书里命运跟很多人都有关
fate caught up with several lives here.
不论科林斯采取什么样的行动
No matter what course of action Collins took …
他都摆脱不了命运的束缚
he was destined to his own fate,
每一天都是命运的安排
his own day of reckoning with himself.
这
The idea …
就像
is …
天命
that destiny …
是非常真实的,具体的东西
我们每个人都得处理好
is a very real, concrete thing
that every person has to deal with.
对于命运,撒母耳和卡斯提的观点有什么不同?劳莉?
How does Samuels’ view of fate differ from that of Costaine’s? Laurie?
叫我吗?
M’am?
回答问题
Answer the question.
卡斯提写到命运某些程度上跟信仰有关
Costaine wrote that fate was somehow related only to religion
而撒母耳认为那只是一种自然物
就像泥土,空气,火和水一样
or where Samuels felt that … well, fate was like
a natural element, like earth, air, fire, and water.
对,撒母耳把命运人格化了
That’s right, Samuels definitely personified fate.
撒母耳写到,命运是不可移♥动♥的,就像一座山
In Samuels’ writing, fate is a moveable like a mountain.
对人来说是无法改变的
It stands, where man passes a way.
命运永远不会改变
Fate never changes.
你,抱南瓜的 你们走开!
You, with pumpkin. Leave me alone!
他会捉到你的!捉到你的,捉到你的
He’s gonna get you!
– He’s gonna get you, he’s gonna get you…
恶魔人来了!快走开!
The boogeyman is coming! Leave me alone!
他大概不胆小
你知不知道万圣节是什么节日?
He doesn’t believe us.
– Don’t you know what happens on Halloween?
知道,有糖果吃
Yeah, we get candy.
恶魔人来了!恶魔人来了!恶魔人来了!
The boogey man!
– The boogey man, the boogey man, the boogey …
他己经动身了
He’s on his way.
你一定要相信我,警官 他要来哈登菲尔德镇
You gotta believe me officer,he is coming to Haddonfield.
因为我了解他
Because I know him.
我是他的医生 你一定要有所准备
I’m his doctor. You must be ready for him.
不信的话,那就准备棺材吧
If you don’t, it’s your funeral.
* 我们来自哈登菲尔德镇,我们很自豪 *
We’re from Haddonfield, couldn’t be prouder.
* 听不清楚吗,那我们再大声点 *
Can’t hear now, we yell a little louder.
* 我们来自哈登菲尔德镇,我们很自豪 *
We’re from Haddonfield, couldn’t be prouder!
* 听不清楚吗,那我们再大声点 *
噢,看看你
Can’t hear now … continue
– Oh, look at you.
快把那些书扔掉 你应该去购物
Get off the books you have.
You neeed a shopping cart to get home.
* 嘿,哈登菲尔德镇!*
Heeey Haddonfield!
– Yeah, one for me.
这真是赶死人了!早上有三个新的口号♥要学
You know it’s totally insane! We have three new cheers to learn in the morning,
下午有球赛,5点要去做头发,然后8点去跳舞
the game in the afternoon, I have to get my hairdone at five and the dance is at eight.
我的时间都被用光了!
I’ll be totally wiped out!
明天再做估计来不及
完全来不及
I don’t think get enough to do tommorow.
Totally!
跟以前一样,我似乎没事干
这是你自己的错,我不必同情你
As usual, I have nothing to do.
– It’s your own fault and I don’t feel bit sorry for you.
嘿,琳达,劳莉
Hey, Lynda, Laurie!
怎么没等我?
Why didn’t you wait for me?
我们等了呀!
We did.
等了15分钟 你根本没出现
胡说!我这不是来了吗?
Fifteen minutes. You totally never showed.
– That’s not true. Here I am.
怎么了,安妮?你脸上没笑容
我永远不会再笑了
What’s wrong, Annie? You’re not smiling.
– I’m never smiling again.
保罗带我去男更衣室,然后开♥发♥神秘领域?
已经被完全开♥发♥过了
Paul dragged me into the boys’ locker room to tell …
– Exploring uncharted territory?- It’s been totally charted.
我们只是聊天
We just talked.
当然,当然
Sure, sure.
他因往窗户扔鸡蛋被人逮住了
然后他父母就不让他出门了
Old jerko got caught throwing eggs
and soaping windows. His parents grounded him.
