我想见默斯格罗夫准将
I wish to speak to Brigadier General Musgrove.
预约过才可以
Not without an appointment you can’t.
您不能见
That would be quite impossible.
能不能麻烦你告诉他
Uh, if you would kindly tell him
托马斯·多斯下士想跟他说两句话
Corporal Thomas Doss would appreciate a brief word.
他在参加一个重要会议
He’s in a very important meeting.
我在法国北洛森林跟着他打过仗 他是队长
I fought with him in France at Belleau Wood. He was my captain.
拜托了 女士 这事非常重要
Please, ma’am, it’s most vital.
谢谢你 女士
Thank you, ma’am.
外面有个人找你 叫汤姆·多斯
There’s a man out there, Tom Doss.
多斯
Doss?
很快就结束了
Be over in a minute.
你可以像什么都没发生过一样回家了
You’ll be home safe and sound, like nothing ever happened.
我爱你
I love you.
这是关于二等兵戴斯蒙德·多斯的听证会
This is a hearing into the matter of Private Desmond Doss.
罪名是违反上级的
The charge is disobeying a series of direct orders
一系列直接命令
from his commanding officer.
辩方有何观点
How says the defendant?
二等兵多斯想进行无罪辩护
Private Doss wishes to enter a “Not guilty” Plea.
是吗 我以为已经达成协议了
Is that so, Private? I thought this was agreed.
你要进行认罪求情呢
You wanted to enter some sort of plea bargain.
-是的 但我改变主意了 -是吗
– Yes, sir, but I changed my mind. – Just like that?
你想上军事法庭
You wish to proceed to a court-martial?
是的 长官
Yes, sir.
那就随你吧 二等兵 继续
Well, on your head, then, Private. Proceed.
法官大人 二等兵多斯用道德压我们
Your Honor, Private Doss waves his morality at us
好像那是他的荣耀勋章一样
like it’s some kind of badge of honor.
他公然蔑视
He flaunts his contempt by
违反了长官的
directly disobeying a series of direct orders
一系列直接命令
from his commanding officer.
而我们的其他士兵
When the very best of our
还在沙场上浴血奋战…
young men are sacrificing their lives against…
-你还好吗 -没事
– You okay? – Yes.
他们还在审理吗
Are they still deliberating?
是的
Yes, sir.
好 你把这个拿进去
Okay, now you go take this in there.
不行 只有军队人员才能进入
I can’t. It’s strictly military personnel.
那就让他们帮忙拿进去
Well, then you get one of them to take it in.
他们不会帮忙的 他们恨不得直接埋了他
They ain’t out to help. They’re fixing to bury him.
任何军事法庭
There is only one question
都只需要问被告一个问题
that any military court need ask of the accused.
你是否否认违反了萨斯顿上校的直接命令
Do you deny disobeying Colonel Sangston’s direct orders?
你否认吗 二等兵
Well, do you, Private?
-不 我不否认 -那还有什么好争辩的呢
– No, sir. I don’t. – Why are you contesting it, then?
既然你都拒绝碰枪了
Why is it so important to you,
为什么在部队服役
given your refusal to even touch a weapon,
对你还那么重要呢
to serve in a combat unit?
因为日本袭击珍珠港的时候
Because when the Japanese
我很生气
attacked Pearl Harbor, I took it personal.
我身边的所有人都迫切想参军 包括我
Everyone I knew was on fire to join up, including me.
我家乡有两个人被判定不适合服役
There were two men in my home town… declared 4-F unfit.
他们为此而自杀了
They killed themselves because they couldn’t serve.
我在国防工厂上班 本可以推迟服役
I had a job in a defense plant and I could’ve taken a deferment,
但那是不对的
but that ain’t right.
其他人可以战斗 牺牲
It isn’t right that other men should fight and die,
而我在家安享太平是不对的
that I would just be sitting at home safe.
我必须参军
I need to serve.
我充满激♥情♥想做一个战地医护人员
I got the energy and the passion to serve as a medic.
和其他人并肩作战 同样浴血沙场 只是
Right in the middle with the other guys. No less danger, just…
其他人夺取生命的时候 我是去救人性命
While everybody else is taking life, I’m going to be saving it.
当世界四分五裂的时候
With the world so set on tearing itself apart,
我觉得想努力把它拼凑起来
it doesn’t seem like such a bad thing to me
并没什么不对
to want to put a little bit of it back together.
