What?
六小时唇枪舌战 议员们神思倦怠
Talks for six hours, the convention is listless
小伙有头脑
Bright young man
这人谁啊
Yo, who the eff is this?
为何你总直抒己见
Why do you always say what you believe?
为何你总直抒己见
Why do you always say what you believe?
每句宣言都令你成为众矢之的
Every proclamation guarantees free ammunition for your enemies
为何笔耕不辍 仿佛不合时宜
Why do you write like it’s going out of style?
日夜笔耕不辍 仿佛不合时宜
Write day and night like it’s going out of style
每天口诛笔伐 仿佛不合时宜
Every day you fight like it’s going out of style
你少掺和
Do what you do
亚历山大
Alexander
亚隆·伯尔 先生
Aaron Burr, sir.
已是午夜了
Well, it’s the middle of the night.
我们能谈谈吗 先生
Can we confer, sir?
-是法务问题吗 -是的 这对我来说很重要
– Is this a legal matter? – Yes, and it’s important to me.
-你有什么需要 -伯尔 你做律师比我在行
– What do you need? – Burr, you’re a better lawyer than me.
然后呢
Okay.
我知道我说话又多又糙
I know I talk too much, I’m abrasive
你在法庭上十分出色 语言干练而有说服力
You’re incredible in court. You’re succinct, persuasive
我的当事人需要有力的辩护 你能搞定
My client needs a strong defense. You’re the solution
-你的当事人是谁 -新美国《宪法》
– Uh, who’s your client? – The new US Constitution.
-不行 -听我说完
– No. – Hear me out.
没门
No way.
一系列匿名发表的文章
A series of essays anonymously published
向公众声援宪法
defending the document to the public
-没人会读的 -我认为有
– No one’ll read it. – I disagree.
如果失败了呢
And if it fails?
伯尔 因此才需要它
Burr, that’s why we need it.
-《宪法》一塌糊涂 -因此才需要修订
– The Constitution’s a mess. – So it needs amendments.
-充满矛盾 -独♥立♥也是
– It’s full of contradictions. – So is independence.
-万事开头难 -不 不行
– We have to start somewhere. – No. No way.
-你在犯错误 -晚安
– You’re making a mistake. – Good night.
你在等什么 你还犹豫什么
What are you waiting for? What do you stall for?
-什么 -我们打赢了战争 图什么
– What? – We won the war. What was it all for?
-你支持新《宪法》吗 -当然
– Do you support this Constitution? – Of course.
-那就为它辩护 -万一你下错注呢
– Then defend it. – What if you’re backing the wrong horse?
伯尔 我们一起学习 奋战 杀敌
Burr, we studied and we fought and we killed
只为如今我们所建国家的信念
for the notion of a nation we now get to build
哪怕此生仅有一次 你也应骄傲地表态
For once in your life, take a stand with pride
我不明白你怎能袖手旁观
I don’t understand how you stand to the side
我要将所有计划深藏不露
I will keep all my plans close to my chest
等待 等待 等待
Wait for it, wait for it, wait…
我要作壁上观 见机行事
I’ll wait here and see which way the wind will blow
我要静观其变
I’m taking my time
看着国家诞生
watching the afterbirth of a nation
看着矛盾激化
watching the tension grow
我将向伦敦起航
I am sailing off to London
与一个慷慨多金的人同往
I’m accompanied by someone who always pays
我找到一位富有的丈夫
I have found a wealthy husband
事实上安洁莉卡与汉密尔顿相遇时已嫁为人妇
她与丈夫育有三女五子
他将令我余生衣食无忧
who will keep me in comfort for all my days
他不算有趣
He is not a lot of fun
但论口才 谁也不可与你同日而语
but there’s no one who can match you for turn of phrase
-我的亚历山大 -安洁莉卡
– My Alexander – Angelica
别忘记写信
Don’t forget to write
看看你如今的成就
Look at where you are
想想你曾一无所有
Look at where you started
你还活着就是个奇迹
The fact that you’re alive is a miracle
只要你活着便已足够
Just stay alive, that would be enough
若你能分给妻子一点时间
And if your wife could share a fraction of your time
若我能为你带来安宁
If I could grant you peace of mind
那便足够吗
Would that be enough?
