但我在眼中却没看到责备
But in his eyes, I saw no shadow of reproach.
我只看到光明
I saw only light.
上帝之光
The light of God.
你是说众神之光
You mean, of the gods.
不是 Gracchus 我的朋友
I do not, friend Gracchus.
这是希伯来人是唯一上帝的儿子
This Hebrew is a son of the one God.
就是偏远部族的神
The God of this far-flung tribe.
神的受膏者 为何就不能出现在这
And why shouldn’t God’s anointed appear here
出现在这些怪人当中 来担当他们的罪?
among these strange people, to shoulder their sins?
在这里 Gracchus 在这片骄阳灼烤的土地上
Here, Gracchus, in this sun-drenched land.
他为什么就选这个样
Why should He not take this form,
以个普通人的样
the form of an ordinary man?
他不仅为我们带来古老的真理 但是新的
A man bringing us not the old truths, but a new one.
新的真理
A new truth?
就是那高于我们眼所能见的真理
A truth beyond the truth that we can see.
高于这世界的真理
A truth beyond this world.
不是用言语而是用光明来宣示的真理
A truth told not in words, but in light.
个真理我们能看到 只要我们有
A truth that we could see if we had but…
只要我们有…
If we had but…
卡 卡!“信仰 只有信仰”
Cut! Cut! “Faith! Have but faith!”
信仰
Faith.
信仰 信仰 可恶
Faith. Faith! God damn it!
再来一遍 原来不是
Go one again. Isn’t it…
改啦
They changed it.
你记住大部分啦 不错啦
You got most of it, man. You’re all right.
好吧 等一下
All right, hang on.
能帮我擦擦汗吗 我一身汗了
Can I get a pat down? I’m sweating like a pig in this thing.
啊 去你的鸟蛋!
Ah, son of a bitch!
请神父降福我 准我罪人告解
Bless me, Father, for I have sinned.
你多久没来告解了 孩子啊?
How long since your last confession, my son?
27小时前
It’s been, what, 27 hours.
不用那么快 孩子
It’s really too often, my son.
你没那么坏
You’re not that bad.
神父 我不知道
I don’t know, Father.
我又偷抽了一根或是两根烟
I snuck a cigarette. Or two.
没准时回家吃晚餐
I didn’t make it home in time for dinner.
我还发怒 打了一个影星
And I, uh, struck a movie star in anger.
好吧
All right.
念五遍万福玛丽亚
Five Hail Marys.
好
Okay.
好
Okay.
神父
Father?
怎么啦 孩子?
Yes, my son.
神父 可以问个事吗?
May I ask you something, Father?
当然可以 孩子
Of course, my son.
如果有轻而易举的事
If there’s something that’s easy,
那是错的吗?
is that wrong?
轻而易举?
Easy?
容易做的事
Yeah, easy to do.
轻而易举…
Easy to…
例如轻松的活
Like, an easy job.
也不是干坏事
No, it’s not a bad job. It’s not bad.
但 有另一份工作不是那么容易
But, then, there’s this other job that’s not so easy.
其实是很困难的事
No, in fact, it’s hard.
非常困难 神父
It’s so hard, Father…
我也不知道能否坚做持下去 但看起来比较对
Sometimes I don’t know if I can keep doing it, but it seems right.
我不知怎么解释
I don’t know how to explain.
上帝要我们做对的事
God wants us to do what’s right.
是
Yeah.
是 当然是
Yeah, of course He does.
那个告诉你什么是对的声音…
The inner voice that tells you what’s right,
来自上帝 孩子
it comes from God, my son.
我明白了
Yeah, I got it.
这就是他的方式
That’s His way of saying that…
对 对 我明白了 谢谢
Yeah, yeah, I got it.
新墨西哥Gallup的雨还在下
Still raining in Gallup, New Mexico.
Tucumcari拍摄组已经拍好”Came the Rain”
And the Tucumcari crew has shot all the plates we need for Came the Rain.
在现在的天气下把高♥潮♥戏拍出 我们来重新为这部片命名
Well, just shoot the showdown in the weather and we’ll retitle it.
Tucumcari Tempest, Desert Squall, Hold Back The Storm.
风波乍起 又归平静
NARRATOR: The stories begin, the stories end.
我也不知道 发回给编剧改吧
I don’t know, bounce it off the writers.
就酱
NARRATOR: So it has been.
这是今天要打的电♥话♥
Here’s today’s call list.
加上一个 打给Lockheed的Cuddahy先生
Add a call to a Mr. Cuddahy at the Lockheed Corporation.
长话短话?
Long call? Short?
“多谢盛情 恕难接受”这算长还短?
Thanks, but no thanks. How long was that?
但Eddie Mannix的故事
NARRATOR: But the story of Eddie Mannix…
先打给谁?
Who do we call first?
永远不会结束
…will never end.
先打纽约
New York first.
该和Schenk先生联络了
Time to check in with Mr. Schenk.
因为他的故事都是由那永恒之光写成的
For his is a tale written in light everlasting.