他今晚来不了了
He can’t come over tonight.
你今晚不是要去当保姆吗?她当保姆的唯一原因就是为了有个地方
噢,糟了
I thought you were babysitting tonight. The only reason she babysits is to have a place to…
Oh shit …
我已经有地方了
I have a place for that.
我忘了化学课本
I forgot my chemistry book.
有啥关系?我常忘了拿化学课本,数学课本,英语课本
So, who cares? I always forget my chemistry book
and my math book and my english book and my …
有时候法语课本
and let’s see my French book and …
其实没有书也没关系 我根本不需要这些书
我真希望把这些书都丢掉
Who needs books anyway? I don’t need books.
I always forget all of my books. I mean …
有没有带书回去根本不要紧
it doesn’t really matter if I you got that books or not.
那不是范格拉汉姆吗?
Hey, isn’t that the van Graham?
我想不是
I don’t think so.
他长得很帅
I think he’s cute.
嘿,怪人!
Hey, jerk …
马路杀手!
Speed kills!
糟了,他不能开玩笑?
Gosh … Can’t he take a joke?
安妮,你总有一天会给我们惹祸的
You know, Annie, some day
you gonna get us all into deep trouble.
真的
Totally.
我不喜欢没有幽默感的人
I hate a guy with a car and no sense of humor.
今晚我们还是照旧?
Well, are we still on for tonight?
我不想给你惹麻烦,琳达
I wouldn’t want to get you in deep trouble, Lynda.
别这样,安妮
Oh come on, Annie …
巴伯和我己经计划了一个星期了
Bob and I’ve been planning on it all week.
好吧!
All right.
华♥莱♥士♥夫妇七点离开家
The Wallaces leave at seven.
我要去道尔家当保姆
I’m babysitting the Doyles.
只隔了三套房♥子远,我们可以一起玩了
太好了,我有三样选择
It’s only three houses down. We can keep each other
company. – Ohh, terrific … I’ve got three choices.
照看小孩睡觉,和琳达鬼混,还有跟你聊天
Watch the kid sleep, listen to Lynda
screw around or talk to you.
我们真
We’re so ma …
这里
Here.
晚上什么时候?
What time at night?
还不知道 我必须把我的小弟弄走然后和和巴伯一起!
I don’t know yet. I have to get out of taking my little
brother trick- or-treating. – Saving the treats for Bob?
真幽默!
Fun-ny.
再见!
再见!- 再见!
See you.
– Bye. – Bye.
安妮,看
Annie, look.
看什么?
Look where?
树林后面
Behind the bush.
我没看到东西
那个刚才开车的,被你吼的那个
I don’t see anything.
– That guy who drove by so fast, when you yelled at.
他很敏感,是不是?
Subtle, isn’t he?
嘿,混♥蛋♥!
Hey, creep!
劳莉,亲爱的,他想和你说话
Laurie, dear, he wants to talk to you.
他晚上想和你约会
He wants to take you out tonight.
他刚才站在这里
He was standing right there.
可怜的劳莉
Poor Laurie.
你又失去了一个机会
Scared another one away.
真可悲,你永远无法和男孩约会
It’s tragic. You never go out.
你不应该整天帮别人看孩子
别人觉得我聪明
You must have a small fortune stashed from babysitting
so much. – Guys think I’m too smart.
我认为你太怪异了 竟然在树丛后看到一个人
I don’t. I think you’re whacko.Now you’re seeing men behind bushes.
温暖的家到了
Well, home sweet home.
待会儿见
See you later.
再见
Bye.
对不起,劳莉
布莱克先生,对不起 我不是有意吓你的
Excuse me, Laurie. – Oh, Mr. Brackett,
I’m sorry, Mr. Brackett. – Oh, I didn’t mean to scary ya.
对不起
I’m sorry.
今天是万圣节 我想每个人都预期会被吓一吓
You know, it’s Halloween.
I guess everybody’s entitled to a one good scare.
是的,先生
Yes, sir.
很高兴见到你,先生
Nice evening, sir.
不给糖就捣乱 不给糖就捣乱
Trick -o – treat, Trick -o – treat.
小孩子
Oh, kiddo …
都是在迷信中长大的
thought you grew up from superstition.
哈罗?
Hello?
哈罗?
Hello?
到底是谁?
Who is this?
哈罗?