遭遇了无妄之灾
They are going through the unimaginable
1800年大选
The election of 1800.
-我们能说回政事吗 -拜托了
– Can we get back to politics? – Uh, please.
凡事皆有反作用力
Yo, every action has its equal opposite reaction
约翰·亚当斯声名狼藉
John Adams shat the bed
我喜欢他 但他举步维艰
I love the guy, but he’s in traction
可怜的亚历山大·汉密尔顿已无暇政事
Poor Alexander Hamilton, he is missing in action
所以我的对手是亚隆·伯尔
So now I’m facing Aaron Burr
和他的帮派
With his own faction
他在北方万众瞩目 纽约人都看好他
He’s very attractive in the north, New Yorkers like his chances
他从不表明自己的立场
He’s not very forthcoming on any particular stances
向他询问 他闪烁其词 避而不谈
Ask him a question, it glances off, he obfuscates, he dances
他们说我是亲法派
And they say I’m a Francophile
至少他们清楚我知道法国在哪
At least they know I know where France is
托马斯 这就是问题所在
Thomas, that’s the problem, see
他们认为伯尔比你温和
They see Burr as a less extreme you
你要改变策略
You need to change course,
找个大人物挽回你的形象
a key endorsement might redeem you
你看中哪位了
Who did you have in mind?
-说出来你别笑 -哪位
– Don’t laugh. – Who is it?
你们曾共事过
You used to work on the same staff.
-不会吧 -说不定是好事
– What? – It might be nice
说不定是好事
It might be nice
有汉密尔顿给你撑腰
To get Hamilton on your side
说不定是好事
It might be nice
说不定是好事
It might be nice
有汉密尔顿给你撑腰
To get Hamilton on your side
少说话
Talk less
多微笑
Smile more!
别向他们表露你的喜恶
Don’t let them know what you’re against or what you’re for
与人握手
Shake hands with him
向人示好
Charm her
1800年了 女士们 让你们的丈夫投伯尔一票
It’s 1800. Ladies, tell your husbands, “Vote for Burr!”
我不喜欢亚当斯
I don’t like Adams.
他赢不了 失败者注定失败
Well, he’s gonna lose. That’s just defeatist.
杰斐逊呢
And Jefferson?
-他对法国情有独钟 -他太恃才傲物
– In love with France. – Yeah, he’s so elitist.
我喜欢亚隆·伯尔
I like that Aaron Burr.
不敢相信他就在我们身边
I can’t believe we’re here with him.
他看起来平易近人
He seems approachable.
好像你能同他共饮一杯
Like you could grab a beer with him.
亲爱的汉密尔顿先生 你的联邦党同僚
Dear Mr. Hamilton, your fellow Federalists
想知道你会投给谁
Would like to know how you’ll be voting
城郊静悄悄
It’s quiet uptown
亲爱的汉密尔顿先生 约翰·亚当斯毫无胜算
Dear Mr. Hamilton, John Adams doesn’t stand a chance
你会支持谁
So who are you promoting
城郊静悄悄
It’s quiet uptown
杰斐逊还是伯尔
Jefferson or Burr
我们知道 都是你的宿敌
We know it’s lose-lose
杰弗逊还是伯尔
Jefferson or Burr
如果你必须做出选择
But if you had to choose
亲爱的汉密尔顿先生
Dear Mr. Hamilton
约翰·亚当斯毫无胜算
John Adams doesn’t stand a chance
你会支持谁
So who are you promoting?
如果你必须做出选择
But if you had to choose?
这不是亚隆·伯尔先生吗
Well, if it isn’t Aaron Burr, sir
-亚历山大 -您真是大闹一出啊
– Alexander! – You’ve created quite a stir, sir
-我在挨家挨户拉票 -你在公开竞选
– I’m going door-to-door – You’re openly campaigning?
-是啊 -真新奇
– Sure – That’s new
老实说 这还挺磨人
Honestly, it’s kind of draining
-伯尔 -先生
– Burr. – Sir.
你可真是无所不用其极
Is there anything you wouldn’t do?
不 我在追求心中所愿
No. I’m chasing what I want.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!