共同努力和赴汤蹈火的优厚报酬
of our mutual cares, labors and dangers
最后一次
One last time
乔治·华盛顿归隐田园
George Washington’s going home
教他们如何告别
Teach ’em how to say goodbye
乔治·华盛顿归隐田园
George Washington’s going home
你和我
You and I
乔治·华盛顿归隐田园
George Washington’s going home
归隐田园
Going home
乔治·华盛顿归隐田园
George Washington’s going home
你所做的一切 自有历史评判
History has its eyes on you
乔治·华盛顿归隐田园
George Washington’s going home
我们要教他们如何告别
Yeah, we’re gonna teach ’em how to say goodbye
教他们如何告别
Teach ’em how to say goodbye
教他们如何告别 如何告别
Teach them how to say goodbye, to say goodbye
教他们如何告别
Teach ’em how to say goodbye
最后一次告别
Say goodbye one last time
最后一次
One last time
最后一次
Time
他们说
They say
乔治·华盛顿主动让权
George Washington’s yielding his power and stepping away
真的吗
Is that true?
我都不知道还能这么做
I wasn’t aware that was something a person could do
我好困惑
I’m perplexed
他们要不断更换领袖吗
Are they going to keep on replacing whoever’s in charge?
那下一任是谁
If so, who’s next?
他们的”国家”中没有别人
There’s nobody else in their “country”
如此声名赫赫
Who looms quite as large
什么
What?
约翰·亚当斯
John Adams?
我认识他
I know him
不会吧
That can’t be
那个小矮子跟我说过话
That’s that little guy who spoke to me
好多年前
All those years ago
哪年来着 1785
What was it? ’85
可怜的家伙 肯定要被生吞活剥
That poor man, they’re going to eat him alive
沧海桑田 王朝兴替
Oceans rise, empires fall
跟华盛顿相比 他们都毫不起眼
Next to Washington they all look small
孤掌难鸣
All alone
看他们治国
Watch them run
早晚斗个你死我活
They will tear each other into pieces
天呐 等不及看戏了
Jesus Christ, this will be fun
约翰·亚当斯总统
President John Adams?
祝你好运
Good luck.
汉密尔顿 脾气暴躁
How does Hamilton, the short-tempered
反复无常 创建起了
protean creator of the Coast Guard
海岸警卫队 和《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》
Founder of the New York Post
居然滥用职权 自毁声誉
ardently abuse his cabinet post, destroy his reputation?
欢迎来到亚当斯政♥府♥
Welcome, folks, to the Adams administration!
杰斐逊位列第二 担任副总统
Jefferson’s the runner-up, which makes him the vice president
华盛顿帮不了你 再无好心总统
Washington can’t help you now, no more Mr. Nice President
亚当斯开除汉密尔顿
Adams fires Hamilton
暗地里骂他 加勒比野种
Privately calls him “creole bastard” in his taunts
什么
Say what?
汉密尔顿公开反击
Hamilton publishes his response
给我坐下 约翰 你个肥头大耳的混♥蛋♥
Sit down, John, you fat mother–
汉密尔顿狗急跳墙
Hamilton’s out of control.
太好了 他无权无势 没有公职
This is great. He’s out of power, he holds no office,
还毁了约翰·亚当斯总统
and he just destroyed President John Adams,
其政党仅剩的要员
the only other significant member of his party.
汉密尔顿以一抵百
Hamilton is a host unto himself.
只要手中有笔 就是威胁
As long as he can hold a pen, he’s a threat.
我们去找他摊牌
Let’s let him know what we know.
副总统先生
Mr. Vice President
麦迪逊先生
Mr. Madison
伯尔参议员
Senator Burr
有何贵干
What is this?
我们手握多个账户的支票存根
We have the check stubs from separate accounts
金额不一 合计近一千美元
Almost a thousand dollars paid in different amounts
于1791年 支付给詹姆斯·雷诺兹先生
To a Mr. James Reynolds way back in 1791
这就是你们手中的把柄 说完了吗
Is that what you have? Are you done?
身为财政要员 你地位特殊
You are uniquely situated by virtue of your position
然而此事跟”品德”毫不沾边
Though “virtue” is not a word I’d apply to this situation
贪图金钱利益 背离神圣使命
To seek financial gain astray from your sacred mission
雷诺兹因投机倒把入狱
谎称汉密尔顿也参与其中
还有证据表明你投机倒把
And the evidence suggests you’ve engaged in speculation
身为移♥民♥ 侵吞政♥府♥资金
An immigrant embezzling our government funds
你的倒台 已成定局
I can almost see the headline your career is done
希望你给儿女留了口粮
I hope you saved some money for your daughter and sons
你最好从哪来的回哪去
You best g’wan run back where you come from
你们甚至不知道想让我坦白什么
You don’t even know what you’re asking me to confess
坦白
Confess
你们空口无凭 我不必多说
You have nothing I don’t have to tell you anything at all
-除非 -除非
– Unless – Unless
如果我能自证从未犯法
If I can prove that I never broke the law
你们能保证对此事守口如瓶吗
Do you promise not to tell another soul what you saw?
决策现场 再无他人
No one else was in the room where it happened
能保证吗
Is that a yes?
能啊
Um, yes.
“亲爱的先生 展信安
“Dear sir, I hope this letter finds you in good health
愿您身居要职 家境富足
And in a prosperous enough position to put wealth
有能力救济我这穷光蛋
In the pockets of people like me down on their luck
要知道 那可是我老婆被你…”
You see, that was my wife who you decided to–”
什么
What?
她引诱我 骗我上♥床♥
She courted me, escorted me to bed
逼我走投无路
And when she had me in a corner
被雷诺兹勒索
That’s when Reynolds extorted me
索要钱财 我按季支付
For a sordid fee, I paid him quarterly
就算我的仕途无光
I may have mortally wounded my prospects
但是我的账目明晰
But my papers are orderly
如你们所见
As you can see,
我的每笔开销都有记录
I kept a record of every check in my checkered history
你们自己核查 没有弄虚作假
Check it again against your list and see consistency
我花的每一分都是自己的钱
I never spent a cent that wasn’t mine
你们派人调查 我不介意
You sent the dogs after my scent, that’s fine
对 我于心有愧
Yes, I have reasons for shame
但我没有犯叛国罪 没有糟蹋自己的名声
But I have not committed treason and sullied my good name
如你们所见
As you can see,
我没干违法乱纪的勾当
I have done nothing to provoke legal action
这个回答你们满意了吗
Are my answers to your satisfaction?
天呐
My God.
先生们 我们走
Gentlemen, let’s go.
如何
So?
我们会守口如瓶
The people won’t know what we know
伯尔
Burr.
我怎么知道下次针锋相对时
How do I know you won’t use this against me
你不会以此对付我
The next time we go toe to toe?
亚历山大 谣言不胫而走
Alexander, rumors only grow
而我们心照不宣
And we both know what we know
飓风之眼 反而宁静
In the eye of a hurricane, there is quiet
稍纵即逝
For just a moment
天空昏黄
A yellow sky
十七岁时 飓风摧毁家乡
When I was 17, a hurricane destroyed my town
我没淹死
I didn’t drown
仿佛不死之身
I couldn’t seem to die
我用笔墨开拓出路
I wrote my way out
写我目之所及
Wrote everything down far as I could see
我用笔墨开拓出路
I wrote my way out
我抬起头 乡亲注视着我
I looked up and the town had its eyes on me
他们自发募捐
They passed a plate around
素不相识的人
And total strangers

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!