We’re gonna reconvene after a brief recess.
-汉密尔顿 -长官
– Hamilton. – Sir.
借一步说话
A word.
没人支持你
You don’t have the votes
没人支持你
You don’t have the votes
你需要国会批准
You’re gonna need congressional approval
但没人支持你
And you don’t have the votes
笨嘴拙舌
Such a blunder
我真不明白 自己何必兴师动众
Sometimes it makes me wonder why I even bring the thunder
他何必兴师动众
Why he even brings the thunder
你冷静下来了吗
You wanna pull yourself together?
抱歉 这些弗吉尼亚人就是一丘之貉
I’m sorry. These Virginians are birds of a feather.
年轻人 我也是弗吉尼亚人 说话小心点
Young man, I’m from Virginia, so, watch your mouth.
那就任由南方人挟持国会吗
So we let Congress get held hostage by the South?
-你需要有人支持 -不 我们需要放手一搏
– You need the votes. – No, we need bold strokes.
-这个提案势在必行 -不 你需要说服更多人
– We need this plan. – No, you need to convince more folks.
詹姆斯·麦迪逊不搭理我 根本不可能
Well, James Madison won’t talk to me, that’s a nonstarter.
赢很轻松 年轻人 治国才更艰辛
Winning was easy, young man, governing’s harder.
-他们不肯让步 -你得找出折衷之策
– They’re being intransigent. – You have to find a compromise.
他们根本没想法 只是看不上我的
They don’t have a plan. They just hate mine!
想办法说服他们
Convince them otherwise.
要是得不到国会批准会如何
And what happens if I don’t get congressional approval?
他们应该会要求你下台
I imagine they’ll call for your removal.
-长官 -想办法解决 亚历山大
– Sir. – Figure it out, Alexander.
这是总统下达的命令
That’s an order from your commander.
一 二 三 四 五 六 七 八 九
Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept, huit, neuf
一 二 三 四 五 六 七 八 九
Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept, huit, neuf
很好
Good!
一 二 三 四 五 六 七 八 九
Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept, huit, neuf
一 二 三 四 五 六 七 八 九
Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept, huit, neuf
七 八 九
Sept, huit, neuf
七 八 九
Sept, huit, neuf
七 八 九
Sept, huit, neuf
七 八 九
Sept, huit, neuf
一 二 三 四 五 六 七 八 九
One, two, three, four, five six, seven, eight, nine!
亲爱的安洁莉卡
My dearest, Angelica
出自《麦克白》
麦克白在得知夫人死后的感慨
“明天 明天 又一个明天
“Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow
迈着琐碎的脚步 日复一日走过”
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day”
我想你一定明白
I trust you’ll understand
我又引用了一部苏格兰悲剧
The reference to another Scottish tragedy
不必点明出处
Without my having to name the play
他们把我比作麦克白 怀揣愚蠢的野心
They think me Macbeth, ambition is my folly
视我为博学家 眼中钉 肉中刺
I’m a polymath, a pain in the ass, a massive pain
麦迪逊是班戈 杰斐逊是麦克德夫
Madison is Banquo, Jefferson’s Macduff
班戈曾是麦克白的战友 后与麦克白决裂被刺杀
麦克白杀害麦克德夫的妻儿 最终被麦克德夫杀死
国会是逼近杜西宁山的伯纳姆森林
And Birnam Wood is Congress on its way to Dunsinane
三个女巫预言
只有伯纳姆森林到达杜西宁山
麦克白才会落败
你我却远隔重洋
And there you are, an ocean away
怎么就非得隔海相望
Do you have to live an ocean away?
思念原已消散 却又寄来锦书
Thoughts of you subside, then I get another letter
叫我如何放下
And I cannot put the notion away
歇一歇
Take a break
马上就好
I am on my way
晚饭前有个小惊喜 不容等待
There’s a little surprise before supper and it cannot wait
我很快就来 别收盘子
I’ll be there in just a minute, save my plate
-亚历山大 -来了 来了
– Alexander – Okay, okay
今天是你儿子的九岁生日
Your son is nine years old today
他有话要对说
He has something he’d like to say
练习了一整日
He’s been practicing all day
菲利普 开始吧
Philip, take it away
爸爸 爸爸 听好
Daddy, Daddy, look
我叫菲利普 我是个诗人
My name is Philip, I am a poet
我写下这首诗来佐证
I wrote this poem just to show it
我刚满九岁
And I just turned nine
你能作诗 但写不出我的精髓
You can write rhymes but you can’t write mine
什么
What!
