想用这个换掉关乎我事业的故事?
Trade the story of my career for a puff piece on Hobie Doyle?
不干
I don’t think so.
不是交换 只要你等一天 就能得到一个多年的故事
You’re not trading anything, you’re waiting one day on a story that’s years old.
等一天 你就可以访问Baird 让你明白你的故事多乏味
Wait one day. I can let you talk to Baird, show you your story’s the bunk.
如果我说错了 也不影响你写的专栏
If I’m wrong, no skin off your nose. You run the column.
同时 你还得到一个独家新闻
In the meantime, you have an exclusive.
没人知道Hobie跟Carlotta的事
No one else knows about Hobie and Carlotta.
说好了 就酱
No kidding. You’re it.
到底Thora是什么样的名字啊?
What kind of name is Thora, anyway?
这是一千九百万读者信赖的名字
It’s a name that 19 million readers trust.
别耍他们
Don’t play games with them, Eddie.
喔 没人要耍
Oh, nobody’s playing games here.
这够大吗?
Is that big enough?
哈罗 Eddie 出于礼貌通知你一声
Hello, Eddie. I’m notifying you as a courtesy
明天我就要让故事上报
before I run tomorrow’s story.
Thessaly 我刚才见过你的…
Thessaly? Yeah, I just saw your…
你好吗? 什么故事?
Ah, never mind. How you doing? What’s the story?
Baird的故事
It’s about Baird Whitlock.
相信我 那是老掉牙的事了 没啥好登的!
There’s absolutely no truth to that old story, believe me.
老掉牙? 老掉牙 毫无新意
Old? Old, stale, rotten and…
我说的是今天的事
I’m talking about today.
什么?
What?
有小道消息说他今天从片场消失了
A little bird told me that he disappeared from the set today.
喔 那个喔 不 不
Oh, that! No, no.
是的 他该休息一下了
Yes, he did have to take a break.
受了点小伤 脚扭到了
Minor injury. High ankle sprain.
你以为我在说啥?
What did you think I meant?
没什么 我刚见到你姊了
No, nothing. I saw your sister earlier.
她想重刊以前的八卦
She was trying to resurrect some old gossip about Baird.
喔 她就是这样 这老女人
Oh, I’m sure she was, that cow!
对什么都后知后觉
She wouldn’t know a news story if it bit her on the posterior.
是啊 她就是… 脚扭到了?
Yeah, well, she’s… High ankle sprain?
你就只会编这种藉口?
Is that really the best you could come up with?
谁不知他的花边故事
We all know about the womanizing and the drinking jags
还有酗酒的故事
and those trips to San Berdoo.
Baird是个好人
Baird is a good family man.
只是脚扭到了
He has a high ankle sprain.
Mannix先生!
Mr. Mannix?
怎么啦 小花生?
What’s up, Peanut?
Natalie要我尽快找到你
Natalie told me to find you PDQ.
我知道这听来诡异 她说有人从未来打电♥话♥来
I know it sounds screwy, but she said someone’s calling from the future.
未来…天啊!Thessaly 我得赶回去
Good Lord! Thessaly, I have to run.
如果知道Baird在哪 让我访问他
If you do know where Baird is, you must let me talk to him.
当然 我马上就会知道他在哪 Thessaly 一定…
Sure. I’ll find out where he is right away, Thessaly, and I’m sure…
Thessaly是什么样名字啊?
Say, what kind of name is Thessaly, anyway?
这是两千万读者信赖的名字
It’s a name that 20 million readers trust.
他们要真♥相♥ Eddie
They want the truth, Eddie.
真♥相♥ 是喔
The truth, yes. Mmm-hmm.
会给他们真♥相♥的
We’re gonna give it to them.
在三线 Hobie在里面
On three. And Hobie Doyle is in there.
Mannix先生你好
Hey. Hello, Mr. Mannix.
谢谢你过来 等一下
EDDIE: Thanks for coming, Hobie. One second.
哈罗 Mannix…
Hello, Mannix…
可恶
Damn.
挂了 Natalie 再打来马上跟我说
Hung up, Natalie. Tell me the second they call back.
是
NATALIE: Yes, sir.
怎么回事 Mannix先生?
What’s going on there, Mr. Mannix?
你好像在等什么
Looks like you’re expecting rain.
没什么
No, it’s nothing.
第一天拍得怎样?
How’s the first day on the picture?
还适应吗?
You getting comfortable?
