但 这些钱该献给事业 而不是我们这些仆人
But the money should go to the cause, not to the servants of the cause.
没错! – 没错
Yes! That’s right.
这个…
We… Well…
是我们对共♥产♥党的微薄贡献
Our modest contribution to the Comintern.
他们会很高兴的
They will be pleased.
不!
No! No!
Engels!
No.
Oh.
天啊 这么晚了 我麻烦大了
Oh, boy! It’s late. I’m in the doghouse.
别载我去家里
Better forget about my place.
去比佛利山酒店
Drop me off at the Beverly Hills Hotel.
好吧
HOBIE: All righty.
Huh.
你哪位?
Who are you?
Todd.
Todd.
你订的早餐是热的还盒装的?
You get a hot breakfast or a box breakfast?
我哪知啊
I don’t know.
你是基本演员还是临时演员?
Are you a principal or an extra?
应该是基本演员吧
I think I’m a principal.

Yeah.
我在想”到底怎么回事!”
BAIRD: I’m thinking, “What the hell?”
我也曾在陌生的房♥间里醒来 但身边至少会有个女人
Woken up in some strange houses before, but never without a broad next to me.
这些人挺有趣的
Mmm-hmm. These guys are pretty interesting, though.
他们发现了支配一切的…规律
They’ve actually figured out the laws that dictate everything.
历史 社会学 政♥治♥学 道德 等等一切
History, sociology, politics, morality, everything.
都写在”资本论”里
It’s all in a book called Kapital, with a “K.”
是吗?
That right?
是喔 你绝不会相信的
Yeah. And you’re not gonna believe this.
他们甚至弄明白电影公♥司♥在干什么
These guys even figured out what’s going on here at the studio,
这只不过是
because the studio is nothing more
资本主义的一个工具
than an instrument of capitalism. Hmm.
是的 我们盲目遵循这些规律 就像其他机构一样
Yeah, so we blindly follow these laws like any other institution,
他们却发现这些规律
laws that these guys figured out.
电影公♥司♥用电影服务这系统
The studio makes pictures to serve the system.
这就是它的功能
That is its function.
就是我们所做的
That’s really what we’re up to here.
是吗? – 是
Is it? Yeah.
我们只不过是在证实他们所谓的”现实”的东西
It’s just confirming what they call the “status quo.”
我是说 也许会跟自己说我们正在”创造”
I mean, we may tell ourselves that we’re creating
艺术价值
something of artistic value,
或者还会说 电影事业是有精神层面的
or there’s some sort of spiritual dimension to the picture business.
但实际不过是只纽约的肥猫 远在纽约的Schenk先生
But what it really is, is this fat cat, Nick Schenk, out in New York,
经营着这家公♥司♥ 然后略施小惠…
running this factory, serving up these lollipops to the…
你们叫它是棒棒糖…
What they used to call the bread and circuses for the…
什么
What…
给我听好 混球
Now, you listen to me, buster.
Schenk先生和这家公♥司♥待你不薄
Nick Schenk and this studio have been good to you
对其它在此工作的人都很好
and to everyone else who works here.
如果你再说Schenk先生坏话
If I ever hear you bad-mouthing Mr. Schenk again, it will be the last thing you say
我就送你去坐牢 你再好好说去
before I have you tossed in jail for colluding in your own abduction.
Eddie 我不会那样
Eddie, I wouldn’t… I would never do that!
闭嘴
Shut up!
快滚出去 把”凯萨万岁!”演完
You’re gonna go out there and you’re gonna finish Hail, Caesar!
你要把那段话说完
You’re gonna give that speech at the feet of the penitent thief,
而且要字字相信
and you’re gonna believe every word you say.
你是个演员 你就是吃这行饭的
You’re gonna do it because you’re an actor and that’s what you do,
就像那些导演
just like the director does what he does,
编剧 场记 打版的
and the writer and the script girl and the guy who claps the slate.
你必须去做 因为这部戏有价值
You’re gonna do it because the picture has worth!
为本片服务 你就有价值
And you have worth if you serve the picture,
这点可别忘了
and you’re never gonna forget that again.
我不会忘了 Eddie
I won’t forget, Eddie.
最好别忘了
You’re damn right you won’t.
只要我还当位
Not as long as I run this dump.
Baird.
做好你的明星!
Go out there and be a star.
Mannix先生!
NATALIE: Mr. Mannix!
既然你要上车了 就把花拿去吧
Since you’re going to your car, I thought you might wanna take this.
这是什么?
What is it?
DeeAnna送的
From DeeAnna Moran.
为了谢谢你 她不用领养自己的孩子了
Thank you, and she doesn’t need to adopt her baby after all.