我学法语 和母亲练钢琴
I practice French and play piano with my mother
我有妹妹 还想要个弟弟
I have a sister, but I want a little brother
好吧
Okay.
我的老爸要建立国家银行
My daddy’s trying to start America’s bank
一 二 三 四 五
Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq!
-真棒 -歇一歇
– Bravo! – Take a break
我们的孩子真棒
Hey, our kid is pretty great.
今夏同我们去北部度假
Run away with us for the summer, let’s go upstate
伊莱莎 工作让我忙碌难歇
Eliza, I’ve got so much on my plate
我们可以去探望我的父亲
We can all go stay with my father
-那里有片湖泊 -我知道
– There’s a lake I know – I know
-附近还有公园 -我也想去
– In a nearby park – I’d love to go
夜幕落下后我们可以去散步
You and I can go when the night gets dark
我尽量抽时间
I will try to get away
亲爱的亚历山大
My dearest Alexander
你得说服杰斐逊
You must get through to Jefferson
商谈折衷之策 直到达成共识
Sit down with him and compromise. Don’t stop till you agree
你最爱的大姨子安洁莉卡提醒你
Your favorite older sister, Angelica, reminds you
有人远隔重洋陪伴着你
There’s someone in your corner all the way across the sea
在你两周前的来信中
In a letter I received from you two weeks ago
我注意到多出一个逗号♥
I noticed a comma in the middle of a phrase
细微不同 千差万别 你可是故意为之
It changed the meaning, did you intend this?
轻轻一笔就倾覆我的天地 你写道
One stroke and you’ve consumed my waking days, it said:
“亲爱的安洁莉卡”
“My dearest Angelica”
“亲爱的”后面加个逗号♥
With a comma after “Dearest”
你写道
You’ve written:
“我的爱人
“My dearest,
安洁莉卡”
Angelica”
总之 我妹妹邀请我
Anyway, all this to say, I’m coming home this summer
今年夏天回娘家
At my sister’s invitation
如果你和家人去北部度假 我们就能见面
I’ll be there with your family if you make your way upstate
我知道你工作繁忙 我知道你身负重任
I know you’re very busy, I know your work’s important
但我远渡重洋而来 已迫不及待
But I’m crossing the ocean and I just can’t wait
你我不再隔海相望
You won’t be an ocean away
相聚近在咫尺
You’ll only be a moment away
亚历山大 快下来
Alexander, come downstairs
安洁莉卡今日抵达
Angelica’s arriving today
安洁莉卡
Angelica
伊莱莎
Eliza!
斯凯勒姐妹
The Schuyler sisters
亚历山大
Alexander
你好
Hi.
见到你真好
It’s good to see your face
安洁莉卡 快告诉他
Angelica, tell this man
约翰·亚当斯整个夏天都陪着家人
John Adams spends the summer with his family
安洁莉卡 快告诉我妻子
Angelica, tell my wife
约翰·亚当斯是个闲人 无所事事
John Adams doesn’t have a real job anyway
时任副总统
这个职位自创立起就被嘲笑无足轻重
等等 你不和我们同去吗
You’re not joining us? Wait
恐怕我不能同你们去北部度假
I’m afraid I cannot join you upstate
亚历山大 我不远万里而来
Alexander, I came all this way
她不远万里而来
She came all this way
不远万里
All this way
歇一歇
Take a break.
我必须要让国会批准我的提案
You know I have to get my plan through congress.
今夏一起去度假 我们去北部
Run away with us for the summer, let’s go upstate
如果国会不批准 我会丢掉工作
I lose my job if we don’t get this plan through congress
我们可以去探望我们的父亲
We can all go stay with our father
那里有片湖泊
There’s a lake I know
你不去我会思念
I know I’ll miss your face
附近还有公园
In a nearby park
一鼓作气
Screw your courage to the sticking place
出自《麦克白》
麦克白夫人对麦克白的激励