喔 我觉得还不错
Oh, I guess it’s going pretty good.
那个Laurentz先生 真是个大好人
Uh, that Mr. Laurentz, he’s an awful good man.
一直在教我
He’s helping me get through it.
所有功劳都要归他 毕竟我还是个新人
I give him all the credit in the world, me being the new hand in the bunkhouse.
让我说好多台词 这得花时间适应
They got me talking a lot, which takes a little getting used to,
对着摄影机说话我还蛮喜欢的
talking with the camera looking at me, but, heck, I enjoy.
好 很好
Oh, good, that’s fine.
以前在片里只跟马说”白驹!”或”喂 等等”
Usually on a picture, I just say, “Whitey” or “Whoa, there.”
但在这终于可以
But this one here, it’s talking.
第一次跟人说话
And it’s people listening.
还真不习惯 但我渐渐习惯了
That threw me a little at first, but I think I got my leg up on her now.
Laurentz早上还夸赞你的表现不错呢
That’s fine. Laurentz came by this morning to tell me how well you’re doing.
继续听他的话
You just continue to do whatever he says.
他知道怎么拍好电影
He knows how to make a quality picture.
的确 他的要求是尽善尽美
That is true. He will not quit on a take until it has quality.
打来了吗?
That them?
抱歉 先生 不是
NATALIE: Sorry, sir, no.
Mannix太太在一线要接吗?
Do you want Mrs. Mannix on one?
嗨 亲爱的
Hiya, hon.
你知道的啊 我就是忙
You know, busy.
Uh-huh.
Uh-huh.
我以为他要在室内演
I thought he asked to play infield.
知道了
I see.
也许该让他知道要信守诺言
Maybe we should make him honor that commitment.
没错 你是对的
That’s true. No, of course, you’re right.
好 我会打给教练
Okay. Okay, I’ll call the coach.
当然
Sure.
我也爱你
I love you, too.
Mannix先生要不要我给你弄个大点箱子?
Mr. Mannix, you want me to run out and get you a bigger grip?
这个好像小了点
That one looks a little bit snug.
Hobie.
这箱里有十万美金
There’s $100,000 in that attaché case.
赎金
Ransom money.
Baird被绑了
Baird Whitlock has been kidnapped.
这下糟了
This is bad.
对各地的明星都不是好消息
Bad for movie stars everywhere.
你不知谁干的?
And you got no idea who’s mixed up in this thing?
我觉得是临时演员干的
I would look at the extras.
为何是临时演员?
The extras? Why?
那是因为没人了解他们 来来去去的
Well, you just never know about an extra. They come and go.
没个例外 我就在片场 我看见有个家伙在忙着装灯
Everyone else, I’m on the set, I see the guy setting the 5K,
我当时想“有个老家伙在装灯”
I think, “Why, there’s old Bud setting the 5K.”
场记 道具人员也都忙着
Script girl, wrangler, same thing.
临时演员就不同了
Extras, that’s different.
连帮个小忙都不用
Not making a blanket call here.
我是说 临时演员有好有坏
I mean, there’s good extras and bad extras.
我意思是
All I’m saying
你看着临时演员
you look at an extra,
看不出他倒底在想啥
you got no idea what he’s thinking.
又打来了 二线
NATALIE: He’s back! Line two.
喂 钱好了吗?
Hello. You have the money?
好了
Yes, I have it.
八号♥影棚?
Stage 8?
配电箱后?就放在那?
Behind the electrical box? Just leave it there?
哪时放Baird? 拿到钱再说
And when do I get Baird? When we have the money.
我马上去
I’ll do it right now.
可以借你的腰带吗?
Can I use your belt?
Swingin’ Dinghy 要打烊了 各位
The Swingin’ Dinghy is closing, folks.
我要收拾了 你们也该离开了
Time for me to clean up, time for you to clear out.
小伙子们 再见了 八个月后见
So long, fellas. See ya in eight months.
再见了 小帅哥们
Toodle-oo. See ya later, boys.
八个月?
Eight months?
没错 明早就要启航了
Yeah, we’re shipping out in the morning.
天啊!八个月看不到女人
Golly! Eight months without a dame.
谁受得了?
Can you beat it?
受不了也得受
You’re gonna have to beat it!
♪ We are heading out to sea ♪
我们即将启航
♪ and however it will be, ♪
不管如何
♪ it ain’t gonna be the same. ♪
一切都不一样了
♪ cause no matter what we see, ♪