亚历山大与詹姆斯·麦迪逊和约翰·杰伊联手
Alexander joins forces with James Madison and John Jay
写下一系列文章
to write a series of essays
为新美国《宪法》辩护
defending the new United States Constitution
题为《联邦论》
entitled “The Federalist Papers”
计划是共写25篇文章
The plan was to write a total of 25 essays,
由三人平分工作量
the work divided evenly among the three men.
最终 他们在六个月间写出85篇文章
In the end, they wrote 85 essays in the span of six months.
约翰·杰伊写了五篇后病倒
John Jay got sick after writing five.
詹姆斯·麦迪逊写了29篇
James Madison wrote 29.
其余51篇由汉密尔顿所写
Hamilton wrote the other 51!
为何笔耕不辍 仿佛时日无多
How do you write like you’re running out of time?
日夜笔耕不辍 仿佛时日无多
Write day and night like you’re running out of time
每天口诛笔伐 仿佛时日无多
Every day you fight like you’re running out of time
时日无多 是否时日无多
Running out of time? Are you running out of time?
为何笔耕不辍 仿佛没有明天
How do you write like tomorrow won’t arrive?
为何笔耕不辍 仿佛命系笔尖
How do you write like you need it to survive?
为何笔耕不辍 时刻争分夺秒
How do you write every second you’re alive?
争分夺秒 争分夺秒
Every second you’re alive, every second you’re alive
他们要我领导
They’re asking me to lead
我将尽我所能
I’m doing the best I can
召集所需之人
to get the people that I need
请你担任副手
I’m asking you to be my right-hand man
财政还是国务
Treasury or State?
我明白这是不情之请
I know it’s a lot to ask
财政还是国务
Treasury or State?
离开你熟知的世界
To leave behind the world you know
长官 您想让我负责财政部还是国♥务♥院♥
Sir, do you want me to run the Treasury or State Department?
财政部
Treasury.
那走起
Let’s go.
亚历山大
Alexander…
我得离开
I have to leave.
亚历山大
Alexander.
看看如今世事
Look around, look around
此刻我们活着是多么幸运
At how lucky we are to be alive right now
情难自禁
Helpless
他们要我领导
They are asking me to lead
看这世事 这还不够吗
Look around, isn’t this enough?
他永远不会满足
He will never be satisfied
如何才能满足
What would be enough to be satisfied?
他永远不会满足
He will never be satisfied
满足 满足
Satisfied, satisfied
你所做的一切 自有历史评判
History has its eyes on you
你凭什么认定 就你聪明绝顶
Why do you assume you’re the smartest in the room?
这还不够吗
Isn’t this enough?
那便足够吗
Will it be enough?
你所做的一切 自有历史评判
History has its eyes on you
为何笔耕不辍 仿佛时日无多
Why do you write like you’re running out of time?
为何笔耕不辍
Why do you write like…
你所做的一切 自有历史评判
History has its eyes on you
我绝不放过良机
I am not throwing away my shot
你们等着瞧
Just you wait
我绝不放过良机
I am not throwing away my shot
你们等着瞧
Just you wait
我叫亚历山大·汉密尔顿
I am Alexander Hamilton
汉密尔顿 汉密尔顿
Hamilton, Hamilton
你们等着瞧
Just you wait
我绝不放过良机
I am not throwing away my shot!
幕间休息
一七
Seventeen
一 一 一七
Se-se-seventeen
一 一 一七
Se-se-seventeen
1789年
私生之子 孤苦之人
How does the bastard, orphan
移♥民♥之人 授勋老兵
Immigrant, decorated war vet
竟想通过 债务治国
Unite the colonies through more debt?
斗遍开国元勋 直到无处立足
Fight the other founding fathers till he has to forfeit
从坐拥一切 到一无所有
Have it all, lose it all.
还想接着看
You ready for more yet?
他是财政部长 华盛顿是总统