抱歉先生 任何人不得进入…
Sorry, sir, nobody’s allowed to go…
不 你不明白 我儿子是被告
No, you don’t understand. My son is the defendant.
我明白先生 但任何人都不能
I understand, sir, but nobody’s allowed…
我手上有很重要的信息
I have information that’s important.
先生 您不能进
Sir, you are not allowed…
虽然表现出来的情感值得称赞
While the sentiments expressed are laudable,
但是指控罪名看起来也无可辩驳 因此…
the facts of the charge seem incontestable, so…
外面什么情况
What the hell is going on out there?
放开他
Let him go.
-你穿的是一战的军装 -是的长官
– That’s a Great War uniform. – It is, sir.
长官 这个必须给您
Sir, I need to show you this.
但是 先生 你已经不是军人了
With respect, sir, you are no longer a member of the military.
你不能参加听证会 抱歉
You are unable to attend this hearing. I’m sorry.
真是这样吗 长官
Is that truly the way it works, sir?
你为祖国而战
You fight for your country,
失去了那么多珍贵的东西
you lose so much that was dear to you,
然后你就被抛弃了吗
and then you’re done with?
军装被遗忘 你再也无力发声
The uniform is forgotten. You have no voice.
你在利斯河战斗过
You were at Lys?
是的 长官 还有贝洛森林
I was, sir. And at Belleau Wood.
两次授勋啊
Twice decorated, I see.
是的 长官
Yes, sir.
我想你就是这位列兵的父亲吧
I take it you are the Private’s father.
是的 长官 托马斯·多斯
I am, sir. Thomas Doss.
那么作为退役军人 你该明白法律规定
Then, as a former military man, you know there are laws here…
长官 我懂法 也知道我儿子也受其保护
Sir, I know the law and I know my son is protected by those laws.
宪法中是这样规定的
They are framed in our constitution.
他也和我一样 信任这法律
And I believe in them, as he does.
我上战场就是为它而战
They are why I went and fought to protect them.
至少我以为是如此
At least, that is what I thought I was doing.
因为如果不是为此
Because if it wasn’t for that,
那我也不知道我是去为何而战了 长官
then I have no idea what the hell I was doing there, sir.
谢谢 多斯下士
Thank you, Corporal Doss.
把信给我吧
Let me have the letter.
你必须离开了
You must go.
“作为良知拒绝服役者 被告享有
“The defendant’s rights as a conscientious objector
为国会法案保护的权利
are protected by an Act of Congress
无人有权强迫他放弃他的权利
and he cannot be compelled to waive those rights.
此案中其包括 他拒绝携带武器的权利”
That includes, in this case, his disobeying orders to bear arms.”
签名 战时指挥官
Signed, Brigadier General Musgrove,
默斯格罗夫准将 华盛顿特区
War Services Commander, Washington, D.C.
上校
Colonel?
-我撤销指控 长官 -那么案件驳回
– I withdraw the charges, sir. – Then this case is dismissed.
二等兵多斯 你有权不携带任何
Private Doss, you are free to run into the hellfire of battle
用以自保的武器冲上战场
without a single weapon to protect yourself.
你将恢复原职 并开始军医培训
You may resume your duties and begin training as a combat medic.
-他在哪 -走了 直接走的
– Where is he? – Gone. Straight after.
我求他留下 我说了你会想见他
I begged him to stay. I told him you’d want to see him.
没事 我理解
No, I understand.
等你回家 告诉他我爱他
When you get home, you tell him I love him.
好的 好的
Okay. Okay.
你可不许不回来
You better come home to me.
山姆大叔最温柔
Uncle Sam is mild
像孩子一般温顺
He’s peaceful as a child
好莱坞 闭嘴
Hollywood, shut up.
行了 声音小点
Come on, pipe down.
-闭嘴 伙计 -闭嘴
– Shut up, man. – Shut up!
我发誓 好莱坞 我会开枪的
I swear to God, Hollywood, I will shoot you.
闭嘴了行吗
Put a sock in it, will you?
省点力气放战场上
Save the crowing for when we get there.
扫兴的来了
Killjoy was here.
让让路
Give him room.
让开 让开 靠边
Clear! Clear! Move aside!
96师…或者说是仅剩的部分吧
The 96th… or what’s left of them.
我们就是去顶替他们的
These are the guys we’re replacing.
-我觉得不错 -安全
– Seems good to me. – Clear.
-很好 -安全
– As gold. – Clear.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!