啊?
Huh?
她昨晚请Joe吃饭 看来是聊得不错
She asked Joe Silverman out for dinner last night, and I guess it went well.
然后开车去棕榈泉 今天一早三点结婚了
They drove to Palm Springs and were married at 3:00 this morning.
Huh.
会去很久吗? 今天行程
Will you be gone long? Today’s call list to go through.
不 不到一小时就回来 有私事要办
No, less than an hour. Personal errand.
这束花配得不错
It’s a nice arrangement.
她把帐记在公♥司♥头上了
She charged it to the studio.
好的
Right.
刚好要找你(这是Thora)
Just coming to see you.
早啊
Good morning. Uh…
昨晚很抱歉 Thora 我不知你姊会来
Sorry about last night, Thora. I didn’t know your sister would show up.
也许是这样 但我不经一事 不长一智
Well, that’s as may be, but I certainly learned my lesson.
Eddie 今天不管你说什么 明天我还是要登
Whatever you say today, Eddie Mannix, my column tomorrow is about
关于“Wings as Eagles”
On Wings as Eagles.
Thora 我建议你还是别写
Thora, I wouldn’t do that if I were you.
我就知道你会这样说
I’m sure you wouldn’t.
不 不 你还不知道 我们坐下说
No, no, no, you don’t understand. Let’s sit down.
我要你别登是为你好
I’m telling you not to run the column, Thora, for your own good.
我自己知道谁好谁坏
I can judge my own interest.
这会是年度最佳报导
This will be the story of the year.
赫斯报业集团正再重振好莱坞专栏
And it so happens the Hearst syndicate are looking to pick up a Hollywood column.
你认为这是轻而易举的?
And you think this will cinch it for you?
当然
You know it will.
Baird是你们最有名的明星
Baird Whitlock, your biggest star,
在”Wings as Eagles”一片中担当第一主角
got his first major part in On Wings as Eagles
靠的是与该片导演搞同性恋
by engaging in sodomy
就是那位 Laurence Laurentz
with the picture’s director, Laurence Laurentz.
这个我们都知道了
Oh, we’ve all heard the story.
但有件事你没听过
But here’s something you haven’t heard.
你消息来源是个共♥产♥党
Your source is a communist.
如果你报了就会被抓
If you print it, it’ll be dismissed as a commie smear tactic,
你也会被当作共♥产♥党帮凶被解雇
and you’ll be dismissed as a commie stooge.
Burt已经离开这国家
Burt Gurney has left the country.
他所属的集团也被警方捣毁
The cell he was part of has been smashed by the police.
或许你认为他可信
Might have thought he was credible
因为他是Laurentz先生的现任…宠儿
because he’s Mr. Laurentz’s current protégé,
但你不想被当作Burt的喉舌吧?
but you don’t want to be seen as Burt Gurney’s mouthpiece after this.
你怎么知道Burt是我的消息来源?
How did you know Burt was my source?
昨天深夜跟 Laurence谈过 得出这样推论
Late last night, I talked to Laurence, put two and two together.
既然碰到你了 我就不必给你送去了
Well, no reason to send this since I ran into you.
这是为昨晚Thessaly不请自来表示歉意
It’s my way of apology for Thessaly horning in last night.
我很看重我们的友谊 Thora
I do value our friendship, Thora,
我还有要事 快迟到了
but I’m late for something important.
为何向这个希伯来人下跪 Autolochus?
Why on your knees before this Hebrew, Autolochus?
我昨天遇见过他 格拉古
I encountered him before, Gracchus.
就在去约沙法的井边
Beside the well of Jehosaphat.
举止多高贵的人啊
And what manner of man.
他是以色列人的祭司 却被其他祭司所不容
He’s a priest of the Israelites, despised even by the other priests.

No.
在昨的行军中一路上的风尘让我困顿
On yesterday’s march, punished by the dust of the road,
我抢着要头一个喝到井水
I sought to drink first at the well, before the slaves in my charge,
而我所管的那些奴隶们干渴远甚于我
whose thirst was far greater than my own.
本来就罗马人先于奴隶
A Roman drinks before a slave.
这个人给所有人水喝
This man was giving water to all.
他眼中没有罗马人和奴隶
He saw no Roman, he saw no slave.
只有人 虚弱的人 他给予救助
He saw only men, weak men, and gave succor.
遭受痛苦的 他给予安慰
He saw suffering, which he sought to ease.
对罪人 他却给予爱
He saw sin, and gave love.
爱吗 Autolochus?
Love, Autolochus?
他看到了我的罪和贪婪 Gracchus
He saw my own sin, Gracchus, and greed.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!